Thanks everyone for the updates. I find this so amusing. This drama hasn't started yet, but we already have many questions. Who will fall into coma & who are the three who will be crying? Will it be tear-jearking or a comedy... I can't wait for this drama to come out.

Phetbeo, LYW is so beautiful in that photo, thanks.

I am re-posting the article for additional info. See last paragraph...

Jo Hyun Jae’s comeback drama – SBS’s “49 days” on Wednesdays & Thursdays

Star News original article 2011-01-04 11:54

Actor Jo Hyun Jae returns to TV as the protagonist in a new SBS drama “49 Days” (working title).

Jo Hyun Jae’s new drama ”49 Days” is scheduled to broadcast in March on SBS, following “Sign”.

“49 Days” production staff tells Star News on Jan. 4 morning: “Jo Hyun Jae’s comeback drama has been decided. The agreement appears to be verbal and the contract is under preparation.”

Jo Hyun Jae was discharged on June 19, 2010 and has chosen to return to the entertainment world with “49 Days”. It has been nearly three years since his last drama on KBS2 “3 Dads/1 Mom” was aired in May 2008.

“49 Days” is the work of scriptwriter So Hyun Kyung whose previous dramas “A Brilliant Legacy” and “Prosecutor Princess” have all been winners. The story is about a woman who falls into a coma for 49 days after a car accident, and who can only be reincarnated if there are three people (apart from her parents) to cry for her three genuine/sincere drops of tears.

JHJ plays a character who is involved in a complex, entangled relationship with the coma victim (to be played by Nam Gyu Ri) and the woman into whose body her soul is to enter (to be played by Lee Yo Won.)

조현재, 전역후 SBS새수목 ‘49일’로 전격 컴백

스타뉴스 원문 기사전송 2011-01-04 11:54

[머니투데이 스타뉴스 김지연 기자]

배우 조현재가 SBS 새 수목드라마 ‘49일’(가제) 남자주인공으로 안방극장에 컴백한다.

조현재는 SBS가 ‘싸인’ 후속으로 오는 3월께 방송 예정인 ‘49일’에 캐스팅됐다.

‘49일’ 제작 관계자는 4일 오전 머니투데이 스타뉴스에 “조현재가 컴백 복귀작으로 ‘49일’을 결정했다”며 “물론 아직 계약서에 도장을 찍지 않았지만 구두로 출연을 합의하고 준비 중”이라고 밝혔다.

이로써 조현재는 지난해 6월19일 전역 후 ‘49일’로 복귀한다. 안방복귀는 입대 전 2008년 5월 종영한 KBS 2TV ‘아빠셋 엄마하나’ 이후 3년여 만이다.

‘49일’은 ‘찬란한 유산’ ‘검사 프린세스’ 등으로 필력을 인정받은 소현경 작가의 작품. 교통사고로 혼수상태에 빠진 한 여인이 49일 안에 부모를 제외하고 자신을 위해 진심으로 울어줄 3명의 눈물 3방울을 얻으면 다시 살아난다는 얘기를 다루고 있다.

조현재는 극중 교통사고로 혼수상태에 빠진 지연(남규리 분)의 영혼이 들어간 송이경(이요원 분)과 얽히고설킨 관계를 형성할 한강을 연기할 예정이다.

credit: English translation by wuliJHJ at http://jo-hyun-jae.com

ninimi, yeah after I think more, this could be a comedy as well, with the interaction between the possessed and people around her. Plus Brilliant L and Prosecutor P def. wasn't tear jerker, with BL lean towards drama more and PP thicker with comedy aspect. But both featured some jobs/works story. Body swapped story isn't new (with Ha Ji Won Secret Garden still airing) but the 3 people tears makes it intriguing. We got 3 possible actresses already so now I want to hear more actor names. We only had Hyun Jae so far :lol: I hope it'll be at least 20 eps. Two of main stars had been absent too long to be just in 16 eps drama for their comeback. For them to choose this, it must be a really captivating story.

Thanks prissymom *breathing sigh of relief* turns out YoWon will portray the possessed one (erases the fear of just see her lying in bed :sweatingbullets:)

JHJ plays a character who is involved in a complex, entangled relationship with the coma victim (to be played by Nam Gyu Ri) and the woman into whose body her soul is to enter (to be played by Lee Yo Won.)

Thanks for this prissymom, so at least we know now who will be this & that. Hmm...LYW playing possessed, can't wait to see her act that.

Yupp !! thanks to prissymom, for the translation, it really helps ! :w00t:

ohhh so JHJ will be involved in that two woman?hmm... i guess, his girlfriend is Yowon, but becoz the Nam Gyu Ri's soul come into his girlfriend's soul, she changed a lot from the way she used to be.

heheh... that is my speculation :D

yeah about boddy-swapped, it already in Secret Garden, but it's man and woman, this is just woman to woman,

and the 3 person 3 tear drops, i still can't figure out ... ^_^

Oh i hope this is longer than just 20 episodes Cahya.. B)

nikachan, it has been clear now who will be as coma woman.

QSD, haaa... you don't need to worry anymore.. LOL

QSD, haaa... you don't need to worry anymore.. LOL

LOL... it makes no sense if Yowon was just lying on bed with no interactions with anybody as for her comeback role, after taking a whole dang year off on vacation.

@ninimi: Or it could be JHJ's girlfriend will be the one in coma, but he meet another woman who will remind him so much of her GF. After her GF awake (either with her own soul or with other woman soul), he'll be torn between them :lol: I know it sounds very cliche, but I can't help to partake in this speculation, haha it's funny.

I also hope this drama can be as long as possible, but SBS already had "City Hunter" with Lee Min Ho as 49 Days substitute, so I dunno...

