[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2009] 宮心計/ Gong Sum Gai / Beyond The Realm Of Conscience (hk Versio

XxVietGurlxX

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest miss scarlett

I'm okay with watching Charmaine's character. I kind of expected her to be the perfect one, but I DIDN'T expect Kevin to be just as perfect as her. They're really meant to be, aren't they? -_- I was hoping that TVB would keep with their original storyline (Kevin falling for Tavia instead) but they didn't. So yeah, they're pretty boring up to this point. Kevin's definitely eye candy, but other than that he's quite boring.

But boring and cliche or not, BTROC is still doing EXTREMELY well in ratings right now. I think just the past week they peaked at 41 points.

This drama is pretty chessy and off historical wise...but I still love it just for the drama of it...LOL. :D

I'm not surprised if the history is kinda off, considering that BTROC isn't meant to be a historical drama. But Moses' character is actually, surprisingly, quite historically accurate. Of course, everything has to be dramatized in order to make stories more interesting, but I haven't seen anything so far that's historically inaccurate to Moses' character. Even the story of Moses falling in love with Charmaine had SOME historical aspect to it - legend says that Moses character (Emperor Xuanzong) fell in love with a peasant girl because she was very kind to him and took care of him (this was before he became Emperor). When he became emperor and went to look for her, she died.

Guest chubbygirl1

Whenever Charmaine does a series, there's always a bunch of haters voicing their opinions. She only does one or two series a year. IT's not like she dominates all the series. People keep saying that she never improves. That is not true! If you look back in her old series you can see the different type of roles she portrayed but it so happens that TVB given her more good roles because it fits her warm looks.

We not hater. ;)

is ijust,,,her role is so trite, hackeyed, and boring (oaki, okai, im being redudant w/ the words, Cuz...it needs triple dose of criticism)..onthe other hand, in You are Hired, i absolutely love her role, so much sasisness, character and colorful.

2 dramas a year and take the lead role, THAT is quite ALOT, u know.

Oh Yah, Mosses makeup, wthecking they do to him.

Is like they just drag him out a Chinese Opera,

lol, It must have taken longer for makeup artist to do his face than Charmain+Tavia combine. hahahahah :lol:

Guest antinh85

^^

lolz NO i dont mean you guys. When i was writing this i was reading the posts over the SPCNET.tv forums too. They were pretty harsh at their comments towards charmaine. Saying that she can't act and all that stuff.

Two dramas a year is alot? i mean they have to make a living right? I hardly think that two dramas a year would be that much, esp a whole year of income. I dont really know how much they would make outside with ads and stuff but they need more popularity to lands more ads to make money.

No offense to Moses fans but i feel like he's too old for this role. His makeup just makes him look older. As far as acting i dont think TVB can find better from their list of new actors but sometimes i would like to see actors look to be close the age of their characters.But i quess acting counts more right.

Anyone noticed that Mandy Cho is quite pretty in this series? i quess the gem business didn't work for her now she has returned to acting..lolz

Guest chubbygirl1

^^

uhmmm....compare to other actors, Charmain star in alot of dramas. Wells, it just a medium to keep star's popularity afloat. But i do think their main income is from Commercials.

Several of my Chinese friends told me that Charmain role got tonss of complaints online, in those Chinese websites.

I only frequent here, so iono how bad it got. But judging that most forums share the same complaint do say someting about her role.

...Moses.... As far as acting i dont think TVB can find better from their list of new actors but sometimes i would like to see actors look to be close the age of their characters.But i quess acting counts more right.

Seriously.

The new crop of actors arrrrr sooo terrrible.

im watching Rich Born rite now too...Yan is soo pretty, her face resembles Tavia soo much that im mistaken many times.:rolleyes:

anyone interest in this drama, here's an uploader at youtube: Renhongkongdramas

Anyone noticed that Mandy Cho is quite pretty in this series?

haha yea i thought she looked quite different and pretty but the way she spoke was kind of annoying -_-

Guest perking

^^

lolz NO i dont mean you guys. When i was writing this i was reading the posts over the SPCNET.tv forums too. They were pretty harsh at their comments towards charmaine. Saying that she can't act and all that stuff.

Two dramas a year is alot? i mean they have to make a living right? I hardly think that two dramas a year would be that much, esp a whole year of income. I dont really know how much they would make outside with ads and stuff but they need more popularity to lands more ads to make money.

