Superstar K Winner, Seo In Gook [서인국]

baoi

popscreen7 said: OMFG WHAT IS THIS NEWS THAT JUST DELIVERED THAT INGUK REVIEWING ANOTHER DRAMA FOR KBS2 AND THAT HE WILL REUNITE WITH LEE SUNGJAE???!!!! AM I WRONG BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND KOREAN THAT WELL.

IT FEELS LIKE 2012 ALL OVER AGAIN. Not long after Reply 1997 finished, he's back to the dramaland again, Rascal Sons, as Lee Sungjae's little brother (he's also one of the original casts of I Live Alone, and really like Ingukkie. He's the one who visited Inguk's messy apartment). If he accept this offer, he'll be back to the dramaland again in October or November or something. ASDFGHJKL.

http://m.media.daum.net/m/entertain/newsview/20140812171712211

WHAT IS THE DRAMA ABOUT, THOUGH? IS HE THE LEAD, OR NOT?!

PS. SORRY FOR THE CAPS. I CAN'T CONTAIN MY FEELS.

EDIT: IT'S A HISTORICAL DRAMA, APPARENTLY.

• Like 1

class="content-title" Director Yoo Jae Won Praises Seo In Guk and Lee Ha Na as a Couple in “High School King” jk90 August 12, 2014 0 Comments 1 Director Yoo Jae Won Praises Seo In Guk and Lee Ha Na as a Couple in “High School King”

Seo In Guk and Lee Ha Na displayed a cute romance on the tvN drama “High School King.”

Seo In Guk played Lee Min Suk, who lives a double life by attending both high school and work. His easily excited personality compliments the awkward but calm Jung Soo Young , who is played by Lee Ha Na.

On the success of their on-screen relationship, director Yoo Jae Won stated, “Seo In Guk and Lee Ha Na shared many conversations, where they came up with a lot of useful ideas for the drama. The actors’ friendship was the key. Acting with a comfortable mind made it more realistic.”

Yoo Jae Won also complimented Seo In Guk, stating, “Before the filming, he studied his character diligently.” He continued, “He’s very intelligent, so he was able to understand and pull off what direction I wanted him to go.”

“Lee Ha Na knows that when she makes a fool of herself, the viewer’s response will be good.” Yoo Jae Won continued, “She is aware of her own charms. During filming, she fixes her make-up and hair according to the situation.”

“High School King” sadly made its finale on August 11, but don’t forget to watch the special, which airs August 12!

cr soompi.com

• Like 1

I just realized that SIG has a rather strong presence in Taiwan and an official fan club website "www.wowinguk.com" has been set up for him! Jellyfish made the right move for him to make a strong presence in Taiwan. KOHS is also aired concurrently in Taiwan and has been receiving overwhelming response. I will be lurking around the website to find out more. :)

@cecilia: Thanks alot in advance!

• Like 1

i read at HSKoS facebook page the admin posted in guk's upcoming drama at kbs is the king's face starring son ye jin.

the king's face facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/KingsFaceDrama

Casting for The King's Face

Starring
Son Ye Jin (Shark)
Lee Sun Jae (Suspicious Housekeeper)
Seo In Guk (High School King, The Master's Sun)
10525392_263483083852281_525416155876197

