The Sims 3

Guest melzbellz

Guest melzbellz

Just found out i'm going to be able to get the game tomorrow at midnight! lol oh yes superfan :w00t:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest honeylemon

Oh man!! I'm so excited! I can't wait for the seamless maps and stuff... I just love the sims.. .but the 50$ price tag is a big heafftyyy (esp with the economy.. I'm trying to save money instead of spending on unnecessary things)

My laptop failed about three requirements for the game and I can still play just fine. :D

really? well mine failed only one.. maybe it'll work on mine then. i hope haha!

i still dont know if i want this yet

i played the leaked version on my friends computer for only 10 minutes and stopped because i didnt want to spoil it

she forced me to play XD

but.. i dont like the way the sims characters look. they kind of look like the barbie cartoons :ph34r:

Guest My Sweet September

Haha, Sims characters never look that great until you get people to post up nifty mods :P

Anyway, I am freakin buying a new laptop for this game. Well actually, not a new laptop, because I have never had on before....but I have a fine PC, the only problem is the intergrated chipsset graphics, grr.

i needed a nice laptop anyway...

I am buying the M90 Dell. 2GB RAM, 512 MB graphic card...I think it will run great. Fingers crossed at least!

Guest ~+Cross+~

Hehe. It's out today...

But I'm broke >.<

Anyone get it?

You should tell me how awesome it is?

Guest colloquy

I'm getting this in the mail tomorrow, probably after my exam. I can't wait to start playing, I love the Sims.

I'm picking up my copy today ^^. I've been counting down until today like crazy. Dude I still remember when the first Sims game came out and it was all the rage and now there's a "3rd generation". Crazy.

Guest HeartOnHerSleeve

I just bought a copy!!! =)

Unfortunately, my computer probably can't handle it, so I'm taking it to a local computer place to get a new video card.

So excited!

Guest res0nate

Whatever you do, do NOT give more money to EA by buying items with REAL money.

Unless you're that desperate to spend $20 on a sofa.

Guest Carmen.

Hahah I was so excited that I went out to the store afterschool and bought a copy.

I've installed it, but I have to hold off playing it until the weekend or something...because I have so much to do and I know FOR SURE that'd I'd get sidetracked lol.

Edit: NOOOOO MY VIDEO CARD DOESN'T WORK WITH TS3.

I hate how my computer is ancient lol :(

Guest AvisImportant

Hey everyone!

I spent the last hour worrying about my computer's specs before I opened the game, and I found several things that may be useful to some people unsure of their computer's specs. I'm a noob and I just thought I'd share some things and tips that I learned in the last hour, in hopes that this helps some other computer noob.

I went to System Requirements Lab to see if The Sims 3 will work on it. Says it will for me, so hooray. Just a note that SRL may not be accurate and requires some add-on thing, which could potentially harm your computer. Okay, just a disclaimer so no one blames me if something goes wrong.

Also, if you're worried about your graphics card, check this Video card ranking list to see where yours ranks. I found this site while doing my research lol. To check what graphics card you have, go to Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Device Manager, and look for Display Adaptors.

As for Ram and processor, just right-click on My Computer and check the properties.

For the system requirements, just google.

Haven't run The Sims 3 yet but I hope that information helps!

Is it different from Sims 2? I was a sims fanatic when the first one came out. I kept uninstalling sims 2 so i never got around playing it much... from the website, it doesn't look that much different from the second sims.

Guest Peachy_Pearl

really? well mine failed only one.. maybe it'll work on mine then. i hope haha!

i still dont know if i want this yet

i played the leaked version on my friends computer for only 10 minutes and stopped because i didnt want to spoil it

she forced me to play XD

but.. i dont like the way the sims characters look. they kind of look like the barbie cartoons :ph34r:

For real. I played for days already and it's fine. A little slow when you drive to the market, visiting neighbors, etc. but everything else works just fine. I think the graphic isn't as good as it should be but it's not terrible either.

Yeah, I think sims 2 look better too with the high texture detail on. :P I turned on the texture detail in sims 3 and they still look blah. This was on my sister's computer by the way so it's not my laptop's fault.

Guest HeartOnHerSleeve

Hmm...I've played the Sims 3 on my computer (with my new videocard...which was expensive...), and it's okay. I have more fun creating Sims and looking at Bella, Mortimer, and all the other characters from Sims 1 and 2 than actually playing. It is pretty cool that you can visit your neighbors inside their house and stuff =)

I think I prefer the Sims 3 to the Sims 2 just because of the visiting the neighbors/new look/seamless neighborhood thing. I still have to get used to the controls and new system.

Guest melzbellz

So i bought the game on amazon the day before it came out... and then i checked to see if my laptop could handle it and it CAN'T! so sad :( :( it's like 2 and half years old and a dell ughh. i figured i'd install the game anyways but then i realized the game wouldn't be much fun for me until there were some Mods available! Sheesh so much anticipation that was killed in a quick sec.

Guest SnookiePink

I got The Sims 3 yesterday, I'm severely disappointed with the game with just about every aspect. (I've been playing the Sims for 8 years TS1, TS2)

No way in heck am I paying for some stupid furniture. And ohmygosh, we have VERY limited clothing, hair and make up...not worth the money you pay for it AT ALL.

I got The Sims 3 yesterday, I'm severely disappointed with the game with just about every aspect. (I've been playing the Sims for 8 years TS1, TS2)

No way in heck am I paying for some stupid furniture. And ohmygosh, we have VERY limited clothing, hair and make up...not worth the money you pay for it AT ALL.

really? is it less than the Sims & sims 2 w/o any expansion pack? that sucks...

Archived