Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤 | [Movie 2023 "When Our Love Remains As Scent"]

partyon

Thank you @Rachel (again and again!!!) >:D
I set up my alarm clock but I must have turned it off while sleeping because I didn't wake up! ha ha What was your impression on Mr. Yoon the MC? 
From what I could see on the clips you posted, he looked a bit nervous but did a great job! The other MC was nervous too, as he at times interrupted Yoonie mid-sentence (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and think that he did it out of nervousness) but still... :-w (in the mode of protecting the YSY here)
But all in all, he looked every inch of the Yoom Shi Yoom he is...! :\">

Also, you can tell Suzy has a lot of experience though. How old is she... like 18? OMG. those girls sure are growing up fast these days, he he. She is very pretty, although personally I still like Yoona more (PM&I biased? Perhaps! LOL) - I read on twitter that a netizen was wondering why Suzy could not look at YSY-- they were wondering if perhaps she likes him, LOL

Looking for more clips (Saw some clips posted on Suzy's thread, but not sure if they are the same ones). Bye and hugs! >:D<

You're welcome @coastalbreeze!
I think only it's missing the part where Suzy was not there (she was preparing for her preformance). Hehehe in this part he made a mistake there, I'm not really sure about it was, I think he said something like a Big Mac instead of another thing, hahaha but he's cute when he's nervous! I think he did well for his first time, but ofc I'm biased! 
He looked so nervous at first, but later he was more relaxed, I feel the same,  the other MC was interrupting him so much, I think it was because Yoonie talks slower than them and I guess the other MC wanted to help him, I don't know if that's normal in this kind of show :? 
I'm helpless, now I want he and Suzy in a drama together =)) or variety shows... anyway she was so beautiful in that red dress (really 18 yrs?!!!!) hahaha I read he was looking her too much instead of the camera, k-netizens seems kinda jealous! for me she's more beautiful than Yoona! btw I was expecting to see Yoona, but she didn't attend :( maybe too busy with PM&I 
Btw Suzy asked him something about Yeojachingu (?), I heard that! I want to know what he said! :P 

Hmmm. I didn't hear that but then again I have not watched the whole thing. :P

Maybe I need to watch Suzy more, but to me, Yoona gives more of a grown up woman vibe... I like that about her. She can be childish but also has this aura of a true star, that I can't explain...

But again, it might be that I have not seen Suzy more, or that it's just my taste. :P

Ps: I just saw KBS America will transmit the show tonight! Hopefully I'll be able to watch (mommy duties keep me busy hehe)

Hugs!

Hi @reger and welcome here!:-h
I hv watched the KBS show late last nite too. Can't believe i am watching a music show that lag every 30 sec.. but for the sake of our MC, i endured through out. 
To think about it, the KBS station is very daring to engage someone who has zero experience in hosting a big show like this and very brave of SiYoon to take up that role. That tall guy on the  left seems to be the most experienced and Suzy was very natural and relax throughout, as for Yoonie because he is not experience at all, he has to keep looking at their faces for cue as in when to cut in at the right time.  
All i can say is though he is the least experience among the 3, but he still try his best and that's is the most charming part abt him. I agreed with @rachel he is too cute even when he is nervous and did u see him doing that little wiggling dance??? ok ok.. we are on the bias side now.
Overall it's still a great start for him. In the competitive entertain line in Korea It's good that he start broaden his skills to be all rounded. And he said in some article that if given the chance again to host programme like Barefoot friends such as taking up challenges, he will do it again.

This is about his mistake:
class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible;"Suzy and Yoon Shi Yoon’s Emceeing Mistakes on “2013 KBS Music Festival” 

Actor Yoon Shi Yoon, miss A’s Suzy and TV personality Lee Hwi Jae were emcees at the “2013 KBS Music Festival” on December 27.

The less experienced emcees Yoon Shi Yoon and Suzy ended up making some adorable mistakes on live television.

Yoon Shi Yoon showed his nerves when he accidentally introduced the “Super Big Match” battle as “Big Mac,” causing Lee Hwi Jae to explode with laughter.

Lee Hwi Jae set things right, saying, “Big Mac is a hamburger. It is Big Match.” It added that it was ok to make mistakes since it was a live broadcast, adding that, “You just have to apologize.” His natural talkativeness helped to relax Yoon Shi Yoon, and the actor was able to continue with his emceeing.

