Baek Jin Hee 백진희

LavenderP

Guest thecandyce

@LavenderP‌ Thank you so much for the warm welcome :) I've actually been her fan for a month and I've been keeping up with the Soompi thread ever since, but because of how much prospect her upcoming drama has, I was compelled to join Soompi and keep up with the updates :) (also to find Jinhee fans to spazz with heeheehee) Thankfully the Jinhyuk stans on the P&P thread are quite receptive towards Jinhee as well :)

To be honest I think that Triangle was pretty terrible. Jinhee's performance was stellar, but it was limited by her lackluster script. The writers penned down a rather cliche, boring Mary Sue for Jinhee to play, of which any other actress would've done terribly with, but Jinhee managed to inject her own mature qualities into her character Oh Jeonghee, hence Jeonghee wasn't as irritating as your typical Mary Sue. I think Jinhee suits bigger roles. The Mary Sue character doesn't do justice to her wide range of talents.

As unfairly as "Empress Ki" was scripted, especially the way it was so weighted towards Ha Jiwon, I thought Jinhee truly shined. Though the writers attempted to cast Tanashiri in a rather unfavorable light, giving her a malicious, petty and obnoxious character and putting her in such pitiable romantic circumstances, Jinhee managed to shine. That's how talented she is.

That's why I think that the current "Pride and Prejudice", if properly written, will do justice to Jinhee and her extensive range of skills. It gives her a strong, tough yet not stupid character (since obviously prosecutors need to have a certain level of intelligence or else they wouldn't be able to pass the bar), and it puts her in an equally hard setting - with the abusive upper echelons of the prosecution hammering down on her and her team, as well as the cold love interest who her charms will woo. All in all, I have great expectations for the new drama and also our beloved Jinhee!!! ♡♡♡ you'll probably see me frequently recaping and spazzing about it here. ♡♡♡

(On a side note I actually write Jinhee fanfiction)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@thecandyce, owh that is the condition...nevermind I know Jini is a strong girl and this thing won't let her down instead she will work more better like a lesson to brush up her acting skill more...you make me want to watch Pride & Prejudice more than Triangle now...as I love Jin Hyuk too...hihi...owh when you're done with your fanfiction of Jini you can put it in your banner to let's other who is interested to check it out. 

Welcome to the thread @thecandyce

I also saw you on the P&P thread. Hope to post there soon.

I actually love her in Empress Ki, and she really shone there and I think her performance really stood out. I have been her fan ever since. I am not sure if I can watch 'Triangle' but I found a link of Law in the City so I think I'll watch it if I have time.

I posted links to her short drama on KBS in the previous page, she super cute there! If you haven't seen it, and if you have a little time, go watch it. It's just 4 episodes.

I am so happy that she seems to be an MBC favorite. At least, we get to see her on our screens all the time. So far, I think MBC has produced good dramas for the year, I have seen most of the dramas they have shown in the M-T and W-Th lineup (well except Night of Watchman and Triangle), and the writing of most dramas are quite good. So I really hope that P&P will be a good one as well.

Guest thecandyce

@ChelseaS‌ Thanks for the welcome :)

Yep, I'm checking the P&P thread and other sources every day for updates. Once the drama starts, I will do a full recap of the show because I know it's going to be absolutely amazing.

Jinhee in "Empress Ki" was stunning, but her character's circumstances were pitiful. I wasn't that fond of the unfair treatment towards Tanashiri. I don't know the extent of evil she had in history, but I doubt that the Emperor was that cold towards her. The writers went out of their way to make Jiwon the centre of attention, but Jinhee the evil brat.

"Triangle" left me extremely disappointed. To be honest I disliked the way she had to inevitably fall for Jaejoong's character. Jaejoong himself is fine, but his character Youngdal was despicable. The writers made Jinhee seem like such a pushover. The scenes, or lack thereof, with Jinhee inside barely did justice to her talents.

