Add Subtitles To Mp4?

Guest Mani4ever

Question

Guest Mani4ever

which software?
Hey everyone!

I have an mp4 video + a susbtitle file (srt). I've tried putting them in the same folder and rename the subtitle-file, but nothing happens.

I've tried different kinds of softwares (Yamb, etc.) but nothing is working.

I want to transfer the video to my iPhone, and I don't want any watermarks on it nor "5 minutes trial", etc.

Can you guys help me?

6 answers to this question

Guest richardvalentinew

You may refer to this detailed guide on how to add subtitles to MP4:
This guide applies to:

• Add all kinds of subtitles to MP4 like add .srt to MP4, add .srt to MP4, add .ssa to MP4, add .idx to MP4, add .sub to MP4 and etc;
  • Embed subtitles to MP4 without changing the video format and quality; Attach subtitles to MP4 as well as convert MP4 to other video format like AVI, MKV and etc;
  • Add subtitles to MP4 on Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger. Embed subtitles to MP4 on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
  • Add subtitles to other video format like embed subtitles to MKV, VOB, MPG, WMV, AVI and etc;

On 2013/11/15 at 2:57 PM, richardvalentinew said:

You may refer to this detailed guide on how to add subtitles to MP4:
This guide applies to:

• Add all kinds of subtitles to MP4 like add .srt to MP4, add .srt to MP4, add .ssa to MP4, add .idx to MP4, add .sub to MP4 and etc;
  • Embed subtitles to MP4 without changing the video format and quality; Attach subtitles to MP4 as well as convert MP4 to other video format like AVI, MKV and etc;
  • Add subtitles to MP4 on Mac OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, Snow Leopard, Leopard and Tiger. Embed subtitles to MP4 on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP.
  • Add subtitles to other video format like embed subtitles to MKV, VOB, MPG, WMV, AVI and etc;

I prefer this method. The software has the function of add subtiltes, extract subtitles and remove subtitles.

Archived