Complete article: http://www.soompi.com/2013/12/27/suzy-and-yoon-shi-yoons-emceeing-mistakes-on-2013-kbs-music-festival/#.Ur5Z1fTuKSo

Hehehe at least he causes some smiles!! So cute, I need to watch that part! 

He looked so cute as an MC! He was truly the highlight for me, as I don't like k-pop. :-) Too bad I could not stay awake to see him in his black suit though... I guess I really have little patience with music awards. :P I wonder if he will attend the KBS drama awards, though?
EDIT: My favorite moments of the night: 
Moment 1:MC1: What kind of boyfriend are you? YSY: The caring kind. Me: awww.

Moment 2 (Bromance!)MC1: Mr. Yoon Shi Yoon?YSY: Yes?MC1: You are very charmingYSY: (laughs) hyung too (older brother is very charming too)!

zy_min said: 
and here are the HD cuts [HD] 131227 Suzy - MC Cuts 2013 - Part 1

cr start0513 
[HD] 131227 Suzy - MC Cuts 2013 - Part 2
cr start0513 
 Thank you @zy_min for letting us share these in YSY's thread! >:D<

Awww I love him in green! (and in blue, and in black, and in red, and...) :P Here. Let me see if I can attach pictures here from my tablet. I am not liking this teeny-tiny window!!! Argh. 
MOMENT 1: YSY: "I'm the caring kind of boyfriend" 8515c4f7-a9c8-4650-a7a5-699d9a52fa4e_zps

MOMENT 2: MC1: "Mr. Yoon Shi Yoon, you are very charming." image_zpsbe8d01e1.jpg

MOMENT 3: YSY: "You too, Hyung" (All celebrate each others' charms)

image_zpsbff16964.jpg

MOMENT 4: YSY celebrates his own charm (in his own semi-private moment) image_zps43b3a339.jpg
image_zpsecb489d5.jpg

MOMENT 5: An attempt to do the jump-jump like Crayon Pop: image_zpse1d93d09.jpg

MOMENT 6: YSY as Kang In Ho, congratulating Ms. Da Jeong on national TV for the upcoming "Girls Generation" presentation image_zps90abd924.jpg
image_zpsae95a560.jpg

Guest yoonmie90

Well, you all right.. yoon si yoon looks so nerveous from the first time, he not talkative than two other mc,. He more quite, maybe this is the first time he became the mc for big programe.. i thought.. but overall he can adapted with the other mc until end,, did you know my first reaction when he come up with white tuxedo?? I touch his face in the screen and scream "omg that's my namja, omg what a handsome guy!!" Hahah *fargirl mode on* 
Btw why Suzy didnt see toward to Yoon si yoon when she talk. Heoll ur partner on the left side too Suzy.. Hahah Is she nervous to Yoon si yoon?? Ahh.. siyoon so adorable yesterday.. 
Yesterday, i'm read some comments that's why yoona didnt come but yoon si yoon attend.. almost of their is yoona fans.. they complained why yoona still filmed PMAI but siyoon became mc at there! Hello his schedule is different with yoona. And he is only second lead..some of them expected that's nam dajung attend with kang in ho like a couple.. lol :P

Thanks @coastalbreeze for that translation.. Awwww. so cute Yoonie.I just wonder if he will go back home and replay those scenes again and frown on his mistakes..=))
Every time i see him in that vibrant green winter coat, i always think of his time during filming of FBND...esp when someone called him 'kkaegeum..KkaeGeum" :x

Chinese translation LINK  : cr. To Yoon Si Yoon Baidu Bar / 百度尹施允吧 ( from bunny_bonnie的百度相册 ) 

source : Harper's BAZAAR ( 2013 December )
english translation : Eniya (not 100 % accuracy)
only
Page 1 & 2 of 5

Yoon Shi Yoon seems to be like a bright cartoon character which came alive. His work is always full of cheerful atmosphere with exceptionally warm affection and love. His interpretation of the role is also more comic nature and fantasy based.
" Schoolboy Jun Hyuk " who experienced growing pains of love and innocent; Someone who had to withstand the test of all the adversities and eventually become NO.1 of "Baker King" ; An "undercover boss" while being surrounded by the love of three women; A "Flower Boy" who helped a lonely person to walk out of darkness.

Even though these comics characters which sometimes has absolutely no sense, Yoon Shi Yoon has interpreted and perfectly done these unexpected role in a very realistic way. You can see that from the expression on his face and emotions. With unique gentle eyes , and such a vibrant expression like the trees full of vitality , these are qualities that are able to portray the role more convincingly.

