The Sims 3

Guest melzbellz

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest silver_moon525

I think that I spend more time downloading Custom Content and trying to figure out how to get them to work in the game than actually playing the game itself. Does anyone have this problem as well? Haha :sweatingbullets:

Guest silver_moon525

Two major places you can download Sims 3 custom content is from Mod the Sims or from the Sims Resource. they will also provide you with many links to bunches of other websites that have free sims downloads like Simscredible, Parsimonious, and tons of other (can't think of any off the top of my mind right now haha). But Both Modthesims and Simsresource will provide you with detailed instructions on how to install custom content (I know, it gets confusing when new versions require new ways of installing custom content...)

Guest .basic.

Two major places you can download Sims 3 custom content is from Mod the Sims or from the Sims Resource. they will also provide you with many links to bunches of other websites that have free sims downloads like Simscredible, Parsimonious, and tons of other (can't think of any off the top of my mind right now haha). But Both Modthesims and Simsresource will provide you with detailed instructions on how to install custom content (I know, it gets confusing when new versions require new ways of installing custom content...)

thanks!.. when i first saw these characters I thought it was nothing... i really like them though.

My latest sim:

sim.jpg

CC in TS3 works the same way as in TS2, I think. O_O It's similar, at least. Here's a guide:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_CC_Basics

There are links in that article to how to install .sims3pack, .package and .sim files. Make sure you don't accidentally install Sims 2 package files (which also have a .package extension).

If you buy The Sims, you'll most likely end up getting the expansion packs too... but either way, even if you're getting ONLY the base game, The Sims 3 blows The Sims 2 out of the water. Expansions will be released in due time, so eventually, TS3 will reach the same number of expansions as TS2. :)

played it for a while never got the hang of the game. my sim always gets hungry or tired for some reason so i never really get anything done except job eat and sleep

• 1 month later...
Guest HeartOnHerSleeve

I tried to play TS2 again and it was only then that I realized just how advanced the Sims 3 is. I still like TS2 just for Open for Business. I really like buying and running my own stores/restaurants.

I can't believe I didn't upload these two last time.

s31ns.jpg

s32ax.jpg

These are from a long time ago, I don't play these two Sims anymore. I just thought these screenshots were cute.

s34z.jpg

New couple! I made a celebrity couple for Late Night :) The guy's (Jun) a famous director and the girl's (Arissa) an A-list celeb/TV actress haha. They lived together in a penthouse until they got babies.

s35k.jpg

Some closeups of Arissa as a young adult. I didn't name her after Arissa Cheo, I thought it was a pretty name :)

s36kz.jpg

Arissa as an adult. I thought she looks really diff like that.

s33f.jpg

One of Arissa's twin daughters Daphne (left-teen, right-young adult)

s37l.jpg

The other twin Deanna.

Here's a parting gift

s38d.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest frgywifoneyes

wow! your sims just....! amazing!~

actually i havent play the sims 3 until the end y'know? hahaha

suddenly, i saw your sims... and realize wanna go play the game again! AHHAHA

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sharmainenvy

The Sims 3 is honestly such a wicked game, I have a thing for fully customizable stimulation games 

so this may just be the best game ever for me~ I miss some features from Sims 2, especially the 

pets, but it seems like they're recreating the same expansions but making them better 

(i.e. night life = late night), so I can't wait for future expansions~!

I used to play this family, I believe their family name was Mars, haha.

25iw28o.jpg

That's Vivienne with her newborn Hayden.

2zemovp.jpg

Vivienne with her baby, and her husband who just came home from work lol. He's an international super spy :D

I stopped playing this family when I got Late Night as I wanted to try out high rise living hehe. I'm currently playing as this sim.

2ic19a9.jpg

Her name is Marie Vogue, and she's a 5 star celebrity who has a casual relationship with Matthew Hamming. 

She's pictured finishing her second romance novel in the living room, which tends to become aflamed. A lot. Haha, it's

seriously hilarious watching her panic, but she almost came close to dying once when the fire got too close to her.

I tried to make her extinguish it, but it didn't work and she called for firefighter services but they never came o.o

Lol, I advise sim players to not play with fire xD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HeartOnHerSleeve

^

Nice! I love the decor.

New (kinda) Sim!

2z556xz.jpg

vded50.jpg

-edit-

He's just a remake of this Sim. I wanted him to look more emo ;P jk

bomros2.jpg

-edit

I can't wait to start playing him! Now I gotta study. =_=

• 2 weeks later...

Wah! I love Sims!! Sims 3 is pretty cool, especially

since you can have a basement!! Oh, yeah! But i was just

wondering.. is there another way to get rid of your

downloaded content other than opening up the Launcher?

Please help me! Thanks~ ^^ Also, is there a way to

see the content you're deleting? Like a picture of it?

• 2 months later...
Guest vulgar812

I got a new computer with much better specs, and WOW! The game looks so much better xD

zFME0.png

8byYB.png

KmdT6.png

I made a banner for a story I wrote =3

U9nUU.png

EUpMv.png

http://vulgar812.blogspot.com/2011/05/chapter-index.html

It's all purty

I finally got my hands on the disc (borrowed from a friend) to test it out and the graphics is great except I like Sims 2 better. I kind of hate how there's not a lot of options as compared to Sims 2, especially when they're off to work and the community lots. It sucks that you can't enter =(

Guest xanthep

I am so desperate for The Sims 3! Not even The Sims 3, I would gladly take Sims 2 as well, but I left my CDs behind in another freakin' country when we moved overseas. Oh my gosh... they're not lost but I won't get them for maybe years (crap), depending on whether the family friends ever see my dad and pass him the bag. Gaaaah. D:

*cries* I MISS MY SIMS SO MUCH. T_T So unfair because I finally have a decent computer!!

• 1 year later...
Guest loveletters

Bumping this ancient thread! Anyone try any of the new Sims III expansion packs? The supernatural one caught my interest, it reminds me of Makin' Magic in a way, which was my fav exp. pack by far. Also, looking for some cute skins! Getting back into the games right after finals. hahah

itemprop="headline" style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 14.98148250579834px;"Fan recreates Family Guy home in Sims 3 - pictures
The Griffin family's home in Family Guy has been painstakingly recreated in The Sims 3.

Reddit user Lajt- posted the images after creating every room from the animated comedy in the video game.

odd-family-guy-sims-1.jpg
The rooms, which are placed exactly how they appear in the Fox show, feature items of furniture which are close replicas of that illustrated in the Griffin family's Spooner Street residence.
One image even shows avatars of characters Peter, Lois, Chris, Meg, Stewie and dog Brian sitting on the sofa in front of the TV in the same positions as they often do in the series.
Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane was recently quoted as saying that a movie based on the show will be made in the future.
MacFarlane, who made his debut as a film director earlier this year with Ted, told UCLA students that while he already has a plot idea in mind, "it's hard to do [a movie] while you have the series going on at the same time". 
odd-family-guy-sims-2.jpg
odd-family-guy-sims-3.jpg
odd-family-guy-sims-4.jpg odd-family-guy-sims-5.jpg odd-family-guy-sims-6.jpg odd-family-guy-sims-7.jpg odd-family-guy-sims-8.jpg odd-family-guy-sims-9.jpg odd-family-guy-sims-10.jpg
Source

Guest destinymarie

I love Sims but I think it would be fun if you could actually pick some dialogue like you can with games like Fallout 3 or those kind of creepy games. I mean just SOME dialogue once in a while and get a reply.. I don't know, maybe it would be too hard. 

Archived