Song Joong Ki 송중기 - [Upcoming Movie 2024] My Name Is Loh Kiwan

gm4queen

class="titleNews" style="font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 28px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Song Joong Ki Says ′Martial Arts′ Role is Not Confirmed
Song Joong Ki′s reps have released a statement regarding reports of the actor′s appearance in the movie Martial Arts (Translated). 

On January 30, Song Joong Ki′s agency, Blossom Entertainment, told Newsen, "We have received an offer to appear in the film Martial Arts, but it′s just one of the many projects that were offered to us." The agency added, "We haven′t decided on anything." 

"He will be getting discharged in May. There′s still a few more months left of his military life. We′ll decide on a follow-up project once he gets discharged," continued the rep. "As of now, it′s not time to be deciding on projects. Getting discharged is first." 

86350002.jpg

Taking place in the future where energy is being depleted, Martial Arts is a sci-fi fantasy action movie about a high school teenager who ends up living in a town full of criminals and protecting the secret to infinite energy. 

Korea′s CJ E&M and China′s CFG, China Film Group will be producing the 20,000,000 dollar movie, and it will be distributed by Pegasus & Taihe Entertainment. 

Martial Arts was initially supposed to be Zo In Sung′s comeback project after he was discharged from the army, but as production became delayed, Zo In Sung left the project. In April of 2014, there was news that Yeo Jin Goo was confirmed to take the role, but the Chinese investment company wanted Kim Soo Hyun, who was rising in popularity due to You Who Came From the Stars. Yeo Jin Goo was suddenly cut from the project, causing much controversy. 

When Kim Soo Hyun′s appearance also did not pull through, Martial Arts was put on hold for several months. With Martial Arts offering the role to Song Joong Ki, the public is looking to see what will happen. 

Photo Credit: Newsen
Mwave

itemprop="name" class="entry-title" style="margin: 17px 0px 7px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 40px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 34px; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Song Joong Ki denies participation in ′Martial Arts′ movie55739-297261-540x811.jpgSong Joong Ki

With rumors swirling around today that actor Song Joong Ki will be appearing in upcoming movie ′Martial Arts,’ the actor’s agency has now stated that it’s just one of many offers that he is considering following his military discharge in May 2015.

Song’s agency stated, “Besides ′Martial Arts,’ Song Joong Ki has also gotten other offers, and everything is still being discussed. The movie can only begin filming after he gets discharged from the army. It will be an important production for him, since it will be his comeback after a while, so he needs to consider carefully. We as an agency are also actively looking over all the offers that had been offered to him thus far. Song Joong Ki is currently serving in the army, and is unable to personally attend any of the meetings, so a decision can only be made after his discharge regardless.”

′Martial Arts′ will be written and directed by Park Kwang Hyun of ‘Welcome to Dongmakgol’ fame, and the project actually received much attention initiall for being Zo In Sung′s comeback project a few years back. But the project got delayed, and led to Zo In Sung’s exit.

The project was then revived in April of last year after getting investment from Korea′s CJ E&M and China′s CFG, China Film Group. Controversy struck however when Yeo Jin Goo who had signed on to headline the movie, was suddenly cut from the project for no apparent reason.

Further controversy erupted when it was reported that the Chinese investment company had secretly met Kim Soo Hyun and wanted to cast him instead, because of his growing popularity. But the move did not materialize, and the project was put on hold again until now.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Sorry, but I hope that he WON'T accept the offer... The production of this movie is a little mess~
Song Joong-ki courted for sci-fi fantasy as post-army comebackby javabeanssongjoongki_143.jpg

Hm, so looks like the sci-fi action blockbuster Fist Fighting is still looking for a leading man, with Song Joong-ki (Nice Guy) emerging as the latest name in contention, and before he’s even been released from army duty. According to a statement made on the 30th by a source with the film’s production, Song is looking at headlining the film, although his management quickly countered by saying that Fist Fighting is only one of many offers on the table, and that for now he is focused on completing his service.

