Yes that's why it's intriguing, ninimi. How will they change/adapting a high school comic into adult drama? It's not an easy task. If you do it wrong it can become awkward. Plus how about fans of the comic? Don't they get angry? Luckily the writer is versatile so I believe her. Plus for LYW-JHJ to chose this drama over (I'm sure) many scripts that come for them after long hiatus (esp. JHJ) I'm sure the story must be very appealing. Ninimi, do you know what other dramas Yo Won considered before 49 Days? We know from prissymom JHJ being offered Love Song and Tree With Deep Roots. What about Yo Won? So that we know why she pick this among other roles offered to her (though I guess she's interested in dual persona). Of course I support her every decisions, but it'll be fun to analyze right? :) And did China forum mentioned about comic? Or another stars attached? Oh Chinese people are so lucky, their information are so up to date with Korean. How could they do it? LOL haha.

@phetbeo: Could you tell us where did you find about this drama is an adaptation to Hot Blood Woman comic? :D

@prissymom: As we predicted, 49 Days suddenly pop up in Dramawiki Upcoming KDrama list :D

Oh btw, I already looking for subbing team B) and luckily WITHS2 already including 49 Days in their possible future project (yay! our future is secure for now haha)

http://withs2.com/projects

You can also see there that City Hunter is supposed to be the successor.

And now, after LYW, JHJ, NGR each have their own news piece, it's the turn for Jung Il Woo the cutie: :w00t:

http://media.daum.net/cplist/view.html?cateid=100000&cpid=80&newsid=20110105083207253&p=starnews

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2011010508364943867

From what I can grasp from translator, his role will be kind of a worker in after-life world that help NGR soul to get back in earth for second chance, thus made her possessed LYW body. Looks like as I predicted, he'll be paired with NGR.

And finally the news with (hopefully) final main casts with Bae Soo Bin (he'll be the antagonist, aw) alongside LYW, JHJ, JIW, NGR:

http://tv.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.asp?total_id=4885509&ctg=1502&tm=

So, we have one of star studded drama like Athena or Secret Garden haha. More so if Choi Jung Won take part too (though I assume she and NGR being offered the same role). It must be a big budget production, those are big names hmm...(perhaps except NGR 'coz she still newbie).

hmm, i dunno what other drama Lee Yo Won was offered beside 49 Days, this is the first drama cast for her coming out..

yeah so Jung Il Woo and Bae So Bin is comfirmed... goooddd....

but reading today's news said that Yowon won't participate.. hzzzzzz...

we have to anticipate our exitement... ;)

이요원, '49일'로 안방극장 복귀? '사실무근'

ch_1294117862_1266594546_0.jpg

배우 이요원의 안방극장 복귀설이 사실무근인 것으로 밝혀졌다.

한 언론매체는 4일(오늘) 이요원이 SBS 드라마 ‘싸인’ 후속으로 오는 3월께 방송 예정인 ‘49일’(가제)에 캐스팅됐다고 최초 보도했다.

‘49일’은 ‘찬란한 유산’ ‘검사 프린세스’ 등을 집필한 소현경 작가의 작품으로, 극 중 이요원은 교통사고로 혼수상태에 빠진 지연(남규리)의 영혼이 들어가는 인물 송이경 역을 맡았다고 보도됐다.

이에 이요원의 소속사인 지티비 엔터테인먼트 측은 “현재 영화와 드라마를 놓고 고심 중에 있다”며 “아직 확정된 건 없다”고 드라마 출연 사실에 대해 반박했다.

한편, 이요원은 최근 영화 ‘된장’에서 희대의 살인마를 홀린 된장의 달인녀 장혜진 역을 맡아 호연을 펼친 바 있다.

http://news.nate.com/view/20110104n12846

Ohh this so confusing....

hufff... so confirmed or not?

QSD, i havent visited chinesse net..hehhehe

yeah i dunno where they got info, but almost info that i got and shared and any tidbits, come from the chinesse net...hehehehe

It’s mysterious.  The link from Cahay said it was confirmed from the 5 actors but the English didn’t mention all the 5 stars like Korean news.   Will have to analyze more on this…  I think until there is a press conf from the productions or the stars themselves appearances, we can’t confirm anything at this moment.

BTW, the confirmed news was on the 5th but the one from Phetbeo and English were on the 4th, so...

