[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2009] 宮心計/ Gong Sum Gai / Beyond The Realm Of Conscience (hk Versio

XxVietGurlxX

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ yea, I see the people getting nominated for awards but not getting them. Even though BTROC is one of the bigger productions this year, I sort of see the people from Rosy Business (巾幗梟雄) more likely to get the awards, cause that was seriously one epic drama.

I just finished episode 19 last night, have to wait until Monday for the next episode -_- I'm guessing Char is going to become a concubine soon? cause Kevin's going on some mission/trip thing, so I'm guessing that's when he disappears or something and Char marries Mose (from what I've read on this thread XD)

Just watched the bit where Choi xiang gong (however you spell it) leaves the palace. That was a bit wtf in my opinion. She's like dying and Samho asks permission for her to leave, I mean... wouldn't it be much smarter just to stay in the palace. Cause she can't leave with anything from the palace (like her clothes and accessories) and she has no family members outside the palace. I was just like :blink: You get what I'm saying.

I know this was also a few episodes ago, but did anyone find Rosanne Lui's death really random?

Guest JJ no Baka

^ For them, its better going back to your hometown and die there than in the palace and getting cremated and getting your ashes thrown down a well.

Guest chubbygirl1

Whoever wants to watch with subs, This uploader is FASTTTTT. The subs is up to 16 now: RenHongKongDramas

Yayaya, let's have fun next year 8D (anyone hear that she wants to play a villain role now tooo, like the roles in BTROC. Honestly don't think she could pull it off, especially with her voice; kind of high and weak)

Chloe C- no kidding? :wacko: lol, I appreaciate that she wants to play a villian, but..but....she has a bird's VOICE. ugh, she could'nt even scream for goodness. How can she breath fire, graaah. Mayb she wants to have same limelight Tavia been getting that hav left Char in the dust.

Wayne and Sharon both DESERVE the awards. If they don't recieve it, it'll def enrage the whole entertainment stars and viewers. Tavia may be good, but she's no where near ititibitie bit of Sharon greatness.

getting on the topic, or else get whacked by the Mod. lol, i see wat most of use doing here, half on half off topic. This is fun. kakak

i hav so many problem with the drama, listing them out probly going to exhausted all my nerves and burst my poor tiny wittle veins out. Ughhghgh *shaking head uncontrolably*

Anyways, Yah. Gam Ling is EVAAAL. She gets really defensive and protective of herself which is reasonable. But how cunning when she make the first move and pour the blame on Selina mom. (i believe we going to see more ruthless schemes of Gamling later on.)

It'll be smart to garner some loyal follower in her intrigue. Is going to be hard going against Char when she becomes a concubine.

Seriously, Selina mayb a richard simmons, but she not using her brain, lol (bytheway, Selina has always been a weak weak actress, she improved, but that's all, don't like the way she talks ughg)She better be on the look out or may get terminate by Gamling,

Guest chloe.c

^

YEAH. Her voice is seriously really weak. Even when she's crying, sometimes her voice comes out...not effective. And more proof when you listen to her sing.

At first, people that support her can use the excuse "she's just trying to protect herself", but clearly with this situation, she cannot. She lost the baby HERSELF and she tried to scheme cuz she wanted to push the blame onto someone else so she wouldn't get in trouble.

You can tell that Selena's character already went through some change cuz she was less rude and definitely was less jealous of Gam Ling and instead was showed more disappointment than jealously/envy.

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

^ i was one of the people that defend Tavia, but now I think she had really step over the line.

In the beginning, her personality is very understandable as she had to built an armor to protect herself and even Sam Ho who were always so eager to be "good" and easy to be bully. Tavia didnt have a mom that told her the virtues like SamHo, she was an orphan and in many ways, she lack self identity. If we put it in a good way, Tavia is practical; she sees things as it is and proceed with caution, and a mean whip. That how Tavia was.

