[news] 3 Members Of Group Dbsk Files Lawsuit

Guest orchard16

To perform in a concert you need to practice beforehand. If there is no certain reply from those performers, instead of showing a crap concert, if I am SME I will cancel the show. So before bashing and take side , look at bigger picture first

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jejunice

To perform in a concert you need to practice beforehand. If there is no certain reply from those performers, instead of showing a crap concert, if I am SME I will cancel the show. So before bashing and take side , look at bigger picture first

oh well then, so SM should have known from the beginning when they've added one more concert that it is really impossible for TVXQ to rehearse since the lawsuit is still ongoing right? so SM should have canceled it from the very beginning but why still confirming to have one more concert inspite of all the chaos that is happening? even assuring people to come and now canceling it? and this is not the first time they've done such thing.

well actually, the bigger picture is that SM shouldn't have confirmed that there will be one more concert in the first place. which is also actually against the law that the court decided prior to the dispute that there must be no any activities. and if you would take a look at it, many people are wondering on how things will go in the concert if that happens. probably very much awkward. i really want them to have a concert altogether again but not with this kind of situation. does SM even thought of that? i don't think so, SM only think for their ownsake.

honestly very dissapointing...

Guest mashimaro_is_luff

and then we have the beginning of the end...

however it might turn out, i'll continue to support this group

but one thing that just baffled me is how childish and immature SM is

They will never fail to step out and start calling names or blaming someone else for something that is obvious the fault of both side

I'm aware of that. I mean, if this happened before the contract was signed, I couldn't agree more with you. But then, the contract has been signed. The 13-year term clause and the profit distribution clause are clearly written in the contract. All the members and their parents were perfectly aware of that. They knew they would work for SM for 13 years. They knew they would get 2% revenue for every 500,000 copies and they would split it up between the 5 members. They knew they would have to pay the staffs themselves. And they signed the contract, being perfectly aware of that. Once you sign a contract, you commit to it. And both parties do their own job as stated in the contract. It's not a playground where you can just come and play and go home whenever you get tired (or whenever you want to avoid that bully). It's a commitment, you stick to it whether you like it or not.

if the world is just like you said, then we won't have a need for court anymore

You can write whatever you want, sign some names on it and call it an agreement, but it wont mean crap if it's not legal.

A contract is not worth to follow through if the conditions are unethical . Why do you think the court side with Jaechunsu. Do you think the court don't know the legal stuff better than we do? They have look into the contract itself and made such decisions. This prove that what Jaechunsu claimed have some base. People will never KNEW exactly when they sign a contract. They could have a prediction or a probable situation in their heads or what they thought they knew, but like most people, they will only realize the ugly truth when it's in their face.

I could understand about the profit split part , but DBSK can't even invest in stocks or shares? They are selling themselves as artists, to sing and dance and do whatever crap SM want. However, do you seriously think that SM have the right to tell these guys what they can or can't invest in? SM is not all wrong here, but they definitely stepped over the line a few time.

Yes it's true as you said that in a business view, SM is just making a profit and this how they decide to operate their factory. And in a business sense, these guys are product/merchandise. But they are "human" merchandise, and you can't treat human the same way you treat a bag of chip.

I'm not saying Jaechunsu is all innocent and the messenger of justice. They (SM and DBSK) are both using each other. SM manipulate these ambitious young mind, and DBSK see SM as a ladder to fame. In a sense, DBSK sold themselves to the devil when they signed the contract. DBSK may sell their labor of singing and dancing and maybe their privacy but in no way they would sign away their freedom. In this day and age where human right are increasingly important, I don't agree that a big company can use any form of contract to interfere an individual from exercise his/her right.

Guest Redwarrior

WOW....how childish can SM be??

I'm not saying that Jaechunsu are right in all of this but first the SMTOWN concert and now this one?? And they push ALL the blame on them??

If i remember correctly, they were WILLING to participate in the SMTOWN concert BUT SM cancelled it due to it "being hard to perform at a time like this and unity....blah blah blah. then a few days later, they release an SMTOWN album to SHOW UNITY..... >.> SMTOWN concert cancellation is definitely not Jaechunsu's fault.

