Can You Speak Asian?!

Guest I_play_with_dolls

Guest sweetbow

I've never been asked that before, but this one kid in my class wore a shirt with a whole bunch of random chinese/japanese characters and went around to all the asian girls, asking them if they knew what it said.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest yoko102308

I lived in Japan so I get, "Do you speak Japan?!" not japanese, JAPAN! wtf right?

& the oh so popular "What's my name in Japanese" Dx Ya, I speak it but I normally act like I can't 'cause it's so annoying.

And some people tell me to speak Chinese..tsk,tsk

But a guy asked my friend, "Are you asian or Korean?"

Two things she said:

1) she's vietnamese (doesn't look korean at all)

2) Korean is Asian xDD

he never got a date with her~

Guest vip_gd

i've never been asked that

but just imagine, combining all languages into one

then that. you call asian

although, it would be a pretty f'ed up language XD

Guest Atmosphere.

nobody asked that to me before, but that would be so annoying if someone did ask me that question.. SLAP THAT PERSON next time ;) but different question, i'm korean and some people would say "can you speak japanese?" "can you speak chinese?" ehhh -__-

Guest IPwnx3

nobody's ever asked me that before,but if someone did i wouldnt get mad.

i would be too busy laughing at them ><

i kind of do want to meet someone stupid enough to ask those kind of questions.

im sure it would be very entertaining..

i do know some people who always ask me how to swear or say inappropriate stuff in chinese x__x

Guest kinein

I don't know if it's just me, but I always get asked "Hey, can you speak Asian?" a lot. Or even a "Can you teach me how to speak or say this in Asian?"

Honestly, I never knew how dumb some people can actually be, but this is just wow. It's just like me asking a Caucasian kid "HEY, CAN YOU SPEAK CAUCASIAN?!"

I also hear alot of people ask foreigners from Africa "Can you speak African?"

I do find this quite annoying, but I find it really funny as well since it's probably one of the most stupidest question a person can ask.

But yeah, has anyone asked you that?

Or have you ever asked anyone something like that?

I mean we all have ignorance in us, but there should be a limit dammit! >.>

AHAHAHA CAN YOU SPEAK ASIAN?! AHAHAHAHA

I hate it more when someone ask me if I'm from North Korea.

Its like wtf. IF I WERE, I WOULDN'T BE HERE!!

actually there are some american koreans that are from north korea ~

Guest asianascanbe

hah. ive been asked. FROM MY BEST FRIEND! -___-

she even says stuff like "you look more chinese today!" and since shes my bestie i just look at her and be like

"..WTF?..are you crazy?..do you know the different kinds of 'Asians' there are? How many times do i have to complain that other people are being hypocrits to me?" and yada yada yada.

but no matter HOW many times we have this kind of conversation, she always comes to me saying the same thing.

i dont wanna say any bad jokes to her since shes one of my besties but she ALWAYS saying these kinds of stuff..

ugh..FML. >_<

Guest rawwwr

I've been asked that, and the usual "Are you Chinese or are you Asian?"

And then someone else would come up and say "No way! She's not Asian! She's Korean!"

And then someone says "It's all the same thing."

Yeah... I didn't know how to respond to them <_<

Oh! And the usual: What's my name in Chinese/Asian?

Guest I_play_with_dolls

hah. ive been asked. FROM MY BEST FRIEND! -___-

she even says stuff like "you look more chinese today!" and since shes my bestie i just look at her and be like

"..WTF?..are you crazy?..do you know the different kinds of 'Asians' there are? How many times do i have to complain that other people are being hypocrits to me?" and yada yada yada.

but no matter HOW many times we have this kind of conversation, she always comes to me saying the same thing.

i dont wanna say any bad jokes to her since shes one of my besties but she ALWAYS saying these kinds of stuff..

ugh..FML. >_<

My friends are like that too, hard to believe since there are a large amount of Asians in our community and yet my non-asian friends keep asking the same question over and over.

Archived