Jang Keun Suk 장근석

shiro401

Interview Jang Keun Suk, "Switch - Change the World" Video Vol.3 on Wowow
Q: Will you talk about your 10’s, 20’s and 30’s: your past and your future?
JKS: I can say I made my life from the age of 10 to 20 together with my family. Not only receiving what I needed from my parents I also worked with them and tried to make a new form of “Jang Family.” I studied abroad, too. In those days I started getting interested in Japanese entertainment business, so I made Japanese friends and began learning Japanese. I was just like revving up the engine before a start. Then, from the age of 20 to 30 I ran flat out. I tried my best every day not to have any regrets and I ran with all my might. So, from now, after turning 30, I want to be more mature so that I will be able to get along well with others instead of just sticking to my own perspectives. I'm also working hard to be a person who can first read minds of others being totally different from me.

Q: How do you distract yourself from being lonely because you cannot see your fans?
JKS: I know I feel lonely but actually I might have been playing around with feelings of loneliness. In my twenties I was always like an excited horse which is just about to run. Now I’m in my thirties and I started thinking I have to accept feelings of loneliness properly. Though it is important to express all of myself explosively, on the other hand I definitely need to have time to recharge myself. I need time to find new me while listening to various kinds of music and watching shows of other artists. When I really miss my fans, I watch DVDs of my shows. While checking how my fans reacted to each scene of my singing and talking and also trying to find what kind of my performances made them smile, I will look forward to seeing them again.

Q: What do you think is the best part of the drama “Switch”?
JKS: For a Korean drama it is fast-paced. It has a great sense of speed. Unlike ordinary dramas you don’t know how it’s going to unfold. So, you will be attracted more and more to this drama. I also believe it will clearly show you what kind of worldview Actor Jang Keun Suk has. I’d love all of you to look forward to watching the drama “Switch.”
Trans: IG yachan

• Like 1

[Drama Review] 

[Extract) Sa Do Chan’s high level of intelligence and outstanding wit, is perfect and admiring as a con-man. this character, portrayed by Jang Keun Suk, I can not imagine how someone else could take upon this role.

Jang Keun Suk, a veteran actor, named by many as Asia Prince, is truly honorable. his duality as Baek Joon Soo, a calm and stern man, and Sa Do Chan, a happy-go-lucky and cunning guy, is truly applaudable as he proves to everyone that his skills and talents as an actor, is not in vain. he is truly one of a kind.

6e517fbcf6e156051c57b8e44796a64a.jpg

Han Yeri, she possessed a quite charming charisma as she portrayed her character outstandingly.

Although the drama is still ongoing, episode 8 as its latest one, the drama is so far remarkable, well at least for me, with a captivating and interesting plot so far.

https://aminoapps.com

• Like 1

1/ "Human Space Time and Human" will be screened on Sep. 14 and 15 at 
CINÉMA STAR SAINT-EXUPÉRY in France.

http://www.cinema-star.com/saint-exupery/film/255975/

2/ Actor Jang's movie "Human Space Time and Human" will be screening at 17:00-19:00 on 17 Sep in Almaty Film Festival. It is included in a non-competition section.

https://almatyfilmfestival.com/en/special-screening-film-4/

bb04681ffb436d04de49f3329bdd05ab.jpg

3/ The movie "Human Space Time and Human" starred by Actor Jang was invited by the Contemporary Film Festival held on Aug. 25 and 26
to be screened at the National Theatre of Mexico

https://www.cinetecanacional.net/php/detallePelicula.php?clv=15939

4/ "Human Space Time and Human" will be invited to screen in XIII Batumi International Art-house Film Festival held in Batumi, Georgia during September 16-23 September, 2018. According to the announcement, the movie is included in Master collection section!

https://biaffbatumi.wordpress.com/2018/09/11/biaff-2018-announces-full-line-up-of-festival-program-competition-and-non-competition-sections-and-international-jury/

• Like 1

Good actor:

Shows Confidence: A great actor is confident in his work and portrays that confidence both during a performance as well as in public to help create a rapport with the public. Has Insight: A great actor has keen insight into human behavior and can effectively convey the emotion that influences one's actions. 