But now she is so overwhelmed with power and hatreds and she is misusing her abilities. Despite being so wicked, Tavia is smart and calculating. In the beginning, she's just using that ability to secure herself a good life or protect herself. She just want pretty clothes, good food and no one to boss her around - and never read too much into what she is putting herself in. But now, she's just like a cactus, growing her thorns everywhere. Hurting people and go over the line just because she felt that she's being bullied. Maybe because she was a servant to Samho's family, and orphan, she has low self-esteem and always think that people are looking down on her.

Despite everything, I still like tavia's characters. I thought it's so much interesting and flavorful than Samho. Samho needs to grow a backbone. Is it just me or everything always work out fine for SamHo. It's like everytime she did something good, she'll get reward for it. I thought that was unrealistic.

Oh my goodness.

I'm starting to dislike Tavia's evilness as well. She's waaaay to evil; scheming when things were her own fault. I used to smile every time she does something, but now I'm grimacing at her. Yet I still enjoy watching her character. Usually when actresses are the antagonist, I would learn to dislike the actress herself, but this time, I'm loving Tavia for portrying Gam Ling so well. Her makeup make her look so much more evil too. Everyone's makeup has something to do with their personality.

I want to see more Charmaine and Moses!

Surprisingly, I like Tavia's character a lot. It seems much more realistic even though she's the evil character. Oh my gosh, yes! I agree with mashimaro_is_luff, Samho needs to grow a backbone.

The plot is honestly getting weirder. Whoever the writer is should be smacked on the head.

How in the world could Susanna be pregnant and gave birth to a kid while in the palace without anyone knowing? Seriously, that's just messed up. This better be explained in later episodes...

Guest flyaway.

Surprisingly, I like Tavia's character a lot. It seems much more realistic even though she's the evil character. Oh my gosh, yes! I agree with mashimaro_is_luff, Samho needs to grow a backbone.

The plot is honestly getting weirder. Whoever the writer is should be smacked on the head.

How in the world could Susanna be pregnant and gave birth to a kid while in the palace without anyone knowing? Seriously, that's just messed up. This better be explained in later episodes...

I agree. There is no way Susanna was able to have a baby without anyone knowing. Especially with the fact that everyone in the palace are such nosy people. Like no one saw her stomach, really now? -__-"

Oh and it was so sad that Bo Gong Gong died. He was one of my fav characters. ):

Guest chloe.c

Reallyyyyy starting to dislike Tavia's character right now.

Grrr..killing Bo Gong Gong! PLEASE no one tell me this time she was protecting herself again. NO.

I cried so much when he died, especially at Michelle's flashbacks with him... : ( Seriously poor him. Sighhh...

Anyhow...goodness....sabotaging Selena's pregnancy!!! =X I'm sure she clearly knows Selena didn't do anything to HER baby, but oh yes, just so jealous that no one can get pregnant but you ==" This shows the difference between Selena and Tavia in the pregnancy situation, at least Selena didn't try to think of a plan to kill her baby... ><

Gahhh I'm so scared to see more evil things that Tavia is going to doooo =X They just get worse everytime.

And now she is starting to not treat Charmaine as her friend anymore either.

I reaaallyyy hope Michelle comes to her senses soon. If she does anything harmful to Susanna, she is reaalllyy going to regret it when she finds out that Tavia is the one who killed Bo Gong Gong and not her supposedly good friend. And I have a feeling she will somehow side with Tavia for a while too.

As for the Susanna thing, I think we just gotta wait for an explanation. I'm SURE the scriptwriters are not THAT stupid...RIGHT?!?!?!

I still think people have got to give Sam Hou a break and not say her character is too soft or kind. She just believes in black and white and what's to be on the side of justice. If she were really soft, I don't think she would stand up for Susanna in front of Michelle like that. She still has her aspects of being strong. There are different hidden layers to Sam Hou's character. It's not like she's Chen Xin Yi who just does anything everything wants her to do.

