Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

i just watched the mv..

it kinda scared me at first and i didnt really understand it :/

but then again.. alot of Epik mvs confuse me ><

i think the guy is Lee Junki.. the part when she opened the bag.. it was definitely Lee Junki's eye.

it looks like him just with shorter hair haha.

but i find it weird how she kept him in that room and she watched him suffering and stuff through the cam T__T

and then comes to save him.

i'll probably get it when i understand the lyrics ><

Guest shadowkeeper

Here's a slightly longer summary of Fan.

The guy is in love with a girl and he's stalking her. She doesn't know who he is but he's watching her from a distance.

He dreams of getting close to her and he calls it a "crazy love". He mentions "making you know my name" and "keeping you in my cold heart".

The song really fits the MV, but in this, the genders are switched. I think this is helps make a giant comment on the crazy fangirls around today.

The vid reminds me of Seo Taiji's Heffy End with the creepy stalker girl and the trapped guy. I think this one had it worse though.

And about the guy, I really don't think he's Junki. They have similar eyes, but the rest of the facs is different.

PDVD_000-1.jpg<--- The guy from the vid.

Junki has a longer face.

Guest nonwinky

Hmm...I haven't listened to the CD yet, since I'm going to order it soon, but what is PiHaeMangSang's lyrics about?? You got me into my curious thinking mode, lol.

ok to be TOTALLY honest, i dont really get the whole song...

if you know korean, here are the lyrics

http://www.gasaman.com/zboard/view.php?id=...p;comment_not=1

from my understanding... he's about to take the last subway for the night... there's this girl there... he tries to talk to her but as soon as he touches her shoulder shes floating in the air... something bout her being dead, and cold blood... (im guessing this means shes a ghost, i dunno) i think the guy did something to her cuz it talks about the ghost hating him and following him... and then it goes on to talk about her eyes... how theyre looking for him... and how she's staring at him... hes trying to look away, but when he looks back at her, she's still staring at him. and then... there's a girl in the subway w/ him and the ghost girl is staring at her too... some guy in the next stop comes in and suggests the girl in the subway to get off at the next stop because of the ghost girl...

something along those lines. its confusing... but the way the lyrics are written is really... creepy lol

Tablo's explanation of each song

[Part 1 - The Brain]

1. The End Times (Opening)

- 연주곡.

instrumental

2. 白夜

- 음악인의 혼란스러운 일생을 자화상처럼 그리는 곡. 국내 힙합 최초로 100마디의 랩이 끊임없이 이어진 것이 특징인 곡이다.

A song that shows the crazy life of a musician. The special thing about this song is that for the first time in Korea's hiphop, there is a nonstop 100 word rap

3. 알고보니 feat. jinbo

- 숨 쉬고 있는 것조차 두렵고 무섭고 힘든 일이라고, "세상이 나에게만 못된 것 같다"라고 생각하는 이들이 공감 할 수 있는 곡이다.

A song where people who think even breathing is hard and painful, and feel like the world is evil to only me can sympathize.

4. 실어증 feat. paloalto

- 하고 싶은데 할 수 없는 말들은 누구나 맘속에 품고 있다. 비밀을 속삭이는 곡.

Everyone has things they want to say that they just keep inside. This song tells secrets (?)

5. Mr. Doctor feat. yankie

- 종말의 현상들은 실제로 눈에 보이는걸까? 그저 뇌 속에 피어오르는 신기루뿐일까? 음침한 라틴 사운드가 돋보이는 곡.

Are the conclusion to things really visible to the eyes? Is it just something that we make up in our minds? A song with Latin beats.

6. Runaway (Mithra's Word)

- 미쓰라의 솔로 곡. 혼란스러운 사회 속에, 자신만의 중심을 만들어야하는 이유들과 방법들을 논한다.

Mithra's solo songs. The song tells how to/reasons to create your own balance in this crazy (not good sense) society,

7. Exile (Halftime)

- 연주곡.

instrumental

8. Still Life feat. jinbo, the quiett, kebee, TBNY, MC Meta

- 방황은 젊음의 그림자. 답답해서, 억울해서, 두려워서, 외로워서 자신을 이기지 못하는 젊은 친구들에게 위로의 메시지를 시로 전한다.

rebelliousness is the shadow of youth. This song is a message of comfort for the people who can't control themselves because of frustration, anger, fear, and loneliness.

9. 피해망상 pt. 1 feat. junggigo

- 에픽하이 2집에 실렸던 '피해망상' 시리즈의 또 다른 에피소드. 소름끼치는 괴담을 음악으로 재해석 했다.

Another episode of the "PiHaeMangSang" series from epik's 2nd album. a scary ghost story remade into a song.

