Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

Song Joong-ki to return to 'Running Man' in special China-Korea episode

2160421-VIU-SONG-JOONG-KI.jpg

Actor Song Joong-ki, who was once a cast member of SBS' variety show, "Running Man," will be a special guest in an upcoming episode of the show.

The cast and crew of "Running Man" is currently filming a collaborative episode with "Hurry Up Brother," a Chinese variety show based on "Running Man." The Chinese cast arrived at Incheon International Airport on April 18.

An associate of the show said on Wednesday that they had invited Song to be a guest in the special episode due to his current popularity in China. Song has accepted the invitation, they said. Song will join the multinational cast on Wednesday evening.

"Hurry Up Brother" airs on ZRTG: Zhejian Television.

mkj1105@heraldcorp.com

http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/song-joong-ki-return-running-man-special-china-korea-episode

• Like 2

Song to appear on China’s ‘Running Man’

20201858.jpg

Actor Song Joong-ki is looking to continue riding the wave of popularity in China from his role in the drama “Descendants of the Sun.”

Song’s management agency announced Wednesday that he will appear on the Chinese entertainment show “Ben Pao Ba Xiong Di 4,” a spinoff of the popular Korean entertainment show “Running Man.”

The star joined the episode shoot, which took place yesterday in Korea. The episode will only air in China. 

“Ben Pao Ba Xiong Di” is a joint project by Zhejiang Television and SBS, which broadcasts “Running Man” in Korea.

The Chinese staff and cast members visited Korea on Sunday to shoot the episode in various parts of Seoul.

“‘Running Man’ is the program that accepted me when I had yet to make any mark in the entertainment scene,” Song said, expressing his fondness and appreciation for the show. 

Earlier in his career, Song was a regular cast member on “Running Man” from 2010 to 2011.

And having recently played the male lead in the record-setting drama “Descendants of the Sun,” Song’s popularity in China has taken off. 

By Jeong Byung-ki

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3017787

• Like 2

Song Hye-kyo calls Song Joong-ki the 'perfect male lead' 

descendants01.jpg?itok=ObdJ5ZpY

"When I read the script for 'Descendants,' I thought that the male lead would have to do a really good job for the drama to succeed," said the actress, who recently starred as the vivacious Dr. Kang Mo-yeon in the smash-hit TV drama "Descendants of the Sun," at a press conference Wednesday.

"Song Joong-ki did such a good job at achieving that difficult task, and made (the character Yoo Shi-jin) charming. I would sometimes get jittery acting alongside him.

"I've been in the industry for quite a while now, and I see a lot of junior actors who aren't like him. (Song) works hard at whatever he does, even with all his fame. ... He did everything a male lead should do perfectly. He is a great guy," she told reporters at the Four Seasons Hotel in northern Seoul.

It has been almost 20 years since Song Hye-kyo debuted on the small screen. She has been lauded not only for her delicate features and petite frame, but also her detailed emotional portrayal; acting, however, is still a "stressful" and "difficult" process for her.

"When I was younger, I used to think that if I got a lot of experience and entered my 30s, acting would become easier," she said. "But it hasn't been like that at all. Acting is still so hard and I think it will continue to be so. Even now, I get nervous every time I start a new series."

Viewers have praised, often enviously, the 34-year-old actress for sparking excellent chemistry with her fellow actors. She's starred alongside a heart-throbbing roster of Korea's most coveted male actors, including Song Seung-heon, Won Bin, Rain, Hyun Bin and most recently, Song Joong-ki.

"I try to focus on the person I'm acting with and immerse myself in the scene in order to portray the emotions," she said. "I think I was able to have good chemistry with male leads because the rhythm between the actors and me fell into place, and because the directors and staff did a good job at capturing that rhythm." 

http://news.asiaone.com/news/showbiz/song-hye-kyo-calls-song-joong-ki-perfect-male-lead

• Like 2

Song Joong-ki spotted with Luhan in Seoul

The cast and crew of SBS’ variety show “Running Man” and Chinese version of the show, “Hurry Up Brother” are filming a collaboration episode in Seoul and actor Song Joong-ki was spotted alongside former EXO member Luhan on set. 