I think Charm 's acting is good as Sam Ho, only her role is so nice and she has many love her, unlike tavia, so aggressive , and get bad luck all time,Not to mention, some of haters are jealous for their idols too; people tend to not like the happy and lucky one, and have sympathy for the unlucky. .I don't feel Sam Ho boring at all, there are too many evils in the series, at least Sam ho can make me peaceful, along w. Eunuch Po, there are two peaceful people in the surviving game in the palace. I love Tavia, n hope she will get the award this year, If she can't , I hope Charm will get the award for her role in You're hired. Not in here, b/c a nice role is not enough break through to deserve an award, I think an evil role or complicated role is more suitable than, but who knows, every yrs, the complaining about who is real winner always popping out and create the conflict controversy , LOL,

BTW, SPCnet is really famous for bashing people. LOL, feel bad for whoever gets bashing there. LOL :P:P

No offense to Moses fans but i feel like he's too old for this role. His makeup just makes him look older. As far as acting i dont think TVB can find better from their list of new actors but sometimes i would like to see actors look to be close the age of their characters.But i quess acting counts more right.

I like MOSES, but If this role is for Julian, I'm happier

I really hope Susan Tse, The Empress , will get nominated for a supporting award and win it. She's so good, I 'm so hating her when she 's scared of people , but feel sad when she dies, the acting 's so awesome;)

Guest parismoon

omg my two fav actress in this series!! i have to watch this :D

loved tavia from Moonlight Res. and charmaine from you;re hired lol :D

ooh and selena too :D

Guest perking

omg my two fav actress in this series!! i have to watch this :D

loved tavia from Moonlight Res. and charmaine from you;re hired lol :D

ooh and selena too :D

you should, the series is really good, Charm and Tavia are acting good too, the others are as well. I love charm in you're hired too, she's so freaking hilarious. Good acting , and tavia, no need to say, my most fav TVB actress

Guest chubbygirl1

^^

i don't think there's sub for 13 yet.

ooOOOmuhhgaah, so much changes in eps.14, the evaal Queen no longer a factor....and get ready for Gam ling turninggg evil... she was soo cunning in eps. 13 helping her sista Sam Ho and all that. Yah righte.

Many u guys pointed out that the current storyline kinda deviates from the original.

I do see traces of original love-line in this drama.

Cuz in eps. 13, there's alot of arupt scenes got cut when they show Gam ling and Kelvin, is like cutting all traces of their suposedly love-line. It was bizzarrrre.

perking- of course Charmine act as Sam Ho is good, "DUH!" she invariably been playing that type of role, 10+ years practicing it, who wouldn't be good. *rool-eyes*. Isn't there a saying practice makes tings perfect.

as for Tavia, finally she gets such a breakout role as Gamling, cuz she was like a neglect child of TVB before, lol.

But that's fine, she does need improvement, and i do see she gets better.

I think Charm 's acting is good as Sam Ho, only her role is so nice and she has many love her, unlike tavia, so aggressive , and get bad luck all time,Not to mention, some of haters are jealous for their idols too; people tend to not like the happy and lucky one, and have sympathy for the unlucky. .I don't feel Sam Ho boring at all, there are too many evils in the series, at least Sam ho can make me peaceful, along w. Eunuch Po, there are two peaceful people in the surviving game in the palace. I love Tavia, n hope she will get the award this year, If she can't , I hope Charm will get the award for her role in You're hired. Not in here, b/c a nice role is not enough break through to deserve an award, I think an evil role or complicated role is more suitable than, but who knows, every yrs, the complaining about who is real winner always popping out and create the conflict controversy , LOL,

BTW, SPCnet is really famous for bashing people. LOL, feel bad for whoever gets bashing there. LOL :P:P

I really hope Susan Tse, The Empress , will get nominated for a supporting award and win it. She's so good, I 'm so hating her when she 's scared of people , but feel sad when she dies, the acting 's so awesome;)

It's so true. Everyone is evil with the few exceptions. Even Choi Seung Gong and Wu Sze Chit [at least I think that's her title] are devious and scheming. I thought Choi Seung Gong was nice, especially since she fought for Susanna and Michelle when they got accused of the evil deeds. Bahh, everyone is deceptive. I'm happy to see Bo Gong Gong so nice. To me, I think Charmaine's role is boring because I personally want to see her take on more demanding roles. She's a great actress and whatnot, but it's time she does something different. It is nice to see peace within the scheming palace, but the bottome line is: nobody survives. That's why I love Kam Ling so much. There's so much depth in her character. And she should so win an award! If Charmaine is to win, it should be for You're Hired [completely agree with the breakthrough role], and Tavia should win the Best Actress. But she is up against strong contenders.