10. 희생양 feat. sweet sorrow

- 전쟁, 자연적인 재해... 대재앙의 수많은 victim들은 희생자들일까 희생양들일까?

war, natural disasters...are the victims of these casualties or sacrifices?

11. Nocturne (Tablo's Word)

- 타블로의 솔로 곡. 매일 밤 도시의 어둠속에서 일어나는 '죄'와 '벌'을 논한다.

Tablo's solo song. he talks about the daily happenings in the dark of crime and punishment.

12. 혼

- "누가 뭐래도 나는 절대로 내 꿈을 포기 못해." 가족을 잃어도, 마음을 잃어도, 몸을 잃어도, 혼은 지키겠다는 굳은 메시지가 강력한 곡.

quote from "fly": no matter what other people say, i won't give up on my dreams"... a song saying that he'll keep his soul (stay true to his soul?) even if he loses his family, heart, body

13. In Peace (Closing)

- 연주곡.

instrumental

[Part 2 - The Heart]

1. Slave Song (Overture)

- 연주곡.

instrumental

2. Flow feat. emi hinouchi

- 대중의 '흐름'에 끌려 다닐 것인가 거슬러 갈 것인가? 예술이 테러로, 사랑이 마약으로 여겨지는 가상현실 속에서 반란을 외치는 곡.

are we being pulled by the 'flow' of the masses, or are we goin to go against it? in a fake reality where art is terror and love is a drug, this is a song of rebellion against that.

3. love/crime - 'Fan'의 intro

intro to 'fan'

4. Fan

- 단어 'fanatic' (狂)의 준말로, '사랑'이란 감정이 극대화되면서 자신의 의지로도 어쩔 수 없이 느껴지는 소외감과 고통을 에픽하이만의 새로운 사운드로 표현하는 곡이다.

a shortened word of the word fanatic. when the emotion of 'love' is dramatically increased to the point that even w/ your own will you can't control your feelings of alienation and pain, expressed through epiki high's new sound.

5. 거미줄 feat. itta

- 숨 쉬는 것이 고통스러운 사람을 '구원' 하고 싶다면, 그 '구원'은 무엇일까? 불멸의 사랑을 얘기하는 단편 소설 같은 곡이다.

If you want to save the people who find even breathing painful, what does it mean to 'save'? a song like a short novel about immortal love

6. 선곡표 feat. dj zio of freestyle

- 들을만한 노래와 노랫말들이 참 많았던 "그때"를 그리워하는 곡. 재치 있게 사랑노래 제목들로 가사를 쓴 독특한 형식의 곡이다.

a song that expresses missing the times when there were lots of songs and lyrics to listen to. This song is made up of love song titles (which is why i think this song is so cool lol)

7. 중독 feat. wanted

- 사랑도 끊는 게 아니고 죽을 때까지 참는 거겠죠? 라는 의미심장한 메시지를 전하며, Saxophone 연주가 돋보이는 곡이다.

a song that holds the message: Love isnt something you quit but rather you just hold it in until your death right? the saxophone in this piece is highlighted.

8. Underground Railroad (Intermission)

- 연주곡

instrumental

9. FAQ

- 에픽하이에게 Frequently Asked Questions. 우리의 짧은 답.

epik high's FAQ. our short answer.

10. Love Love Love feat. yoongjin of casker

- 뮤지컬적인 요소들이 가득 담긴 일렉트로니카 곡. 연애의 늘 뻔하면서도 새로운, 유치한 듯 하면서도 가슴 아픈 이야기들을 재해석 했다.

an electronica song with musical style factors. A reinterpretation of the obvious but new, corny but paining stories of love.

11. Girl Rock feat. jiae

- 성범죄의 victim을 바라보는 곡. 깔끔한 사운드와 묘한 조화를 이루는 무거운 가사.

a song about a victim of sexual crimes. a song w/ clean sounds with heavy lyrics.

12. Broken Toys feat. infinite flow

- 창조자와 주인에게 버림받은 로보트들의 마지막 한마디.

Robots' last words to their masters and creators who abandoned them.

13. 행복합니다 feat. jw of nell

- 행복합니다, 행복합니다... 최면처럼 반복해도 어색한 그 말. 낯선 두 남자가 그리는 짧고 쓰디쓴 드라마.

"i'm happy, i'm happy"... words that you repeat over again like hypnosis, yet they are still awkward. a short and bitter drama about two men that dont know each other.

14. Public Execution (Finale)

- 연주곡.

instrumental

tablo uses a lot of big philosophical korean words that i never learned in korean school (lol) so i might not have translated it 100% correct, but i think its a lot easier to understand the songs after reading these.