• Like 1

cecilia said: yeah i read about it too!!Jellyfish says they will decide within this weekI dont know about In Guk in a sageuk it would be weird (cant imagine him)but it's going to be a Wed Thur night drama!! THIS IS LIKE PRIME TIME OF PRIME TIME TVand he's being casted for the character of Gwanghae!!!Did you guys watch Masquerade? If you did then you would know more about GwanghaeIt's a 20 ep drama starting to air in NovemberI'm not sure what I would prefer... sageuk is one of the hardest genres because of the way you talk and actbut since it's with Lee Sung Jae who is a veteran actor very experienced with sageuk, he would be a great mentor for In GukThe contradiction lies in the fact that there are some pretty strong rumours about In Guk releasing a full album in Septemberif that is true, then it would be a bit hard for him since he would need to start filming and preparing pretty soon and it would defintely clash with album activitiesespecially since this is a totally new genre for him, i would think needs to have some significant preparation timeHaving said that, looking at the schedule he had in 2013, i dont think it's impossibleHe's superman sersiouly... he released albums in korea and japan around the same time and was a regular on I live aloneand later in the year he managed to film a movie, a drama and release another single in japan + have a concertSo somehow he manages to juggle all these thingsI feel that a main role in a Wed Thur night drama on KBS2 is too big of an opportunity for In Guk to missAlthough it does depends if he has the rest of the year all planned out already...
@jaslynkpl my internet connection is really unreliable at the momenti'll upload it later and let you know

• Like 1

popscreen7 said: cecilia said: yeah i read about it too!!Jellyfish says they will decide within this weekI dont know about In Guk in a sageuk it would be weird (cant imagine him)but it's going to be a Wed Thur night drama!! THIS IS LIKE PRIME TIME OF PRIME TIME TVand he's being casted for the character of Gwanghae!!!Did you guys watch Masquerade? If you did then you would know more about GwanghaeIt's a 20 ep drama starting to air in NovemberI'm not sure what I would prefer... sageuk is one of the hardest genres because of the way you talk and actbut since it's with Lee Sung Jae who is a veteran actor very experienced with sageuk, he would be a great mentor for In GukThe contradiction lies in the fact that there are some pretty strong rumours about In Guk releasing a full album in Septemberif that is true, then it would be a bit hard for him since he would need to start filming and preparing pretty soon and it would defintely clash with album activitiesespecially since this is a totally new genre for him, i would think needs to have some significant preparation timeHaving said that, looking at the schedule he had in 2013, i dont think it's impossibleHe's superman sersiouly... he released albums in korea and japan around the same time and was a regular on I live aloneand later in the year he managed to film a movie, a drama and release another single in japan + have a concertSo somehow he manages to juggle all these thingsI feel that a main role in a Wed Thur night drama on KBS2 is too big of an opportunity for In Guk to missAlthough it does depends if he has the rest of the year all planned out already...
@jaslynkpl my internet connection is really unreliable at the momenti'll upload it later and let you know

• Like 1

Guest dramacf

But Face Reader is different form Masquerade right or are they sort of combining it? I watched both. Face Reader is the one with Song Kang Ho and Lee Jung Jae and is about Prince Suyang wanting to become King by whatever means while Masquerade is the one with the dual roles that Lee Byung Hyun won an award for. 

kdramafan43v3r said: But Face Reader is different form Masquerade right or are they sort of combining it? I watched both. Face Reader is the one with Song Kang Ho and Lee Jung Jae and is about Prince Suyang wanting to become King by whatever means while Masquerade is the one with the dual roles that Lee Byung Hyun won an award for. 

• Like 1

Album rumours are still just rumours... it has been some time since he's had album activities in Korea so you would think that's definitely something on his list of things to do...There's nothing to say what the drama is supposed to follow.. makes no mention of either movieBut the main chracters are King Sunjo (which they are trying to cast Lee Sung Jae with) and Gwanghaegun (In guk)The only line in the article about the drama says it's about gwanghae so if he takes it up it is a leading role
In guk just left a message on Heartrider thanking fans, together with a photo from yesterday's ep 17 screeningleave your email address if u want to see the photo, dont think i can post it publicly