You can check the English one on soompi which is on the main page.

News from naver also confirms the 5 stars..

ohh , the news phetbeo posted, i think i have seen it yesterday in naver search, but i just ignored it coz i think that's the same content about LYW' comeback to screen.

really it was yesterday, and i didn't really got the meaning.

but today's news , 09.00 Jan 05 2011, said 5 stars are confirmed...

haaaa... i still hope and believe in our exitement... LOL

Lee Yo Won, Jo Hyun Jae, Jung Il Woo, Nam Gyu Rii, Bae Soo Bin, SBS '49 Days' starring confirmed

2011년 01월 05일 오전 08:58

1294156235360_1.jpg

o Hyun Jae, Lee Yo Won, Jung Il-woo, namgyuri, the SBS new trees in an empty drainage Drama '49 a (tentative title) has been confirmed in the appearing.

SBS drama, an official of the State on the 5th Joy News 24, "Jo Hyun Jae - Lee Yo Won - woo - namgyuri - Drainage bin, '49 Days' starring in," he said.

PSY - starring Kim Ah 'sign' successor will be broadcast around October 3 '49 Days' home theater in a long time to find a toxic conspicuous stars. Jo Hyun Jae, Lee Yo Won, Jong Woo, the hero is.

Jo Hyun Jae throughout the year in June '49 with a small comeback in the first 'built confirmed. Jo Hyun Jae 10 days from the pole sinjihyeon (namgyuri minutes) and share the love sinjihyeon putputhan soul haunting a songyigyeong (yiyowon minutes) and starred on a strangely mixed up river.

Yiyowon the MBC ' queen 'after about 1 year and 3 months after the comeback with home theater. Lee Yo Won the '49 days' in the cluster over the soul of sinjihyeon binguidoen songyigyeong, 1, 2 fire stations and is expected to showcase the charm pole and the pole.

'My Fair Lady' after 1 year, 6 months to return to the home theater JungIlWoo '49 days' in the handsome boatman starred. JungIlWoo heartwarming appeal is expected to shake up the home theater-Woman 's depth.

1294156236485_2.jpg

Yiyowon in charge of the heroine with a namgyurineun '49 'will play the first expression juyeonjak reported. wedding ahead accident in a coma state fell sinjihyeon Conversely, significant impact on the overall pole is a man.

MBC 'dawn to after the film '49 Days' decision to empty the drainage appeared in South namgyuriui engagement, ambition is a bad man will yeolyeonhal.

The '49 days' jumalgeuk the SBS 'family honor' assistant director in charge of joyounggwang PD and the brilliant heritage ',' test Princess 'sohyeongyeong writer, famous for holding hands in the work, traffic accidents, one fell into a coma The three men love women's tears and the story has survived obtain.

Source : http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=700200&g_serial=541223&rrf=nv

Hmmm... why suddenly there's shocking news? :sweatingbullets:

When I posted those news I'm already sure that those 5 stars are final, b'coz the story and each character descriptions in today news are very detailed, eventhough it's true that only Jung Il Woo at this point make an official statement. Perhaps the vaguest one are Bae Soo Bin, b'coz we haven't see his news turn (the other 4 each have their personal news article).

Phetbeo, could you tell us where you get the info about "Yowon declined the role b'coz she must share the lead role with NGR?" It sounds very unpleasant & make Yowon seems like arrogant/petty actress :unsure: Besides, in the news, it said the leads are JHJ-LYW-JIL, with 3 pics of them above and then below, we see NGR & BSB pics (so we can assume both will be supporting cast).

Or perhaps, Yowon and BSB were the last one to sign the contract. Maybe they both did it today and the other 3 yesterday. So when the news came yesterday, they only mentioned 3 names. And today, when LYW-BSB finally signed, the latest news included them too.

LOL, really the news is shocking , Cahya :P

Yeah, phetbeo, i hope it's just miss-translated, becoz seeing the date, the more uptodate info is today's news with all the 5 casts confirm.

the rumours about LYW-JHJ of this drama come the first after all.

before, we're just doubt wether JHJ will confirm or not looking at the news of drama LOVE SONG he used to casts, but JHJ seems now confirm.

and the news of LYW decline , i think it's just miss-interpretation.

