Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

Hello @val_ysy! Nice to see here someone else!

Yes, it's a pity to see how quiet and deserted this place is now. I've also come too late and have read the thread first with excitement, then with sadness because of all this fans wars that ruined the atmospher. Unfortunately.

I really miss the devoted and active people who have been his fans here for long years, but then found another platform (like twitter or instagram) to continue their love and support.

In any case I just try to keep here the timeline with the news, I really miss YSY and couldn't do more, for example translate the video or participate in official fanclubs (only for korean or japanese fans). So this my way to contribue.

I understand you very well )) I also discovered him only last year, watching Dear judge, and also went through his all filmography. And felt in love with him because of his interviews, values and personality. 

In Korea are so many handsome and talented actors, but YSY is just someone unique for me. It's difficult to describe, especially in english, that isn't my native language)

I have some doubts according to upcoming drama too, I'm really worrying about the ratings, reviews, reaction of knetizens. All this troubles and scandals of the last year showed how easily can be any career and reputation destroyed.

I'm wondering also what was the reason of long period of rest - was it his own decision to take a break after many years of hard work almost without time for himself or there were external circumstances?

Why did he choose his project - he likes to play this kind of characters, but did he have another offers?

We'll never know the truth, I think, but I'm full of questions.

His also stopped the advertising contracts, right? No more my lovely Austin Reed(((

Questions, questions...

By the way, MOA last week had an event with collecting the fans' questions to YSY and he will answer them by himself. I'm curious when will it be and what format. I want to have the translation))

What do you think about this?

Do you like to watch 1 night 2 days?

Sorry for long post)) I miss him and miss chatting about him so much))

Ohh it's so nice to at least be able to discuss things with someone else @Oleksandra! I agree with you in this being one of the very few things we can do since I don't understand Korean, unfortunately :( 

I've also wondered a lot about the hiatus and like you said we will probably never know but I actually don't believe it was for lack of offers. Train didn't do well (a pity truly because it's one of my favorite projects of his) but I don't think that would be enough to kinda stump his career. I remember him mentioning in an interview (I can't remember which one sorry!) that he wanted to focus on his personal life in 2020 so maybe that has to do with the break. 

About this new project I'm going into it with an open mind but I do wanna hear from him what made him choose it; I'm also trying not to think too much about ratings yet because if it really is a Wavve original and is only available in that platform then we can't really expect much since it's not that big of a platform. 

9 hours ago, Oleksandra said:

His also stopped the advertising contracts, right? No more my lovely Austin Reed(((

Questions, questions...

I was JUST wondering about this a couple days ago, I actually have no idea what happened with that :(( 

9 hours ago, Oleksandra said:

By the way, MOA last week had an event with collecting the fans' questions to YSY and he will answer them by himself. I'm curious when will it be and what format. I want to have the translation))

What do you think about this?

I saw! I was really excited haha but then they posted they couldn't do it but I couldn't really understand the translation as to why :/ I'm also not sure if they'll still do it later *sigh* 

And yess I finished all his episodes of 1N2D and I'm still in withdrawal, my heart hurts every time I think about it because it was so unfair for the rest of them...

Anyways, glad to be able to talk here! 

Actor Park Ki Woong posted some pictures from his last day of filming "You Raise Me Up" and YSY was there! Hoping for some nice bromance in this drama...I'm a sucker for bromance. Also hoping for some more details about it! It's been so different how they're managing it, not really any news...don't really know how they're going to promote it but fingers' crossed it all goes well.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Cr.

• Like 1

Thank you @val_ysy for the pictures and link! Seems like they had fun during filming)

Bromance would be good, the relationships between DongSik and his "Robin", and with InWoo in Psychopath diary were priceless))) I'm rewatching this drama right now and I like it even more then first time.

So now, as the filming of URMU is ended, I hope, we'll have more information and promomaterials.

We have the selfie from the place that looks like a backstage of photoshoot, maybe it's with interview about drama? I'm looking forward. Hope we'll have answers on our questions about the reason of choice and everything else.

Only one problem with the interview - I don't understand korean, and google translate helps but often not good enough. It's a pity when I read an interesting question and then in translation of answer some set of words that hard to understand together (YSY, I think, uses sentences and expressions too comlicated for auto-translator))) I'd like so much to understand him properly, he has so interesting way of thinking.