The film has had trouble locking down a leading man, beginning with its initial choice, Jo In-sung (It’s Okay, It’s Love), who dropped out of the project when shooting was postponed. The project was dormant until the decision was made to co-produce the film with Chinese partners with a hefty 20 billion won (20 million dollars) production budget, and producers selected Yeo Jin-gu (I Miss You) to lead… only to then dump him (after contracts were signed, to boot) while trying to nab Kim Soo-hyun (You From Another Star), who was experiencing a huge surge of popularity in China. (To his credit, Kim refused as soon as he heard of the situation, leaving the film with neither star.) Yoo Ah-in (Secret Love Affair) was also at one point in the mix as a potential lead, but did not bite.

Read more here: Dramabeans

Song Joong-ki's agency talks about rumor on casting for 'Kwon Bob'
photo558202.jpg

Song Joong-ki's agency confirmed he had not decided anything on the casting offer for 'Kwon Bob'.
A source from the agency, Blossom Entertainment said, "It is true the casting offer came through, however the news he accepted the offer is wrong information".
A lengthy discussion has been going on about the film, 'Kwon Bob' since many years ago.
When the film was in the planning stage, it was supposed to be Jo In-Seong's first work after he was dismissed from the military service. However his casting was cancelled while it had kept Jo In-Seong on standby. After the incident, the film again chose Yeo Jin-goo as the lead, but again it did not work out because a conflict arose when the news broke of the casting that it was offered to Kim Soo-hyeon-I at the same time.
The agency explained additionally, "Other various offers including the one for 'Kwon Bob' have been received. But he is serving the military at the moment. He will concentrate on his current task during the remaining period of the service until he is dismissed".
SourceHanCinema

Song Joong-ki in "Kwon Bob"?

photo558631.jpg

Actor Song Joong-ki knows nothing about starring in "Kwon Bob" as of yet.

"Kwon Bob" is a movie Park Gwang-hyeon has been producing for 10 years. In the far future when our energy resources have been used up, a high school student travels to a land where only criminals reside and discovers a endless energy source.

It is a Korea-China collaborated movie worth 20 billion won. Jo In-Seong had initially agreed to star in it but the delay caused him to step down.

Yeo Jin-goo was then cast after Jo In-Seong but he too, stepped down due to management issues.

Source : star.mt.co.kr/view/st...
Credit Hancinema

Taken from Gong Yoo Soompi thread

Taiwan media networks made a vote Korean star who is best suited to play leads of the drama IN TIME WITH YOU...credit Korean start dailyLi Da Ren1. Gong Yoo
Song Joong-ki
3. So ji sub

Cheng You Qing
1. Kang So ra2. Song Ji Hyo3. Gong Hyo Jin

I love ITWY... the original writer of ITWY picked Gongyoo & So Ji Sub as her picks to star... I myself pick Gongyoo.. but if not Gong Yoo then it would be awesome to have this as Song Joong Ki's drama comeback... and maybe opposite kang sora..?

class="titleNews" style="font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); background-size: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: initial; background-repeat: initial;"Song Joong Ki Receives Drama Love Call from the Writer of ′The Heirs′
With Song Joong Ki getting discharged from the army in May, it′s been revealed that he received a lovecall from romantic comedy factory, writer Kim Eun Sook, gaining much attention for what he′ll do after he′s out. 

According to broadcast affiliates on February 4, Song Joong Ki recently received an offer to appear as the male lead in Kim Eun Sook′s newest drama, Descendants of the Sun (tentative). 

As he′s still in the army, a confirmation cannot be made, but it′s said that Song Joong Ki′s agency and the drama production company have already begun sincere discussions.

86714002.jpg

Descendants of the Sun is a project that will require many overseas shoots as well as a large amount of production fee and time. 

With Kim Eun Sook known for her hit dramas, such as Secret Garden, The Heirs, On Air, Lovers in Parisand more, the pre-production of this drama is already gathering attention on and off the screen. It′s said that KBS is planning on broadcasting this drama in the second half of 2015, although the details are still being discussed. 

Anticipation is high as to whether Song Joong Ki does join Kim Eun Sook in this project. Kim Eun Sook is known for her ′win-win′ history of working with top stars, like Hyun Bin in Secret Garden and Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin in The Heirs

As Song Joong Ki has been noticed for his eye-catching looks and acting ahead of his military enlistment, people are predicting that if both sides come to a final agreement, the public response will be explosive. 