Moreover, the Male Stars (Jo Hyun Jae,Bae Soo Bin, Jung Il Woo) i think are all popular more than Nam Gyu Ri, i think it's awkward to only cast NGR as the lead Female despite another Big Star like Lee Yo Won participated.. :)

yupp.. it seems arrogant if it said she doesn't wanna share as lead cast..

Now we just need to wait for all the other 4 to confirm it themselves. 10asiae only wrote about Jung Il Woo I think b'coz he's the only one right now who already confirm it himself. We haven't heard from 4 others directly.

AsianMediaWiki now listed 49 Days in their web, with character names and story:

http://asianmediawiki.com/49_Days_%282011-Korean_Drama%29

Hi, welcome to LYW's thread.

Natsanmi, nice to hear from you again. Happy New Year!

Well, what's this SHOCKING news??? Thanks Ninimi for the updates.

Anyway, I hope the show will go on with our LYW. Here's my speculation of the drama based on what I read in the manga.

I am now reading the Hot Blooded Woman manga & based on what I have just read, it seems the drama would be a romantic-comedy. I think LYW would be the main heroine if she is taking the role of the person that was possessed. She has two characters in the drama (this is probably what Ninimi had read in the news), the Aram who is from a rich family, very beautiful, smart, well behaved, sickly (suffering from severe anemia & has a heart problem) & is bullied at school. The other character is when she was possessed by NGR spirit who is very strong, boyish & always fights with anybody ( I think here we would be seeing LYW's persona like in AFRIKA & Take Care of My Cat). So if they are going to show these in the drama, LYW would be playing diverse personalities. She & NGR will be fighting with guys so there will be some actions (martial arts).

In the manga, Haji (the role w/c NGR will be taking) appeared in the first half of the first chapter then she got into an accident, then something happened in the other world & when her spirit came back she was in Aram's (LYW) body. From there onward Haji (NGR) will be Aram (LYW). Here the transformation is so funny, I can imagine LYW doing it.

I haven't finished the book yet so I don't know what NGR else will do in the drama, but I am sure she will not be sleeping all the time.

In the drama there's a death bringer, I think it's the role Jung Il Woo will be playing (thanks Cahya for the updates). He's role will be to guide NGR spirit who is in LYW's body. So he will be with LYW all the time. These two also are so funny. Hope both of them will have a good chemistry together here.

I am not sure yet about JHJ's role. Maybe he will be playing the role of Sin Uo, a rich handsome guy, cold & hates Aram so much. He's the head of the school council & allows everyone to bully Aram. He & Aram (with NGR spirit) will have lots of fight.

Maybe BSB will be playing Hanseo, the guy who is so in-love with Aram & is following her all the time. He's the first disciple of Aram, these two are also funny.

If Choi Jung Won joins them I think she will be playing the elite girl who is always with Sin Uo & also bully Aram. I think she will be Aram's rival for Sin Uo's attention

So far from what I have read, it is very fascinating. I think the success of this drama would depend on how the script is prepared, how the director directs it & the how the cast will perform their roles. Hope the cast & crew of this drama will be like the cast & crew of QSD where there was great & wonderful unity & coordination that led to its success.

Also, I am still wondering about the three teardrops of tears so I have to finish the manga. With NGR spirit in LYW's body, it will be hard to get three people to cry for her...lol, she's so strong!

Hmmm... why suddenly there's shocking news? :sweatingbullets:

When I posted those news I'm already sure that those 5 stars are final, b'coz the story and each character descriptions in today news are very detailed, eventhough it's true that only Jung Il Woo at this point make an official statement. Perhaps the vaguest one are Bae Soo Bin, b'coz we haven't see his news turn (the other 4 each have their personal news article).

Phetbeo, could you tell us where you get the info about "Yowon declined the role b'coz she must share the lead role with NGR?" It sounds very unpleasant & make Yowon seems like arrogant/petty actress :unsure: Besides, in the news, it said the leads are JHJ-LYW-JIL, with 3 pics of them above and then below, we see NGR & BSB pics (so we can assume both will be supporting cast).

Or perhaps, Yowon and BSB were the last one to sign the contract. Maybe they both did it today and the other 3 yesterday. So when the news came yesterday, they only mentioned 3 names. And today, when LYW-BSB finally signed, the latest news included them too.

I think your news was more up to date which was on the 5th. I was shocked to see "Yowon declined the role b'coz she must share the lead role with NGR?" posted by Phetbeo. Yes, it sounds like Yowon is arrogant but I don't think she is, evidently from the interviews and clips that I've seen.

