Lee Sang Yun 이상윤♥️ Actor/Entertainer | [Drama 2023] Pandora: Beneath The Paradise [Drama 2023] Celebrity

OrangeRoo

@stevie8 quote:

I read that in The Duo, NYH played the younger Chun Doong (Chun Jung Myung's character), not LSY's Gwi Dong . This young actor is now appearing in Who Are You as a policeman!  He's been in quite a number of dramas....very promising actor and he looks like LSY too  =D>

@kappy quote:

@sin hoonsim - Thanks for the Quizno's video and info about LSY.  We have a lot in common (though not the physics major part).  Wow, plays piano and guitar, too?  I try to, though better at the latter.

:D its my pleasure to keep SY's thread alive! :bz

Guest stevie8

kappy said: stevie8 said: @kappy, LSY is a carnivore whereas Lee Kwang Soo is a omnivore....LOL.  Look at the way LSY devoured his drumstick....haha!  LSY needs all the protein to sustain those muscles and build the metabolism he needs for all his activities and he was so good in that triple jump on RM with those looooong legs!

OMG thanks for TD interview I didn't even recognized him he looks so different I like his looks in GOF better sorry LSY I still love you though LOL

I'm watching Who are you right now and NYH is so cute/funny he does look like LSY younger version

love the ending of BTS TD interview NYH and LSY hugged it was so cute :)

I just wished LSY loves football too I'm a football kind a gal, I do love basketball as well but not as much as football LOL

yes I love watching LSY eat he acts like a little kid :)

Happy Saturday everyone I'm relaxing today and re watching MDSY LOL

Guest stevie8

Here's the transcript of LSY's interview with TV Report a few months back (after the filming of MDSY ended). Translation provided by @bluebear847 on MDSY thread. Happy Reading ......and getting to know a little bit more about this handsome and awesome actor.
http://news.nate.com/view/20130316n03929
je1r.jpg

Part 1******************************************************************************************************************************Since his debut 7 years ago LSY has always had the "OhmChinAh" image follow him.  Rather than an actor his image of a handsome man that studies well was stronger.  KBS's MDSY is a thankful present to his acting career.

He received a lot of love from female viewers through his role as Kang Woo Jae a devoted man to the female lead, Lee Seo Young.  He might have been the son of a rich family but met his match in high standards with SeoYoung, would there have been a woman who wouldn't have been thrilled.  Lee Sang Yoon while acting as Woo Jae a man that doesn't seem to exist in this world became another man women dream for.

We met recently with Lee Sang Yoon who seems busier these days than while he was filming the drama.  While listening to lectures at his last semester at college, his sleep has been pushed back yet again more to commercial shoots and interviews which would be hard to digest even with 10 bodies, we should have been hearing not complaining but probably start from complains.  However, even with a lack of sleep he has been able to filter through this by his interest in eating and is still happy and laughed openly.

• The change received from MDSY

MDSY aired its first episode on 9/15 and closed this past week on 3/3.  When asked about his feelings on finishing the 6 month long shooting LSY said, "I feel a mixture of empty feelings for a number of different reasons.  Even it being Saturday and Sunday last week when 8 o'clock came around it felt like it was still time for MDSY," out of habit he confessed.

He received a lot of change through the popularity of KWJ in MDSY.  In particular he was surprised at the woman fans that actively express their heart to him when they recognize him.  LSY said, "Even when I go around for interviews the feeling is different from before," and found it amazing.  He smiled shyly and said financially it has been more prosperous as well too.

There were a lot of comparisons made between 'MDSY' and its predecessor that aired, 'You Who Rolled in Unexpectedly.'  It is the truth that people were interested and concentrated on the fact if MDSY would be able to reach or even surpass the popularity and ratings of YWRIU.  MDSY was able to surpass YWRIU and was received as a drama that people could relate and sympathize with the characters.

When we asked about his feelings when MDSY jumped over the ratings of YWRIU he said, "I liked it.  I had the feeling that I was free from the people who compared it to YWRIU."

From the beginning when MDSY aired, there was a lot of comparison like, 'YWRIU was really good do you think you guys can do it?'  'YWRIU was the answer, do you think you can follow the answer?'  Because MDSY beat YWRIU in ratings definitely does not mean that it was better.  However, YWRIU and MDSY were different dramas and stories and we are saying that is good.