On Thursday, Chinese online media giant Sina Corp. released photos of Song with the cast of “Hurry Up Brother” in a duty free shop in Seoul--where the filming took place. 

Song’s agency Blossom Entertainment announced Wednesday, “Song will star as guest in a special episode for China’s variety show ‘Hurry Up Brother.’”

The details and airing date of the episode are under wraps. 

Actor Song Joong-ki has recently starred as male lead in KBS2 hit drama, “Descendants of the Sun,” opposite actress Song Hye-kyo. 

By Jung Min-kyung (mkj1105@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

Viewers criticize Song Joong Ki's decision to appear on 'Running Brothers' before 'Running Man'

song-joong-ki-_1461194467_af_org.jpg

On April 20, Song Joong Ki was spotted recording for a special episode of 'Running Brothers', which is the Chinese version of SBS's 'Running Man'. Following his hit drama 'Descendants of the Sun', many have been expecting his return on 'Running Man' as well as a guest appearance on 'Running Brothers'. However, Song Joong Ki has chosen to guest on 'Running Brothers' even before any news about returning as a guest on 'Running Man'.

Blossom Entertainment explained the reason as they stated, "'Running Brothers' have tried to cast Song Joong Ki for a very long time, and it was in discussion for awhile. Since Song Joong Ki has special relations to 'Running Man' and producer Im Hyung Taek, he decided to appear on the show." 

However, the public claims a different reason. They accuse the actor, who quickly became a hallyu sensation following his hit drama, of attempting to continue riding the wave of his popularity over in China. Also, an appearance on 'Running Brothers' is financially more effective. 

Netizens commented, "Obviously it's all about the money", "He's trying to soak up the popularity in China when its there", "Appearing on the Chinese show once is probably same as showing up on ten Korean shows", etc. 

What do you think of Song Joong Ki's decision to appear on 'Running Brothers' before 'Running Man'? 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/viewers-criticize-song-joong-kis-decision-to-appear-on-running-brothers-before-running-man

• Like 2

Song Joong-ki in bed

Fashion magazine Harper’s Bazaar Korea released extra photos from actor Song Joong-ki’s spread for the May issue on Wednesday.

The actor posed for the camera bare-chested while wrapped in clean white sheets. 

Another photo of Song portrayed him staring into the camera between a door crack, lending a surreal vibe with his stare.

The crew of the magazine complimented Song on his professionalism. “We tried our best to avoid the paparazzi and fans. We had fun on set because of Song’s professional attitude and leadership.”

Song recently starred as they witty Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin in KBS2 hit TV drama, “Descendants of the Sun.”

• Like 3

Song Joong-ki in bed

Fashion magazine Harper’s Bazaar Korea released extra photos from actor Song Joong-ki’s spread for the May issue on Wednesday.

The actor posed for the camera bare-chested while wrapped in clean white sheets.

Another photo of Song portrayed him staring into the camera between a door crack, lending a surreal vibe with his stare.

The crew of the magazine complimented Song on his professionalism. “We tried our best to avoid the paparazzi and fans. We had fun on set because of Song’s professional attitude and leadership.”

Song recently starred as they witty Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin in KBS2 hit TV drama, “Descendants of the Sun.”

‘Descendants of the Sun’ special tops ratings

The special episode of “Descendants of the Sun” attracted 17.7 percent viewership nationwide, proving its unceasing popularity even after the drama’s finale last week.

The first of a three-part special went air on Wednesday evening. It recreated the 16-episode series into hour-long section, mainly focusing on the love story between the protagonists Song Joong-ki and Song Hye-kyo.

"Descendants of the Sun" special (KBS2)

The episode beat the competitors in the same time slot. MBC drama “Goodbye, Mr. Black” gained 8.1 percent viewership while the first episode of SBS drama “Entertainer” kicked off with less-than-satisfactory 6.2 percent.

The other two special episodes will air at 10 p.m. on Thursday and 9:35 p.m. on Friday, which will contain behind-the-scenes clips of the drama.

KBS2 drama “Descendants of the Sun,” which aired from February to April, successfully wrapped up last week, with the final episode reaching a record 38.8 percent viewership.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3