[Drama 2010] Still, Marry Me / The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry 아직도 결혼하고 싶은 여ì

Guest purpleZ

Guest hello.drama.hello

this is cute a drama. luv it so far. at first, i still see kim bum as the kid on that housewives drama but he's starting to become more convincing as a grown adult in this drama. :D didn't like bof and thought that was a major disaster (besides all the eye candy). lolz.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest purpleZ

sorry for asking but I'm quite new and I couldn't understand whether there are any english subs or not except for withs2 (1st 2 eps).

for instance:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bvbzae

is it for sub link?

Hi, bluecat13. As far as I know only WITHS2 is subbing the English subs.

this is cute a drama. luv it so far. at first, i still see kim bum as the kid on that housewives drama but he's starting to become more convincing as a grown adult in this drama. :D didn't like bof and thought that was a major disaster (besides all the eye candy). lolz.

Welcome to this thread. And this is your first post. Hope to see you here more! :)

Sharing a gif I made of episode 6. Scene of SY and MJ.

ep6.gif

Guest purpleZ

Did anybody else realise that the last song that ki bum sang was from temptation of wolves? omg i went nuts!! i love that song so much!~ ahahah! i didn't think i would enjoy this drama much but im going crazy over it hehee

You meant the song that he was singing in the recording studio with Shin Young watching? I thought it's a new song.

Thanks, idazl for sharing the siggies. They're soooo cute :)

Guest purpleZ

how does anyone know that SW will have an affair? Can I get people's thoughts if SY still loves SW??? or if she's just using him to get MJ out of her mind because she's feeling uncomfortable with the fact that he's younger? Maybe that's why SW has an affair with the married lady? He realizes that she's really moved on????

I don't know...I wish someone would do a recap of the episodes. I didn't realize that that's why BK was meeting with that lady because she thought she was having an affair with her husband??

Anyways, in all honestly, I really like this drama but I tend to watch it because I love the interaction between SY and MJ. So I'll be kinda pissed if that relationship doesn't happen and she does go back to SW. He's so not worth it. To actually almost go through marrying someone else just to get back at her and to invite her to the wedding?? That is seriously wrong and I would not give him the time of day! And then there's MJ, who does so much for her in the short time he knew her. He makes her feel good!

I don't know about if SY still loves SW. I think she may still have a feeling because they were together for some time. A memory... From what I see in the preview, she's trying to avoid MJ not because she doesn't like MJ, but because like some said that because she found out about the bet or it's because she thought that it might be an unrealistic feeling towards a much younger man...

I feel the same. SW was very childish, to break up with her because she wanted to pursue her dreams. If she goes back to him, I'll be mad. I really don't see the problem with dating a younger man. MJ is quite mature for his age.

In DC, people were talking about how often SY called MJ honey (jagi). You guys noticed?

- In episode 4 when SY and MJ were listening to a recording with the headphone

- In episode 5: in the karaoke room when SY pretended to be drunk she said that she was trying to protect "jagi" (reffering MJ)

- In episode 5: after helping SY persuading the abused woman to do interview with her, SY said that jagi is really something.

- In episode 6: when MJ was playing dart, he hit the bullseye. SY was excited saying jagi is really good at it.

- In episode 6: In front of the recording studio, SY was looking for MJ. SY jokingly said jagi likes her.

It's really cute :)

I didn't think I would like this show either, but I'm totally in love with it right now because it's so cute! Especially SY and MJ!!! I really don't want her to know about the bet, but I know it will come soon and that is really bad....:( The song that MJ sings, I thought it was familiar too, but I don't know where I heard it. I guess someone said temptation of wolves...hmm...maybe...but, I can't really pinpoint where I heard it.

Hmmm....for the next episode, maybe SY did that because she thinks that she is too old to like him? I don't know if she will find out about the bet that early...I keep thinking that it will occur when they are together or something. But, I guess it could be about the bet....I'm thinking it is probably going to be another reason.

Guest purpleZ

I didn't think I would like this show either, but I'm totally in love with it right now because it's so cute! Especially SY and MJ!!! I really don't want her to know about the bet, but I know it will come soon and that is really bad....:( The song that MJ sings, I thought it was familiar too, but I don't know where I heard it. I guess someone said temptation of wolves...hmm...maybe...but, I can't really pinpoint where I heard it.

Hmmm....for the next episode, maybe SY did that because she thinks that she is too old to like him? I don't know if she will find out about the bet that early...I keep thinking that it will occur when they are together or something. But, I guess it could be about the bet....I'm thinking it is probably going to be another reason.

Welcome to TWWSWT world, kitty9! Another Shinjae / Minyoung shipper :) Too bad the truth will be revealed sooner or later.

Whatever the reason might be, I hope it won't have a too big of an impact to SY and MJ. I'm afraid when it's revealed that Sang Mi's (the married woman's) son is MJ, it's going to have some twists. But I hope it won't...