Guest shadowkeeper

from my understanding... he's about to take the last subway for the night... there's this girl there... he tries to talk to her but as soon as he touches her shoulder shes floating in the air... something bout her being dead, and cold blood... (im guessing this means shes a ghost, i dunno) i think the guy did something to her cuz it talks about the ghost hating him and following him... and then it goes on to talk about her eyes... how theyre looking for him... and how she's staring at him... hes trying to look away, but when he looks back at her, she's still staring at him. and then... there's a girl in the subway w/ him and the ghost girl is staring at her too... some guy in the next stop comes in and suggests the girl in the subway to get off at the next stop because of the ghost girl...

something along those lines. its confusing... but the way the lyrics are written is really... creepy lol

I don't think the song is totally clear about what happened because it's from the guy's pov and he seems distorted, but I got the impression that he had killed this girl and he's being haunted by her.

He repeats wondering if her breathing has stopped, if she's gone cold, if she stopped looking at him resentfully.

The large time jump from 11:50 to 1:10 between the time he sees the girl on the street, she freaks him out, and he runs to get on the train also seems kind of strange.

There really weird part is this other guy gets on the train and he sees a/the strange girl.

Guest kamui_hime

hiii everyone!

i'm not a huge epik high fan, didn't really listen to thier third album, but i must say, i am loving this fan MV and song! currentlly in the process of d/l the entire album, but i was just wondering, out of all their albums, which one do you recommend the most?

btw which one is tablo? all in all all of the rappers were pretty amazing in fan lol

hiii everyone!

i'm not a huge epik high fan, didn't really listen to thier third album, but i must say, i am loving this fan MV and song! currentlly in the process of d/l the entire album, but i was just wondering, out of all their albums, which one do you recommend the most?

btw which one is tablo? all in all all of the rappers were pretty amazing in fan lol

same here im not really a fan of epik high though i kinda got into them when they came out w/their 3rd album.i just heard their new song "fan" and i gotta say it was really catchy! the mv is very depressingn thoug but interesting imo

btw tablo is the smaller guy with the higher voice that can speak better english. srry i cant really explain. someone else wanna help out? lol

Guest .Cherry.

^Yep and a VERY cute nerd, might I add, haha! :lol: This is Tablo for those who don't really know him: :D

picture1rv5.png

If you guys want me to do a picture spam of him, just let me know, LOL!

And thank you so much for transalating AND writing another summary, nonwinky! Wow, the song lyrics sound VERY interesting and yeah, a little creepier than their usual songs! I really gotta listen to the CD like, now...*is so tempted to download it* I know a tiny bit of korean so I'll try and figure out what he's talking about in the rest of his songs. :)

haha ok so i listened nd downloaded the mv and mp3 of fan and i LOVEEE IT!!! it really is a pretty dark song, but its incredibly catchy...props to epik high for their talent! im deff buying the album as soon as i get money, hehehe.....and is it only me, but i really, REALLY do not get the mv??? =[=[

Guest blackwhiteblue

hes the one with glasses and hes the skinnier rapper :D some people say he looks like a nerd

He does look like a nerd. My friends always pester me about that. -_- He sometimes doesn't look like a nerd. :D Sometimes he looks super cool. LOL.

And thank you so much for transalating AND writing another summary, nonwinky! Wow, the song lyrics sound VERY interesting and yeah, a little creepier than their usual songs! I really gotta listen to the CD like, now...*is so tempted to download it* I know a tiny bit of korean so I'll try and figure out what he's talking about in the rest of his songs. :)

PICTURE SPAM, PICTURE SPAM!! :w00t::w00t:

Unless.. anyone here doesn't want a Tablo picture spam. :unsure:

I'm frustrated that I don't understand Korean. I have absolutely no idea what the lyrics are, or what message they're trying to tell everyone. I'll just have to wait patiently for translations. T_T

Exile <------ Lyric didn't appear in this track .... but the sound was perfect !! great ~

Love Love Love is well , too.

Hang bok ham ni da <---- I love Kim Jongwhan of nell >.<

yeahhh i liked exile ^^...that song is on the epik high site ^^

to summarize the song in a super super short version...

the person is totally totally crazily in love with the girl... but the girl doesn't even know who he is.

i agree with what everyone's saying about the album being really dark.

i think the song styles are pretty similar to the 3rd album, but the lyrics are very dark.

for example... PiHaeMangSang's lyrics kinda creeped me out.

and the irony of "HaengBokHamNiDah"... when the song isn't happy at all (as someone mentioned before)... but i like it that way.

o_o are you serious? i thought the lyrics were girl POV haha;;;; i should look at them again =_=.

and yeah, i absolutely loved the irony...and the song's title...it's so different from the lyrics and the way they rap...it has this "lifeless" feel to it on purpose...like it's like...when people repeat "i'm happy" or "i'm okay" with a smile but theyre really not, thigns are not ok but they dont want to tell other people.