I've never thought of Julian for the role of the emporer! Thinking about it now, it would be nice to see that. Not that Moses is old for the role, but a change in the cast wouldn't be too bad. If I were to change the actors, it would be [maybe] Julian for Emporer [i really like him as it is], and Steven for Hin Yeung.

I really enjoy watching Selena evil here. Not that she hasn't been evil before, but her acting has improved. I'm still crying about Moses' failed proposal to Charmaine. So much more bloodshed would occur if Charmaine did become the consort before Tavia did. One thing I cannot wait to see: when Charmaine and Tavia, the two best friends, duke it out on court!

Guest perking

I like this show so far : O

Does anyone know where to watch ep 13+ with English subs?

Ep 13 and 14 , Esub

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=bw633huz

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=S8HL0Q0G

credit: kesuytinh

It's so true. Everyone is evil with the few exceptions. Even Choi Seung Gong and Wu Sze Chit [at least I think that's her title] are devious and scheming. I thought Choi Seung Gong was nice, especially since she fought for Susanna and Michelle when they got accused of the evil deeds. Bahh, everyone is deceptive. I'm happy to see Bo Gong Gong so nice. To me, I think Charmaine's role is boring because I personally want to see her take on more demanding roles. She's a great actress and whatnot, but it's time she does something different. It is nice to see peace within the scheming palace, but the bottome line is: nobody survives. That's why I love Kam Ling so much. There's so much depth in her character. And she should so win an award! If Charmaine is to win, it should be for You're Hired [completely agree with the breakthrough role], and Tavia should win the Best Actress. But she is up against strong contenders.

Hi AhYee, high five for this, totally agreeing w/ you, I still hope for Tavia to win,it's time for her to shine, Even I just saw 17 eps, N Tavia didn't have much screen time, everytime she appeared, I felt the aggressive and ambition in her. Every word, every action she made, always had something behinds, ha ha ha, I think she is only in peace when having Sam Ho near by, like Sam Ho is the only person she can truly live w/out worrying that person 's gonna do bad things to her . Really good acting, Tavia.

Sheren, people say she was good in RB, but I think it's Ok, above avarage, but well, depending on taste

I've never thought of Julian for the role of the emporer! Thinking about it now, it would be nice to see that. Not that Moses is old for the role, but a change in the cast wouldn't be too bad. If I were to change the actors, it would be [maybe] Julian for Emporer [i really like him as it is], and Steven for Hin Yeung.

I really love Julian, He acted as the emperor before, he was so good and handsome in his emperor 's outfit. Not to mention the acting, I think his acting no need to say. The best of the best. Agree w/ you in new faces , He's used to pair w/ Charm and they were so compatible, now He could be pair w/ Tavia, and for sure would make a beautiful couple. Steven for HY, definitely agree, Steve acting is better than Kevin, but If I could choose, I would like Bosco or Raymond for HY, LOL, I love both and their acting 's good too.

I really enjoy watching Selena evil here. Not that she hasn't been evil before, but her acting has improved. I'm still crying about Moses' failed proposal to Charmaine. So much more bloodshed would occur if Charmaine did become the consort before Tavia did. One thing I cannot wait to see: when Charmaine and Tavia, the two best friends, duke it out on court![/

I don't like Selena , but I think she 's pretty. Yeah, I was upset when Moses failing to propose to Charm, Everytime he 's seeing her, his face 's so happy and peaceful. It's funny how I love this word," peace", in this series, Everybody's mind 's always fighting, struggling, attacking the others, only those peaceful minds as Eunuch Po, Sam Ho, and may be Moses's Mom. but now she 's an Empress , so her mind might not be in peace anymore :P:P make me feel peace, LOL

Sniff , sniff, Charm and Tavia 's gonna deal w/ each other soon, I guess, as long as Lee Yi shows his interest in Sam Ho, Gam Ling's suspicious and jealousy gonna rise, sniff sniff.

NO! Does Charmaine marry Moses later on?! I want her to stay with Kevin D= damn, I just read the description on Wiki and it says 'Concubine to Lee Yi', oh so evil, I'll be so unhappy about this later on when that episode airs.

I just finished ep. 16 on TV. And I've got to say, Kara Hui's character ain't that smart. The one in charge of food in the palace, don't remember the character's title right now, you know what I mean. Her plotting is so.... dumb compared to the other ones. Writer's fault, I know :P

Selena's so pretty, but her character's attitude sucks. So does the mom :o

Susan Tse was amazing though. I hated her character but she was just too awesome. I loved the way they set her hair like that.