A little recap from SY-MJ scene on episode 6: After MJ left SY and went home alone after he found out about her ex, SY felt sorry. Afraid that MJ's feeling's hurt, she went to look for him in the recording studio. MJ stood behind her and gave her a shock. It's a cute conversation. It goes like this:

MJ: You came because you missed me?

SY: Yes.

MJ: I'm busy right now

SY: Did you get home well yesterday?

MJ: There's no reason why I couldn't get home

SY: Jagi, you like me, don't you? You've been avoiding me, since yesterday (not so sure about this sentence)

MJ: Tell me about it. I think I like you a lot...

SY: If you're hurt, I'm sorry. I'll buy you dinner tonight.

MJ: But I'm busy...

SY: Aigoo. Don't be like this (not sure about this sentence)... I know that you like me... (Then SY got distracted seeing her sunbae walked with the husband of the abused woman)

Will contribute more...

Guest purpleZ

The quirkiness of Shin Young :D

sy6.jpg

When she saw her ex' wedding invitation.

sy.jpg

Her trademark quote "Kkaw!"

sy1.jpg

Threatening a cop to expose his unrighteousness if he doesn't help her ;)

sy2.jpg

Doing Gga Ggong "show" to Lim Chang Jung's cameo character ;)

sy3.jpg

After stress from work, her face got distorted. LOL!

sy5.jpg

Looking for a ring inside one of the chocolates that Ban Seok, the doctor, gave her. So desperate ;)

sy4.jpg

Pretending to be drunk to have Min Jae piggy back her home to prove to her ex that she's "going out" with a hunk

sy7.jpg

Enjoying a warm butt steamer. LOL

Guest Miss_Lemon

100208 The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry preview ep 7

Oh man. What's going on? Why's SY asking MJ to do that? :o

woow

I cant waiting

hehe

thay make like crazy

When came this ep7????

Guest purpleZ

woow

I cant waiting

hehe

thay make like crazy

When came this ep7????

Miss_Lemon, episode 7 will air tomorrow February 10. I can't wait either :)

Aww ending scene was so cute in the preview!

I'm guessing she wants to get some information for her headline perhaps?

I hope so. Min Jae is just too loving. He's been a great help with her work...

Yes, the ending scene of the preview is very cute. MJ said something like this to SY: If SY wants to marry that man (I think reffering to SW), then he'll leave. Until then please stay with him. :wub:

When Ban Seok is having dinner with Da Jung, I think the bet is going to be revealed...

The episode #4 recap is up at Dramabeans.

Thanks for keeping us up to date. I enjoyed reading the recaps a lot. So it's a ballet dancer's singing that they were listening to with the headphone? I couldn't get that one. Isn't Min Jae just so sweet? He's been helping SY a lot with her work.

thank you for the caps and the link..

looking for this drama,but i think i will wait until it finished because i can't download from Megaupload..it will takes 1 day to download 1 episode..(i will buy the DVD whenthis drama out) ;)

is anyone have the mediafire link for this drama(ep 1)?

thanks in advance..

Guest purpleZ

thank you for the caps and the link..

looking for this drama,but i think i will wait until it finished because i can't download from Megaupload..it will takes 1 day to download 1 episode..(i will buy the DVD whenthis drama out) ;)

is anyone have the mediafire link for this drama(ep 1)?

thanks in advance..

Is it because your internet connection is slow that you can't download from Megaupload? I personally think that it's quite good. If you're a registered user (not paid), you can download 4 to 5 of episodes a day or even more. If you're a paid user of course, you can download unlimited files a day.

I don't know any Mediafire link though. I hope other kind soul who knows would share :)

Found a Making Of clip where Kim Bum sang live for the song "The Woman Who Cut My Guitar String". Wow, I have to say it's awesome, the way he sings live :D

[Making of ] Woman Who Still Wants To Marry

Guest purpleZ

Park Says Career Success Does Not Quench One's Thirst For Love

2010020310333395644_1.jpg

"Still, Marry Me" actors (from left to right): Park Jin-hee and Kim Bum [MBC]

"You shouldn't be like that with someone who is around your mom's age", Ban-suk (played by Choi Chul-ho) says to Min-jae (Kim Bum) upon seeing a seemingly intimate picture of him and Shin-young (played by Park Jin-hee) together. That comment Ban-suk made during preview showing of a scene shown for the press on the set of "Still, Marry Me" on February 2 may probably speak for what all viewers of the show probably feel. And like so, there are a couple of scenes in the drama that the public can relate to but some which also brings several questions to mind. Why is the story about a couple composed of woman who is older than the man and why does it focus on the topic of marriage? These questions were asked during a press conference attended by director Kim Min-sik, actress Park Jin-hee and actor Kim Bum.

Q: How does it feel to play a couple where the woman is older?

Kim Bum (Kim): I like the role but I think Park Jin-hee is tired. Yesterday's shoot wrapped up just this morning.

Park Jin-hee (Park): Other than the fact that it is physically draining, I am very happy to be shooting the drama.

Q: The expressions of affection between your two characters can be a bit too lovey-dovey at times.

Park: Really? Which scene?

