On 4/18/2018 at 10:20 AM, vaiduakhu said:

Finally, I started EOG re-watching... and first ep is so so tensely good. I think the drama was underrated at the time of its airing. If it were aired in Korea now when Gov corruption and chaebol groups' manipulation in the economy and politics are hot topic there, maybe it would get the popularity it deserves. 

I forget almost all details though, lol... :lol: this is my first re-watching after its on-air time. I only remember the main characters and who are CSY's enemies and hidden enemies.  

Duh, I get why QSD can't forgive TJ... this man made my blood boil at the very beginning of ep1. How could he ask the woman, who loved him deeply, to sell her body to the bastard Congressman? then seduced her to take the crime charge for him? and I believe he will make my blood boil more in upcoming eps.

Many things I was confused at in ep1:

1. What was the negotiation which Min Jae was so concerned abt when it was broken off by SY's dad? it was the negotiation abt the old building which TJ's dad and other protesters were trying to get full compensation back? 

2. why before the shareholder meeting, CSY ordered her assistant to cut off all the communication lines to the meeting room, but Min Jae could call the doctor to ask abt her Dad's health status? that doctor was corrupted too...  

3. were MJ and SY's step-mom already on the same boat when SY's dad was in ICU after his brain operation? they both acted so smoothly about "unable to send a plane to France to pick up the doctors because plane is used for business purpose only as Chairman's command". Duh... 

Admit the drama went a bit too fast... my brain couldn't get used to its speed yet. :D 

In overall, I had a good time, didn't think the rewatching could be this interesting. Btw, I prefer SY's hairstyle in ep1 than hers after she took over her dad's power. They wanted to do a transforming in her character from a daddy girl to a sophisticating businesswoman? 

I checked back on my response to this question that I’d posted before, and it isn’t right. 

Yes, MJ’s concern was about the negotiation of that old building.

• Like 1

Finally at episode 10 lol.

When I first watched this series years ago, I hated a lot of characters mainly because they were against SY but now that I am re-watching, I can feel for some of the characters, although I still hate TJ and felt so frustrated with his wife just letting him abuse her.

And yeah, I can now see the plot holes that's mostly happens in the business plot of this drama though what really excites me is the rivalry of the characters against each other. I was so frustrated to see TJ and MJ looking as if they are winning and SY is struggling with so much problems as if no matter what she does, something will always happen to make her lose and that everything is just going on TJ's way. (although I don't hate MJ as much as I hate TJ).

Off to watch episode 11.

4 hours ago, QSD said:

What a pleasant surprise there’s news of her potential comeback project!  I didn’t expect to see on the weekend.  Nothing much info other than it’s a medical romance series for MBC.  It’s scheduled to air in July.  The actor Ji Hyun Woo is in discussion for the male lead.  There isn’t a writer or PD attached to it yet.  And, of course, it’s a waiting period to hear what she’s gonna say in coming days…

Source

You mean to say LYW will have new project in MBC again?

and OMG! I was just thinking of Ji Hyun Woo the other day while thinking which actor will I like to be partnered with her. I like JHW in Queen and I drama, though I am not into medical drama but I would love to see the two of them.

Yanki, that’s if she accepts the offer.  Hope they would release info of her character, synopsis and writer/PD of the drama in the next few days.  Then we can start discuss further.  Right now I’m struggling to decipher of its title name.  Is there any kind soul to help us out here with these magnificent codes -사생결단 로맨스?

3 hours ago, QSD said:

Yanki, that’s if she accepts the offer.  Hope they would release info of her character, synopsis and writer/PD of the drama in the next few days.  Then we can start discuss further.  Right now I’m struggling to decipher of its title name.  Is there any kind soul to help us out here with these magnificent codes -사생결단 로맨스?

Literal translation of that is A Life-or-Death Decision Romance.

• Thanks 2

Found more info on the project.  It will be written by two writers...

Kim Nam Hee who has penned Cheese in the Trap, Tree of Heaven and Stairway to Heaven, while Heo Seung Min has written a 3-episode drama called “There is a Blue Bird” and a movie named "90 Minutes."

The PD is Lee Chang Han, and his past works are I Need Romance and Star in my Heart.

The drama is about a surgeon and an endocrinologist.

So, is Yowon a surgeon?

• Thanks 1

Maybe one of them is sick and the other one had to treat that person so the life of his/her lover depends on him/her? LOL

Maybe LYW is the endocrinologist the guy had some problem and visit her for treatment.

Seems like Medical dramas is still popular in Korea... a lot of them still make it. MBC just had one with HJW (Hospital Ship) though ratings wasn't good.