• Like 1

mingmangming said: popscreen7 said: cecilia said: yeah i read about it too!!Jellyfish says they will decide within this weekI dont know about In Guk in a sageuk it would be weird (cant imagine him)but it's going to be a Wed Thur night drama!! THIS IS LIKE PRIME TIME OF PRIME TIME TVand he's being casted for the character of Gwanghae!!!Did you guys watch Masquerade? If you did then you would know more about GwanghaeIt's a 20 ep drama starting to air in NovemberI'm not sure what I would prefer... sageuk is one of the hardest genres because of the way you talk and actbut since it's with Lee Sung Jae who is a veteran actor very experienced with sageuk, he would be a great mentor for In GukThe contradiction lies in the fact that there are some pretty strong rumours about In Guk releasing a full album in Septemberif that is true, then it would be a bit hard for him since he would need to start filming and preparing pretty soon and it would defintely clash with album activitiesespecially since this is a totally new genre for him, i would think needs to have some significant preparation timeHaving said that, looking at the schedule he had in 2013, i dont think it's impossibleHe's superman sersiouly... he released albums in korea and japan around the same time and was a regular on I live aloneand later in the year he managed to film a movie, a drama and release another single in japan + have a concertSo somehow he manages to juggle all these thingsI feel that a main role in a Wed Thur night drama on KBS2 is too big of an opportunity for In Guk to missAlthough it does depends if he has the rest of the year all planned out already...

• Like 1

cecilia said: Haha so theres a soompi thread for inguk (of course there is haha) In the last few weeks ive been breathing seo in guk lol....so much to watch and listen to Ive also noticed that there doesnt seem to be an english SIG fanbase? Point me to it if it exists...ive joined heartrider (just the naver cafe) and became a member there so i can see all the posts there now..i dont think i would pay the 20000won to join the official fan club coz i dont see myself going to korea so not really worth it...(theyre not accepting members at the moment anyhow) alot of material comes out of dc...if u can understand some korea to navigate at least u can catch vids and pix I got the audio recording from last night's event in the cinema...so i actually heard him answer the questions (when i did the translation it was just from ppl's posts)...the real thing is far funnier haha When he read out the question about whether SY and MS have plans for children, his first reaction was, who wrote this! Then he said, with MS' personality, SY will have to start majoring in sports LOL i nearly died when i heard it Anyway in the last few weeks ive watched reply 1997, no breathing, bits and pieces of rascal sons (still downloading) and only 2 eps of master's sun on mute.. i really want to watch masters sun but i avoided it last yr bwcause i hate anything to do with ghosts...just cant watch it :(Also been watching alot of variety shows..there are so many!!!!!*dies*

• Like 1

Guest dramacf

I just realized SIG attended Pirates premiere. Pirates stars Son Ye Jin. She's rumored to be cast in King's Face. SIG offered to do King's Face. See the coincidence here? Maybe I'm just over thinking it. Say I'm not the only one...

Woah that's very curious. It's either his activities really foreshadow his career path as mentioned in this forum. Or the producers invited him to attend it so that he can check out the work of the actress or it's pure coincidence. :D

I think he went to premiere because of other people - the guy who plays director han in KOHS and also park chul min (thats what he said in a vid) but haha never know if there is other interaction haha

• Like 1

Seo In-gook courted to headline King’s Faceby girlfriday | August 12, 2014 | 9 Comments

SeoInGook3.jpg

I’m not surprised in the least that drama producers are chomping at the bit to get Seo In-gook locked down for his next project the second that High School King of Savvy is in his rearview mirror. He’s having his moment, and it’s well-deserved. Next up for the actor might be the fusion sageuk The King’s Face, the drama adaptation of The Face Reader that’s headed to KBS this fall. It’s currently courting Sohn Ye-jin, and now Seo In-gook has been offered the lead role as Prince Gwanghae.

The movie was set in a different time and focused on a face-reading fortuneteller (Song Kang-ho) who clashed with Prince Suyang (Lee Jung-jae) as he mounted his coup. The drama version will be centered around Prince Gwanghae over a century later, and tell the story of how a face reader helps to shape his fate as a future king. Lee Sung-jae (Suspicious Housekeeper, Gu Family Book) is being courted to star alongside him as his father, King Seonjo. I guess fall’s drama trend is going to be royal father-and-son pairings? This one is a reunion as well — Seo In-gook and Lee Sung-jae played brothers in the weekend family drama Rascal Sons.

