Malaysian Soompi Community @ Msc

Guest adikkeluangman

hye! :) I heard there will be a culture & music festival this year in our country.. Artistes will be from Malaysia, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Taiwan.. Should wait for the upcoming news.. :D Anyway you guys can check it here :

Culture Music Festival

Is this legit? Checked the website/forum and it looks unprofessional. No offense though! The artwork/english that they use is not that impressive. I thought the company would be a popular/known one since they're allegedly bringing 2NE1/Beast and some top Japanese bands/artists. Besides, they, themselves said that they haven't confirmed the list of artists.

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest arinkorin

U-Kiss is coming on 19th June if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know if I'll be able to make it. Meanwhile, I'll just wait and maybe will purchase the cheapest ticket there.

Not a big fan of U-kiss anymore but I still like them ;) and would love to see them live in Malaysia.

Plus, a lot of the members can speak English and I'm sure it will be easier for them to connect with the fans.

About the progression of Kpop here... hermm.. Well, it's ok. At least we're progressing, eventhough quite slowly.

Korea Plaza KL is holding a competition right now where fans sing, dance and everything and who wins the competition will get a free trip to Korea as a reward!

I'm too lazy to google and post up the info on the competition, hehe, sorry.

but it's on right now and the K-popped girls are giving live updates from the event.

I'm excited cos I'd like to see how enthusiastic the K-pop fans are. weee

On the other side, Airasia will be flying to Seoul soon! woohooo.

and K-popped said the 50th Anniversary of Korea-Malaysia actually falls in the month October.

I wonder if... herm... anything in October?

• 2 weeks later...

UKiss is coming?? I want to go but i don't feel like going to places where there's too many people.... Sigh does anyone here who has lost their liking in this kpop fandom?? Other thn SNSD and old kpop artist, i just seems to lost interest in the fandom...

Guest arinkorin

^

gahh. losing the fandom? I'd rather say I'm not losing it, but my fandom has gradually decreased from how big it was previously. I guess because there are many new artists and new fans, so I just get lazy to support everything. I still follow the latest news and all but I don't get excited easily as I was before. The newest obsession is Beast, and I'm not sure if I'll be adding more to my list. I think it depends on what year you started liking and got crazy over K-pop. Almost every fans will reach this stage where we'll miss the old artists. As for me and my sister, we were crazy over it during the 2006-2007 period so you know... as for me, I miss the Shinhwa guys, Lee Jung, Eru etc. I think some of you here started earlier than I did right? So who do you guys miss? =)

but surprisingly, I'm starting to open up to girl groups now rather than last time. I like 4minute and After School =)

but if I'm not mistaken, a lot of Legend stars are making their comeback this year. Rain, Lee Hyo Ri and Se7en.. they say BoA is going to come back to Korea too so I'm not sure.

Talking about U-Kiss, I don't think I'm going either.. anyone here going?

Guest ChloeP

I heard rumors about SHINee going to JB on the 25th of May and wondering if that's true...Cuz if it is, I would totally drive all the way there from KL to see them...XD

^

gahh. losing the fandom? I'd rather say I'm not losing it, but my fandom has gradually decreased from how big it was previously. I guess because there are many new artists and new fans, so I just get lazy to support everything. I still follow the latest news and all but I don't get excited easily as I was before. The newest obsession is Beast, and I'm not sure if I'll be adding more to my list. I think it depends on what year you started liking and got crazy over K-pop. Almost every fans will reach this stage where we'll miss the old artists. As for me and my sister, we were crazy over it during the 2006-2007 period so you know... as for me, I miss the Shinhwa guys, Lee Jung, Eru etc. I think some of you here started earlier than I did right? So who do you guys miss? =)

but surprisingly, I'm starting to open up to girl groups now rather than last time. I like 4minute and After School =)

but if I'm not mistaken, a lot of Legend stars are making their comeback this year. Rain, Lee Hyo Ri and Se7en.. they say BoA is going to come back to Korea too so I'm not sure.

Talking about U-Kiss, I don't think I'm going either.. anyone here going?

I miss CSJH,FTTS, BGH4

I started around 2003/2004.. I mean like kpop idols nowadays are great but it just kpop are becoming less kpop and more americanized and the use of excessive autotune just irk me sometimes.

Ukiss is coming around june and i went to ukiss forum and it's pretty expensive for a showcase for a group that i don't really like that much to spend.

Title: U-Kiss! Me

Date: 19th June 2010

Time: 2pm – 5.30pm

Venue: Kuala Lumpur Convention Center, Plenary Hall

Event Content: Fan Meeting, Performances, Interaction Session with Fans, Album Signing

Pre-Sale Date: COMING SOON!

*The First 20 person who purchased VIP Seat Package will be entitled to more special privileges.

*People who purchased during pre-sale are entitled to an EXCLUSIVE U-Kiss Mini Poster.

*Guarantee will get ALL U-Kiss Members’ signature.

*Numbered Seating base on FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis.