I was nice to see Mandy Cho in it too! Although she only lasted for like 2 or 3 episodes. Her character was nice, even thought it didn't last very long.

Tavia did really well in this drama I reckon. She looks really evil in the posters and stuff, but wow, really good job imho. I can't wait for the next 16 episodes =O

NO! Does Charmaine marry Moses later on?! I want her to stay with Kevin D= damn, I just read the description on Wiki and it says 'Concubine to Lee Yi', oh so evil, I'll be so unhappy about this later on when that episode airs.

I read somewhere that they said Charmaine married Moses is because, one of Generals...General Ma (I think) went against Kevin and Kevin went missing, General Ma noticed Charmaine was pregnant with Kevin's baby so he wanted to get rid of it. So in order to save her, Moses told everybody that baby is his. He didn't force Charmaine to get married at all but to protect her and Kevin's baby she married Moses

But then there is another plot in which Moses confess to Kevin that he loves Charmaine and wanted to keep her by his side. Charmaine gets injured by her foot again, Moses hugs her when she was unconscience. Kevin later disappeared and some believe he was dead so Moses took her in as his concubine

I'm not sure which one is true but either one she will be his concubine since she will be up against Tavia's character.

I really love Julian, He acted as the emperor before, he was so good and handsome in his emperor 's outfit. Not to mention the acting, I think his acting no need to say. The best of the best. Agree w/ you in new faces , He's used to pair w/ Charm and they were so compatible, now He could be pair w/ Tavia, and for sure would make a beautiful couple. Steven for HY, definitely agree, Steve acting is better than Kevin, but If I could choose, I would like Bosco or Raymond for HY, LOL, I love both and their acting 's good too.

With Julian, do you guys mean Chilam Cheung? If not, who do you mean?

And I agree with Perking, I wouldn't mind if Steven, Bosco or Raymond acted as HY... (preferably Raymond or Bosco :P )

I read somewhere that they said Charmaine married Moses is because, one of Generals...General Ma (I think) went against Kevin and Kevin went missing, General Ma noticed Charmaine was pregnant with Kevin's baby so he wanted to get rid of it. So in order to save her, Moses told everybody that baby is his. He didn't force Charmaine to get married at all but to protect her and Kevin's baby she married Moses

But then there is another plot in which Moses confess to Kevin that he loves Charmaine and wanted to keep her by his side. Charmaine gets injured by her foot again, Moses hugs her when she was unconscience. Kevin later disappeared and some believe he was dead so Moses took her in as his concubine

I'm not sure which one is true but either one she will be his concubine since she will be up against Tavia's character.

I think the 2nd plot is the right one, I just watched the previews of ep.18 and it matches with the 2nd plot you've described... I'm not sure about the Kevin disappearing part, but the part where Charmaine injured her leg seems accurate

Guest antinh85

I would like this plot better because i dont want her to end up with Moses. Even though Kevin's character is boring but being Emperor seems to be more trouble than good for her. From the preview it looks like Moses does love Tavia later on. I hope they all have a happy ending. Moses with tavia and Charmaine and Kevin can leave the palace live a normal life.

It's so true.

Now that you mention it, that would have been a much better cast. Julian and steven are much better actors in my eyes. Julian is really a versatile actor. He is really good in comedic roles too. He's really compatible wiht charmaine in their last series. I really miss him on TVB. Looks wise i think he looks younger than Moses too.

I dont know if this is true but i read an article before in the "perish in the name of love" days with steven and charmaine, they never got along after the series. So that's probably why they never act together again. It was because Sonija was dating steven at that time, Sonija was seeing another guy too but she talk bad things about steven to Charmaine and ofcourse being her friend; she and Steven were never in good terms afterwards.

I just finished ep. 16 on TV. And I've got to say, Kara Hui's character ain't that smart. The one in charge of food in the palace, don't remember the character's title right now, you know what I mean. Her plotting is so.... dumb compared to the other ones. Writer's fault, I know :P

LOL She is a stupid character [no offense to Kara, it is the script], and even Choi Seung Gong reprimands her for being so stupid. Maybe stupid is a harsh word, but I can't seem to find another word to describe this character.

I first watched this series for Kevin and Charmaine, but now, I seem to like Moses and Charmaine a lot more. Probably because if Charmaine is to be a concubine, so many more things would happen. And sorry for cutting your post!