Regarding this, Song Joong Ki′s agency, Blossom Entertainment told Newsen, "As his army discharge approaches closer, we′ve been getting flooded with many offers." 

The rep continued, "Just as we′ve said with the previous movie offer, we′re leaving the offers forDescendants of the Sun and many others open and discussing them." 

Song Joong Ki was previously offered a role in the Korea-China produced movie, Martial Arts. The agency stated then, "We have received an offer to appear in the film Martial Arts, but it′s just one of the many projects that were offered to us. We haven′t decided on anything."

Song Joong Ki enlisted in the army in August 2013 and will be discharged in May. 

Photo Credit: Newsen
Source: Mwave

Dramabeans' take on the latest casting rumours:
Song Joong-ki considers new drama Descended From the Sunby girlfriday | February 4, 2015 | 3 Comments

SongJoongKi1.jpg

Oh man, I have such mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, YAY Song Joong-ki(Nice Guy, Wolf Boy) will be out of the army and is already looking at projects to return to dramaland! On the other hand, if he returns in a Kim Eun-sook drama (the hit writer ofHeirs, Secret Garden), I’ll have to follow two years of waiting with two months of pulling my hair out. Of course, this is purely a selfish reaction, since making your army comeback in a hitmaker’s new drama isn’t anything to scoff at.

Link: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/02/song-joong-ki-considers-new-drama-descended-from-the-sun/

It's been so long since my last post here .... my mourning period is still going and I just keep thinking he's on a long vacation XD please don't judge me :)) Joong Ki ahh , this dongsaeng of yours have been marking her calendar everyday T_T please comeback safe , healthy and as pretty as ever . 
Talking about comeback ... the news of Descendants of the Sun o.o I have mixed feelings about this because of KES , I LOVED ' ON AIR ' , liked City Hall , Secret Garden & AGD were so so but hated Heirs so much .... so I don't know what to expect from her this time T_T
About his leading lady .... can't they cast Park Bo Young ??? T_T they're such a beautiful couple who kicked a**es on Chungmuro , it would be awesome if they do the same on the small screen as well ( justice for them .... Happy Ending for them !!!! T_T ) 

the girl who!

said: It's been so long since my last post here .... my mourning period is still going and I just keep thinking he's on a long vacation XD please don't judge me

:)

) Joong Ki ahh , this dongsaeng of yours have been marking her calendar everyday T_T please comeback safe , healthy and as pretty as ever . 

Talking about comeback ... the news of Descendants of the Sun o.o I have mixed feelings about this because of KES , I LOVED ' ON AIR ' , liked City Hall , Secret Garden

About his leading lady .... can't they cast Park Bo Young ??? T_T they're such a beautiful couple who kicked a**es on Chungmuro , it would be awesome if they do the same on the small screen as well ( justice for them .... Happy Ending for them !!!! T_T ) 

StaRix said:

the girl who!

said: It's been so long since my last post here .... my mourning period is still going and I just keep thinking he's on a long vacation XD please don't judge me

:)

) Joong Ki ahh , this dongsaeng of yours have been marking her calendar everyday T_T please comeback safe , healthy and as pretty as ever . 

Talking about comeback ... the news of Descendants of the Sun o.o I have mixed feelings about this because of KES , I LOVED ' ON AIR ' , liked City Hall , Secret Garden

Guest Geumchi

I really miss Song Joong Ki... I really want him to have a comeback drama soon. Kim Eun Sook is the screenwriter of some of my favorite drama and is known to cast her favorite actors and actress, that fact that she sent the script to him means he's one of them.

itemprop="name" class="entry-title" style="margin: 17px 0px 7px; font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-weight: normal; line-height: 40px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 34px; word-wrap: break-word; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Song Joong Ki could be starring in writer Kim Eun Sook’s new drama ‘Descendants of the Sun’1423041297_18113938-51-540x686.jpg

Actor Song Joong Ki will be discharged from the army in May, and there are reports that the actor is seriously considering taking the lead role in star writer Kim Eun Sook’s new project ‘Descendants of the Sun’ which will air later this year on KBS 2TV.