In comparision to the innocence of the comics, whenever he laughs reveals a pair of curved elongated eyes, exactly like the comic vibrant style. Also, in the variety show like “Barefoot friends" overcoming the fear of water and diving successfully with such challenging story feels exactly like a happy ending story which you can find in a comic .

Being an Actor as a profession, is to determine their own position through continuous blend of emotions. And at this point , Yoon Shi Yoon has a talent which helps brighten the surrounding atmosphere.

" Wanted those who had watched " Baker King " will remember his mother , and make a phone call to her mother; Hope that those who had seen" Flower Boy next door " do not think as being too old but still maintain a young heart and also continue to pursue love and dreams.

For saying such a thing, makes one who is depressed especially wanted to see an actor like him. It is with such a pristine pure expression, he had once made more than half of the Korean people to be his fans .

But unfortunately, you may not be to see that bright nature of him in the new drama "The prime minister and I ," which will air in December. It is a love story between The youngest prime minister ( Lee Bum Soo ornaments ) and a scandal reporter ( Yoona ), who will dominated the plot. Yoon Shi Yoon plays the role as the chief executive in this . And the keyword for this role is " the most powerful elite ."

His role sometimes helps the relationship between male and female main leads , but sometimes become a stumbling block between the two, is a relatively complex role with more inner feelings . So in order to create a very different character from all his previous roles, Yoon Shi Yoon put a lot of effort on his facial expressions, and filter out many other things.

" So far, those roles I have played previously were more sentimental as compare to the role of 'Kang In Ho' in " the Prime Minister and I " , he is someone who uses rational and theoretical point of view to look at things of the world and people . Someone who hides his emotions from the surrounding people.

In the previous works which, as far as possible strives for thoughts of mind to be manifested directly/openly, but now more efforts to practice how to hide the expressions instead. "

Yoon Shi Yoon think that the most asked question is, " Is there any similarity between this role and your real personality? ." With such certainty, he even have this idea to get his answers recorded first after the airing of the drama, and play it later for those with this question to listen. But before he gets tired of this question, we got the first answer direct from his mouth.

"Although this role does not represent the “me” right now, but I do not know when I may become that kind of person. With thoughts that i could display the different emotions in a variety of different looks /innermost thoughts, so when picking/choosing the script, I do not deliberately pick up those handsome/cool roles. But roles which I wanted to play, that I can put my heart in which i could display in the performance that helps me to decide which pick role to choose.

Through starring in "HignKick through the roof" wanted to express the innocent of a childhood vision of love, and in "Baker King" I wanted to portray the experience of a unrest 20-year-old youth. In the " Flower Boy Next Door," which is a little childish, someone who fully demonstrated the kind of happy look in front of his family or girlfriend. In comparison to" prime minister and I" , Kang In Ho is a kind of guy which i wanted to be when I am in my 30s. Someone who is much more mature than Yoon Shi Yoon right now . In reality as a man ( growing in maturity), I also want to become more rational and have more wisdom ."

Just looking at the short hair cut, it felt was a litlle bit strange . Then to hide all the emotions/expressions which manifest a very cool side of him, I think it would certainly be a very rational performance for this one show, which will definitely leave different impression for his works.

Some people will think that he is trying out a new transformation? But Yoon Shi Yoon thinks that he is not the process to create a new chapter in his performance, neither does he has the desire to want to come out/move out from his original image. He only wanted to fix his eyes on what is ahead, that was his answer for us .

"I did not really have the thoughts of image or acting transformations, the idea sounds a bit like “dog feces”/worthless philosophy, but I think I am someone who is neither not quite like an adult nor like a child, does not easily allow the things in this world to affect the emotions easily, while at the same time my heart is also looking forward to another world, which I believe it very positively and I think I am such a person, and I want to share these with the people .

As an actor, right now I just want to make a better interpretation of someone I can relate to, or things or people which i am familiar that can triggered something out of it. As for the kind of creative interpretation from scratch ( zero ) , is very unlikely for me to relate. So I have discussed with the director for the drama, "the prime minister and I" , that I do not want to put on/pretend to have a proud altitude appearance ( or he thinks he is somebody). I want to portray Kang In Ho as someone who is little youthful but very mature, who thinks he is smart /clever yet rational in thoughts, but slowly being swayed/moved by the people around him.