On 29/4/2018 at 12:59 PM, QSD said:

What a pleasant surprise there’s news of her potential comeback project!  I didn’t expect to see on the weekend.  Nothing much info other than it’s a medical romance series for MBC.  It’s scheduled to air in July.  The actor Ji Hyun Woo is in discussion for the male lead.  There isn’t a writer or PD attached to it yet.  And, of course, it’s a waiting period to hear what she’s gonna say in coming days…

Source

I just came back from my physically and mentally exhausting trip... and this news makes me alive, I guess. 

From our previous experience, the possibility is high. Another medical drama with MBC is unexpected to me. But romance genre may comfort Yanki and Samecut over the fact that it's a MBC drama. 

I checked the potential male lead's profile, and he's younger than LYW, so, maybe it's a noona - dongsaeng romance? :lol:

• LOL 1

12 hours ago, QSD said:

Found more info on the project.  It will be written by two writers...

Kim Nam Hee who has penned Cheese in the Trap, Tree of Heaven and Stairway to Heaven, while Heo Seung Min has written a 3-episode drama called “There is a Blue Bird” and a movie named "90 Minutes."

The PD is Lee Chang Han, and his past works are I Need Romance and Star in my Heart.

The drama is about a surgeon and an endocrinologist.

So, is Yowon a surgeon?

I checked the 2 writers and their works, and found Cheese in the Trap and Stairway to Heaven were popular romance dramas. Hope the drama has a good script and gets a nod from LYW soon. 

If that's the case, my bet goes for LYW as endocrinologist and the male lead as surgeon. I guess the title "A Life-or-Death Decision Romance" is abt the arguments between surgeons and endocrinologists. In the hospital, many times, there are conflicts between surgeons and physicians (medicine practitioners or non-surgeons) abt the treatment protocol for different cases, because surgeons mean to cut the patients open, while physicians mainly use medicines. There are both advantages and disadvantages of each method. Sometimes, it's not necessary to cut the patients open, but in other cases, surgery is the fastest way to heal patients. Many arrogant surgeons believe that they are more superior than physicians because their training process takes way longer time. 

Besides, the life-or-death decision in the hospital is not all abt medical issue, but political and doctors' pride issues too. Interesting!

LYW used to play surgeon in SBHD, so I think she will consider endocrinologist role. 

PS: Currently, there is an US medical series "the resident", talking abt the conflict inside the hospital abt medical practice as a business. 

• Like 2

There is news abt the drama in Soompi, here

I foresaw this: :lol:

//quote//

Later a source from Lee Yo Won’s agency, Management Koo, stated to another media outlet, “‘Life-and-Death Romance’ is one of many casting offers Lee Yo Won has received. It is the project she has most recently received, so she is still in the process of reviewing it. She is reviewing various projects at the moment and has not decided on anything as of yet.”

//unquote//

And this is the drama thread  Not sure if it's official, but you guys should mark the page, in case LYW joins, we all jump into the thread. LOL

• Like 2

Guess the casting news will come out soon, hopefully this week. The drama is supposed to be aired after "Partners for Justice", whose last ep is on July-3, its casting must be done soon, so that they can start the scrip-reading and filming sessions. 

Yanki, did you watch MBC's hospital ship? how was the sub releasing? MBC is not cable station, I hope Netflix won't get involved and subbing sites will get license. Otherwise, we fan will be miserable as subbing a medical drama is a hella work with medical terms... 

2 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

Guess the casting news will come out soon, hopefully this week. The drama is supposed to be aired after "Partners for Justice", whose last ep is on July-3, its casting must be done soon, so that they can start the scrip-reading and filming sessions. 

Yanki, did you watch MBC's hospital ship? how was the sub releasing? MBC is not cable station, I hope Netflix won't get involved and subbing sites will get license. Otherwise, we fan will be miserable as subbing a medical drama is a hella work with medical terms... 

No need for doing subbing anymore.  Guess she rejected.  Someone else confirmed already.

Source

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Oh... then, back to waiting time, guys. :( 

Good news from this is we know she received many scripts and considered. Maybe, she doesn't feel this medical script and wanna try a different role. 

Ok, I will continue re-watching EOG in the meantime. I'm still at ep3. Which ep are you at? I'm left too far behind... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vaiduakhu said:

I'm still at ep3. Which ep are you at? I'm left too far behind... 

I left on episode 15... will continue it's a bit hard to watch 1 episode for day so I am saving the rest of the episodes for the weekend (if I can)

I still feel sorry for SY's brother... he was just a victim.. of his mother's ambition and now SY even used him. I really wish he hadn't and he just let him go in the US when he was willing to give up everything and give it all to her.

Sad that LYW didn't accept it but I also felt a bit relief... I still don't feel good with MBC with her lol. She's receiving so many works but maybe she still wanted to take a rest or still can't see anything she like that's why she couldn't choose from any of them.