[news] 3 Members Of Group Dbsk Files Lawsuit

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jejunice

SM is such a TRAITOR!

i knew from the beginning that they've planned to have one more concert at shenzen just to make sure the three will going to come back to them, and after they have lost in the dispute they are canceling it and even blaming the three after all what happened?! how stupid they are?! infinitely stupid!!!

and you SM think fans are stupid enough to believe all your lies? OFCOURSE NOT!

between you SM and TVXQ you think you have guts to be favored? i highly doubt it.

I think these three would be more at peace if they just come up and say, "WE DON'T WANT TO BE IN DBSK ANY MORE." And just split instead of causing so much drama. Yeah, fans are going to be extremely sad, including me. But WTF do you guys want?! You guys are bashing SM but it's the company that creates DBSK and will DESTROY it if they have to. They BOTH screwed up big time. The only difference is JaeJoong, YooChun and JunSu had DBSK on the line, they are gambling YunHo and ChangMin's future too. SM? Nothing happened to them before, what makes you think anything is going to now?

They had deal proposals, SM didn't allow it, they sued, SM lost, SM freeze their activities and no more concert. As far as this go, they're done.

Just the way SME words their statements so far in this lawsuit issue is enough to make my blood boil. And I'm not even a fan of DBSK. I hope that Yoochun, Jaejoong, and Junsu would be able to work it out with Yunho and Changmin and just get the hell out of SME into another company.Better yet, make their own!

Guest cantthinkofaname

I think these three would be more at peace if they just come up and say, "WE DON'T WANT TO BE IN DBSK ANY MORE." And just split instead of causing so much drama. Yeah, fans are going to be extremely sad, including me. But WTF do you guys want?! You guys are bashing SM but it's the company that creates DBSK and will DESTROY it if they have to. They BOTH screwed up big time. The only difference is JaeJoong, YooChun and JunSu had DBSK on the line, they are gambling YunHo and ChangMin's future too. SM? Nothing happened to them before, what makes you think anything is going to now?

They had deal proposals, SM didn't allow it, they sued, SM lost, SM freeze their activities and no more concert. As far as this go, they're done.

THIS!!!

i love how you put it, it's true

Guest kriza_09

Umm, SM is a commercial company, you know, not some non-profit organization. From the company's point of view, DBSK is merely a product, an investment. *Of course this is not true from the point of view of specific people who work with them, namely their managers, or even Lee Soo Man himself, but from the company's POV as a whole, it is*

They can't really let DBSK always have their way, because then everyone else would do the same thing (Suju, SNSND, Shinee, f(x)). It will be completely chaotic.

And about the 13-year contract, I don't think you can really blame SM for that. Again, DBSK is an investment. And every investment has a clear capital budgeting plan before the project is approved (that is, before DBSK members were even decided). They make capital investment (training period, album production, etc) and after a certain period, they can start getting revenue out of it (after debut, album release, etc). And this goes on for a certain period until the return/net revenue repays the sum of the original investment, which is called payback period. And only after that can SM really make money from DBSK. And remember, when the project was proposed, they already had expected rate of return and total cash flow of the whole investment. They already decided how long this project can go on to meet that expected rate of return (that is, 13 years). They already decided what they are going to do (Japanese albums, promotion to other countries, etc). And that's why contracts were made, to ensure the project goes as planned. An investment (DBSK) can't just make its own decision. It's going to disrupt the project, everything that has been planned. That's why they get severe penalty for terminating the contract. It ruins the whole plan and waste time and effort of everyone. Again, they knew it was going to be 13 years and they had already agreed.

WTF SM. WTF. WTF WTF.

Its JaeChunSu's fault that there's no DBSK? Um, HELLO, who's the one with unfair contracts and still have NOT calculated the members' profits etc? I really don't see why SM is pushing all the blame on the boys. The court is in favor to them, the 1mil+ official and nonofficial fans... Hell, SM should see that everyone is against them.

Why would they cancel the concert when the boys even agreed to doing it? Fans will be heartbroken.

But the way this is turning out... it seems like nothing will progress. I won't accept/admit that DBSK will break up. This can't end like H.O.T's situation.

Umm, SM is a commercial company, you know, not some non-profit organization. From the company's point of view, DBSK is merely a product, an investment. *Of course this is not true from the point of view of specific people who work with them, namely their managers, or even Lee Soo Man himself, but from the company's POV as a whole, it is*

They can't really let DBSK always have their way, because then everyone else would do the same thing (Suju, SNSND, Shinee, f(x)). It will be completely chaotic.