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Part 2 to follow

Guest stevie8

Part 2 of the TV Report Interview with LSY :)
***************************************************************************************************************

• Kang Woo Jae vs Lee Sang Yoon, who is better?

When Lee Sang Yoon was casted as Kang Woo Jae a lot of stakeholders recollected his ties with PD Yu Hyun Ki.  Previously, with PD Yu Hyun Ki as director of KBS drama Brain, he was cast and even finished the script reading but was switched with ShinHaKyu and had a lot of heartache.  So there were thoughts that with a sorry heart PD Yu cast LSY in MDSY as the male lead.

With a question with such speculation LSY laughed kind kind-heartedly, "Because of that happening I think that truthfully the director definitely tried to take care over me a lot."  At the MDSY wrap party I heard from the director stories about the people he worked with earlier.  He said the reason wasn't because of the 'Brain' casting change to his knowledge.  But even so, it seemed like he had a sorry heart towards me.  Thank you so much for taking care of me.

Even before appearing in MDSY and since SoHyunKyung writer he showed a masculine image and specifically received an order to do so.  To LSY what do you think is the coolest scene that showed this, "In the beginning WJ in order to forcefully get married to SY he really goes to America and then the scene where he returns to suddenly appear right in front of SY."  He said, "Even reading it from the script, I said with a satisfied expression this is really good, he's so cool."

Through his role as KWJ LSY received the nicknames 'Country's Husband,' and 'Country's Son-in-Law.'  For the reason why people picked WJ as the 'Country's SIL' he guessed, "Because he would be good to their daughters," and said that, "The style like WJ, a man who knows a woman's heart first, is impossible to find even if you died and woke up again.  However, I have the confidence that my eyes wouldn't wander (cheat/flirt)," he said powerfully? and passionately.

Seoul Elite, the incident that he falls completely into acting

Something he often says is that he entered the entertainment world through street casting.  It was during the days he was working for public service and was leaving work and was captured by two people that appeared, a man and a woman.  LSY explained, "At first, I thought 'do you know about my degree' and thought it was more about that area.  They told me to take off my hat, and looked at my face.  They gave me a card and asked if I had an interest in being in a commercial.  Before I met those people I never thought once about working in this area of work."

His parents were not comfortable when their only son that recently returned to an elite college said to them that he wanted to become a celebrity where there is no certain future.  However, they accepted their delighted son's choice.  LSY said, "At first I was light-hearted about it, so I think my parents thought that maybe this would be a chance their son's bashful personality could change too.  But when I said I would try to seriously do acting they became worried a lot."

When asked if there was something in particular that made him think the acting he started lightly to be taken up a level as his living he said this, "It was just at one point I had this thrilling/satisfied feeling.  I just really liked having that feeling itself.  Because I was able to find that feeling I think that is why I kept on going.  So, then I went to an acting school to learn.  I acted in front of the other people taking class together, and I felt the charm of their focused gazes on me.  Up until now there has not been a day where I wanted to give up on acting as much as I like it."

Although what he likes is acting, in order to graduate he's going to stop just for now.  About this LSY said, "The knowledge of physics may not be helpful to acting, it will have meaning to finish something that I've started and a lot of sunbaes in life recommended for me to graduate," while scratching his head, "Another reason is for graduate school.  I don't know when, but there might be a time when I want to study acting properly from theory too.  For a lot of reasons it is necessary to graduate from school."

His greediness for acting will probably never be filled to the day he dies.  At the last question of what kind of project does he want to work on next movie, drama, play, and musical, his eyes shined with light at citing all the genres that had to do with acting.  He seemed like a child with a lot of curiosity.  Actor LSY's growth has only just started.

END.

***************************************************************************************************************

Kamsahabnida to @bluebear847 for the translation.

lehk.jpgn6dz.jpg

8-> <:-P

sin hoonsim said:

Closing party for 'The Duo'

Sang Yoon so happy in this party, compared to MDSY's so formal lol

LSY seemed very relaxed in this wrap party! And Hwa Reong is prettier in GOF :

My oops our prince charming in WHITE lol! his fav casual outfit like RM epi 142

Hwa Ryeong is much much prettier in GOF yes