[Drama 2010] Life is Beautiful 인생은 아름다워

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ilukd77

@ Masaya ....

you just cracked me up .... behind a successful man is another man .. hahaha .. :D .... whoever you're ..you're just awesome ... i love you more than KyungTae couple ... :)

Guest harumi_chikamatsu

^ please tell us where you found those pictures. That's  one awesome news : )

The pics are from episode 39 :)

They're not wedding pics for real.

Guest Masaya

mut_dua, they're ep 39 caps. :P

More ep 39 caps,

Chapter one: The morning after (Taesub version)

lib3901.jpg

Taesub: Honey, wake up and smell the coffee!

Kyungsoo: Good morning sunshine!

lib3902.jpg

Taesub: So how's my skill?

Kyungsoo (slurps)

lib3903.jpg

Taesub: How's my skill?

Kyungsoo: Mmmm....

lib3904.jpg

Kyungsoo: Oh honey, this is delicious. I've never had eggs this good. Best in the whole universe.

lib3905.jpg

Taesub: You sweet talker you!

lib3906.jpg

Taesub: Here you can have my share.

lib3907.jpg

(Handing over with lots of love. *hearts*)

lib3908.jpg

Chapter two: Love Songs Titles

(Right here waiting)

lib3910.jpg

Kyungsoo: You are so beautiful.

Taesub: Baby, I love your way.

lib3911.jpg

Taesub: Nothing gonna stop us now.

lib3912.jpg

Kyungsoo: I swear. I'll never break your heart.

lib3913.jpg

Kyungsoo: Dear heart...

lib3914.jpg

Kyungsoo: I do cherish you.

Taesub: I could not ask for more.

lib3915.jpg

Guest harumi_chikamatsu

Few screencaps from #39.

39001.jpg

Collarbones ♥

39002.jpg

One of the best things in Song Chang Ui's acting is his eyes.

39003.jpg

39004.jpg

39005.jpg

This drama is messing with my feelings :tears: I'm so depressed whenever I watch the kyungtae couple :( They used to be so happy together, now they're always depressed and I am too :tears:

I can't stop thinking about what's happening in episode 40 but we still have 6 more days until episode 40 comes out :tears:

Man!!!! I love the KyungTae "couple portrait" tooo cute.

I notice the blue & white stripe shirt Tae-Sub wore in episode 38 while talking to KS's mother is the same one Park Shi Hoo wore in Prosecutor Princess.

I can't wait for nexxxxt weeekkkkk... this couple makes me sooo excited and all giddy ... love them. =)

I watch some gay-theme movie before this series, such as Flower Frozen, Permanent Resident, etc...The first movie gay couple I know is Lanyu and his mate but then the tragic ending makes me doesn't favor them. (Poor Lanyu) The rest are all tragedy, like the king and his general in Flower Frozen. I like something sweet and romance, not tragedy. I do enjoy obstacles from their lives cause it's drama. However, what I expect at the end is a happy ending.

Wii me be warned again of replying this subject? haha

Lan Yu is my very-love movie! I cried much for the ending which they were gonna happy but....

you know? Lan Yu was a real person. The novel writer took the story from the real Hang Don

that made me cry more T_T

I've watched A frozen flower and permanent resident also, it seems like movies you watch are all tragedy??

try some with happy ending(like KS&TS hahaha)

The "TaeKyung" pose

The "KyungTae" pose

Conclusion:  Behind a successful man is another man.

what do you mean by these???!!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha I can't stop laughing

Taesub:  So how's my skill?

Kyungsoo (slurps)

Taesub:  How's my skill?

Kyungsoo:  Mmmm....

I'm having cereal and I'm choke with TS's "how's my skill?"!!!!

then, it's a cooking skill haha Ok Ok

I LOL when KS eats the fried egg with just one bite and I decide to try hahahahahaha

let's see can I do it!!

Guest Masaya

@Masaya .... you're damn genius ... Hahaha ... :rolleyes:

As long as you like it... ;)

This drama is messing with my feelings :tears: I'm so depressed whenever I watch the kyungtae couple :( They used to be so happy together, now they're always depressed and I am too :tears:

I can't stop thinking about what's happening in episode 40 but we still have 6 more days until episode 40 comes out :tears:

They're still pretty happy. Kyungsoo has to show his vulnerability sometimes. The guy bottles up a lot of feelings. Things aren't so severe so far. I like the fact that they're getting strong. The preview shows that Taesub starts wearing his ring in the hospital and even took a picture to show Kyungsoo (but is caught by a co-worker. :lol: ) The wall for Kyungsoo to climb is his family. The wall for Taesub to climb is himself. They all have work to do and it's the process that we like to see. It's all good.

I'm having cereal and I'm choke with TS's "how's my skill?"!!!!

then, it's a cooking skill haha Ok Ok

I LOL when KS eats the fried egg with just one bite and I decide to try hahahahahaha

let's see can I do it!!

