❤️Kim Soo Hyun ❤️ 김수현❤️

swingbaby

*** 'Queen of Tears' revealed its impressive OST lineup. The OST includes contributions from Seventeen's unit BSS, 10CM, Heize, Crush, and Kim Na Young, among others. The lineup also boasts names like Paul Kim, Choi Yu Lee, Hong Isaac, So Soo Bin, and Dori. Wahhh..... look at that lineup!! We can anticipate a weekly release of OST tracks on various online music platforms, with BSS' "I Keep Smiling" slated to kick off the series on March 10 KST. This is going to be good. BTW, I love this poster (below). Kim Soo Hyun is just sitting on the left all awkward - hahaha -   :Megalol:

1709689418-queen-of-tears-poster-05.jpg

1709688753-queen-of-tears-ost.jpeg

Kim Soo-hyun, Kim Ji-won to portray complexities of marriage in 'Queen of Tears'

5d372bff-d4d7-4eb6-91eb-464bdbe10e93.jpg

By Pyo Kyung-min

Actors Kim Soo-hyun and Kim Ji-won star as a couple in the new tvN drama Queen of Tears, which portrays a tumultuous three-year marriage journey.

Scheduled for weekend airing, "Queen of Tears" delves into the lives of Hong Hae-in (Kim Ji-won), an heir managing a large department store, and Baek Hyun-woo (Kim Soo-hyun), son of a mayor of a small town, as the two navigate the complexities of married life.

The series marks Kim Soo-hyun's return to the screen after about three years. This has sparked considerable anticipation, given his previous success in the mega-hit romance series, "Moon

Embracing the Sun" (2012), "My Love from the Star" (2013) and "It's Okay to Not Be Okay" (2020).

Kim addressed these speculations regarding his hiatus during a press conference at a hotel in Guro District, Seoul, on Thursday.

"It wasn't intentional. I've been diligently searching for the right project," he said.

"In my pursuit, I came across 'Queen of Tears' ... Despite this being my first married role, I felt a strong desire as an actor to infuse myself and Baek's inherent charms, including his delicate nature, intelligence and so on, to resonate with audiences."

dc9d2212-7d44-4d8d-8ffe-8e74a1c7b862.jpg

Actor Kim Soo-hyun poses during a press conference at a hotel in Guro District, Seoul, Thursday. Yonhap

Similarly, Kim Ji-won, known for her emotive interpretation of her roles in "Descendants of the Sun" (2016) and "My Liberation Notes" (2022), teased her portrayal of a successful entrepreneur with a not-so-successful love life.

"Expressing the accumulated emotions of marriage, distinct from the excitement of new love, posed considerable challenges for me," she said. "As an unmarried individual, I worked on conveying aspects such as marital stagnation and the detachment arising from unresolved emotions."

Thursday's event also featured supporting actors Park Sung-Hoon, Kwak Dong-yeon and Lee Joo-bin.

Park assumes the role of former Wall Street analyst Yoon Eun-seong, in a notable return to antagonistic roles after his success as Jeon Jae-joon in Netflix's smash hit series, "The Glory" (2023).

Park said, "Beneath the flashy facade of my character lies complexity. Revealing too much about my character would become a spoiler, so I encourage viewers to follow along as the show unfolds."

Kwak portrays Hong's younger brother, Soo-cheol, and Lee plays Cheon Da-hye, Soo-cheol's wife.

375d7baa-f9ac-412d-9557-03c387dbd8e7.jpg

From left, actors Lee Joo-been, Kwak Dong-yeon, Kim Ji-won, Kim Soo-hyun and Park Sung-hoon pose during a press conference held at a hotel in Guro District, Seoul, Thursday. Yonhap

"Queen of Tears" is helmed by directors Jang Young-woo and Kim Hee-won, who praised the cast's exceptional acting.

"It was satisfying to see the actors' performances. This production encapsulates the full spectrum of human emotions ... Seeing these emotions depicted by such talented actors is such a blessing." director Kim said.

The series is also the latest creation of screenwriter Park Ji-eun, renowned for hit shows "The Producers" (2015), "The Legend of the Blue Sea" (2016) and "Crash Landing on You" (2019).

"Good ratings are dependant on god's will, but if this drama surpasses the ratings of 'Crash Landing on You,' we'll be more than elated," director Kim said, expressing her hopes for the drama's success.

"Queen of Tears" airs at 9:10 p.m. every Saturday and Sunday.