Perhaps the fact that they once played brothers will help me wrap my brain around their relationship in The King’s Face, because in this story, father and son become love rivals for the same woman. UH… I’m trying to find a non-squicky version of that love triangle in my head and I’m coming up empty. It’s described as an antagonistic relationship that tragically pits father and son against each other as rivals in both politics and love. And of course to make matters even more complicated, the face reader will also love her.

Gwanghae is a popular figure in movies and television alike — he’s born the son of a concubine in a politically unstable time and rules the country in place of a weak father and legitimate brothers. I like the idea of seeing the younger portrayal of his days as the illegitimate prince, and as we’ve already seen, Seo In-gook has a particular knack for playing a wide age range from youth to adulthood with equal believability.

Writing is Lee Hyang-hee of War of Money, and directing is PD Yoon Sung-shik of Gaksital and Story of a Man. Dude, if Seo In-gook signs on to star and PD Yoon brings his A-game, I’m sold.

The King’s Face follows Iron Man on Wednesdays and Thursdays in November.

LeeSungJae1.jpg

Via Star News

cr dramabeans

• Like 1

THAT HUMOR! That very very smart humor is really what makes me FANGIRL SO MUCH! He is so intelligent and charming! He always comes back from awkward questions with smart, funny, and charming retorts. In nearly all his interviews, he makes the interviewer or the audience laugh and he always seems to have good relationships with his colleagues.

Also, not enough English subs for his interviews! I make it a point to subscribe to awesome channels by his fans but there are very few subs :( It's his interviews that convinced me to take basic hangeul lessons TT

My favorite vids of him also include that one with Jay Park on Mnet and for variety------ hah! I love his take on ramyun coated with egg. I still do that when I'm hungry. LOL

So far ive watched most of the i live alone eps, the 2 mamma mia eps, both happy together eps, running man, all the taxi eps, all of the radio star eps, GO show, 1 of the 1vs100, and some other randoms like dream team, vitamin, the safety crisis one and a bunch of others i cant remember the name of...good thing i found a comprehensive list of stuff hes been on but the list is so long i dont kjow when ill get through it (and if i can find sources for them all)

For me the highlight so far was the GO show which he appeared on with eunji - really funny how he was acting out a scene with go hyun jung, and some of the stuff about how he acts on the set of reply 1997. Eunji talks about excessive skinship from him and how he goes about asking girls to date him playfully. He explains its because he doesnt like to feel awkward and says/does things like that to create laughs. I dont know if its been subbed but it was so entertaining and funny

also really liked mamma mia....im sure u guys would have seen the stuff with kyuhyun...but i keep watching it and it cracks me up...and also when he is he special mc and all the girls are all over him haha so funny

• Like 1

Guest traci825

Hello everyone
Thanks @cecilia for the tidbits of translated information I don't think would be found anywhere else.  I really like SIG during his superstar K days, loved the interaction between the contestants even though I did not understand a thing they are saying.  I watched it on the mnet website, they have a SIG page and a program tab that has all his appearences on Mnet as well as superstar k. Not sure if anyone else has seen this,  below link is called Neverending story and it follows SIG and other top 10 after he won.  Looks like lots of interest stuff, if only I knew what they are talking about, but still fun a fun watch
 http://mwave.interest.me/program/program_view.m?searchProgramVO.program_id=405

Wahh! That's a comprehensive list! I feel like you've taken on nearly all of the vids I tried to analyze all these years! :)) Mamma Mia was most definitely epic. When he did that martial arts thing and even acted as a girl =)) Seriously! =))
Do you watch most of his promotional interviews and fan cams too? The most I can do is stalk the Youtube channels of his fans and hope I land on something with subs. Either way, I'm most happy when I watch him in fancams :)) He's consistent! In everything! Even in fancams!

• Like 1