Hi AhYee, high five for this, totally agreeing w/ you, I still hope for Tavia to win,it's time for her to shine, Even I just saw 17 eps, N Tavia didn't have much screen time, everytime she appeared, I felt the aggressive and ambition in her. Every word, every action she made, always had something behinds, ha ha ha, I think she is only in peace when having Sam Ho near by, like Sam Ho is the only person she can truly live w/out worrying that person 's gonna do bad things to her . Really good acting, Tavia. Sheren, people say she was good in RB, but I think it's Ok, above avarage, but well, depending on taste

I don't like Selena , but I think she 's pretty. Yeah, I was upset when Moses failing to propose to Charm, Everytime he 's seeing her, his face 's so happy and peaceful. It's funny how I love this word," peace", in this series, Everybody's mind 's always fighting, struggling, attacking the others, only those peaceful minds as Eunuch Po, Sam Ho, and may be Moses's Mom. but now she 's an Empress , so her mind might not be in peace anymore :P:P make me feel peace, LOL

Sniff , sniff, Charm and Tavia 's gonna deal w/ each other soon, I guess, as long as Lee Yi shows his interest in Sam Ho, Gam Ling's suspicious and jealousy gonna rise, sniff sniff.

Hi, sorry for cutting the beginning of your post!

It's so true, Tavia doesn't get a lot of screen time. But she doesn't waste time when she does get the screen. I smile to myself every time she appears because I know nothing good is going to happen, haha. As much as I like the peace, I prefer to watch something more exciting like Tavia. That's precisely why I can't wait to see Charmaine as concubine! I think the last time I saw Julian [Chilam Cheung] with her was in Point of No Return. If he was emporer, I'd love Charmaine and him even more! Nobody stays nice forever in the palace, that's for sure. Selena is pretty, and I don't mind her. She's a ... brat? But I think she has a hidden kind heart. Of course, as a concubine, one would do anything to get the Emporer's attention. It's no wonder they all appear so evil. I think Selena isn't bad, but Tavia is out right evil buahaha.

I would like this plot better because i dont want her to end up with Moses. Even though Kevin's character is boring but being Emperor seems to be more trouble than good for her. From the preview it looks like Moses does love Tavia later on. I hope they all have a happy ending. Moses with tavia and Charmaine and Kevin can leave the palace live a normal life.

I just finished episode 18, and Charmaine gets bitten by a snake. That's why Moses is hugging her and all, since he sucked the poison out from her. And at the exact time, Kevin just happens to see Moses hugging her. That's one of the plots mentioned. As for whether she becomes a concubine, not yet because Moses allow Kevin to take Charmaine's hand.. I think. But the first plot seems interesting just as well. Daaarn. I like the idea of Moses actually falling for Tavia because that's what she wanted all along, but I'm still a Moses Charmaine shipper. When the two sister's fight it out, I'll be the first one in line to watch it.

I'm enjoying General Ma's character. He's such a badie. My favourite part of him so far is when Tavia slapped Selena, and Selena went back to complain. He goes, "She must die!" Roar... that was nice.

Guest alicechen

Ah, don't mention Julian Cheung please! That's too cruel for my heart. I still wish for a Charlian series. :P

I dont know if this is true but i read an article before in the "perish in the name of love" days with steven and charmaine, they never got along after the series. So that's probably why they never act together again. It was because Sonija was dating steven at that time, Sonija was seeing another guy too but she talk bad things about steven to Charmaine and ofcourse being her friend; she and Steven were never in good terms afterwards.

antinh85, Iike many others, I will not believe rumor articles/tabloids. Being a fan of Charmaine for so long, I haven't stumbled across such news before. Plus, as we all know, reporters in Hong Kong is obsessed with Charm, they spend all their lives digging/creating stories about her and her costars. So I'm not surprised with such news. Take it with a pinch of salt. :)

Charmaine only has 2 series per year. THAT is not a lot people. If you did see the list of dramas next year, most leading actresses have like 2+ dramas.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Back to the storyline, I'm still a helpless fan rooting for Sam Ho and Li Yi huh? I love them!! I heard he hugs an unconscious Sam Ho in episode 18 but later he tells Hin Yeung (Kevin) that they can get married later on. Gosh, that broke my heart.

Finally, Kam Ling is a concubine fighting with Selena. I'm telling you, Selena is digging her own grave. She's too spoiled to think intelligently like Kam Ling. She's almost like Mandy, but Mandy is more likable.

Also, people who like HQ screen captures and short summaries, I have them at my blog: Click here! Up to episode 7 only. :) Will post more artworks later on. Woohoots.

Archived