Ticket Price:

VIP Seats Package (RM350) [Numbered Seat]

*The First 20 person who purchased VIP Seat Package.

1. U-Kiss ‘U-Kiss! Me’ Fan Meeting and Fan Sign VIP Seat ticket [Worth RM200]

2. U-Kiss ‘Only One’ album – Original Korea Version [Worth RM60]

(Get all 7 Member’s signature during Fan-Sign)

3. U-Kiss Original Signature Poster (Hand-Signed by all 7 members) [Worth RM90]

4. Group photo with U-Kiss members.

5. The First 20 seats near the stage with best view

6. The First 20 to go on stage for Album Signing

*The 21st person onwards who purchased VIP Seat Package

1. U-Kiss ‘U-Kiss! Me’ Fan Meeting and Fan Sign VIP Seat ticket [Worth RM200]

3. U-Kiss Original Signature Poster (Hand-Signed by all 7 members) [Worth RM90]

4. Chance to go on stage during interacting session with U-Kiss

5. The Second Batch to go on stage for Album Signing.

6. SPECIAL SURPRISE Chance for THREE Lucky Fan [Randomly Pick from all VIP Seats]

Ace Seats Package (RM180) [Numbered Seat]

1. U-Kiss ‘U-Kiss! Me’ Fan Meet and Sign Ace Seat Ticket [Worth RM120]

3. Chance to win U-Kiss Original Signature Poster – Korea Version (Hand-Signed by ALL 7 members)

Knight Seats Package (RM150) [Free Seating]

1. U-Kiss ‘U-Kiss! Me’ Fan Meet and Sign Knight Seat Ticket [Worth RM90]

Vampire Seats Package (RM120) [Free Seating]

1. U-Kiss ‘U-Kiss! Me’ Fan Meet and Sign Vampire Seat Ticket [Worth RM60]

Overseas/East Malaysia Fan Package (To Be Confirmed)

1. All benefits same as the package you purchased above with extra:

a. Air Ticket – Return

b. Accommodation

c. Transportation (KLIA-Hotel-KL Convention Centre-Hotel-KLIA)

*For more details on Air Fare, Accommodation and Transportation Rate, Kindly contact our Appointed Travel Agency.

MP Travel & Tours Sdn Bhd

No.110-1, Jalan Imbi, 55100 Kuala Lumpur

Tel: 603- 21427177

Fax: 603- 21459591/603- 21456520

CREDIT TO : ROCKETBOXX.NET

Guest adikkeluangman

No wonder the fees for U-Kiss is expensive. They gonna do it at Plenary Hall. Usually the event held there kinda privilege and exclusive like Il Divo concert, Siti Nurhaliza wedding. Takde ke tempat murah sket atau just nak show off (This is for organizer).

SHInee in JB on 25th May. Isn't that working day? BEAST also coming? I need date.

Yesterday got 'Legend of Star - DBSK' on 8TV. Ada Malay sub lagi. excited pula tengok. At least, I already went to their 2 concert that held in KL already.

Malam ni ada Anugerah Industri Muzik ke 17. For sure I will compare it with Korean award show. Usually, on the camera angle, performances and stage prop. Hopefully Faizal Tahir will win one award tonight. Can't wait to see his perf.

SHINee & Zhang Li Yin 1st Fanmeet in Malaysia

Date: 25-5-2010

Time: 15:00-16:30

Venue: The Summit Batu Pahat, Johor (Malaysia)

Artist: Zhang Liyin、SHINee (Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, Taemin)

Host: The Summit & S.M Entertainment

Source: dailydoseofshineee

Credits: Syee22 @ Daily K Pop News

why they make on working days??

Guest arinkorin

about SHINee fanmeeting, I think it's just a rumour. Up until now, there's no official statement from anyone saying that they'll come over. hermmm.

as for Beast, herm.. it was planned to be on the 5th of June, but there are some problems going on and they are asking the fans to wait for further announcement. hermmmm...

so.. the only confirmed K-pop event as for now is U-Kiss fanmeeting right? I shall just wait until it's nearing the date of the event to see whether I'll be having enough money and the time to go to the fanmeeting.. but for now, I don't think I'll be going..

Korea Tourism is organising the R-16 Southeast Asia & Hip Hop Concert on 15th May. It's something like a b-boy competition.. quite interesting.. if only I could get a free ticket. haha.

on the other side, I watched AIM17 too! Well, I personally think Anugerah Juara Lagu was better but it's still ok. The performances were quite boring, except for Faizal Tahir and Zee Avi, no? hoho

always wondering why korean star can make tour to singapore and thailand but not malaysia

i dunno whether its true or not but i heard they have hard time when they come to Malaysia

it is because of the organizer and poor management here.

If this true that make difficulties to fans who want to meet their fav, singer

but for sure super junior does not have with problem with organizer here.....

Guest adikkeluangman

SHINee is just a rumour. To think logically, why would it be in that place. No offends to people there but why not big cities like JB or KL or since it near to SG why not there. We talking about SM here. They need to jaga air muka juga.

