Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

Song Joong Ki Shares Who He Thinks Are True Hallyu Stars

Song Joong Ki Shares Who He Thinks Are True Hallyu Stars

With the recent end of his beloved drama “Descendants of the Sun,” actor Song Joong Ki is constantly being referred to as a “Hallyu star.” “Hallyu” is a term that means “the Korean Wave” and refers to the outflow of Korean culture to other countries abroad.

But who does he think is the real Hallyu star?

“I can’t get used to the idea of being a ‘Hallyu star,’” he said in a recent interview. “I think that this is just a brief wave for me because of the drama. Song Hye Kyo is the real Hallyu star. She’s been working abroad for many years now. I still have a lot of work to go.”

He added, “I also think the ‘Asian prince,’ Lee Kwang Soo, is a true Hallyu star.” The two actors have been close friends since they appeared on “Running Man” together in 2010.

“Lately, I’ve been worried about losing sight of my beginnings,” he concluded. “I don’t want to forget my roots, but I don’t want to think too much about them so that I can’t grow further. I think I just have to live the way I’ve always done.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/16/song-joong-ki-shares-who-he-thinks-are-true-hallyu-stars/

• Like 5

Song Joong-ki meets 4,000 fans in Seoul

Actor Song Joong-ki will meet 4,000 fans in Seoul Sunday. The event will begin at 2 p.m. at the Grand Peace Palace, Kyung Hee University.

This is his first fan meeting since his discharge from the military in May.
Song, 30, shot to stardom after starring in KBS TV's 16-episode drama "Descendants of the Sun," which ended last week.

The fan meeting will include Song singing one of the tracks from the drama, the actor's management agency, Blossom Entertainment, said. There also will be a special guest, it said.

Song plans to hold an event for his overseas fans. The first event of this kind will be held in Bangkok, Thailand, on May 7.

Meanwhile, the actor was selected as the best entertainer for Presidential candidate in a recent survey of international students here by Kyung Hee University and Yonhap News Agency.

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/culture/2016/04/201_202733.html

~~~~~~~~~~~

'Descendant of the Sun' actor Song Joong-ki draws 4,000 in fan meeting

Actor Song Joong-ki (Yonhap file photos)

SEOUL, April 17 (Yonhap) -- Actor Song Joong-ki, who became a household name through his recently-finished drama series 'The Descendants of the Sun,' drew some 4,000 fans in his first fan meeting held in about three years on Sunday.

The concert hall inside Kyunghee University in eastern Seoul was packed with fans as Song took the stage for the event named "Song Joong-ki's fifth fan meeting: the day we met again" earlier in the day.

It was the actor's first reunion with his fans since his previous fan meeting held in August 2013, right before he served his mandatory two-year military service.

Tickets for the Sunday fan meeting were sold out instantly after ticket sales went online on March 31. The tickets, originally priced at some US$20, were later circulated in the black market at far higher prices.

Fans who couldn't get the tickets went online, grieving their lost opportunities and calling for video records of the fan meeting.

"I have been down all this week because I couldn't get a ticket. I am so envious of those who did that I am almost crying," one fan, whose ID starts with "haes," said in the same manner of military speech that Song used in the drama.

This local fan meeting is the beginning of Song's multiple-nation fan-meeting tours in Asia which includes one in Bangkok on May 7.

With a love story between Army Capt. Yoo Si-jin played by Song and a female volunteer doctor played by Song Hye-kyo, the KBS 2TV series was a mega hit in and outside of South Korea after concluding with a 38.8-percent viewership here last week.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news/2016/04/17/0200000000AEN20160417001900315.html

• Like 3

Cute BFF conversation between JoongKi and KwangSoo.

~~~~~~~~~~

Song Joong Ki’s Fan Meeting Tickets Are Being Sold Illegally at Insane Prices

Song Joong Ki’s Fan Meeting Tickets Are Being Sold Illegally at Insane Prices

Currently garnering national popularity since the ending of the drama “Descendants of the Sun,” actor Song Joong Ki will be kicking off his Asia fan meeting tour, starting with the event in Seoul on April 17 KST at Kyunghee University.

While all 4000 available tickets were sold out through advance reservation, it seems that there are some illegal ticket brokers selling them for about one million won (approximately $900) after the fact.

The tickets are being sold for dozens of times more than the original price of 22,000 won (approximately $20), an indication of Song Joong Ki’s sky-high popularity.

Posts on auction and used good sites for tickets to the actor’s fan meeting event are more than a few. While some are hoping for tickets at the original price, many seem to be sold with an added premium of about 40,000-50,000 won (approximately $35-$44), or even 100,000-200,000 won (approximately $90-$170).

An event representative commented, “Tickets with added prices in the tens range is actually not that bad, there are some that are being sold for one million won (approximately $900) with some Chinese fans joining in on the sale of tickets. Since there are many who want them even after they were sold out, really the price is up to the seller.”

Meanwhile, Song Joong Ki enjoying the highest popularity since his debut with his role as Yoo Si Jin in KBS2′s “Descendants of the Sun.”

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/16/song-joong-kis-fan-meeting-tickets-being-sold-illegally-at-insane-prices/

• Like 5

Park Bo Gum Personally Designs Logo for Song Joong Ki’s Fan Meeting

Park Bo Gum Personally Designs Logo for Song Joong Ki’s Fan Meeting

Park Bo Gum made a guest appearance at fellow actor Song Joong Ki’s fan meeting event on April 17, to the delight of 4000 fans.

As Song Joong Ki’s junior from the same agency, Park Bo Gum showed his support by designing the logo on the goods distributed to the participants of the event, reaffirming their strong friendship.

song joong ki fan meeting park bo gum

This was Song Joong Ki’s first fan meeting since being discharged from the military. He will be following up with with another event in Bangkok, Thailand as well as the Chinese region.

Meanwhile, as seen by the illegal sale of his fan meeting tickets, Song Joong Ki is receiving lots of love for his role in the mega popular drama “Descendants of the Sun,” which aired its final episode recently.

http://www.soompi.com/2016/04/17/park-bo-gum-personally-designs-logo-for-song-joong-kis-fan-meeting/

• Like 7