I watched her short KBS show already! Jinhee was stunning inside but to be honest, I felt she had more chemistry with Hyun Woo than the leading man Lee Seunghyo. The pairing felt awkward and strange, especially with Lee Seunghyo's lack of chemistry. It was Jinhee who really tugged heartstrings (all the time).

I'm overjoyed too! She's on three of the four MBC M-T dramas of 2014, and playing a relatively important role in each too. I think that if MBC continues to capitalize on her talents and recognize her as their golden girl, then she will be truly phenomenal. I mean, we see SBS having their golden boy and girl in Lee Jongsuk and Park Shinhye, so I'm glad that Jinhee is becoming the golden girl of MBC because she really deserves all the backup she can get.

Considering the experience of the writer and the success of School 2013, and also the amazing plot line of P&P (Oh I adore political thrillers, especially one where they get lawyers involved), I think P&P will be a milestone for Jinhee. I hope it will be the very leverage that sweeps all the awards to her.

Guest thecandyce

@LavenderP‌ I think Jinhee's strength and resolve is amazing. It's also great how she's not blindly strong, but actively pursues what she wants to do. I think for Jinhee, she doesn't just work hard but she works smart, that's why the way she matures as an actress is evident with each role she plays.

And yes, do watch P&P first and support Jinhee on the P&P thread! :)

Oh, I actually post up my Jinhee fanfiction on Asianfanfics. Lemme add the links here.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/14001/beneath-the-powder-friendship-romance-leejongsuk-leesoohyuk-kimwoobin-kimjiwon-baekjinhee

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/152035/the-game-of-blue-bloods-kimsoohyun-songjoongki-leejongsuk-exo-leesoohyuk-kimwoobin-baekjinhee

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/214325/the-plutocrats-kimsoohyun-leejongsuk-leesoohyuk-kimwoobin-kimjiwon-ahnjaehyun-baekjinhee

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

November 22, 2014 
New behind cuts of Baek Jin Hee & Lee Tae Hwan from 'Pride & Prejudice' unleashed
Source: STARN News
20141122114754_546ff959d6f2b_1.jpg
New behind cuts of Baek Jin Hee and Lee Tae Hwan from 'Prdie & Prejudice' wereu nleashed.
Baek Jin Hee and Lee Tae Hwan are playing in MBC drama 'Pride & Prejudice' each as a veteran rookie prosecutor named Han Yeol Moo and and a rookie prosecutor investigator named Kang Soo these days. Recent episodes of 'Pride & Prejudice' showed Lee Tae Hwan slowly falling in love with Baek Jin Hee, and many viewers are showing huge curiosity about how their romance will develop.
Many viewers are calling Baek Jin Hee and Lee Tae Hwan as 'Watery Kimchi Couple,' and the number of their fans are steadily increasing. Baek Jin Hee is five years older than Lee Tae Hwan, but the two are still showing a fabulous teamwork together. Baek Jin Hee's beautiful look is making a fabulous match with Lee Tae Hwan's handsome look, and many viewers are showing great reactions for the chemistry that flows between them.
The two are still in an awkward relationship in the drama, but new behind cuts that show their great teamwork great teamwork were unleashed.
Baek Jin Hee and Lee Tae Hwan always show great care for each other, just like an older sister and a younger brother. The photos show Baek Jin Hee adjusting Lee Tae Hwan's outfits, and Lee Tae Hwan is showing a shy smile at her.
One of the photos also shows Baek Jin Hee and Lee Tae Hwan looking after child actor Kim Kang Hoon. In the drama, Choi Jin Hyuk had showed a jealousy for their close relationship. The three almost look like one family, and it is said that they always deeply impress all of the staffs with their great professionalism.
A representative of the drama's production company said, "Baek Jin Hee and Lee Tae Hwan's relationship will go through further progress during next few episodes. Please keep showing the same supports for the two and the drama."
Meanwhile, 'Pride & Prejudice' airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 10 PM.
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Baek Jin Hee Shows Her More Feminine Side In December 2014 Esquire

BJH-ESQ-1214-header.jpg

Baek Jin Hee, who is currently playing a tough but hot-headed Prosecutor in “Pride And Prejudice” shows 3 different sides of herself for the December 2014 issue of Esquire: Cute, sexy and laid-back and darkly glamorous. Check it out!