4ddd4c80c5ab69b6ac3bc4ddec5de1d6.jpg

edb3d50b3c4c38c4fa3026a69ef3f61e.jpg

cr: tw

Jang Keun Suk Answers 12 Questions (9-2009)
Aside from his stream of successes, actor Jang Keun Suk still leads on in his educational side of his life. With his new drama "You're Beautiful" as well as his latest film "Murder of Lee Tae Won," the 22 year-old enjoys his campus life; studying hard and being one with other University students. He recently agreed to answer 12 questions in-school. 
1. I heard the famous acting teacher Choi Hyung-In from Hanyang University praised you for your acting? 
JKS: Yes he did. He saw me in "Hwang Ji-Yi" and his praises bloomed from then on. He even offered me a part in "A Midsummer Night's Dream." 2. You said that you loved clubbing but you stopped. Why? I quit clubbing, but in return, I was given a "private place." I hang out with my friends and party there. And besides, I don't really like meeting people at crowded, loud places. But who knows, I might go clubbing again. 
3. What's your bloodtype? 
JKS: I'm an A. I guess that's why I'm so timid. When someone tells me something rude or hurtful, even when it's light or jokeful, I tend to hold on to that for a long time. Before I started dieting, I got a comment saying "Are you going to be a piggy idol?" That comment still lingers around my head. Also I'm the type that loses weight fast, then gains it all again. 
4. There's been competition between "You're Beautiful" and "Iris" 
JKS: When "Beethoven Virus" was airing, it was always sided with "Kingdom of Wind" and "The Painter of Wind." I'm looking forward to "Iris," but I'm not that worried about it. I have confidence in "You're Beautiful." 
5. Your lines in "Murder of Lee Tae Won" were 99% English, and they were fantastic! Did you feel any burden with the English lines? You could go into Hollywood movies.

JKS: A Hollywood career would be nice. But right now, there are so many flaws I have yet to fix. As for the English lines... well before shooting, I was nearly shaking in fear. I wanted to get it perfect, but I didn't have much confidence. The character I'm playing is part Mexican so I had to do it well. And because I enjoyed reading the script so much, I knew I had to do it and I hated to think that someone else were to play this part. 
6. "Murder of Lee Tae Won" was a low-budget film, wasn't it? 
JKS: Yes. And because of that we were all payed very little. But it was a good opportunity for me to try new things and prove myself that I can play all kinds of roles. As an actor, I think that was the biggest hit for me. 

8fbecea2f70836a87de766435e93437b.gif

7. What was the most difficult while shooting the film?

JKS: The character I'm playing has a bipolar personality and outlook on things. It was like playing two characters. My character believes he didn't commit the murder, while he actually did. His mindset is completely different from his actions, so I had to be careful not to show off any signs that he (the character) is 100% innocent as I had to also show that bipolar side of him. It was very difficult to control and balance out the two sides. 
8. I heard that things have changed a lot for you?

JKS: I don't really care all that much about my looks now. It's most likely because my coordinators and hair designers do pretty much everything for me. I'm trying to perfect myself as an actor. I guess caring too much about your looks lessens the chance of that. 
9. What is your goal this year?

JKS: I'm trying to get over all the obstacles that get in my way in acting. 
10. You're claustrophobic?

JKS: Yeah. When we were recording the OST for "Beethoven Virus," it was hard for me to be in the recording room for a long time. It just so small in there. So I drank before I did the recordings. 
11. Do you have a girlfriend? How many relationships have you been in? 
JKS: No, although I'd like to. I've loved two women in my life. One relationship lasted for about four years and a half, the other lasted about three years. I even dated when I was in high school. My type would be women like Jun In-hwa. I like benevolent and calm women. 
12. You've worked with Jung Jin-young. How was that?

JKS: While filming "Murder," he didn't approach me like I was some fresh faced actor, but as a genuine friend and co-worker. He has such a dedicated passion for acting, it's more like an obsession. I want that kind of passion. Even off camera, he continues to strive for better performance. I still keep Jin-young sunbae's advices close to heart. They will be useful later on in the future.