( to be continue...3 more pages, see page 146)  

You're awesome @eniya !!! I wish I could be of help... But the only asian language I speak (barely) is Korean... :-)

This is a great interview. I love to read YSY's views on Kang In Ho. :x

Thank youuuuu....! >:D<

I'm so SORRY if I could not more taking part in discussion about adorable lovely pretty flower boy, Yoon Shi Yoon, my dearest darling n greatest LVE with his other really lovely fans as all of you; cuz I'm so far away from the news n events about industry of films or musics.

I'm from that kind of person who prefer researching about serious things so has not enough inf about such kinds of matters even about my country's artists, actors or idols.

But someday a blessing event happened to me while me was nursing my MOM who was very sick and I was in the road between hospital nd home that cause a real illness for me too; and as I'd rested in bed just watching TV, very casually I found KBS channel at that time, which unfortunately is not on that frequency any more nd I could not get other frequencies for that. At that time it showed Baker King, Kim Tak Gu with english sub that drew my attention and my mother's too very much (now my mother is also a strict fan of him and in fact she was before me  :)) .  My MOM nd me were waiting intensively watching the next eps and then his other acting but in the internet.

The thing that was surprising me was the unbelievable effects of him on me nd it was the feeling of a kind of beautiful tenderness in my heart nd also in my mind as well as an angelic healing effect on my sickness which really hurt me; he with his angelic heavenly healing effects, which maybe he himself dont recognize that he has such property in himself yet, could change my world totally. 
*-:) I'm a loving person but he could increase much more loving feelings in me and also could cause other positive ones too. Believe me such beautiful feelings get increasing more n more everytime I watch him in another project or event.  

So I have spontaneously a bias idea about him and could not tolerate even the least bad or unhappy thing happens to him, For example when Yoona choose Mr pork coutlet instead of our adorable Yoonie in the show, which made all the audience surprised by that idiotic choice ( I was just coming to like her as an innocent lovely girl but she showed her policy in an unfair way like an opportunist  politician) !  :-O Or when Suzy strictly nd somehow redeculesely  wants to show her ignorance towards our lovely innocent boy, while he looks at her just as his colleague who should have a  good harmony in order to do that job properly not as a lover or fonder of her !!!  ^#(^  Or when KHJ didnt accept Yoonie's offering food  in an unpleasant way and then he (KHJ) let to KHD put the food in his mouth in the same way several time as the video shows those scenes!  :-/ ( Although maybe those unfamiliar friends get upset nd very suddenly appear again to defend KHJ.  X(   ) 

Yeah I'm a strict bias about this lovely innocent boy nd I'm proud of this idea about him. He deserves much more respects nd attention but as we see he dont mind such attention towards himself nd doesnt enough effort for that anymore. [-(
hehehe, it was my love story about lovely pretty flower boy, Yoon Shi Yoon, who is my dearest darling nd greatest love! So just I could say my feeling about him not other things as you lovely fans of him do such as news, pics, videos, interesting interpretations  nd other ones........:))  :x   :x  :x  :x

@Jelve, so touching to read abt your personal encounter how you happen to watch Baker King. As for Yoona not choosing him in the variety show, well I hope u can to see that in the light hearted and fun way. You know for me, if ever i see a gorgeous person like SiYoon standing in front of me right now, i might not be able to see him eye to eye, and will avoid all eye contacts with him... if not i would end up being electric-fried

=))

Sorry guys, the chinese translated article below is quite difficult to translate sometimes... SiYoon is very illustrative or philosophy in the way he talks and i understand exactly what he says in the chinese translated article which is interesting btw. However both my chinese and english standard is not great, so i can't expressed exactly what he want to say.. so frustratiing ... haha. So if at some point u do not understand the content, that is mainly my fault for not translating it well. Anyway, my conclusion abt this guy, he really a man of full of deep thoughts, he don't see things as on the surface but tend to see things in a more deeper level.

Chinese translation LINK  : cr. To Yoon Si Yoon Baidu Bar / 百度尹施允吧 ( from bunny_bonnie的百度相册 

source : Harper's BAZAAR ( 2013 December )

english translation : Eniya (not 100 % accuracy)
Part 1 & 2 on page145 , Continuation - Page 3 to 5 >>

Through knowing oneself's limits and shorting comings, it could turn out to be more beautiful. And understanding one's own short comings and using it as a push factor, will makes one stronger. Every one of Yoon Si Yoon's previous projects, always has a challenge to overcome, which seems to be like a destiny that has been planned. When he received the news of ratings that reached 50% for the drama “ Baker King”, he was then still a rookie actor with a worrying heart. It was towards the end that he was asked to join in the drama “Me Too Flower”, and some thought he was not suitable because outwardly he looked babyfaced and younger in comparison with other actors. Even though there were such debated dicussions going on but there was none about his performance being inadequate for the roles or was not up to the standard. Yoon Si Yoon tried not to be affected by those debated comments and continue on, especially during the filming of 'Baker King' as a rookie actor. It seems unbelievable thinking about it even right now. Eventually when he was well received as Kim Tak Ku, he did not allow the good comments to overrun him. “Flower Boy Flower Next door” also reached another successful level and Yoon Si Yoon' s performance is not a just new discovery but a new development.