You see KS is still the initiator and TS is still pretty shy so if that is the question would be KS's in that, not TS's. :P

translation of Ep.40 preview by deprofundiss353@Youtube

A female colleague of T's: "[Your girlfriend] is not Dr. Chaeyoung Yu, right? Some people were suspecting you might be gay…"

KS's Mom says to TS's dad : I'm jealous of you who can [embrace T] like that."

looks like there gonna be good news and bad news!

KS's mom seems to give up?

I really worry about TS's colleague T_T. This must be the big problem for them as same as KS family problem

TS just wears the ring for the first day and he gets comment

if that is the question would be KS's in that, not TS's.  :P

I think so and I can't bare if they change positions T_T

I've watched Ep.39 and think of the song Best in me by Blue which I think is compatible with the scene and their love story

39004bestinme.jpg

They're still pretty happy. Kyungsoo has to show his vulnerability sometimes. The guy bottles up a lot of feelings. Things aren't so severe so far. I like the fact that they're getting strong. The preview shows that Taesub starts wearing his ring in the hospital and even took a picture to show Kyungsoo (but is caught by a co-worker. :lol: ) The wall for Kyungsoo to climb is his family. The wall for Taesub to climb is himself. They all have work to do and it's the process that we like to see. It's all good.

I guess they are "pretty happy" but I miss the happy lovey dovey couple that I had seen in earlier episodes :( I want them to be happy but I guess if they're TOO happy, the drama would get boring. However, Episode 39 had soo much parts to cry. :tears: I wanted to cry at the part of Kyungsoo's confession part. And then I also wanted to cry when they were taking pictures because that made me realize that it's only a drama and how pathetic I am for being so sad about them. -___-;; About the preview, when he is caught by the co-worker and suspecting him to be gay, Taesub is gonna get so much crap from his fellow employees if they found out, which made me sad again. (What if he gets fired?!?!?!) Gosh I am such a wreck and need to get a life outside of Korean dramas LOL!

Sat-Sun = Life is Beautiful

Mon-Tues = Dong Yi

Wed-Fri = bored out of my mind

On a side note, Life is Beautiful made me exercise much more often now hahaha. I always watch LiB while I'm on the treadmill :D

Guest Masaya

The emphasis of ep 39 in term of KyungTae couple is Taesub's courage. He's leaving his comfort zone to go into the wilderness to protect his beloved man. There is time when Kyungsoo falls down in the dirt and needs to lean on Taesub. Taesub comforted Kyungsoo and I think he came to terms with himself. He will start wearing his ring which is a sign of stepping up to the plate and faces the storm no matter where it takes them. For him maybe it's the first risky decision. Not only that he wanted to take couple portraits which shows a sense of pride in his relationship with Kyungsoo. The message is he will be together with Kyungsoo no matter what. If they're going down, they're going down together... till death do us part.

Here are some 720 caps

If I am to cap this I would say,

(Kyungsoo: Why a bag of rotten potatoes? I'm too hot to be a bag of rotten potatoes. That is just wrong.) but let me just shut up and let me immerse myself in the dramatic mood. Kyungsoo's tear is pretty heart breaking.

lib39hq02.jpg

Taesub: Let's just love each other…until our deaths…like there's no tomorrow…to show that ours, too, is love. Let's be together—like conjoined twins…till we die."

(credit to deprofundiss353@Youtube for translation. The original translation is "...let's love each other like conjoined twins..." Maybe I don't understand the significance so I didn't find it romantic so I changed it to suit my purpose. ^^; )

lib39hq01.jpg

Jeju He and He Fall Collection

lib39hq04.jpg

Couple poses again

lib39hq05.jpg

lib39hq06.jpg

lib39hq07.jpg

I guess they are "pretty happy" but I miss the happy lovey dovey couple that I had seen in earlier episodes :( I want them to be happy but I guess if they're TOO happy, the drama would get boring. However, Episode 39 had soo much parts to cry. :tears: I wanted to cry at the part of Kyungsoo's confession part. And then I also wanted to cry when they were taking pictures because that made me realize that it's only a drama and how pathetic I am for being so sad about them. -___-;; About the preview, when he is caught by the co-worker and suspecting him to be gay, Taesub is gonna get so much crap from his fellow employees if they found out, which made me sad again. (What if he gets fired?!?!?!) Gosh I am such a wreck and need to get a life outside of Korean dramas LOL!

Sat-Sun = Life is Beautiful

Mon-Tues = Dong Yi

Wed-Fri = bored out of my mind

On a side note, Life is Beautiful made me exercise much more often now hahaha. I always watch LiB while I'm on the treadmill :D

Taesub can always open a clinic or something if he gets fire. ^^ I'm glad this is a weekend drama 'cause it's something to look forward to (but then I neglect to cut my grass.) :lol: This is the only drama I'm watching right now.

I thought the weekday dramas would be air five days a week in Korea but it turns out each show only air 2 episodes per week. So, I am glad that this drama is on weekend because I can enjoy my days off after five days of working.

For the couple pictures, are they supposed to be their "wedding" photos? For which reasons that the couple decided to have official photos together like this?

I thought the weekday dramas would be air five days a week in Korea but it turns out each show only air 2 episodes per week. So, I am glad that this drama is on weekend because I can enjoy my days off after five days of working.