An official revealed that Song Joong Ki had recently met Kim Eun Sook to discuss ‘Descendants of the Sun,’ where the latter expressed her hope that he will take the lead role. Although Song Joong Ki is still in the army, the actor is reportedly taking a serious view towards accepting the offer.

‘Descendants of the Sun’ is a production that will involve plenty of overseas filming, and a large budget has already been foreseen in the planning phase. Star writer Kim Eun Sook who is known for her successful romance comedy productions like ‘Secret Garden,’ The Heirs,’ ‘On Air,’ Lovers in Paris,’ and others, is thus drawing much attention for her next project. KBS TV has also expressed that it would be airing the drama in the latter half of the year, but the exact date can only be confirmed later.

If Kim Eun Sook and Song Joong Ki eventually end up working together on the drama, it will definitely be a win-win situation, and also something that everyone will be looking forward to. Kim Eun Sook previously worked with top stars like Hyun Bin in ‘Secret Garden,’ and Lee Min Ho and Kim Woo Bin in ‘The Heirs’ previously, and created a win-win situation for both parties.

Before Song Joong Ki enlisted in the army, he had already garnered much attention and recognition for having excellent acting ability coupled with good looks among his peers of the same age. With rumors that both parties had been in the advanced stage of talks recently, many are looking forward to seeing what influence they would bring in their partnership.

A representative from Song’s agency said, “With Song Joong Ki’s discharge date nearing, more and more offers have indeed come in. Just like the rumors which linked him to a movie recently, ‘Descendants of the Sun’ is just one of the many offers that have also come in. We can’t rule out anything, and everything is still being discussed,” as he displayed a cautious attitude towards Song Joong Ki’s comeback project.

The actor was recently rumored to be participating in upcoming movie ‘Martial Arts’ which is jointly funded by companies in China and Korea. Despite consistent rumors of his confirmed casting in the movie, Song’s agency stated, “We have indeed received an offer for the movie, but this is just one of the many offers that Song Joong Ki has received, and nothing has been decided as yet.”

Song Joong Ki enlisted in August 2013, and will complete his service in May of this year.

By: Alvin
Copyright@KpopFighting.com

[★K:OP-ED] Kim Soo Hyun’s future enlistment and Song Joong Ki’s return

Source: Koreaboo

Kim-Soo-Hyun-Song-Joong-Ki.jpg

Korean drama fans are experiencing bittersweet feelings following news of Song Joong Ki’s return from the army and the inevitable enlistment for Kim Soo Hyun this year.

Behind-the-scenes competition between the two top drama stars is a constant heated battle as the two vie for dynamic roles. Song Joong Ki will be released from his enlistment in May, and while his representatives have denied that the actor will be enlisting soon, speculation is high that Kim Soo Hyun’s enlistment will most likely occur later this year.

The two superstars are busily trying to determine their next move and project in a discreet manner. Officials of the entertainment industry have been speaking of the possibility of a drama that will be suitable for both stars. The number of rumors and scenarios that are flying in the office is too large to count.

Both Kim Soo Hyun and Song Joong Ki are household names and top stars in the industry. In particular, Kim Soo Hyun gained explosive success following his most recent drama You Who Came From the Stars starring alongside Jun Ji Hyun early last year. To say that all eyes and ears are focused on his every move is no exaggeration. South Korea and China have all focused their attention on the actor. The next script that he decides to take on will have a major influence on who will have the rights to “export” the actor in the future. Please Don’t Just Appear is currently sending love calls to the actor.

One official said, “Although the time is undecided, it is public knowledge that Kim Soo Hyun has passed the physical examination.” Adding that, “Dramas and movies are making every effort to sign Kim Soo Hyun. However, since the actor has never once failed at the box office, it is important that he makes a prudent choice for his next project.

Song Joong Ki will officially end his enlistment in May and has been carefully choosing his next move. The different scenarios surrounding the actor poured in, including the possibility of working with Kim Soo Hyun. What’s more is that following the news of Kim Soo Hyun’s possible enlistment, Song Joong Ki is in a position where his value will rise.

