[Drama 2010] Life is Beautiful 인생은 아름다워

Guest yeohweping

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest eucharis

TNS

ep 5 nationalwide 15.2 (5th) Seoul 15.6 (3rd)

ep 6 nationalwide16.0 (4th) Seoul 17.2 (3rd)

cr: viiki

Guest yeohweping

Please take note

As I'm helping out with the translations of some of the eps with my Withs2 family for this series.

I can tell everyone that it's not only twice as hard as a normal drama but four to five times harder than our previous projects.

There are 1,300 lines of dialogues for ep.1 while there will be around 2,000 lines or over for ep.2 which our korean translators are currently editing.

Each ep.LIB translations have already over-shot the amount of words that can be posted within a page and need at least 1 and a half page at least for each translations.

What makes it even harder is that the drama doesn't just speaks the 'Normal Korean' that we often seen in other trendy, family dramas as they even add "Jeju dialect" which is like a language of it's own, saguk languages for poems and iditoms ref., Japanese, history ref., etc..

So it will be highly appreciated if no one whines or ask for subs as this is a really hard project.

And of course, your way of thanking the subbing group is not to post/steam our subs for this series at any steaming sites. And helping us by taking down/prevent any site from steaming our subs.

Guest jobogae

Does anyone else notice that Song Chang Eui puts this "hands on his hips" stance whenever he is around Lee Sang Woo. You can also see this in episode 7 preview. I find it cute hahaha ... in the drama thus far, his character only smiles around Kyung Soo.

19245052.jpg

I'd have to confess that I've jumped around parts of the family drama and skipped straight to the love stories. I thought it was too dragging. I still don't get why the father is so supportive of the grandfather. The two uncles are trying to understand the same. Maybe he is more traditional and understanding of the polygamist culture in Jeju Island?

I'm happy to see that the ratings are doing well. Makes me happy to see more of Nam Sang Mi - 50 episodes! What a huge commitment. Thanks for all the uploads!

Guest YukLeung

Does anyone else notice that Song Chang Eui puts this "hands on his hips" stance whenever he is around Lee Sang Woo. You can also see this in episode 7 preview. I find it cute hahaha ... in the drama thus far, his character only smiles around Kyung Soo.

http://img340.imageshack.us/i/19245052.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7615/19245052.jpg

I'd have to confess that I've jumped around parts of the family drama and skipped straight to the love stories. I thought it was too dragging. I still don't get why the father is so supportive of the grandfather. The two uncles are trying to understand the same. Maybe he is more traditional and understanding of the polygamist culture in Jeju Island?

I'm happy to see that the ratings are doing well. Makes me happy to see more of Nam Sang Mi - 50 episodes! What a huge commitment. Thanks for all the uploads!

You have great eyes! I agree, it is cute...:lol: Of course TS only smiles at the present of KS, I mean......who wouldn't?? ^_^

Guest yeohweping

[REVIEW] TV series "Beautiful Life" - Premiere episode

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.ht...040515200804913

2010040515200804913_1.jpg

"Beautiful Life" - First and second episode (SBS TV, Saturday/Sunday evenings 10 P.M.)

A family drama may be considered good depending on how many concerns and conflicts it shows existent within that family, not just because it depicts on adultery or the relationship between the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law. In that regard, the premiere episode of new TV series "Beautiful Life" by Kim Soo-hyun lived up to her reputation [as "the best writer" in Korea].

Each character in the show emerges expertly as every family member throws in a remark at an incident where mother-in-law (played by Kim Yong-lim) gets angry saying she waited 40 minutes at the airport and the daughter-in-law (played by Kim Hae-sook) is upset as she was only 14 minutes late. And the depth of Kim's insight on human nature is revealed when the adulterous husband (played by Choi Jung-hoon), who left home thirty years ago, announces that he will be moving back in, to which his wife reacts by cutting herself off from the world and resisting by not wearing her hearing aid.

More than anything, instead of dealing with the topic of gay romance as a subject of humor, her audacity in presenting a gay couple -- the oldest son Tae-sup (played by Song Chang-eui) and divorced man Kyung-soo (played by Lee Sang-woo) -- and placing their realistic issues right in the face of a weekend family drama, the most conservative genre in television, is almost exhilarating.

The viewer may also find themselves looking forward to watching how acutely the members of this heterosexual family, whom many viewers will project themselves upon, will clash over the issue surrounding character Min-jae who got divorced and remarried many years ago but still feels insecure about not being the biological mother of Tae-sup. One may actually agree or disagree to people describing writer Kim Soo-hyun as "the best writer." There are many other television drama writers who have recorded high viewership ratings. But when it comes to approaching various contemporary family issues in Korean households through the most innovative viewpoint, there is no one, in the past nor the present, who could equal this veteran 68-year-old writer.

Guest Shiuan

Hey, this isnt from episode 5/6 right? will he give the flower to TaeSeob?

Hi, I guess it will appear ep7~ and maybe he gived the flower to Tae Seob's family. :P

Guest antinh85

The japanese girlfriend is getting rather annoying. I bet she'll appear more on as we are getting closer to real conflict. lolz

Our gay couple is just too good looking. Wonder if they'll actually kiss in this series. hahha...

Archived