“Up til now, my performance has always been like “to face the big wide world”, the passion of a young person who is not complete, someone who wants to reach a higher point without any limits, something which means “burning with passion”, and I want to give my all. There is a book which i like ‘징비록’ ( 惩毖录)which teach you what to do in order to fail. Although knowing the right formula to success is important but to know the process that leads to failure is just as important. For example, the formula 'to know how to succeed' will end with that result but it is not exactly the right formula to the answer. To combine the formula of successs and failures and to find a way which belong to oneself,

Even if today is a failure, does not mean that tomorrow. it will continue to fail. To carry such thoughts, Yoon Si Yoon is very clear on the next direction he is going.

“I'm not worried if I do not do better than what I did in the past. I believe I am at this stage which i need to stablise my acting, not in that sense of being more hardworking or to show better performance, but to let the audience become more comfortable with me as an actor. Take Sanbae Lee Beum Soo in this drama as an example, the rank is different. When we talk about baseball, from a competition which is in held in the country and later promoted to the international competition like in USA, that feeling of being nervous makes me even more excited.

As for Yoon Si Yoon, this feeling of excitement was something that he had experience not too long ago. In “ Barefoot Friends” when he put his whole heart into it to face the challenge bravely and he did well in the first challenge. Although the rating did not do not do well and had stopped airing on July, the challenges in the programme had help expand his perceptions ( his way of thinking) in that sense.

“When the adults taught us in order to fulfill our dreams, first you need to learn to persevere and give up certain things. That's exactly what I learn from them. However recently, I realized that rather than those who pursue happiness by having many great things and in comparison to those who has many but ''small happiness/accomplishment', the latter is more impressive/amazing. As an actor ( being a public figure ) , wanted to tell the world that happiness does not come from just one place. Through “BAREFOOT FRIENDS” , I learnt many things. Although I am not really good in sports , I have learn to dive, and have the chance to compose/write a song about my childhood life. Through all these, i realized these little happiness helps me to grow.

Talk about happiness, we would like to understand him or how happy he is as a person. During the interview, Yoon Si Yoon can't seem to leave out the word “happiness”. Being a good actor has always been his goal, let's check out what kind of guy he would like to be. He replied,
“ During his childhood, he could not understand why the adults like to drink coffee as it taste bitter to him. However once he tasted the coffee, he slowly began to have this thought , “ This is also another unique flavour! To explain that bitterness is also one of a kind of flavour. In the same way, whatever that is in this world, you will still find happiness in whatever situation. And when one could still find happiness in the mist of it, I would think this is a cool guy.”

When he was asked if acting is like a learning process, if it is enough when one make effort just to work hard? He replied,
“ In this world, everyone has their own views about happiness, being an actor is to project the views of these people. Hence, the actor has to understand the world in a broaden way and needs to explore the different happiness you can find in this world.”

Before the interview came to end, we quickly ask him about his days before debut, those time even when there was no audition at all that he was forced to give up his dream and he started to pack up his things and went for a short trip to sort out his feelings. In comparison to those times, he must filled with happiness right now. In reply, he said,
“ Always been reflecting, that times when you have plenty you tend to desire to have more at the same time. And the real happiness which I used to have may slowing become dissolve/ forgotten. To desire to continue to to be successful at the same time, I may end up having less/empty.”

Everyone knows that Yoon Si Yoon is addicted to reading book who owns more than 2000 books, he always has a book by his side even time when he had his makeup or hair done. Right now his hands always held to a book titled “ 坂本龙马评论” Sakamoto Ryoma who is one of the most influential people in Japanese history who led a revolution to overthrow during that period. And before this he also shared that he has re-read some other books, '罗马人的故事' by 盐野七生, '西洋美术史' by 恩斯特_贡布里希.

- end of interview -

phew ~ i glad i could finish this translation task before 2014 comes. haha

=))