Kim: There are some scenes where I cringe too but you haven't seen it all yet. (laugh)

Park: I think it's at a pretty normal level up until the fourth episode. We've been trying to anticipate how intensive it gets -- to the point where we can't wait for the script for the following episodes to come out. So it's a bit iffy when you put it that way. (laughs) What I will tell you though is that we shot a scene where we share a scarf together.

Q: What is the reaction towards you guys as a couple due to the large age gap?

Kim: People around us were worried when the pilot episode aired. And there really is quite a large age gap between us so I was worried we would really look like a couple when we stand next to each other. But people who have watched our show have told me we look better together than they expected and have encouraged me to work harder.

Park: I actually thought he would be a baby because of his actual age. I think that's why I was skeptical in a way in the beginning but Kim Bum is very mature and masculine so it's been easy shooting with him.

2010020310333395644_4.jpg2010020310333395644_5.jpg

Actress Park Jin-hee (left) and actor Kim Bum [MBC]

Q: Can you give us an example?

Park: We were talking about birthdays at one of the get-togethers off shoot and he bought me a winter supply kit. Another example is that when some of the female characters were shooting a party scene, some were revealing quite revealing clothes and he brought over blankets and a heater for them. Whenever he acts older, I ask him, "Did you lie about your age?" Unlike people from his generation, he says 'primary school' instead of 'elementary school'. (laughs)

Q: So what the meaning of this sort of relationship in "Marry"?

Kim Min-sik (Kim MS): Single women in their mid-30s probably don't trust men who are around their age or older. They probably suspect that there is something wrong with them. (laughs). And the men that seem okay are taken and so I don't think deciding to go out with a guy who is younger isn't about making an extreme decision or fulfilling a fantasy. What's important is not the fact that the woman is the older one in the relationship but that it's a decision a woman in her mid-30s, with her work and philosophy in life, has made.

Park: When I first received the synopsis, I actually told the producer that it's hard for me to relate to the story because of the big difference in age. There is a scene in the drama where Da-jung (played by Uhm Ji-won) talks about the age difference between Min-jae and Shin-young but I think Korean society has yet to become ready to accept it. However, upon shooting episodes five and six recently, I've come to realize there is an emotional part that you can't control rationally. I think it can't be helped because my character happens to fall in love with a guy who turns out to be 12 years younger. She didn't fall in love with him because he is that young.

Q: Do you think it's possible for such a relationship to work out in reality too?

Park: If the two have a connection and can converse with each other, it doesn't matter if the person is 12 years younger or older because age is merely a number. The important thing is how that relationship starts and whether you come across that opportunity to meet a younger guy. There aren't many opportunities you get to meet a younger man but if you come across that chance and both share the same feelings, I think it could be possible.

Kim: I think it's possible. Since I started working at an early age, I've mostly talked to or received advice from people who were older than me. I'm so used to that, that I feel uncomfortable when I meet people who are the same age or younger than me. I also think you can see someone regardless of nationality or race, as long as you can talk to each other.

2010020310333395644_6.jpg

Producer Kim Min-sik [MBC]

Q: Then why is the drama so lenient in creating a couple with such a big age gap but so focused on the woman getting married?

Kim MS: The title of the show is "Still, Marry Me" but it should actually be "Still, Love Me." People may think why would a successful woman need that? But no matter how successful a woman is, aren't they still thirsty for love? To find the man that they truly love?

Park: Even for me, I work hard, I'm healthy and I try to live life to the fullest but love is difficult to find. Whether is be my guy or girl friends at a get-together, we'll start out by talking about how our stocks are doing or how they got a raise for their paychecks but we'll end up talking about our first loves or dating. I think that shows how important love is as a driving force and that thirst does not get quenced despite how successful you are.

Q: Shin-young is a character that women in their 30s can relate to but male viewers may think Min-jae is annoying for being the so-called 'perfect man'. (laughs)

Kim: I don't know... I'm not the type that is conscious of what other people say or think about me but I cut off my Internet at one point because I because so exhausted both mentally and physically. I just don't want to be bothered with what others say, hindering my own judgement about my acting. Even though Min-jae is popular among female viewers, he is a person who doesn't believe in love. He grew up in that kind of surrounding and I think when he meets Shin-young is when he figures out what true love is. I hope to portray that image to the viewers during the latter half of the show.

Q: Women in their 30s will be able to relate to the drama but KBS' "The Slave Hunters" is currently the most-watched Wednesday and Thursday night show. I'm curious to know how you will make the audience watch your show instead.

Kim MS: I knew from the start that "The Slave Hunters" would not be easy competition. But scenarist Kim In-young has put in a lot of effort into the script and has endurance so we'll go with the story we agreed to show since the planning stages of the drama. There's a lot of humor in the beginning of the show but will increasingly revolve around love and end up talking about deadly love. Not the 'because of so and so' type love but the 'madly, cannot help falling in despite' type of love. That's how we are rolling for the show, with whatever the writers have prepared for us and I as the producer and the actors will try our best to deliver a story.

Reporter : Wee Geun-woo eight@10asia.co.kr

Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Archived