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www2/common/viewpage.asp?newsIdx=370250&categoryCode=688

• Like 1

*** This weekend can't arrive fast enough for the premiere! I can't wait for them to hit rock bottom and then figure out how to make love work again in a marriage. I'm into it. This is fresh to me. Kim Soo Hyun always has a good eye for good scripts. I'm so excited for this drama. He's one of the K-drama actors who's like a chameleon to me. He can become any character and act them flawlessly.   :kicks:

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 1:55 PM, willenette said:

@Magician  thanks for sharing MORE presscon photos. Queen Of Tears  had the press conference two days before the premiere of the drama on March 9, which is tomorrow. D-DAY!   :kaching1:

You're welcome willenette :)

Can't wait for tomorrow

[NEWS] Kim Soohyun returns after 'unintentional' 3-year hiatus

"During my break, I was looking for a project and I came across #Queen of Tears and the character of Baek Hyunwoo stood out to me. It's my first time playing the role of a husband and I thought it was interesting"

GIJtZlGb0AAOSEZ?format=jpg&name=small

GICW7O5aoAAevbk?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Wiggle 1

Q: What is Queen o fTears to you?

A: Queen of Tears is my wife, my marriage
Q: How similar are Baek Hyun-woo and Kim Soo-hyun?

A: 93% alike
Q: What's the attractive point of Hong Hae-in in the show? 
A: The fizziness of carbonated rice. A zesty taste

3 points to watch out for in Queen Of Tears

Soohyun reveals:

1. The clash between the Queens and Yongduri families

2. Hyunwoo-Haein’s love story is full of twists and turns

3. Baek Hyunwoo's life with his in-laws

4. He added, Filming on location in Germany

GICW8bgb0AAxD3e?format=jpg&name=medium

GICW79daYAAzhnB?format=jpg&name=medium

GICW7bxa4AAJ38q?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Like 2

Oh Jung Se To Reunite With Kim Soo Hyun Through Special Appearance In “Queen Of Tears”

Oh Jung Se To Reunite With Kim Soo Hyun Through Special Appearance In “Queen Of Tears”

Oh Jung Se and Kim Soo Hyun will be reuniting!

On March 8, the production team of the upcoming tvN Friday-Saturday drama “Queen of Tears” confirmed, “Oh Jung Se will make be making a special appearance in ‘Queen of Tears.'”

While tvN did not disclose Oh Jung Se’s role or the specific episode of his appearance, it’s been reported that Oh Jung Se has already completed filming.

Oh Jung Se reportedly decided to make a special appearance in “Queen of Tears” to show support for Kim Soo Hyun. The duo previously showcased a strong brotherly bond in tvN’s “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,” which aired in 2020.

“Queen of Tears” will premiere on March 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST. While waiting, check out teasers here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647420wpp/oh-jung-se-to-reunite-with-kim-soo-hyun-through-special-appearance-in-queen-of-tears

Spoiler

Kim Soo Hyun Is A Chaebol Son-In-Law Who Goes To Oh Jung Se For Therapy In “Queen Of Tears”

Kim Soo Hyun Is A Chaebol Son-In-Law Who Goes To Oh Jung Se For Therapy In “Queen Of Tears”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Queen of Tears” has shared a sneak peek of Oh Jung Se’s cameo!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “Producer” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” will tell the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds.

Kim Soo Hyun will star as Baek Hyun Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won will play his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

Oh Jung Se, who previously played Kim Soo Hyun’s brother in the hit drama “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,” will be reuniting with the actor through a special appearance in this new series. In “Queen of Tears,” Oh Jung Se will play the role of Baek Hyun Woo’s psychiatrist.

In newly released stills from the upcoming drama, Baek Hyun Woo—who is afraid of getting caught seeing a psychiatrist—carefully hides his identity with a hood and sunglasses before making a visit to the doctor’s office.

Oh-Jung-Se-Kim-Soo-Hyun.jpeg

Once there, Baek Hyun Woo lets down his guard and sorrowfully opens up about his woes as the son-in-law of a chaebol family.

Meanwhile, Oh Jung Se’s character listens carefully to the stressed-out man’s laments—piquing curiosity as to what could be troubling Baek Hyun Woo, who is the envy of all and appears to be living the perfect life as the husband of a chaebol heiress.