Guest lolly88

couldnt care less

i dont even want to read the details of every newsarticle anymore

its wasting time ,the more it drags =tired etc

no one knows for sure what is right and wrong at all ,except the people involved directly

nothing can be trusted

Guest Yunho_Jaejoong

couldnt care less

i dont even want to read the details of every newsarticle anymore

its wasting time ,the more it drags =tired etc

no one knows for sure what is right and wrong at all ,except the people involved directly

nothing can be trusted

Agree! It's so tiring to read the same things in different translations repeatedly. The more the lawsuit drags on, the stress and tension build among fans. Give us an answer directly and stop dragging the issue further. -_-

Guest AkiraXHebe

I think these three would be more at peace if they just come up and say, "WE DON'T WANT TO BE IN DBSK ANY MORE." And just split instead of causing so much drama. Yeah, fans are going to be extremely sad, including me. But WTF do you guys want?! You guys are bashing SM but it's the company that creates DBSK and will DESTROY it if they have to. They BOTH screwed up big time. The only difference is JaeJoong, YooChun and JunSu had DBSK on the line, they are gambling YunHo and ChangMin's future too. SM? Nothing happened to them before, what makes you think anything is going to now?

They had deal proposals, SM didn't allow it, they sued, SM lost, SM freeze their activities and no more concert. As far as this go, they're done.

Even if this lawsuit is the end of DBSG (which i believe to be *sign* i see no solution for both sides), i'm still happy that Jaesuchun finally spoke out. I myself can't decide which to believe in the case but as a fan, whether Jaesuchun's right or wrong, I want them to be happy, truly happy. What's the point of seeing those tiring and fake smiles? At least they spoke out, and we know that they weren't happy those long years. And even if they're gambling DBSG as well as Yunho and Changmin's future, it doesn't mean that they don't want to be in DBSG anymore. You never know what's really happening, and not everything people do is what they want to. Please don't judge them that easily.

Some people here need to stop saying they feel bad for DBSG fans. Seriously do you really know what makes us feel bad? You keep saying that if Jaesuchun hadn't done anything and kept acting like they were very satisfied with their life to continue DBSG's activities, fans wouldn't have been this worried/sad/angry/ect. Thank you, but you make us look really selfish. If working as DBSG under SM doesn't make the boys (at least Jaesuchun) happy anymore and just tires them to death, i believe all Cassie, Bigeast and internation fans are willing to say goodbye to DBSG.

Guest ohhlalakelly

If there's not Dong Bang Shin Ki, I am glad there's still Tohoshinki. The only reason why I like them in Korea more is because of their appearance and confidence on stage. I'm not saying they don't have that confidence on stage in Japan. Other than that, it doesn't really matter where the hell they are (though I know they want to perform in Korea, also). They're more respected in Japan than Korea.

TVXQ's Schedule 2009/07/07 - 2009/07/20

9zlsae.jpg

2nsnqxi.jpg

mhttsp.jpg

2u7rs4x.jpg

20ppjs0.jpg

1072zpx.jpg

34rj4ba.jpg

Source: [Daum]

Translation credits: jeeelim5@tohosomnia.net

Shared by: tohosomnia.net

Do not remove/add on any credits

this is really.. i don't know what to say. Some people are such idiots. "if I was living my dream, I would be happy and I wouldn't care." UHMMM... OK. Total BS. I'm sure you wouldn't let it slide if your boss underpaid you. You'd be physically and mentally drained on 3 - 4 hours of sleep (or no sleep at all). Concerts 3 days in a row, to Japan and back in Korea the same day, 30 second CFs/CMs that take 12 hours recording. By the looks of their schedule, it's not OK. It's not OK to be underpaid for what they do and where they're at 6 years from debut. Even if JCS did answer SM by the 12th, it's obviously impossible for them to continue working there.

People act like 13 years mean nothing to them.

Imagine if you had ^ THAT schedule and got paid the ridiculous amount that these boys have been getting paid. Yes, you signed a contract... but don't tell me that after 6 years, you're still going to tell yourself, "oh well, I signed that contract, I hate my life and it's unfair, but 7 more years and it's over."

yeah. right.

You can't use the little money you have the way you want, you can't do anything without the company's consent, and even if you've worked your richard simmons off and had a bit of luck and made it to the top, you still get paid close to nothing (relatively speaking). You're going to want to quit. And at some point, that contract is not going to be enough to make you want to stay.

Like someone said above, if a contract was the end of the deal PERIOD, then there wouldn't be any need for the court. If Jaechunsu's lawsuit were ridiculous, then it would've gotten rejected immediately.

And still, nobody cares that SM's contracts (which many people here seem to understand, can tie your life to 13 years of hell, no questions asked) violate all kinds of industry regulations. Well, they're businessmen. It's common sense they don't have ethics. Look at it from their point of view.

Yeah, I'm looking at it from their point of view, and I hope I never become like that.