Still don't see how people can actually LIKE Kam Ling's character though (at this point). It may be more "interesting" but liking the character is a different story.

Guest inamorata.<3

^I agree with you. Kam Ling's character is so despicable even if it's something new and daring for Tavia as an actress. At first, her schemes were small and entertaining, yes, but now her scheming isn't just for the sake of protecting herself anymore. It's like she has this attitude of "if I can't have it, no one can," and that's far from self-protection.

I actually enjoy Sam Ho in this series. I don't find her character boring. A little too perfect, yes, but the fact that she clearly knows what is right and what is wrong puts a contrast in the series. While everyone is acting like beasts to survive in the palace, Sam Ho is the little piece of humanity in the palace full of beasts.

I'm really enjoying this series, nonetheless. It has me anticipating for episode releases every week.

Guest chloe.c

^ I am glad that there's other people that don't classify nice as boring and villain = much more interesting and exciting.

Like I've been saying a lot, when everyone is acting evil, being the only good one makes it different. Perhaps the script is not doing a very good job helping Sam Hou stand out, but if people bothered to look deeper....

And plus, can't expect the series to have no one that's good...otherwise..it'd just be a show with people fighting...The end.

Honestly, so far TVB is not doing a good job sending out a POINT and MESSAGE through this series. I think the only thing people are learning/seeing from this show is that people hurt each other.

Chloe.C maybe you should use the spoiler tag? Hahaha...you've posted lots of spoilers up there...

Anyways, yeah I've never expected that it was Tavia who killed Bo Gong Gong, I really thought he just slipped and fell on the floor.

On the other hand, when Tavia was mad her eye twitched...hahahaha...I loved that :lol:

Guest antinh85

I am up to ep 21 now i must say that Tavia's character is getting on my nerve now. At first she was fun to watch now it's getting out of hand. I understand that her anger is building up because of the incident but please get over yourself, we know you are just trying to get the king's attention. The scene where she was crying helplessly after the attempted suicide is good though. Her crying scenes are good. Though i still find her character annoying. Like the king doesn't have enough to worry about, then keep having to go comfort her.geez..

I quess this series does justice for the many Tavia fans because there's more scenes of hers than there are of Sam Ho. I practically have to skimmed through the episode to find scenes of Sam HO, which were boring and nothing happening.

I feel like the hairstyles in here are japanese inspired? lolz I dont know looking at Tavia, i can't help but noticed that her makeup make her look a bit japanese.. These hairdos are so big, i feel bad for the actors have to wear these heavy things. Esp the older ladies. They put so many clips on them, idk it just makes them look too much.

Guest perking

I hate Gam Ling now, I want to see Sam Ho fighting back. Gosh, I want to see Gam Ling true color to show out when Sam Ho becoming a Concubine. Poor Po kung Kung,

Gam Ling is seriously making me want to jump in the screen and slap some sense in her >;[ How can she killed Bo gong gong, someone that treated her well since childhood. God, she's really heartless and selfish. All she cares about is herself. I doubt she even cares that much about Sam Ho , she just don't her to tell people about her evil doings. Selina is also another innocent victim .She started out as a spoil brat, she changed but it seems like Gam Ling won't let her go that easily. Frpm the preview I saw, she's going to killed selina's baby :( I can't wait until Sam Ho becomes a concubine and go against Gam Ling <_< Though Sam Ho's role is kinda plain, I like her acting a lot. She is such a kindhearted girl :)

Guest chloe.c

Chloe.C maybe you should use the spoiler tag? Hahaha...you've posted lots of spoilers up there...

Anyways, yeah I've never expected that it was Tavia who killed Bo Gong Gong, I really thought he just slipped and fell on the floor.

On the other hand, when Tavia was mad her eye twitched...hahahaha...I loved that :lol:

But it's been aired already. I always thought things that already aired are not considered spoilers? >< :( Sorry though.

Archived