Can You Speak Asian?!

Guest I_play_with_dolls

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Srta. Confitura

No but I can speak human.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've heard it many times :blink: Sometimes I don't know if they're asking for real o not. :huh:

Guest beta_shen

"Hey! What's my name in Asian??"

". . . "

"Take your time"

". . . "

"Please ???"

"Gawd you're stupid"

"What?? I though you were smart"

-facepalm-

actual scenario :lol:

Heh. I don't get angry at them or think they're stupid. To me, I think thats funny ;] . Or they weren't thinking properly at the time, hell. I do that sometimes by accident.

Guest Envious-Sleep

I think that some people only say it as a joke. I was at my locker one day when a bunch of kids were asking their Asian friend if they could write the world 'love' "in Asian" on this poster thingie they had, and their friend said no, so they asked me. Instead of asking if I could write it "in Asian", though, they actually asked if I knew how to write it in Chinese, so I knew they were only joking around.

I get a real kick out of telling people that Chinese isn't considered a language LOL They always have this "fdhgijdfhgjkldfghsklj!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" expression when I tell them. Then I get to sound smart by telling them about how different the dialects are and stuff so it's hard to considering "Chinese" being a single language when spoken. xD

...oh jeez, I need a life, don't I o_O

It happens to me too. I get asked, hey can you teach me how to speak mexican? I tell them, "umm its not mexican, mexican is not a language! I speak SPANISH!" but they just tell me that its the same thing, so I ignore them. LOL. T_T Its not funny, what If i told them hey do you speak american?? No they dont because american isnt a language. Grr!!! :ph34r:

Guest sweetiexpie098

Hahaha yeah I think I've been asked that question before xD

So stupid how people think "Asian" is a language!! Lmao :lol:

Guest Starberriee

I've been asked once or twice and I tell them I'm actually Jamaican. (which I am not, I'm Chinese)

Then they ask me how to speak Jamaican instead. -.-

I don't think I'll ever be asked that because no one can really tell at first what I am... & I've never asked that kind of question ._. Only thing I can think of is 'Engrish'... but that's just making fun of accents or something...

Guest doll face

oh man, I got asked that like a few times last year. LOL

most of the time, it was a joke or the kid's reaaaally slow (and it did happen = A =; !)

I usually reply in a mashed up sentence of different languages, or say yes. and walk away

Guest AhhMehh

oomgggg! i get that too!!! im filipino.. and usually i get..

CAN U SPEAK PHILIPPINESE?/?!

like seriously?! -__- uugghh..

no because I've always lived in a diverse area with many types of asians. I've heard "do you speak chinese" and I'm not chinese but because Im asian I'm automatically chinese to many ppl. it's ok though. I've gotten used to it. But I've never heard "do you speak asian" before ... sounds really ... ignorant.

I have been going around the discussion area and have seen this discussion a lot of times but I never opened it because I don't get the "Can you speak Asian?" LOL it cracks me up, Asia is so big and there's no particular language for the whole Asia LMAO. Asia's not a language, it's a continent hehe.

I have never been asked that question, if I was asked or if I would be asked, I would be like O___O haha. XDD

oomgggg! i get that too!!! im filipino.. and usually i get..

CAN U SPEAK PHILIPPINESE?/?!

like seriously?! -__- uugghh..

LOL. that totally cracked me up. :P

Archived