Kim-Soo-Hyun.jpeg

Spoiler

Oh-Jung-Se.jpeg

Oh-Jung-Se-Kim-Soo-Hyun-2.jpeg

To catch Oh Jung Se’s cameo, tune in to the premiere of “Queen of Tears” on March 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647531wpp/kim-soo-hyun-is-a-chaebol-son-in-law-who-goes-to-oh-jung-se-for-therapy-in-queen-of-tears

Kim SoHyun with NaYoungHee

His mother-in-law forever :D

GH_I7FqbkAAJYap?format=jpg&name=medium

Rice wreath from his HK fans at Queen of Tears Press Conference

GICC21nboAAVHN5?format=jpg&name=large

Cfans rice wreath at Queen of Tears press conference

GICCNdrbcAAiltH?format=jpg&name=large

• Love 1

“Queen Of Tears” Teases Intriguing In-Law Dynamics Between Kim Soo Hyun’s And Kim Ji Won’s Families

20240305074700_kim-soo-hyun-kim-ji-won-1

“Queen of Tears” has given a sneak peek of the interesting relationships in the upcoming drama!

Penned by “Crash Landing on You,” “My Love From the Star,” and “The Producers” writer Park Ji Eun, “Queen of Tears” tells the miraculous, thrilling, and humorous love story of a married couple who manage to survive a crisis and stay together against all odds. Kim Soo Hyun stars as Baek Hyeon Woo, the legal director of the conglomerate Queens Group, while Kim Ji Won plays his wife Hong Hae In, the chaebol heiress known as the “queen” of Queens Group’s department stores.

Ahead of the premiere, “Queen of Tears” shared a sneak peek at the relationship between in-laws!

Baek Hyeon Woo & Hong Soo Chul: Living beneath Hong Hae In’s shadow

kim-soo-hyun-qot.jpeg

An intriguing point to look out for will be the potential camaraderie between Baek Hyeon Woo and his brother-in-law Hong Soo Chul (Kwak Dong Yeon), who find company in each other as those who are overshadowed by Hong Hae In.

After marriage, Baek Hyeon Woo is living a frightening marriage life which brings tears to his eyes nearly every day.

Hong Soo Chul similarly ranks last in terms of influence in his family, having been overshadowed by his older sister since birth. In similar positions, Baek Hyeon Woo and Hong Soo Chul’s relationship raises anticipation.

However, Hong Soo Chul orders Baek Hyeon Woo around, only making Baek Hyeon Woo’s life even more difficult.

Viewers are curious if the two will be able to grow closer or if their family positions will keep the two distant.

kwak-dong-yeon-.jpeg

Hong Hae In & Baek Mi Sun: Supportive sister-in-law

Spoiler

kim-ji-won-qot.jpeg

Another relationship to look forward to will be between sister-in-laws Hong Hae In and Baek Mi Sun (Jang Yoon Joo). Due to Baek Hyeon Woo’s marriage, his family has been enjoying all kinds of benefits. Baek Mi Sun is a mother working at a hair salon to send money to her husband and son abroad for education, making Hong Hae In’s support a necessity for her.

Thus, Baek Mi Sun can only hope that her younger brother’s marriage life is a harmonious one. Baek Mi Sun is busy taking her sister-in-law’s side and nagging at Baek Hyeon Woo’s complaints. However, following the wedding, Hong Hae In has yet to see Baek Mi Sun once, making viewers curious about their awkward relationship.

jang-yoon-joo.jpeg

Kim Sun Hwa and Jeon Bong Ae: Starkly different mother-in-laws

na-young-hee.jpeg hwang-young-hee.jpeg

Coming from different backgrounds, Kim Sun Hwa (Na Young Hee) and Jeon Bong Ae (Hwang Young Hee) have starkly different attitudes when it comes to the Baek Hyeon Woo and Hong Hae In couple. Disapproving of her daughter Hong Hae In, who passed on all the candidates she chose as a potential husband and chose Baek Hyeon Woo instead, Kim Sun Hwa shows favoritism to her son Hong Soo Chul.

On the other hand, Jeon Bong Ae shows warm affection for not only her son Baek Hyeon Woo but also her daughter-in-law Hong Hae In, whom she treats like her own child. The sharp contrast in the vibes of the two mother-in-laws raises anticipation for how the couple will adjust to each family.

kim-soo-hyun-kim-ji-won-.jpeg

“Queen of Tears” will premiere on March 9 at 9:10 p.m. KST. While waiting, check out teasers here!

credit : soompi news