Show Off Your Keitai's Thread!

kerpao

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ★★★

I have some questions. I wanted a keitai. And i was wondering if a few people could make some recommendations.

I'm looking for a phone with a camera 8MPs or up. Works in the USA with at&t on 3g perferably but its debatable.

I've NEVER gotten a keitai so i dont want to get the wrong one or make a stupid decision. I thought i would ask here because you all seem to know your stuff. : P

Added stuff that doesn't matter TOO much

-Waterproof

-Lights up on the front

But really those two arn't super important. : P

So help? Please? ^.^

If buying a phone isn't urgent, you might wanna wait for April '11 when the phones are going to be officially unlocked? Though details on how it will be implemented aren't concrete yet but it might be well worth a wait since more models will be available.

Guest ★★★

Hmmm... Well i kinda wanna get one alittle sooner then that... hmmm.

I'm not sure. I'll have a job by then so i should be able to afford one now and then?

I change phones quite often. So i dont know. I suppose i COULD wait.

Ahhh this is hard : P I really wanted a phone i could have with a good camera.

You know,kill two birds with one stone type of deal because i need a new phone and i wanted a nice camera. lol

@★★★ Oh, if that's the case then I reckon 6 months is too long eh. :P

@aw614 Sure. As IonNuke mentioned, the camera ain't too shabby. Definitely above average, though the auto continuous focus could do with some improvements. But just for the camera, I'll pick Sharp over Fujitsu. Sharp allows more user control over the various camera settings such as the ISO settings.

@_YooMi Yup, NTT DoCoMo announced that their phones can be officially unlocked from April 2011, but details haven't been released yet.

Guest ★★★

I was wondering. I see all these videos with phones light up. Like

but in the features of the phone it doesn't show it lights up.

Do you buy these seperately and if thats the case then how much is it and where do i get the lights?

I was wondering. I see all these videos with phones light up. Like

but in the features of the phone it doesn't show it lights up.

Do you buy these seperately and if thats the case then how much is it and where do i get the lights?

These phones are custom modded with custom LED patterns. There's a group out there in Japan that does this and they only accept phones from people in Japan. So you'd have to buy the phone and send it to a friend or family in Japan and have them send it in for the modification.

You're probably looking at stuff like this too:

Guest ★★★

How well do the P-07A, SH-01A, and SH-03A work on at&t?

Any signal issues? And can you add music to these phones?

Just wondering. I was considering to get them because they have 8MP cameras and look cute : p

I wanted to get the 12MP SH-01B which is like my dream phone. <3

However its WAY out of my price range so i thought i would either wait until something better comes along.

Or if nothing does in the next year just get it when i have more money : P

How well do the P-07A, SH-01A, and SH-03A work on at&t?

Any signal issues? And can you add music to these phones?

Just wondering. I was considering to get them because they have 8MP cameras and look cute : p

I wanted to get the 12MP SH-01B which is like my dream phone. <3

However its WAY out of my price range so i thought i would either wait until something better comes along.

Or if nothing does in the next year just get it when i have more money : P

Depending on where you look they can be cheaper than you think.

Signal issues - based on your location and general reception to the cell towers; for example I live within line of sight to the cell phone towers. So I have the best possible situation for reception. But if you can't physically see the towers then reception may differ.

Music - Yeah it's do-able. There's a bajillion guides and walk throughs on other forums like hwz.sg or hofo. You just gotta spend the time to read it.

Last time I saw an SH-03A for like 280 or something like that. 01A was even cheaper b/c it's just old.

Guest ★★★

Well on the scale on at&t i'm in a "best" area. Very great recpetion area because i'm close to a big city.

Therefore i should have a good signal in general right?

Hmmm out of the three which would you recommend?

I didn't know sh-01a was old... i still think its rather cute though. : P

However i'm torn between all three. So opinion?

Ehhhh everytime i look anywhere the sh-01B is around 600-700?

Yeah WAY over my budget : P

But if you have any websites,feel free to post them.

I only have been on ebay : )

Guest ★★★

So between P-07A, SH-01A, and SH-03A which one should i considering getting.

Does one have better features then the other? I'm just curious. I really can't decide.

I feel like i kinda like sh-01a and sh-03a alittle better. However p-07a is still on the list. I'll consider it. I just kinda dont like how the button lay so flat. They seem unresponsive alittle.

Which has a better camera? I really just care about texting, calling, music, and most of all. Photos! : )

Do any have FM radio? Sorry i'm asking so many questions. I tried to look this stuff up and found nothing.

For all the phones it says no MMS... so i can't send video or picture mail?

*cough* sorry for all the questions!

Thank you for answering in advance though : )

Archived