[Drama 2010] Life is Beautiful 인생은 아름다워

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody know how the ratings were this weekend??

Ratings for this series steadily rising.

Episode ratings for SBS drama Life is Beautiful

Date Episode Nationwide Seoul

2010-03-20 1 12.3 (10th) 12.5 (9th)

2010-03-21 2 12.6 (10th) 12.2 (10th)

2010-03-27 3 14.3 (7th) 15.1 (7th)

2010-03-28 4 14.8 (7th) 15.2 (7th)

2010-04-03 5 15.2 (5th) 15.6 (3rd)

2010-04-04 6 16.0 (4th) 17.2 (3rd)

2010-04-10 7 17.9 (4th) 19.0 (4th)

2010-04-11 8 16.9 (4th) 17.6 (4th)

2010-04-17 9 15.7 (3rd) 16.8 (3rd)

2010-04-18 10 16.4 (3rd) 17.6 (3rd)

2010-04-24 11 17.3 (4th) 18.1 (4th)

2010-04-25 12 17.9 (3rd) 18.9 (3rd)

2010-05-01 13 17.5 (3rd) 19.2 (3rd)

2010-05-02 14 17.9 (4th) 18.6 (4th)

2010-05-08 15 17.2 (3rd) 17.9 (3rd)

2010-05-09 16 18.5 (4th) 19.3 (4th)

I really like this series... but am not yet addicted to it.

Most of the ladies are able to act cute.

Nam Gyu Ri as Yang Cho Rong is still "off" as an actress... but I love her voice and singing scenes.

The two "Japanese" ladies are both beautiful and cute.

Chae Young is beautiful and cute. I was more impressed with Yoo Min's character in IRIS.

I like Yoo Min as an actress... but I'm not sure if I like the Chae Young character.

Chae Young's older sister... the resort President and daughter of the chairman is very cute.

I like the way the actress plays the character.

That laugh would be annoying in real life... but is strangely cute in the drama.

Her messy habits is the same... annoying, but cute.

The actress' portrayal of the character seems to have great depth.

Kim Hae Sook as Kim Min Jae is captivating as in all her non-b**ch roles.

I love her and her Kim Min Jae character.

Nam Sang Mi as Boo Yeon Joo is lovely and fun to watch.

Woo Hee Jin as Yang Ji Hye is lovely and cute.

I don't really like Ji Hye's nagging and controlling character... but Woo Hee Jin makes her so cute. :)

Jo Mi Ryung as Yang Soo Ja is so cute.

I've liked Jo Mi Ryung since "Pure 19".

I'm not sure if another actress would have been able to make Soo Ja so cute... and NOT annoying.

My head tells me that Soo Ja is not likeable... but Jo Mi Ryung make Yang Soo Ja too cute to dislike. :)

I like the "trademark" trip-n-fall at the end of each episode. :D

I look forward to it each episode... but it somehow always takes me by surprise. :)

The "gay" couple are good actors... but I don't think they know much about being gay.

Their "intimate" scenes seems so awkward.

I live in the Bay area where gay people tend to be more open.

I have at least a half-dozen openly gay friends.

Their "intimate" behavior don't make me feel like cringing like when I see the Tae Sub/Kyung Soo scenes.

NOTE: As you probably notice. I like the "cute" in this drama.

Guest antinh85

Before Yeon Joo goes home, Ho Sub asks her if he has done something wrong. She seems to be upset whenever he brings up that she's waiting for someone. He didn't mean to mention him. She asks him to go out for a drink. She thinks Ho Sub thinks she's weird but it doesn't matter. She confides in Ho Sub that she is no longer waiting (for the guy who studies in France). She didn't send him off at the airport when he left because she was afraid of his family (don't know why). He asked her to wait for him. She believed him. Naively, she waited. She doesn't have his address and phone number. That same year, both her parents past away together. [she was able to use the insurance money to go to college] Two months ago, she decided to move in with her grandmother. When she wakes up sometimes, she still cries.

Hearing all this makes Ho Sub so sad for her. The hyung who works for the family says he should be happy that the France guy is no longer in the picture. Ho Sub wonders what type of guy he is and says he would hit the France guy if he is in the same room. He can sense that she is still very sad so hesitates to pursue her ... "I must really like her" he tells the hyung. OMG!!!!!