(I learned the hangul)) and installed the korean keyboard to type his name in youtube search))

With the MOA event the same situation will be, or even more difficult if he will make a video (at least, written text is possible to translate). I should just hope that someone will make the english subtitles.

Unfortunately, for many videos we don't have them, like for radio DJing, visiting Yura, comedian show with Junho... Uhh.

As I understand, YSY will answer the questions later, he apologised that failed to answer at the same day, it was too busy with filming.

By the way, I've also read about his plans to pay more attention to his personal life in 2020, he trained a lot (and we saw the result in Unexpectable business))), and he wanted to learn english.

I remember)

so why did they accept only korean questions? It could be a good language practice for him to accept also english questions from international fans)))

Anyway, let's wait and support him.

About Train and 1n2d I'll write later, otherwise it will be not a post but a novel)

spacer.png

• Like 1

YSY replied to the questions from fans, more than 100!

They are in korean language for sure, but the amazing girls from YSY Philippines translated a lot of them - 

How does he release his stress, when want to get married, favorite ice-cream, song, movie and etc. you can find in this thread

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 1:17 PM, Oleksandra said:

Unfortunately, for many videos we don't have them, like for radio DJing, visiting Yura, comedian show with Junho...

The episode of the show with Junho (Just Comedy) is available with English subtitles on Viki.

That's true, about Twt and IG, but there it's difficult to combine everything and to follow the information in chronological order. So, for me it's important to collect here the news)) Will be happy to have here also the discussions ))

• Awesome 1

The release of URMU will be on 31st of august ))

And there are some rumors about a movie, but no official confirmation and no details.

New backstage photos from "Big hit":

E6EGpBiUYAARSaE?format=jpg&name=medium

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRNfo1OFf8h/?utm_medium=share_sheet

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ2R9eYtook/

Spoiler

E5c5QWoVoAwzM4i?format=jpg&name=900x900

E5XRydiVEAQU1NY?format=jpg&name=large

E5XRy_VUcAI5z59?format=jpg&name=large

E5VtBxAVEAg2ig8?format=jpg&name=large

E5VtBmDVEAMYol0?format=jpg&name=large

E5QqXE7VEAMslXN?format=jpg&name=large

Also it's one year since broadcasting "Train", amazing drama, with cool well-written plot, brilliant acting and good directing.

And thanks to @Spring4664, who made this nice compilation of each episode ending

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

A movie!! Hopefully the info is right because there's only one source right now but it appears he's filming something soon yayy! I wonder if it would be the movie he was supposed to film but never happened or if it would be a new one. In any case I'm happy to have news for both the drama and a new project.

53 minutes ago, annatwisted said:

Yay! A movie!!! Very exciting! Thank you for the update! 

p.s. i wonder where we can watch YRMU apart from WAVVE, any idea?

@annatwisted I've also been wondering about that, I guess we'll know more as the date approaches. I hope it will be on Viki but I also wanna try and see if there's any way I could watch live (if they'll air it on a network like they did with the last drama Wave produced). Maybe with a VPN. If later on I find out more I'll post it here.

• Thanks 1

Yes, let's follow the news, I'll wait for some official information, but I'm so hungry for any activity from him that can't stop dreaming and hoping)

For now is there only one sourse of the rumors (https://www.instagram.com/p/CRK_sZBsYNS/)? 

And I saw the screenshot of schedule, but don't know from where it is

@val_ysy what do you mean about the movie he was supposed to star? I think I missed something

@annatwistedI also don't know yet where to watch URMU and will someone subbed it in english. At least we have enough time to find it out (till 31.08)

@Oleksandrame too! That’s why i kust content myself with editing pics and vids just to keep me out of boredom hehehe.

He was supposed fo have a movie in 2018 entitled Private Woman https://www.soompi.com/article/1233199wpp/yoon-shi-yoon-kim-yoon-hye-cast-couple-upcoming-film

I guess this one didn’t push through. Oh well, let’s just keep our fingers crossed for a movie soon. 

Also, if the universe conspires in our favor, the producers of that Naver Webtoon “Whale Star” would do a good enough project and cast him (if he chooses to). Yay! Too much wishful thinking hehehe.

Cheers! 

• 2 weeks later...

@Oleksandrafrom the looks of his clothes, probably police or detective. hopefully it’s a movie but no info whatsoever from any news agency or MOA. So we will be in the dark for now. Guess they will just surprise us with news in the next few days. Let’s just keep holding on and scour the social media sites with anything. :)