Would you keep your ex's gifts to you?

the_summerangel

Guest rubyx

I still keep the teddy bear that my ex gave me on my bed. My BF knows about it, but what can he do? All he did was buy me another bear.

He doesn't have an ex, so there's nothing for me to feel.

Also, I wish my BF would treasure something like a jar of paper stars. My first BF gave me one, but the glass broke and I threw it away. I wish I still had it. But my current BF would hate receiving one and he would never go through the effort of making something for me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kiss_bunny

the love quotes, yeah i wouldnt keep stuff like that.

If it was other stuff that you can use and stuff, i would keep it.

Iono i feel like

sometimes we have to be mature and realize that we cant get jaelous over a gift the bf got from an ex.

Guest meiming8_1

I still have my ex's things. It's just some jewellery that I never wear, but I wouldn't throw it away. I don't love my ex any more but it doesn't mean I'm going to throw the stuff he gave me away. It's just memories, and nothing more :)

Guest johnwarner

Once you married girl then after never think about the other girls(ex).If you are thinking about your ex girlfriends then it makes you in lots of troubles.

Guest angelaness

I trash it because if they're not in my life for the future and present then, there's no reason to dwell on ANYTHING.

Plus, it re-freshens me^____^

EDIT: About your situation, I would have a "sit down, let's talk" conversation with him about it.Try trashing it and see his reaction, it can go in three general ways:

The Good- Means he's over her and just left it in his room because he's a dumb guy.

You: *Trash"

Him: "Why are you trashing that?"

You: "I never gave this to you so, why keep it? Does it have any meaning or value to you?"

Him: "No. It's okay then, I don't care."

OR.....

The Bad- Means something is up (and I'd still trash that crap!).

You:*Trash"

Him: "Why are you trashing that?"

You: "I never gave this to you so, why keep it? Does it have any meaning or value to you?"

Him: "But, I still want to keep it......"

OR......

The Ugly-Means it's a huge red flag that he's still into this girl.

You:*Trash"

Him: "NO! Don't touch it!"

You should NOT be touching his things or throwing away your boyfriends things. Its not yours, and you guys arent even married. He wants to keep it as a memory. Let him do that. If you keep bothering him about it you guys will get into an argument and then a fight.

Sure its okay that you feel bad, but you have to get over it.

For me, we recently broke up and we have been together for a while. Im not gonna delete anything or throw everything away. I would just put it aside somewhere else, I keep everything as a memorable memory. Cause I still treasure everything we did.

Guest superhero ♥

nopee ! for memorys sake. or just leave it there for decoration or pack it away. (referring to soft toys/jewelery/etc, you know?)

Guest theotherwoman

I ended all my relationship's in good terms.

With good/bad memories I rather leave it behind at Goodwill.

Guest ilikecandixD

well, you might want to look at it from his point of view, the two of them broke up, and he had a gift from her. i't's not like he should destory it because it came from her. I mean what kinda of gf would you be if you trashed his gift?

I believe that I will keep my ex's gifts for me even when I am in a new relationship. The reason being that even though it brings back memories when I look at them, when the gift was given to me, it was from sincere feelings. Even if they were not his sincere feelings, it was the thought that counts and I do not see why getting rid of something from someone in the past is a big deal. After all, it is yours to keep and it is nice to keep, especially if you are still friends, and/or things ended on a good note. But if it is the case where things ended badly and such, then I will re-think about throwing certain things out.

Guest ordinaRynne

I would keep them no matter what.

they're part of my sweet memories and i wouldn't want to lose them.

of course, if i see my boyfriend's ex girl's gifts I would feel rather hurt

but i could totally relate! =]

Guest bonjour tristesse.

if they were things esasily seen like necklaces, rings, teddy bears, no. i dont know why but it would just remind me of them. like before, my ex gave me his chain necklace and all through out while we were dating i always wore it. when i broke up with him, the first thing i did was give it back to him and he knew.

Guest fuufuu

Sadly my bf's ex passed away shortly after they broke up, they were still friends. She passed away in a car accident... So i dont mind him keeping her things. not one bit. I do have the gifts from my ex, only cause he was my first bf...and i like the thought that went into it. My bf will mumble and thats that for it lol

Archived