[Drama 2009] Soul / Hon (혼)

Guest leegirl

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally picked up my courage and watched the 2 episodes this afternoon. Connected the laptop to the television though. 1st episode was WAY scarier than the 2nd. I totally didn't expect Jiyeon from T-ara to die. It was rather heartbreaking.. I cannot imagine watching my own sibling die right in front of me. Hana is going through ALOT. I hope as the story progresses, she'll grow stronger and eventually get better, of course with Jung Si Woo by her side.. But wait.. Is Jung Si Woo a psycho? The knife collection O_O

Jung Si Woo's acting is rather cute.. Hahahhahaha. He needs more screen time!!!

Guest teukiie

I have yet to watch this drama D: I'm scareddddddd. :'( I'm a person who gets affected by horror stuff easily (darn!)

he is a serial killer in the drama am i right ? :o

SERIOUS. LOL. :o Gosh that's so exciting, then. :D

I have yet to watch this drama D: I'm scareddddddd. :'( I'm a person who gets affected by horror stuff easily (darn!)

Ahhh don't be. Only the 1st episode so far is scary. The second one was fine!! Really! :D

Guest yeohweping

http://www.mbc24tv.com/?document_srl=7639

「Possessed」 Hot topic after only 2 episodes

- First episode had ratings of 12.6%, 2nd episode had 14.2% (TNS Media - Seoul)

- Hot topic after only 2 episodes

- Popular for its modern take on the classic summer special horror genre after 14 years

MBC's summer special miniseries 「Possessed」 (script by Go Eun-nim & In Eun-ah, directed by Kim Sang-ho & Kang Dae-seon) is receiving much praise from the viewers.

Episode 2, which aired on the 6th, dealt with the fits that Hana (Im Ju-eun) had after the traumatic death of her sister Duna (Jiyeon) and Ryu's (Lee Seo-jin) outstanding job of chasing and capturing Seo Junhee (Lee Gyu-han), the serial killer. The episode gave us eerie horror as well as a different kind of nerve-wracking anxiety. This uneasiness was due to the drama being both a horror drama as well as a psychological thriller, which helped to captivate the viewers.

After the airing of episode 2, the 「Possessed」 staff received more than 250 phone calls and internet posts, proving the popularity of the drama. Viewer Lee Kyeong-min wrote, "It's getting even better. The director said in an interview that he plans to show just how terrifying people can be... I'm looking forward to seeing just how frightening people can become. Aside from being labeled a summer special horror drama, it's a drama that makes the viewers look forward to the plot development." Viewer Park Yeon-jeong wrote on the MBC official website, "It's very interesting. I have high expectations even though it's only on its 2nd episode. Korean dramas are really coming along... The cast acts very well."

「Possessed」 is MBC's return to the summer special horror genre in 14 long years after 「M」 and 「Spider」. It is currently being praised for having the typical characteristics of this genre as well as taking the genre to an unprecedented level. 「Possessed」 received 12% in ratings for its 2nd episode (TNS Media - nationwide). According to the ratings in Seoul, it increased 1.6% to reach 14.2%. It is right at the heels of the leading drama in the same timeslot. It will certainly be interesting to see if Lee Seo-jin will once again receive ratings of higher than 20%, as he did for all the dramas in which he was the lead, such as <Damo>, <Phoenix>, <Lovers> and <Yi San>.

「Possessed」 has been assigned a '19+' viewer rating. There is a lot of effort during the script writing process and on set to control the violence and such so that it will be less necessary to use blurred areas and other measures.

Guest lucky_moon

Ep1 was really good as a beginning, feel sad for HN, it seems more serious things will happen on Ep2 specially for her sister >.<

Oh my i love watching scary movie although i am scared of it but its definetely a very suspend to watch it. I didn't know that this drama already start until i have read the review from dramabeans.

Anyways thanks to cutegirl for the torrent link!!! Without you posting the link i won't be able to watch this. Episode 1 is scary rite? I dun even dare to see the caps..... :lol:

Guest PancakeMuffins91

I don't mean to sound shallow but this is a REALLY good-looking cast lol

I'm usually a scaredy cat when it comes to horror but I just finished the first episode and there isn't too much blood, it's not really gory, it's more of a suspenseful psychological thriller which I like.

I'm happy that the series is getting good ratings. :)

If anyone's interested dramabeans did a recap of episode 1.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/08/hon-episode-1/

credit: javabeans @dramabeans

Guest Illicit

I'm scared of watching scary horror movies yet I'm interested.. o.o

The only scary movies I've watched is The Ring and Grudge. It took me weeks to get over those! More reviews would be appreciated..^^; I don't want to watch it if it's too gory or brutal-killing-scenes, etc.

And omg! Is that a picture of a girls' body in the wrapper!?

Guest yobiworld

im impressed i was expecting crappy TV graphics but they put in a lot of effort in making visual engaging to the viewer. Even though i skipped a lot of parts not because i was scared or bored just a little impatient nothing to do with the drama LOL. Any way I had very low expectations but the acting the blood violence kept me going look forward to episode 3

Guest Q_Park

LOL

Just looking at those captures that dramabeans made, made me scared all over again.

It makes me feel stupid cause I didn't realize that the blond haired guy in the beginning was SiWoo.

Actually, I probably didn't see him well cause I had a pillow in front of my eyes, covering half of my view. haha

- Kyu

Guest Jessica Nguyen

I don't mean to sound shallow but this is a REALLY good-looking cast lol

OMG, i know what you mean! it IS a really good looking cast. and even though i'm a complete scaredycat. after reading the dramabeans recap, i just might HAVE TO watch this. D: at least i'll have a headsup at all the scary parts, and then i can just . hide under my table. :D plussss, parkgeonil looks realllllly good in this drama.

Archived