At this time, the producers of Martial Arts are rumored to be in contact with Song Joong Ki for a possible upcoming sequel. Of course, there is news that other production companies are also in contact with him. While nothing is confirmed for the sequel, there is intense competition to land the actor for a role. Another sequel movie is also sending love calls to Song Joong Ki, reaching out to the actor and hopefully building a bridge for a future project.

Competition between Song Joong Ki and Kim Soo Hyun is heating up and making producers sweat. The next project that Kim Soo Hyun and Song Joong Ki choose may determine what they will be remembered for in the future.

This Korean OP:ED was translated and adapted from TV Report Kim Ji Hyun’s article.

Can't believe that it's almost two years already. I still remember when it's still August 2013 and I felt like 2015 was really out of reach. He'll be back real soon! Sometimes I still have to pinch my cheek to make myself believe  :)) Can't wait to see what first project he'll take after enlistment. Both the drama and movie offer (we know so far) seems like very ambitious, big budget projects. Martial Arts has high-schooler boy as main character and it's been through so many lead changes. Descendants of the Sun seems like it has interesting plot (still too little information to really decide) and they'll pre-shoot the entire episodes before broadcast, so it make it more interesting I think. Have a little doubt for the writer because of 'The Heirs' but I think she's capable from her other previous works. In both, we'll have chance to see him do some actions. That's what I've been waiting for ever since he did those punching and kicking and getting beat as Kang Ma Roo in Nice Guy :x I have mixed feelings about both offers. But that's just the two offers between so many other offers he gets. Whatever it is, I'm sure he'll know what's best to choose since he's smart and deep thinker. He's been missing from the screen for too long, I'll gladly watch anything if he's in it!
And BoKi! I want to see them reunite again! And if they do reunite again, I hope for a happy ending this time :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, hello   :-h

i'm new here

my chingu was giving good recommendation on Song Joong Ki, thus i tried to watch Sungkyunkwan Scandal. and like it!
afterward i tried to watch more of his projects and some of his interviews. the more i know him, i find him interesting.
no need further confirmation on this : he is handsome, cute, and good looking.
aside from his appearance, he is good actor! and i find him smart too. smart guy has additional charm!
:x

now i'm watching Obgyn. at first, i hope i can watch a Joong Ki cut / special ep of his scenes only.
but he was in almost all of the eps, so i watch them thoroughly.  medical drama is not really my preference. but for seeing Joong Ki, i take it! 
:P
anyhow Obgyn got positive messages to be shared to viewers, so i'm glad that Joong Ki in it and have tried a medical genre.

looking forward for his return from military service

annyeong   :)

11001852_1640369556184299_91545207479718

just saw a writw up from koalas playground that seems to peg SJK as almost 99% confirmed for descendanta of the sun. SJK seems to have meet writer kim eun sook.

Song Joong Ki confirmed for Kim Eun Sook’s new drama ‘Descendants of the Sun’

sueuws.jpg

read full - http://koalasplayground.com/2015/03/01/song-joong-ki-pretty-much-confirmed-for-kim-eun-sooks-descendants-of-the-sun/

Leaked Character chart:

ejsudsd.png

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 23px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Song Joong Ki in Talks for New Drama Ahead of Military Discharge

song-joong-ki.jpg

It has been revealed that actor Song Joong Ki is currently in talks to star in a new drama ahead of his military discharge.

In response to an earlier report that stated that the actor had already confirmed his casting in scriptwriter Kim Eun Sook’s upcoming production titled “The Descendant of the Sun,” a representative of Song Joong Ki’s agency clarified the actor’s position as of now, explaining, “Nothing has been confirmed.”

On March 2, the Blossom Entertainment rep shared with OSEN, “It is true that there was a meeting with producers of ‘The Descendant of the Sun,’ but his casting has not been confirmed. It is just one of the productions [song Joong Ki] is looking over.”

The drama will be led by writer Kim Eun Sook and director Lee Eung Bok, who also directed “The Discovery of Love” and “Secret.”

Meanwhile, Song Joong Ki will be discharged from his military service in May.

Source: Soompi

I have a love-hate relationship with Kim Eun-sook's dramas. However, it's undeniable all her dramas have become mainstream hits, and for Song Joong-ki's sake (if he accepts), I hope her good streak continues - KES having a talented co-writer in Kim Won-seok somewhat lessens my worries.