Here's a slightly longer summary of Fan.

The guy is in love with a girl and he's stalking her. She doesn't know who he is but he's watching her from a distance.

He dreams of getting close to her and he calls it a "crazy love". He mentions "making you know my name" and "keeping you in my cold heart".

The song really fits the MV, but in this, the genders are switched. I think this is helps make a giant comment on the crazy fangirls around today.

The vid reminds me of Seo Taiji's Heffy End with the creepy stalker girl and the trapped guy. I think this one had it worse though.

And about the guy, I really don't think he's Junki. They have similar eyes, but the rest of the facs is different.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/sha.../PDVD_000-1.jpg<--- The guy from the vid.

Junki has a longer face.

omg heffy end...that .... creeped me out lol. yeah i think they have similar eyes but he doesn't look like junki that much.

for some reason, at some angles he reminds me of the guy in banana boat that looks like Rain or something. :/

nonwinky ohhh thank you so much!! (: whoaaa i love the meanings to the songs<3. i really need the lyrics :X. and the translations.

They had a digital single, Rhapsody of Rain. D: Which I still want >_> ;;

are you serious? oh..haha...digital >< no wonder :X. i never heard it and it's not on the discography on their site x_x. haha;;; my bad, my bad x_x.

^Yep and a VERY cute nerd, might I add, haha! :lol: This is Tablo for those who don't really know him: :D

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/1206/picture1rv5.png

omomgogommgg haha so cute (:<3 yeah, do a picture spam if you want ^^.

lol usually i dont like the nerdy look but lkfjewklfjaekwfwelajflaw tablo makes it all ;

D!! haha.

He does look like a nerd. My friends always pester me about that. -_- He sometimes doesn't look like a nerd. :D Sometimes he looks super cool. LOL.

I'm frustrated that I don't understand Korean. I have absolutely no idea what the lyrics are, or what message they're trying to tell everyone. I'll just have to wait patiently for translations. T_T

*cough* super cool like in the Fan MV :o!!!~~

mm...yeah i have to wait for translations for some of the songs. =_='' its kind of embarrassing that...i'm korean, and i suck at korean ><.

Guest .Cherry.

omomgogommgg haha so cute (:<3 yeah, do a picture spam if you want ^^.

lol usually i dont like the nerdy look but lkfjewklfjaekwfwelajflaw tablo makes it all ;

D!! haha.

*cough* super cool like in the Fan MV :o!!!~~

Hahaha, alrighty!! *YAY!* :lol: I'll wait until the next page to post up the picture spam, whooohoooo! *goes off to find lots of pictures*

Guest truffles

has anyone heard of :

에픽하이 (Epik High) - 집 번호를 준다는 것 (Feat. Lyn) ?

its different from track 07 그녀가 불쌍해 (Feat. Lyn) from 1st jib - mapping of human soul

Guest .Cherry.

Hey again guys! Here is the short picture spam featuring Tablo that I promised to do! Hope you all enjoy it! :lol: *He's such a cutie, lol!!* If you guys want me to spam Tukultz, Mithra, or the group, let me know again. ^_^ Bye for now, hehe! (Pic Credits: Daum/Naver/Google)

tablo7kv0.gif

download2gj6.gif

downloadfa2.gif

tablo4kt2.gif

download6xt8.gif

download5uw2.gif

download1dm8.gif

pcpdownload5ie5.jpg

blo27201shineforzy6.jpg

pcpdownload1lo0.jpg

vaoguegirl1funkynight11kw2.jpg

picture1rd6.png

pcpdownload10iz0.jpg

voguegirl1funkynightpu5.jpg

picture13hq8.png

ddd1estnaz2.jpg

picture14ba4.png

22tablovo9.jpg

downloadje0.jpg

download3ch4.jpg

download1tb5.jpg

3bo7kv4.jpg

epikhigh01fl3.jpg

picture16rk8.png

pcpdownload6qg5.jpg

pcpdownload11kd1.jpg

picture7xx8.png

pcpdownload4yj8.jpg

pcpdownload7eg8.jpg

pcpdownload3fo7.jpg

picture2ul9.png

pcpdownload9wf2.jpg

pcpdownload12zi1.jpg

picture5cp1.png

pcpdownload13sb5.jpg

pcpdownloaduy8.jpg

picture3qf6.png

picture4jo8.png

picture6od7.png

picturef1sz2.png

picture10nm4.png

picture11bz6.png

picture12ac2.png

Guest damifino

I have a question... yesterday I saw an Epik High MV which I guess is their new one. Is the actress in the video Eunsung from Banolim 2? She looked familiar.