Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

Song Joong Ki Talks About Melodrama Acting and His Feelings About Flower Boy Image

Song Joong Ki Talks About Melodrama Acting and His Feelings About Flower Boy Image

Although Kim Eun Sook, the writer of the massively popular drama “Descendants of the Sun,” is known for writing slightly cheesy lines, many viewers have praised lead actor Song Joong Ki for managing to pull them off and make them seem natural. At a press conference on April 15, Song Joong Ki was asked what his secret is to making those kind of lines in a melodrama work.

“I don’t have anything I’d call a secret,” he says. “But no matter what, my usual self is always going to come out on screen, and I always think to myself, ‘When you’re acting in a melodrama, don’t make it seem cringeworthy.’”

“On the most basic level, I stay loyal to the script,” he says. “I try to put myself in the writer’s shoes and think about why they wrote these lines or this scene. What about the scene before? What about the scenes in the next episode? I think about that a lot.”

Song Joong Ki is also asked about his image as a “flower boy” or pretty boy. He replies, “I have no intention of trying to get rid of my image as a ‘flower boy.’ An actor’s appearance is very important.”

He adds with a laugh, “I take good care of my skin, and do my best to prevent signs of aging.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/17/song-joong-ki-talks-about-melodrama-acting-and-his-feelings-about-flower-boy-image/

• Like 4

Song Joong-ki kicks off Asia tour

Actor Song Joong-ki kicked off his Asia fan meeting tour with “Song Joong-ki the fifth fan meeting in Seoul: the day we meet again” at the Grand Peace Hall in Kyung Hee University on Sunday.

It was attended by some 4,000 fans. Tickets for the fan meeting had almost immediately sold out when they went on sale on March 31.

Song’s last fan meeting was on Aug. 17, 2013, 10 days before he enlisted in the military.

The fan meeting featured various events related to the KBS2 hit TV drama series “Descendants of the Sun” in which Song played the male lead Captain Yoo Si-jin. The last episode of the TV drama aired last Thursday. Three special episodes featuring highlights of the 16-part drama series are scheduled to air April 20-22 on KBS2 at 10 p.m.

Actor Park Bo-gum made a surprise guest appearance onstage at Sunday’s fan meeting. Both Song and Park are represented by Blossom Entertainment.

Song will hold fan meetings in several Asian countries, including China, Taiwan, and Thailand in May and June. The next fan meeting is scheduled to be held at Thunder Dome, Muangthong Thani in Bangkok, at 6 p.m. on May 7.

By Jung Eun-jin (jej2403@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 3

Park Bo Gum and Lee Kwang Soo Snap Shot With Song Joong Ki After Surprising Him at His Fan Meeting

Park Bo Gum and Lee Kwang Soo Snap Shot With Song Joong Ki After Surprising Him at His Fan Meeting

Some of Song Joong Ki’s celebrity friends and members of the “Descendants of the Sun” family thrilled both him and his fans at his fan meeting in Seoul on April 17!

Actor Park Bo Gum was Song Joong Ki’s first guest at his fan meeting, which was a total surprise to the actor. He was first challenged to try to guess who his first guest was just by his voice, and Song Joong Ki reportedly said, “Park Bo Gum said he had to be in Taiwan today so it couldn’t be him.” But Park Bo Gum soon was heard saying, “Hello, I’m Park Bo Gum who loves Song Joong Ki!”

Song Joong Ki was reportedly shocked to see his friend and Blossom Entertainment label mate, and asked Park Bo Gum how he could be there when he had said he was busy. “That was a lie,” replied Park Bo Gum, making everyone laugh. Park Bo Gum also designed the logo for the fan meeting.

Song Joong Ki’s good friend Lee Kwang Soo, who made a cameo in the first episode of “Descendants of the Sun,” also surprised the actor by appearing at his fan meeting with a giant bouquet of flowers. Park Bo Gum later posted a photo on Twitter of the three of them backstage, with the caption “My hyungs are the best” and added some cute hearts.