And about the 13-year contract, I don't think you can really blame SM for that. Again, DBSK is an investment. And every investment has a clear capital budgeting plan before the project is approved (that is, before DBSK members were even decided). They make capital investment (training period, album production, etc) and after a certain period, they can start getting revenue out of it (after debut, album release, etc). And this goes on for a certain period until the return/net revenue repays the sum of the original investment, which is called payback period. And only after that can SM really make money from DBSK. And remember, when the project was proposed, they already had expected rate of return and total cash flow of the whole investment. They already decided how long this project can go on to meet that expected rate of return (that is, 13 years). They already decided what they are going to do (Japanese albums, promotion to other countries, etc). And that's why contracts were made, to ensure the project goes as planned. An investment (DBSK) can't just make its own decision. It's going to disrupt the project, everything that has been planned. That's why they get severe penalty for terminating the contract. It ruins the whole plan and waste time and effort of everyone. Again, they knew it was going to be 13 years and they had already agreed.

I completely agree with you on this but then again, DBSK members are humans first before artists. The three are merely exercising their rights as Korean artists which is often violated by big companies like SM. They get 2% of revenue for every 500,000 copies of albums they sold, not to mention they still have to split that up between 5 members. The staff members are paid for by the artists themselves, not the company.

Guest septembre

I believe that the only reason that they three didnt say "we dont want to be part of dbsk/tvxq etc. anymore" is, that they still want to stay as five. At least I hope so.

Guest epiklove.

no...sm you're at fault!

technically...if it wasn't for the contracts, the boys would file a lawsuit,

and if the boys didn't file a lawsuit, none of this would have happened. simple as that!

geez sm...why are you always trying to divide up fandoms??!!

i know this is not the last concert for them!

i refuse to see the same ending that h.o.t. had...

always keep the faith <3

Guest kriza_09

I completely agree with you on this but then again, DBSK members are humans first before artists. The three are merely exercising their rights as Korean artists which is often violated by big companies like SM. They get 2% of revenue for every 500,000 copies of albums they sold, not to mention they still have to split that up between 5 members. The staff members are paid for by the artists themselves, not the company.

I'm aware of that. I mean, if this happened before the contract was signed, I couldn't agree more with you. But then, the contract has been signed. The 13-year term clause and the profit distribution clause are clearly written in the contract. All the members and their parents were perfectly aware of that. They knew they would work for SM for 13 years. They knew they would get 2% revenue for every 500,000 copies and they would split it up between the 5 members. They knew they would have to pay the staffs themselves. And they signed the contract, being perfectly aware of that. Once you sign a contract, you commit to it. And both parties do their own job as stated in the contract. It's not a playground where you can just come and play and go home whenever you get tired (or whenever you want to avoid that bully). It's a commitment, you stick to it whether you like it or not.

Thank you for seeing the bigger picture. I'm a huge fan myself, but I'm tired of seeing other fans blindly siding with JaeChunSu. Who were the ones who sued? Who were the ones that decided not to attend the concert? This thing

blew up over that stupid cosmetics company which was started by who behind SM's back? They just used this as

an oppurtunity to throw all their grudges against SM on the table. Anything & everything that could damage SM's

image and help them win their case. I feel bad for the fans in Shenzhen who believed Dong Bang could pull through

this and put on a great show, those who were still supporting the boys thorugh this turmoil. I also feel bad for Yunho

& Changmin who got dragged into this against their will. They didn't want this. I was praying for Dong Bang to get

through this and go back to making music but it isn't looking good. Yunho & Changmin want to stay with SM but

it's gonna be hard for JaeChunSu to go back after all of this.

Guest deeLOVELY

I'm aware of that. I mean, if this happened before the contract was signed, I couldn't agree more with you. But then, the contract has been signed. The 13-year term clause and the profit distribution clause are clearly written in the contract. All the members and their parents were perfectly aware of that. They knew they would work for SM for 13 years. They knew they would get 2% revenue for every 500,000 copies and they would split it up between the 5 members. They knew they would have to pay the staffs themselves. And they signed the contract, being perfectly aware of that. Once you sign a contract, you commit to it. And both parties do their own job as stated in the contract. It's not a playground where you can just come and play and go home whenever you get tired (or whenever you want to avoid that bully). It's a commitment, you stick to it whether you like it or not.

FINALLY.

there is actually someone here who has a brain

why should the sued be holding a concert for the ones who are doing the suing?

Guest ms.incredible

Soooo if DBSK were a bust group that didn't sell any albums, would you still expect SM to promote and release their music for the next 13 years anyway or would you see no problem with them dropping the group? :unsure:

Archived