Choi Daniel 최다니엘 チェダニエル |♥| [Upcoming drama 2024/2025] I’m Jisong Again Today, 오늘도 지송합니다 - Premieres on December 5

gm4queen

In this video, Choi Daniel mentioned Big Man only once, but it's a great interview about how he motivates himself before a scene, who he idolizes as an actor and his life as a DJ

video credit:  KBS World Radio Channel

Interview

Hello KBS World Radio listeners. My name is Choi Daniel.
I’m the DJ for the 1 hour program, , on from 11 AM to 12 PM.

I’m also on the Monday-Tueday mini-series “Big Man”.
It’s nice to meet you. Hi~

You’re an actor, but how did you get into being a radio DJ?

I didn’t think it was that big of a deal. Don’t you all just end up drinking cola and eating French fries along with your hamburger?
It feels like you’re asking me how I got to eating French fries while ating my hamburger…
I always liked the radio and I enjoy doing radio.
I listened to programs like “Starry Night” and Lee Moon-sae’s show. They used to tell scary stories on the radio so I would get scared, but still enjoyed it. Also, even if I was alone in my room, the radio made me feel like I wasn’t by myself.
My dad used to scold me for watching television, saying that I wasn’t studying. But he didn’t scold me for listening to the radio, because it was kind of a fine line. You only listen to the radio, so I could still look at my study books. That’s why I listened to the radio.
One great thing about being a radio DJ is that as an actor I can’t really directly meet the public. Through the project, portraying the character, I can only connect with the public indirectly. However, with radio I can connect directly. What I say is only somewhat set. I can read messages and make comments in response. It’s great to be able to communicate with the public, kind of a like a pen pal.

Were there any memorable incidents working as a radio DJ?

IU was a guest on my show and I’m personally a fan of hers. It felt so great to have her come on. I mean, IU! On MY show! I was incredibly nervous, so nervous I couldn’t even keep the time well. I went over time and had to just end her segment without letting her say goodbye. I felt so bad and it just lingered on my mind that I didn’t let her say a proper goodbye. But I don’t have the courage to invite IU back. I feel like the same thing would happen. You couldn’t really tell on air, but it was a small personal thing for me.
I think IU’s doing well. Please show her new album lots of love. I’m also a fan.

This is a question from our listener Lydia Sari in Indonesia.
If you had to pick from being an actor, broadcaster, and DJ, which would you choose?

That’s a hard question. I feel like I was able to become a DJ because I was an actor first. I don’t have extraordinary communication skills that a DJ should have nor am I exceptionally empathetic. If I had to pick from the three, I’d choose actor. I love being a DJ too, but I don’t think I have the skills fitting a DJ. I think I became a DJ because I’m an actor.

This is a question from listener Siti Rahayu from Indonesia.
You worked with Jang Nara on two projects -- and . Was there anything about her that impressed you and do you have any plans to work together again?

Anytime I’d love to. She’s a very sweet actress. She’s very emotional and tender, an actress that brings the protective instincts out of you. If we could meet on another project, I hope it could be an even more fun one.

This question is from listener Belén Pita in Argentina.
Before doing a crying scene, is there a particular song you listen to or scene you think of to get into the mood?

I used to try and listen to music before crying scenes, but realized it was a distraction. I listen to music more for happy or everyday/ordinary scenes, rather than crying scenes. Songs that fit that role.
Before serious scenes, I tend to joke around a lot with people. I try to feel completely opposite emotions, and then just change all of a sudden into character. That’s fun. It sometimes doesn’t work though.

This question is from listener Ira Rahmawati in Indonesia. Is there an actor that inspires your life as an actor?

Ah~ great question Ira Rahmawati.
I actually took a break from acting in 2013. I was resting, though the movie “11:00 AM” was playing in theatres. I actually shot that movie 2 years earlier. I asked myself why am I acting? I’m not really getting anything out of it. I was in a personal slump.

Last year in particular, there were a lot of Leonardo Dicaprio films out: “Django Unchained”, “The Great Gatsby”, and the more recent “Wolf On Wall Street”. There’s also “Titanic” and “What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?”. He’s been acting since he was in his teens until now, at age 40. There’s life that just exudes from his face. As I watched his face in his movies, he helped passion to blossom in me. Leonardo Dicaprio! Not Leonardo Davinci. Leonardo Dicaprio!

Yes, KBS World Radio listeners, this has been Choi Daniel. I’m working as a radio DJ and drama actor in Korea. I have plans to go to Japan soon to meet with my Japanese fans there. If given the opportunity, I hope to visit Indonesia, Taiwan, China, Thailand, and other countries as well. I’m also waiting for that!

text credit:   KBS
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joobiee

sigh he's just so adorable. dorky. quirky. . how does he manage to be all of those things and still be hot at the same time? I find him so attractive! xD 

Guest tnalvminsun

Dear Daninoters :)

Hi @GHSforever thanks to you sis :) you brought back my memory of CD previous drama "The Musical" which i love so much :) you know, i've been neglecting this thread also for quiet long time
Thanks so much @pechumori for bringing CD news updates and also to @All Dani Friends thank you for keep coming an posting in CD thread :)
me and @GHSforever have been looking for vid on YT where CD and OJS sang HB song "That Man" at KBS cool FM Radio, maybe if Dani Friends can find it, pls share :) thanks
looking forward CD next project and but for now i like to finish watching BM first :)
Take Care Daninoters and Fighting >:D<

tnalvminsun said: Dear Daninoters :)

Hi @GHSforever thanks to you sis :) you brought back my memory of CD previous drama "The Musical" which i love so much :) you know, i've been neglecting this thread also for quiet long time
Thanks so much @pechumori for bringing CD news updates and also to @All Dani Friends thank you for keep coming an posting in CD thread :)
me and @GHSforever have been looking for vid on YT where CD and OJS sang HB song "That Man" at KBS cool FM Radio, maybe if Dani Friends can find it, pls share :) thanks
looking forward CD next project and but for now i like to finish watching BM first :)
Take Care Daninoters and Fighting >:D<

• Like 2

Han Sang Jin and Choi Daniel's bickerings in "Pops Pops"
[article posted last 2014-07-03]
translated by the KJH Philippine Operator

10478677_1451808888410554_14551042403183

Actor Han Sang-jin has appeared in the KBS2 FM radio program of Choi Daniel entitled "Pops Pops" and showed off to the listeners the art of witty conversation.

Last July 3, 2014, Lee Da Hee and Han Sang Jin made guest appearances in Choi Daniel's radio program, "Pops Pops".

Lee Da Hee and Han Sang Jin together with Choi Daniel appeared in the recently concluded KBS2 TV drama, "Big Man" and having this relationship, it was an opportunity to appear on the radio show.

From the beginning of the broadcast, Han Sang Jin told a joke as a warning, "Today, I will expose all about Choi Daniel. This may be a farewell broadcast." He put DJ Choi Daniel on the spot by telling the audience, "if you want to ask questions without hesitation, now is the time" Throughout the broadcast, Han Sang Jin and Choi Daniel's bickering raised laughter from the audience.

Lee Da Hee and Choi Daniel complimented Han Sang Jin's performance so, When the song "Take on Me" by A-Ha was played, he seemed to dance with merriment.

In addition, to prevent the audience from concentrating on Han Sang Jin as an enemy in the drama, using the words of Choi Daniel, Han Sang Jin also made the atmosphere light on the set of "Big Man". Showing humor and wit unlike that which he showed in the drama, Han Sang Jin received a favorable reception from the listeners.

credit:  tvreport

• Like 2