Thank you for for your summary. We alwasys waited for your summaries. THe subs dont come out soon enough. lolz

I feel that there is a big chance the "France" guy will come back into the picture when our favorite couple finally get together. But it's so odd why he would ask her to wait for him and yet she has no contact with him. WTH? lolz

Honeslty i find this series so draggy. All the characters are likeable but the story does not need to be this slow. I think 20 or 30 eps would do it justice. Why must they stretch it to 50? It feels so long when there isn't much story to it. The two main couple does not even have alot of screen time. I feel like the story is mostly about the other family members.

Anyways i'll keep watching for Nam Sang Mi.

^

I dont' think Nam Sang Mi and Lee Sang Yoon are the main characters in this drama lolz

It is a bit draggy because the elders get more screen time, but Kim Su Hyun dramas(i love her works) are famous for being mostly about family themes.

Hopefully we'll be able to see more couple scenes though:)

Would someone recap TS/KS storyline this week? Episodes 15 and 16?

Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KRNOlleh

This youtuber posts taesub and kyungsoo cuts for each episodes:)

Hope this helps in some way

Guest jobogae

Thank you for for your summary. We alwasys waited for your summaries. THe subs dont come out soon enough. lolz

I feel that there is a big chance the "France" guy will come back into the picture when our favorite couple finally get together. But it's so odd why he would ask her to wait for him and yet she has no contact with him. WTH? lolz

Honeslty i find this series so draggy. All the characters are likeable but the story does not need to be this slow. I think 20 or 30 eps would do it justice. Why must they stretch it to 50? It feels so long when there isn't much story to it. The two main couple does not even have alot of screen time. I feel like the story is mostly about the other family members.

Anyways i'll keep watching for Nam Sang Mi.

You're welcome. I'm sure once the translations come out they would be more accurate than my rough translation :P . I know what you mean. This drama is slow but the characters are growing on me though. I find the 2 uncles to be the entertaining points of the drama. I am not impressed by the father's performance. Sometimes I skip over the gay couples scenes too. I think it's slow because that's just the writer's style. There is no villain so we're left with really no one to root for or hate hahaha :lol: .

I have a feeling that the France guy will show up in future episodes too. I hope the reason for his absence in her life isn't some sort of tragedy. Like in 'An Affair to Remember', he became crippled and too ashamed to reach out to her. It also happened just less than a year ago.

I don't know if anyone caught this but they programmed a really sexy ring tone in Tae Sub's cell phone (Samsung ring tone "Deja Vu" - I have a Samsung phone LOL) - I just giggled hehee ... basic recap of Tae Sub and Kyung Soo in episode 16 - Kyung Soo is having problems at home. His ex-wife doesn't want to see him and wants to send their kid to school abroad. Tae Sub is trying to find a place in the city not too far from Kyung Soo. Kyung Soo wanted them to be roomies but Tae Sub says he needs to study so it's better that he lives alone. Plus he is not ready to come out of the closet.

Guest YukLeung

So sweet scene~~it makes our life more beautiful :P ~~

http://i39.tinypic.com/2z80vib.gif

FM Korea drama forum and SWW

Yes, yes...indeed very beautiful!! Unfortunately, the director hid this hot scene behind wall. <_< I look forward to their scenes every weekend. Poor KS, he's having a difficult time. T_____T

Guest kategl

Lemon Squeezy: Thanks for the You-Tube channel info. Unfortunately, I only understand English, and wait patiently for the episodes to be subtitled.

Jobogae: Thanks for the recap. I thought Kyung Soo's mother was still pressuring him to date and marry another woman. I never thought they were discussing his ex-wife and child. The writers could really explore the possiblities of Kyung Soo wanting to see his child and not being allowed. Also, they could explore how his child deals with his relationship with Tae-Sub.

Shiuan: Thanks for the extended preview for episode 17. OMG, Kyung Soo knows and she's on a mission. Tae Sub's secret will soon be found out. I think Kyung Soo will protect him for as long as he can. I think Tae Sub will have to step up and admit the truth. If not, then it may cause conflict between himself and Kyung Soo.

I see some heart-wrenching material coming soon.

Guest harumi_chikamatsu

Does anyone have a download link for SeSang version of the episode 8? Megaupload, Rapidshare.. anything is fine except Clubbox.

Guest mily2

Withs2 is doing our best w/ the subs w/ the drama.. but we do need some help.. We are looking for Korean Translators, timers & editors to help us catch up w/ this difficult series.. Do lend us a helping hand.. Tons of thanks in advance.. please email us at withs2team@gmail.com if you guys can help :)

Archived