BJHESQ1214-3.jpgBJHESQ1214-2.jpgBJHESQ1214.jpg

Source  |  Korea Star Daily

Couch Kimchi

December 7, 2014
New behind cuts of Baek Jin Hee from 'Pride & Prejudice' unleashed
Source: STARN News
20141206124940_54827cd406534_1.jpg
New behind cuts of Baek Jin Hee from 'Pride & Prejudice' were unleashed.

Recently, Baek Jin Hee is playing in MBC drama 'Pride & Prejudice' as a prosecutor named Han Yul Moo, and on December 6th, the drama's production team released new behind cuts of Baek Jin Hee.
Baek Jin Hee is receiving a great number of compliments from many viewers for her fabulous acting. In the photos, Baek Jin Hee is showing a bright smile in between her shootings, and it is said that her energetic and bright personality make all of the other actors, actresses, and staffs to smile as well.
One of the photos shows a handwritten message that Baek Jin Hee wrote for her fans and audiences during her break time. Baek Jin Hee asked her fans to not forget watching the drama and many fans are showing great reactions for her lovely handwriting. 
Another photo shows Baek Jin Hee showing a lovely pose, showing a 'v' shape with her fingers. She showed a bright smile when she saw the camera, and many people are showing great reactions for her lovely look.
Next photos show Baek Jin Hee showing a shy and embarrassed smile after making a mistake during one of their shootings, and daydreaming while waiting for her next shooting.
A representative of MBC said, "Baek Jin Hee always participates in her shootings with huge energy, and she has a special talent in making others happy as well. She is making a significant amount of contribution in making the atmosphere much brighter."
Meanwhile, 'Pride & Prejudice' airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 10 PM.
/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

December 11, 2014
Baek Jin Hee’s Lovely Office Look
Source: BNTNewsjw0tc3dvnjcduye77ppooscmt8ux3q0c.jpg
[by Oh Ara] With a strong story line and the actors’ passionate acting, love for MBC drama ‘Pride and Prejudice’ grows with each episode. 
Twist upon twist, there is romance in the drama as well as refreshing humor. Another thing that captivates the viewers is the protagonists’ fashion.
In particular, trainee prosecutor Baek Jin Hee’s style gathers a lot of attention. She shows various styles to depict a warm and feminine prosecutor look rather than a harsh and cold image that elitists have. 
What is the lovely office look of the ‘Han Yeol Moo Fashion,’ or ‘Baek Jin Hee Coat,’ that has captivated women in their twenties and thirties?
Style 1. Shirt (with knit)ljqarw9085eydhunh5s2nyzy4wc3w2d9.jpg
It is too cold to wear just a t-shirt but too hot in the office to wear too many layers. With just a knit and shirt, you can have warmth and style. 
In the drama, Baek Jin Hee plays the part of a prosecutor. Instead of the usual black suit, coat and dark stiff style, she shows a gentle and lovable ‘female prosecutor style.’ 
Not only can you achieve dynamic styles with a knit and shirt, but depending on the outer, you can give a different mood perfect for a daily office look. 
How?qixqq253ac65baqvdd05h1x1ie08f6ww.jpg