Now we just need to wait for all the other 4 to confirm it themselves. 10asiae only wrote about Jung Il Woo I think b'coz he's the only one right now who already confirm it himself. We haven't heard from 4 others directly.

AsianMediaWiki now listed 49 Days in their web, with character names and story:

http://asianmediawiki.com/49_Days_%282011-Korean_Drama%29

wow thanks Cahya, so Asian Media Wiki has got it.... good !!!

it has no chance that LYW will declice... heheh

Hi, welcome to LYW's thread.

Natsanmi, nice to hear from you again. Happy New Year!

Well, what's this SHOCKING news??? Thanks Ninimi for the updates.

Anyway, I hope the show will go on with our LYW. Here's my speculation on the drama base on what I read in the manga.

I  am now reading the Hot Blooded Woman manga  & based on what I have  just read, it seems the drama would be a romantic-comedy. I think LYW  would be the main heroine if she is taking the role of the person that  was possessed. She has two characters in the drama (this is probably  what Ninimi had read in the news), the Aram who is from a rich  family, very beautiful, smart, well behaved, sickly (suffering from  severe anemia & has a heart problem) & is bullied at school. The  other character is when she was possessed by NGR spirit who is very  strong, boyish & always fights with anybody ( I think here we would  be seeing LYW's persona like in AFRIKA & Take Care of My Cat). So if  they are going to show these in the drama, LYW would be playing diverse  personalities. She & NGR will be fighting with guys so there will  be some actions (martial arts).

In the manga, Haji (the role w/c  NGR will be taking) appeared in the first half of the first chapter then  she got into an accident, then something happened in the other world  & when her spirit came back she was in Aram's (LYW) body. From there  onward Haji (NGR) will be Aram (LYW). Here the transformation is so  funny, I can imagine LYW doing it.

I haven't finished the book  yet so I don't know what NGR else will do in the drama, but I am sure  she will not be sleeping all the time.

In the drama there's a death bringer, I think it's the role Jung Il Woo will be playing (thanks Cahya  for the updates). He's role will be to guide NGR spirit who is in LYW's  body. So he will be with LYW all the time. These two also are so funny.  Hope both of them will have a good chemistry together here.

I am  not sure yet about JHJ's role. Maybe he will be playing the role of Sin  Uo, a rich handsome guy, cold & hates Aram so much. He's the head  of the school council & allows everyone to bully Aram. He & Aram  (with NGR spirit) will have lots of fight.

Maybe BSB will be  playing Hanseo, the guy who is so in-love with Aram & is following  her all the time. He's the first disciple of Aram, these two are also  funny.

If Choi Jung Won joins them I think she will be playing  the elite girl who is always with Sin Uo & also bully Aram. I think  she will be Aram's rival for Sin Uo's attention

So far from what I  have read, it is very fascinating. I think the success of this drama  would depend on how the script is prepared, how the director directs it  & the how the cast will perform their roles. Hope the cast &  crew of this drama will be like the cast & crew of QSD where there  was great & wonderful unity & coordination that led to its  success.

Also, I am still wondering about the three teardrops of  tears so I have to finish the manga. With NGR spirit in LYW's body, it  will be hard to get three people to cry for her...lol, she's so strong!

Thanks so much Nikachan.  Is it a Japanese manga? It sounds very interesting story.

@QSD: Yeah I'm sure she doesn't think like that. But if that was really the rumor, then I feel sad for Yo Won. Korean media/netizen often very harsh toward their celebrities. Yo Won herself, as we know, experienced it a few times already. But this is very cruel, it can destroy Yo Won's reputation. <_<

I really hope she will take this drama. First I only happy that finally Yo Won will be back in series drama, so I'm not really think about the drama itself. But now, after read AsianMediaWiki description, I realized this drama will be very interesting and have many potentials.

@ninimi: I really hope so. But still, we must take precaution b'coz K Drama casting always full of changes, sometimes even in the last minutes! Even though you already filmed a few scenes, you can still be taken out.

I think we better start make the drama thread after Yo Won really confirmed it or start filming, to avoid any uncertainty :D

I just googled, it's Korean manga.  Now I'm going to read it too later.

@Cahya:  I hope it's not a rumor but a misinterpretation from translating to another language by google or whatever.