Gummy, who sang the popular track “You Are My Everything” on the drama’s soundtrack, also performed live for fans at the fan meeting. On April 17, CJeS Entertainment shared a photo of Gummy and Song Joong Ki on Instagram. The caption to the photo reads, “I was so happy that the fans asked for an encore!”

gummy song joong ki

During the fan meeting, Song Joong Ki also thrilled fans by giving them special presents such as putting on lip balm for them, giving them back hugs, taking photos with them, and recording his voice for them to set as their alarm. Finally, he treated them to a cover of Kim Dong Ryul’s “Like a Child” and promised to see them all again soon.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/17/park-bo-gum-and-lee-kwang-soo-snap-shot-with-song-joong-ki-after-surprising-him-at-his-fan-meeting/

• Like 4

So I've been avoiding watching Running Man all this time because I'm afraid I'm going to get addicted (which happened for sure, this show is aweeee) but when I found out that Joong Ki oppa is in it I decided to finally watch it....and omg he's so cute! His personality now seems more matured (well, he's older too), but he has such a great presence back then too! Lots of smiles and very brainy :D Love him. 

• Like 4

Descendants Of The Sun star Song Joong Ki laments loss of privacy

SEOUL - Descendants Of The Sun heart-throb Song Joong Ki said he is a tad upset that his phenomenal fame has affected his privacy.

Song, 31, spoke at an interview last Friday in Seoul, his first since the hit drama wrapped on Thursday amid fans' fervour.

"I'm a little upset these days. My family has been exposed to the media," the Korea Herald quoted him as saying.

"Some people break into our house. My ex-girlfriend's photos are circulating online. To say that these are things I need to endure for the sake of celebrity... that's sad. I want to respectfully request that my private life remains private."

Old photos showing him hugging an ex-girlfriend, a non-celebrity, had hit the Internet recently.

"People say I'm a hallyu celebrity now, but I don't really feel that way," he said earlier.

Fans wonder if he is, in real life, as masculine and a ladies' man as Captain Yoo Si Jin, the character he played in the drama.

Told that the film crew had revealed that he is a man's man and very masculine on set, Song said: "I'm not sure what the standard for being masculine is. I don't really know what they're referring to.

"Maybe it's because I pick up the tab for our after-work meals a lot," he joked. Cracking jokes is, in fact, the only similarity he and Yoo share, he said, as reported by the Herald.

"Yoo Si Jin likes to make jokes, and I do too. Even at this interview so far, I already made a few jokes," he replied to a question.

"If I were like him, I would have been much more popular. But do you think men like him really exist? As writer Kim (Eun Sook) said, it seems like a fantasy," he said of Yoo.

source: straitstime

Asia falls for South Korean military romance

SEOUL (AFP) - Millions across Asia will sit down this week for the finale of a hit South Korean drama series that has triggered relationship health warnings in China, a thumbs-up review from Thailand's junta chief and a trans-regional passion for its two young stars.

Descendants Of The Sun tells the story of an army captain sent on a peacekeeping mission to a fictional war-torn country, Uruk, where he meets and falls in love with a surgeon working with a medical NGO.

The 16-episode show has garnered impressive domestic ratings for broadcaster KBS, but its real success has been overseas and the series has been hailed for reviving the so-called "Hallyu" (Korean Wave) of K-pop and K-drama that started spreading across Asia in the early 2000s.

t has proved particularly popular in China, where it has been simulcast on the video-streaming site iQiyi.com and has notched up more than 2.0 billion accumulated views, while becoming one of the top-ranked search and discussion topics on Weibo, China's version of Twitter.

"Will I be able to find an acceptable husband if I keep watching K-dramas?" said one Weibo user, describing herself as "totally in love" with lead actor Song Joong-Ki's character.

Such obsessive yearnings triggered a tongue-in-cheek warning from China's Public Security Ministry about thousands of women who were suffering from "Song Joong-Ki sickness."

"When chasing male or female stars, do not become too infatuated with them, because sometimes your casual words could end up hurting those who really care for you," the ministry advised on its own Weibo account.

And it is not just China. In Singapore, advertising executive Jamayne Lam, who described Song as "every girl's dream," confessed to getting hooked on the drama after just 10 minutes and binge-watching all 11 available episodes in two days.

In Hong Kong, where it's shown on Viu TV - a free-to-air channel that also has an online portal - the series is popular with commuters who like to view it on their smartphones while travelling to and from work.

"After watching the first episode, I could not help but chase it," said Susan Yuen, a 30-year-old clerk, adding that waiting for the latest episode upload had become a weekly routine for her and many colleagues in her office.

Korean dramas normally begin airing before later episodes are filmed - allowing for ratings-boosting script adjustments. But "Descendants of the Sun" was pre-recorded in its entirety - a major "risk", according to its South Korean producer Next Entertainment World (NEW).

source: straitstime

• Like 4