They tried to negotiate with SM, BEFORE filing the lawsuit. They pursued some midway point for MONTHS, and for MONTHS they were neglected. Don't blame Jaechunsu for sacrificing the possibility of disbandment when Yunho and Changmin didn't agree. I don't want to argue this case, but basically neither can tell the other what to do when it comes to a matter of drastically improving the quality of your life.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shinhdeplol

TVXQ fans, brace yourselves - yet another act has been added to the SME vs TVXQ battle, and it doesn't look pretty.

Earlier this month, SM Entertainment claimed that TVXQ had belatedly cancelled their appearance at the November 21 Shenzhen concert, and that members Junsu, Jaejoong and Yoochun had never requested the details of the Shenzhen concert contract.

In response to this statement, the legal counsel of Junsu, Jaejoong and Yoochun previously stated last week that they had obtained a handwritten statement from an individual claiming to have signed the note of confirmation without the TVXQ threesome's consent. A note of confirmation is a document ensuring the attendance of a performer at an event. Typically, the note is signed by a representative without any complaints because the artist is too busy to sign the documents themselves. However, the legal counsel has taken the stance that the TVXQ threesome had never given such consent.

Today (November 24), Junsu, Jaejoong and Yoochun's defense elaborated on their claim regarding SME's unauthorized signatures on this note.

Regarding the Shenzhen Concert situation, Junsu, Jaejoong and Yoochun did not sign [or approve the signing of] any note of confirmation. ... The note of confirmation for the Shenzhen, China concert holds signatures that have been forged.

Some Chinese and Korean fans had brought to our attention the fact that the signatures on the confirmation note seemed forged. After thorough examination, we have confirmed that these signatures are fake. ... The person that forged [the TVXQ members' signatures] gave us a hand-written note, which stated that a SME representative had ordered him to forge the signatures.

SM Entertainment previously said that there were no legal issues involving the sales of the Shenzhen Concert, yet they forged the signatures on this note of confirmation.

Here is a scan of the note:

r67q6roz5fk8onw6zn8.jpg

Note of Confirmation -

- Name: (censored)

- Personal Number: (censored)

- Phone Number: (censored)

I, the writer of the note of confirmation, in March of 2009, followed orders from (censored) of SM Entertainment and signed the document for the Shenzhen concert in place of the three members. Neither I nor SM Entertainment had permission from the three members to use their signatures, before or after the document was released. The three members did not know about the Shenzhen Concert when they filed their lawsuit. The event was confirmed after the lawsuit had already been filed.

Date: 2009 November 15 Sunday_____________Writer: (censored)

The legal counsel also claimed, "SME had made an agreement with the TVXQ threesome to go through with all pre-planned activities ... the Shenzhen concert was added into the TVXQ schedule after [this agreement was made]. SME is attempting to distort the facts."

They continued, "We ask that SME reveal the story behind the signature forgeries and also the full content of the Shenzhen concert contract. We want to eliminate any misunderstandings that may have arisen amongst fans from these events."

It seems like the TVXQ lawsuit is getting more convoluted by the day - if SME's statement is forged, how do we know that this alleged confession isn't a fabrication as well? With logical gaps in the arguments presented by both sides of the case, it's difficult to believe any statements being released by either side these days.

With all of this confusion between SME and TVXQ, SME and Mnet and even HoMin and JaeChunSu, it feels like we're watching a multi-layered chess game. Stay tuned to allkpop as we await the next move in this complicated controversy.

Source: CBS, Newsen

Taken from allkpop.com

Guest Dorkiilove
It seems like the TVXQ lawsuit is getting more convoluted by the day - if SME's statement is forged, how do we know that this alleged confession isn't a fabrication as well? With logical gaps in the arguments presented by both sides of the case, it's difficult to believe any statements being released by either side these days.

Guest nana544

SME sure would be a dumb company for even doing things like this....come on, SME need to be smarter than this...it seems like they have no respect for their artists....I feel so sorry for SME artists....because it seems like most of them work so hard, and get pay so little...it's so injustice!!!!

Guest Lee_Sunsu

ugh, i'm just curious about how this will end

I agree!

...this is all getting so... dirty...

If all these allegations are true... Why is SME still operating??

Either way, this is all like a bad divorce.

It needs to end SOON...

Still keepin the faith!

Hahaha. I seriously think somebody is trying to take advantage and a piece of the action between SME and DBSK issue. The concert was canceled way before this crap surfaces when it should be the other way around, then only it'll look plausible. It seemed very possible that somebody cooked this up.

Archived