Layer a patterned shirt with a black, navy, or purple knit for a tidy look. A knit made from angora is cozy. In addition, pastel colors such as indie pink, mint, and blue give a soft and womanly image than dark colors. 
Style 2. Coatau9sh8se3x375nkbh34vqskkfnc2ef1f.jpg
Don’t just wear a white shirt and black jacket for an office look. Let’s widen the choices with various colors and patterned shirts and outers. 
Baek Jin Hee comes out every episode wearing patterned and colored shirts than a plain white shirt and matches it with pants or skirts for a feminine style. 
A coat is an outer that is taken out of the closet often in winter. This winter, dynamic colors, designs, and material coats are eye-catching. Rather than a dark color, a pastel coat that covers the butt is popular. 
How?fjqccct6mgveh1y1t573pcd9dr14nd2s.jpg
A loosely-fitted navy coat is a basic coat that won’t go out of style. If you have one, you can wear it for a long time. 
It is also good to try giving a bright mood with a pastel tone coat. As cold as it is, wear it over a turtleneck knit or cardigan. 
A beige coat gives a sophisticated style. Since it is a modest color, give a point with another item such as a shirt, knit, or muffler. Finish the look with a clutch or shoulder bag instead of a fancy purse to complete the modern look. (photo by Le Shop, MBC ‘Pride and Prejudice’ capture)

Baek Jin-hee is Jealous of Park Shin-hye (updated on December 16, 2014)

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=51&simg=2014121

Singer-actor Lee Hong-gi released an adorable selfie of actress Baek Jin-hee on his Instagram on Tuesday.

Lee, the lead singer of boy band FT Island, posted the photo with a jovial comment that says, "Baek Jin-hee gets pissed off because I hung out with Park Shin-hye and not her. Oh popular me. Cheers!

In the photo, Baek is cutely wincing at the camera, making a jealous face.

Baek is currently starring in MBC's hit drama "Pride and Prejudice," playing a junior social news reporter.

Credit: khnews@heraldcorp.com at kpopherald.com

송윤아, 백진희 '오만과 편견' 촬영장 밥차 선물 '훈훈'

[Google Translate] Song Yun-ah, Baek Jin Hee 'Pride and Prejudice' filming bapcha gift 'warmed'

2014121918024459086_1.jpg?time=223539

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014121918024459086&outlink=2&SVEC

Baek Jin Hee and Jung Hye Sung talk filming with the predominantly male cast for 'Pride and Prejudice'
(updated on December 10, 2014)

baek-jin-hee_1413591863_BaekJinHee.jpg

On December 9, 'Pride and Prejudice' held a press conference at the MBC building, where Baek Jin Hee and Jung Hye Sung were asked how it felt to act alongside a dominantly male cast.

Baek Jin Hee answered, "Now that I think of it, there aren't really any actresses." She continued, "I'm having a pleasant time filming on set to the point that it doesn't really feel like there are no [other] actresses. All of the staff members and actors treat me well."

Jung Hye Sung chimed in saying, "I also never feel that [there's a lack of actresses]. Everyone films like we're all men." Baek Jin Hee agreed as she concluded, "I get teased a lot." Currently, 'Pride and Prejudice' is leading as the most popular Mon-Tues drama. How are you liking the series so far?

Credit: Pakman from allkpop.com

Choi Jin Hyuk Would Rather Kiss Than Hug “Pride and Prejudice” Co-Star Baek Jin Hee

141221-choi-jin-hyuk-.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk has revealed that he doesn’t hold back when it comes to skinship.

On the December 21 broadcast of MBC’s “Section TV Entertainment Relay,” the star of MBC’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Pride and Prejudice” sat down with reporter Park Seul Gi for an interview.

In a recent episode of the drama, Choi Jin Hyuk and his co-star Baek Jin Hee were seen embracing each other in a romantic hug scene. Regarding this, the reported asked, “The 10-second hug scene with Baek Jin Hee – if it was up to you, how long would you hug her in that situation?”

The actor replied, “0.1 seconds? Shouldn’t we go straight to the kissing part?” and surprised Park Seul Gi with his honesty.

141221-choi-jin-hyuk.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2014/12/21/choi-jin-hyuk-would-rather-kiss-than-hug-pride-and-prejudice-co-star-baek-jin-hee/

Archived