Zee Avi?! Oh, no. Tak minat. FT is the one. But the hip-hop segment was cool. I love altimet.

arin Can you link me to BEAST news. I don't know anything bout it. TQ.

I went to the Hallyu Wave contest and R16 yesterday and it was good. Peserta was OK and I know one Soompi member here that got to the final. You're are great girl. Please kirim salam to your TaecYeon. ;)

R16 is fab. Hosted by Korean Hip Hop MC Jazz Ivy and have special appearance by Gamblerz Crew. If you familiar with b-boy international beside AOM than you should know. I so happy to see them coz I been following them quite some time. We got 2 Malaysian crew there but we lost it due to strong competition. Altimet performed again.

Just because we have Super Junior doing concert here doesn't mean that the tour was a success one. In what term you measure the success .ie. the concert was full house? But does it give profit back to organizer? Just imagine, the stage alone was RM6 juta. Does the tickets sale can cover it? The concert does not have big sponsor you know.

There are many organizer that interested to bring Korean artist here as far as I know but the main problem here are money, sponsor and language. Korean company are so demanding. Most big companies don't want to sponsor coz they don't think the artist can bring back profit to them. Look at Thailand. Who is the sponsor? The last one is language. As you know, Malaysia is multi language.

I prefer those days when we had no big name Korean artist came here.

Personally, I think they skip Malaysia because Malaysia doesn't really promote Korean stuffs, unlike Thailand. Think about it, Thailand's music charts have Korean songs. The singers from Korea would obviously go there and promote more of their songs...

If I were them, I'd definitely skip Malaysia. I mean, why would they come to Malaysia if they're unsure of their popularity? There are so many aspects that they have to consider before going on a tour. Afterall, the business is all about profits.

These days, there's JK Pop/Asian Getaway (Not so sure bout the tittles) on MTV so that's one way of marketing the Korean/Japanese entertainment. Maybe it'll raise their popularity and fans, hence, they'll consider coming to Malaysia. You guys just gotta keep praying (and gather more fans. Haha)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Some updates....

19/6 - U Kiss

26/6 - BEAST

10/7 - Brian Joo

End July / Early August - Wonder Girls.

I think I will go for Brian and Wonder Girls.

Is anyone going to brian showcase on 10th july? Book the ticket at http://www.facebook.com/rhythmland or http://www.rhythm-land.com/.

i personally just booked the ticket, super duper excited about the showcase, my first kpop infatuation is coming to malaysia. Please pm me if anyone from here is coming, at least i have someone to fangirl and share the excitement together.

Guest arinkorin

ohhh. so many kpop artists coming to our shore at once! I'm totally broke.

Definitely going for Beast! and considering really hard to go to Brian's.

I would have booked the ticket for Brian's showcase right away if it's not for my financial status. haih. 70% going. still thinking.

as for Wonder Girls... really? they're coming? herm. that's interesting!

not a big fan but I do like them.. and it would be very interesting to see fanboys in action. We've seen a lot of fangirling action going on. Now it's time for the fanboys! haha.

skipping U-kiss though. hoho.

they'll be arriving on the 17th. anyone greeting them at the airport? heh.

Guest misshermes

Hello I'm from Malaysia too :)

I wish Big Bang would come to Malaysia. ._____. I'm only interested in them.

"Beast 'Shock Of The New Era' Exclusive Showcase In Malaysia" - 26th June, 2010

beast-l.jpg

More info here

6 hunky and talented boys who called themselves BEAST will be in Malaysia from 26th June to 28th June 2010 for “Shock of the New Era” album promotion.

Beast will perform and showcase their talent to Malaysia audience on 26th June with the one and only Shock of the New Era showcase and on 27th June 2010, there will be an autograph signing held at One Utama, FCUK Entrance.

Starting from (8/6/10), pre-order your repackage version of BEAST “SHOCK OF THE NEW ERA” and you will get 1 ticket admission to BEAST “SHOCK OF THE NEW ERA” EXCLUSIVE SHOWCASE IN MALAYSIA. The new repackage of Shock of the New Era also includes the album and a Black or White Beast T-Shirt* total worth RM120.00.

Definitely going to OU on that day! I think the fan-signing event is open to public since it's held at OU's FCUK entrance.

Guest adikkeluangman

Welcome chu-e. Keep posting more. Nice to know another Malaysian here.

U-Kiss, well not going coz got things to do. But maybe will stalk them on Saturday just in case. I'm going for Brian showcase. But I need to see the seating layout first. I have tight budget and maybe I will opt for standing. Feel free to PM me. BEAST! I'm going for the showcase. Already booked 2 CD. Yeay, KL Live is much better venue. If Wonder Girls coming. I sure be broke. I so will stalk them when they arrive here until they leave. I hope JYP can come too.

Big Bang is too expensive and they are not interested to come. No one want to bring them here. j/k.

Anyway I watching Korea World Cup game at K-Town yesterday. It sure fun although it was held smaller scale unlike 4 years ago. I wonder if they will held another one for the next game.

Archived