Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

DTOX and Micki eyes featurings? Okay, now I definitely know this isn't the real tracklist. First of all, Micki eyes was done with the whole music business a long time ago and is currently making clothes for Hollywood socialites. Second, DTOX... well it's just a joke made by Epik High.

19. (Bonus) 내가 고자라니...!!!(DJ Tukutz's solo)

Also this is a big giveaway that the tracklist was faked. 내가 고자라니 is an inside joke in the DC community.

All right, because I've just been thrown off by the gURL forums with a comment I received, I must ask the Epik High fans on Soompi a question. Epik High is rap/hip-hop, yes or no? I know we've heard Tablo talk about rap and everything, then I get this:

I've never heard "reggae" once in my entire Epik High-liking lifespan, so I just want someone to help me make sure.

what? o__________________o. . . epik high never had any songs that were remotely close to reggae so what is this person talking about? maybe they're being sarcastic haha.

Guest stardaisy212

Epik High will be back with new album in March

20080613epi.jpg

Group Epik High will be back with a new album in March.

It was announced on 21st February, “We will have a new album out in March. We are moving quietly, from the bottom to the top.”

Epik High previously released their 5th album ‘Pieces, Part One’ and ‘LoveScream’ last April and September, both were very well received by music fans.

Credits to Sookyeong @ Wordpress

lol like we didnt no this already XD i guess we can trust the mapthesoul youtube channel :)

Guest mkayimcherry

tablo_20090222_seoulbeats.jpg

credit: seoulbeats

It says in the article that it's Tablo's family picture, LOLOL.

I'm definitely excited for their new album.

As soon as it gets put on yesasia.com, I'm pre-ordering it

D:

About the reggae thing, Epik High sounds nothing like reggae O_O;;

that's an interestin family photo..if it's real..but since they hav a new album do u guys also think that they will go to hb??? sorry if i'm not allowed to ask..but i'd be excited to see them..wow..everyone has albums comin out nonstop..most are pretty good too..

Guest stardaisy212

^

oh i saw on the Epik High Livejournal that MYK and other rappers are touring the US but i'm not sure if Epik High is joining them. You can look at his myspace

i have a quick question about mapthesoul.com. so far, there's only one thing on it right, the freestyle youtube video? because it seems like people have been seeing "updates" on it, but i'm not seeing it...so is anyone else seeing the same thing i am? i even made a webjam for it :D

i havent seen anything on the site either unless they are talking about the youtube channel. well from what i heard, there a chance there is another video going to be up. .0. appearly they posted another video up about a book or something but they took it down >.<

anyways Tablo had interview Jason Mraz

dreamra0209022112122450.jpg

dreamra0209022112122450.jpg

Credits to blacklighter @ EpikFlow

http://www.imeem.com/juragi12/music/dEfEJ4Ez/090220_mp3/

LMAO any drink? Blo is loves to drink dont he XD

Guest crescendoll

i have a quick question about mapthesoul.com. so far, there's only one thing on it right, the freestyle youtube video? because it seems like people have been seeing "updates" on it, but i'm not seeing it...so is anyone else seeing the same thing i am? i even made a webjam for it :D

Yes, they had uploaded the new video earlier today but took it down almost just as fast as they put it up haha. It's back up now though. Hopefully it won't disappear again.

And if anyone hasn't heard, mapthesoul is now on Twitter! WOOHOO!!!

"the creative process is almost over. see you in march, 2009."

...these videos are killing me man.

i seriously can't wait for this to release. march is so near.

Guest crescendoll

Mapthesoul updated their Twitter (it is the same message that appears at mapthesoul.com):

魂:Map the Soul-새로운 형식의 앨범.음반과 책을 하나의 작품으로 준비하고 있습니다.음악은 물론,그 어떤 분야에서든 '창작'을 하시는 분들에게 작은 희망이나 위로를주는 선물이 되었으면 해요.3월, Epik High가 다시 출발점으로 돌아갑니다

I personally can't understand Korean so I'm just throwing it out there for anyone who can read it. The message on the website also includes this line:

조~~~금만 더 기다리세요^^

Sooo yeah!

^ awesome. i'm more than excited and ready for something refreshing, and 110% epik high;

the message on the site keeps mentioning how this will be a new type of album, and the last sentence,

"march, epik high are going back to the starting point."

really shows how this independent label is gonna be a brand new start for them.

i know it's gonna be that "small hope" or "gift from above" (that this message talks about) for me, and everyone else.

haha, and i love how the end of these messages always end with "just wait a little bit longer",

when these little updates alone are making me anticipate the album even more.

by the way, both the new clip uploaded on the site and the newly added message

talk about a book that's being prepared/coming along with the album.

does anyone knows if it's an actual book, or part of the inside of their CD?

edit - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

heck yeah. 1,000th post in the epik high thread. ♥

Guest crescendoll

^ I'm guessing Map the Soul is their own record label, since Epik High are independent. They'll produce their own music under Map the Soul.

Guest stardaisy212

the book i guess that comes with the album is going to be in both english and korean according to what mapthesoul said :). i like the idea of them being independent because they have a lot of freedom and i can see that they are really reaching out for the international fans.

march is coming slowly yet quickly :P

with them being on their own label now, will they still have the same distribution for their album(s)? i know they were with CJ and M.Net when they were with Woolim. maybe im just over thinking it since they seem to be producing the album book in english also..

Guest Allison

I'm late, but I just watched the video. Oh, dude.

"The creative process is almost over. See you in March, 2009"

<3

Makes me even more excited. & Tukutz looked cute in that red jacket, ahaha (;