@QSD: Yeah I agree haha, no way a role like that for more than 1 yrs upcoming drama. Besides, this may sounds unfair to Nam Gyu Ri, but Yo Won is certainly much bigger actress, with lead role guaranteed for her every projects since years ago. So for NGR to get main role while Yo Won got to lying in coma is unthinkable.

Nam Gyu Ri

"http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63067&view=findpost&p=16799993"]*quoted image*

Thanks Phetbeo. It's my first time to know Nam Gyu Ri. She's beautiful.

Why has she stopped singing? It will be my first time to see her act. Is this her first time?

Hope the whole cast of this drama will have a good chemistry together.

"I also hope this drama can be as long as possible, but SBS already had "City Hunter" with Lee Min Ho as 49 Days substitute, so I dunno..."

what does this mean Cahya? I am not familiar at how things run with Korean TV dramas

@ninimi: Or it could be the woman in coma that will be JHJ's girlfriend, but he meet another woman who will remind him so much of her GF. After her GF awake (either with her own soul or with other woman soul), he'll be torn between them :lol: I know it sounds very cliche, but I can't help to partake in this speculation, haha it's funny.

I was going to say that but you are faster than me.

Jo Hyun Jae

[http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=63067&view=findpost&p=16799993"]*quoted image*

And it will be my first time to see JHJ in normal clothes. I've seen him only in period drama costume. It will be fun to watch.

And speaking of being possessed, I remember The Gumiho's Revenge where one of the child was possessed with the spirit of the other child. The acting was impressive. And yes Cahya, there was a kissing scene of the young actors there that bothered most of the viewers. Hmm...Asian becoming too liberal? I think I'd like to stick to being conservative.

yupp... this will be funny, she possesed someone else.

maybe the come woman has such naughty character, remember , Nam Gyu Ri's age is still considering young, while maybe yowon roles as woman at her real age, 30s...

hmmmm... this must be funny... :w00t:

from Cahya

Thanks prissymom *breathing sigh of relief* turns out YoWon will portray the possessed one (erases the fear of just see her lying in bed :sweatingbullets:)

haaa, Cahya i breath sight with you, LOL

QSD, yeah really not make sense for her just lying on the bed, she'd better do it at home..LOL

"I also hope this drama can be as long as possible, but SBS already had "City Hunter" with Lee Min Ho as 49 Days substitute, so I dunno..."

what does this mean Cahya? I am not familiar at how things run with Korean TV dramas

nika, in prissymom news link yesterday (the one with SBS lining up drama in 2011), with translator I find that after 49 Days, SBS planning to air "City Hunter" (based from Hojo Tsukasa manga) with LMH play Saeba Ryo. Sometimes episodes number of drama can be extended esp. if the ratings are great, but not many. And if they already decide what drama to be air next, that usually means the predecessor's episode numbers won't change much. Example: Sungkyunkwan Scandal, I read they wanted the extension but couldn't b'coz Mary Stayed Out already ready to be aired.

@QSD: Yeah I agree haha, no way a role like that for more than 1 yrs upcoming drama. Besides, this may sounds unfair to Nam Gyu Ri, but Yo Won is certainly much bigger actress, with lead role guaranteed for her every projects since years ago. So for NGR to get main role while Yo Won got to lying in coma is unthinkable.

Oh yeah I noticed that since Yowon came back acting after the marriage, all Yowon's roles are lead roles... like Fashion 70's, SBDH, BL, and QSD.  The story focused on her.

nika, in prissymom news link yesterday (the one with SBS lining up drama in 2011), with translator I find that after 49 Days, SBS planning to air "City Hunter" (based from Hojo Tsukasa manga) with LMH play Saeba Ryo. Sometimes episodes number of drama can be extended esp. if the ratings are great, but not many. And if they already decide what drama to be air next, that usually means the predecessor's episode numbers won't change much. Example: Sungkyunkwan Scandal, I read they wanted the extension but couldn't b'coz Mary Stayed Out already ready to be aired.

Oh, I see. I understand now. Thanks Cahya. Hope our 49 will get a longer episodes.

The next info we're going to get is how many episodes for the series then we can estimate how many more it could add.  :D

QSD, yeah really not make sense for her just lying on the bed, she'd better do it at home..LOL

You'd think too far.  :lol:

Thanks Phetbeo. It's my first time to know Nam Gyu Ri. She's beautiful.

Why has she stopped singing? It will be my first time to see her act. Is this her first time?

Hope the whole cast of this drama will have a good chemistry together.

on my seacrh, i found that Nam Gyu Ri also stars SBS Drama 2010 "Life Is Beautiful" and if I'm not mistaken she got Newcomer Award for that, you may try to visit SBS Award 2010 Thread to make sure.. :D

I was going to say that but you are faster than me.

LOL :P :P

Ohh.. so City Hunter has been sceduled after 49 days, it's Ok..

i hope this will be a great drama, and leaves impression to the viewers, like Surgeon Bong Dal Hee did..it was short, but sooo many viewers want sequel... :)

yeah of course for LYW's record, she can't be second lead female for drama, exept in When Romance Meets Destiny, but it still, the leads are all guys, actually she's still the lead female.

Nam Gyu Ri, this is for her consequence for new comer.

Oh yeah I noticed that since Fashion 70's, all Yowon's roles are lead roles... like SBDH, BL and QSD. The story focused on her.

Yupp QSD, not from Fashion70s actually, but from Blue Mist, the controversioan role for her..

yeah of course for LYW's record, she can't be second lead female for drama, exept in When Romance Meets Destiny, but it still, the leads are all guys, actually she's still the lead female.

Nam Gyu Ri, this is for her consequence for new comer.

Yupp QSD, not from Fashion70s actually, but from Blue Mist, the controversioan role for her..

You're right Ninimi.  You're the masterful info of Yowon.