For the couple pictures, are they supposed to be their "wedding" photos? For which reasons that the couple decided to have official photos together like this?

It was a surprise event planned by Taesub haha

Guest blackhawk

Actor Song Chang-ui finds empathy in homosexual role

When asked if his opinion of homosexuality was changed by his role in the drama, Song hesitated for a moment.

"That's a difficult and important question, but I don't think my thinking has changed. It's just that I'm more familiar with it," the actor said.........."

source: Korea Times

I wonder what was/is his opinion about homosexual since it has not changed.

Guest harumi_chikamatsu

I wonder what was/is his opinion about homosexual since it has not changed.

I think the fact that he took that role in the first place tells a lot (this is Korea after all). Playing a gay character is not challenging only for an actor but also for the Korean audience. Song Chang Ui seems to be quite open-minded. To quote his interview with 10Asia:

10: What came to mind when you first received the offer for the role of Tae-sup?

Song: Director Jeong Eul-yeong offered me the role and at the same time explaining that my character would be a homosexual. I had many thoughts about the role but the first thought that came to mind was, 'Why did they create this character?' then, 'Will I be able to pull this off?' and finally, 'Is it right to play this role?' However, I thought about how not many actors could pull off this role and decided to play the role thinking it will be an unforgettable production.

10: I think you must've felt a different type of pressure taking on the role even though you had played the role of a transgender before through the musical "Hedwig And The Angry Inch?”

Song: Yes, Hedwig is completely different from Tae-sup. Hedwig is such a strong character, his life is full of ups and downs and one-of-a-kind, while Tae-sup is just a regular guy who is normal except that he likes men, so instead of 'normal' he fits the category of 'not-the-typical' person in our society.

10: You had played characters with relatively constrained personalities in dramas "Golden Bride", "Cinderella Man", and are doing so again now in "Life is Beautiful", but you showed a completely different side to you through musical "Hedwig".

Song: That's why there were people who said they were surprised after seeing me in "Hedwig". I think all forms of performances are great but I think there are few like "Hedwig" where you can just let go and give everything you've got. I don't think a man dressing as a woman and acting as a transgender makes them look like a fool. I enjoy being in the situation where everyone is looking at me, I can open up myself completely and make the audience laugh and cry. They have the ability to absorb however much energy I let out so I used to feel bad if I thought I hadn't done enough. And then when I'm singing the last song "Midnight Radio", I'd go easy, telling myself that I've been sprinting up till then so I should take a break. When the encore performances starts, that's when both the audience and I just go crazy. The moment the drums start rolling, so do we.

10: Right now it seems you're the ace of "Life is Beautiful" (laugh) What is the single value that you have held onto till now and would want to continue to have throughout your acting career?

Song: I hope I don't lose the feeling that I want to 'keep acting'. I feel extremely happy and blessed to be living as an actor so I hope it never becomes tough or tiring. I want to live as an actor who continues to know how to have fun on stage and enjoy people's attention and criticism, whether it be good or bad. It's like that with "Life is Beautiful" in particular. There are people who enjoy it and some who are still more reluctant to accept the topic of homosexuality but I think I should be thankful for all the attention since I believe that is what helps me improve on my acting.

Full interview @ HanCinema - part1, part2

I really worry about TS's colleague T_T. This must be the big problem for them as same as KS family problem

TS just wears the ring for the first day and he gets comment

My first thought was "what kind of person says such things", when the colleague said "Some people were suspecting you might be gay..."

The wall for Taesub to climb is himself.

I am really tempted to say that Taesub should should climb the Kyungsoo mountain... :phew:

Again, cheers for the wonderful screencaps Masaya!

I know you have a life and everything but I would really be curious to see what your take is on the other relationships in the drama - not that I expect regular updates such as we get on TK but I wanna see some examples of what your mind can get up to...particularly with regards to Uncle OCD and Crazy Laughing Lady (I love this pairing)! :ph34r:

Guest Masaya

I am really tempted to say that Taesub should should climb the Kyungsoo mountain... :phew:

haha... you naughty you. :lol:

Again, cheers for the wonderful screencaps Masaya!

I know you have a life and everything but I would really be curious to see what your take is on the other relationships in the drama - not that I expect regular updates such as we get on TK but I wanna see some examples of what your mind can get up to...particularly with regards to Uncle OCD and Crazy Laughing Lady (I love this pairing)! :ph34r:

Dude, how did you figure out that I don't have a life? :lol: I like Uncle OCD as well but then I got lazy and didn't do caps on them. I will do try to do caps on them. (Right now I'm going back and downloading 720 version so maybe I'll put up some HQ caps later. I still have 2 MVs mid way done that I don't know if I should finish since I saw too many cools MVs out there already.)

There was a scene from ep 33 I think where Uncle Jun confessed to his brother that he broke his abstinence. :lol: His brother told him to leave the monastery. :lol: Uncle Jun is too cute. I can relate with Uncle Jun a lot, his OCD, his eccentricity, his way of life and feel his frustrating of having to clean after someone else. I also like how he's so open minded about KyungTae. I would be happy to see him as the witness to KyungTae wedding. (*cross fingers*)

Archived