2508566c18e90d382f9f452e5e56e9ae.jpg

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2009/09/jang-geun-suk-answers-12-questions

• Like 2

[Review TV] Switch Change The World Drama _SBS

“Switch-Change the World” aired on SBS from March 28, 2018 to May 17, 2018. The show starred Jang Keun Suk who bravely took on the challenge of portraying two roles at the same time. This project also marked his return to tv after a two year hiatus from the small screen, with his last lead role being in “The Royal Gambler” in 2016; and it also might be his send-off drama as well, as it has been reported that this might be his last drama before he starts he enlists for his mandatory military service.

Jang Keun Suk was able to challenge himself as an actor, as he was able to showcase his emotional range and as he was able to pull of portraying two very different people in Do Chan and Joon Soo. However, he set the bar even higher when Do Chan started to slip into the role of Joon Soo more easily as the series went by. The two characters also went through interesting story arcs, and by the end of the series, one of them was more changed than the other.

4686df92cc67a6946f7415c1dfc6f734.jpg

Han Ye Ri was great as Prosecutor Oh Ha Ra as she wonderfully portrayed a prosecutor who is steadfast in her belief in the law, but who is willing to push the limits if need be to get the bad guys she’s after. She also went through a nice story arc; her acting was great; and she had a very easy chemistry with both Joon Soo and Do Chan.

The villains of the series were brought into the limelight very early on, something that I was grateful for, as doing this also allowed us to eagerly anticipate what they would do to outsmart our heroes. It was refreshing for me to see Jung Woong In as a villain, as the first drama I had ever seen him in was in “Prison Playbook”. Lee Jung Gil was no slouch as well as Choi Jung Pil, who represented an older villain who is way passed his prime.

The story itself was well written, and never lagged a single beat. It managed to remain fun and light-hearted, and executed the “earth shattering twists” in the drama in a believable way for this drama’s universe.

The “switches”  or cons itself are one of the things that you should look out for in this drama, especially as they manage to execute one or two of them at the same time. What is amazing is the fact that no matter how many cons they pulled in this series, it never got old and it kept you guessing all the way until the end.

1934cd25178d64d9bb3ccb9919da1aff.jpg

“Switch-Change the World” is definitely a drama to watch as it is a welcome change when it comes to prosecutor related dramas, because it showcases Jang Keun Suk’s talents, and as it is a welcome variation on the age old story of the good trying to catch the evil in traps of their own making. In the end, it is also a story about greed and power, and how the mighty do fall when their misdeeds catch up to them.

As mentioned earlier, Jang Keun Suk was able to be challenged as an actor with this series, as he had to play two distinct people at the same time, and had to show the differences between them. It does help that Joon Soo and Do Chan are polar opposites of each other, but it still doesn’t take away the fact that he was able to pull it off well. However, the acting feat for me was when Do Chan was really able to become Joon Soo, and in that very short moment in which Joon Soo managed to make people doubt and think he was Do Chan even though it did turn out that he was Joon Soo all along. Keun Suk was able to get all the nuances of these two characters down pat, and I loved seeing his emotional range here. I had only previously seen Jang Keun Suk in “You’re Beautiful”, so seeing him here impressed me.
Han Ye Ri portrayed Ha Ra well, and I love the easy chemistry see has with Jang Keun Suk.

I really liked how they wrapped everything up, especially as they went with both predictable and unpredictable endings. I’m glad that Joon Soo didn’t die, and that instead of Do Chan having to pretend to be Joon Soo forever, Do Chan is allowed to roam free and execute cons to gift wrap bad guys for Ha Ra and Joon Soo to indite. I also like that the romance was pretty low key, and that Do Chan’s team, in the end, reunited in order to be “good” con artists instead.

All in all, “Switch-Change the World”  was a light, fun and thrilling ride that never had a single down beat, that kept me guessing until the end, and that allowed me to witness the acting talent and charm that Jang Keun Suk has. Definitely a must watch!

cre: thekatcafe.com

• Like 1