Yoon So Yi 윤소이

melusine

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tappthat
:rolleyes:YSY is so awesome I enjoyed her in SS and Arahan....she really suits those kind of movies plus I also liked her in the drama with KRW........where can I watch her new movie/drama Try to Remember??? can anyone tell me ???

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Suro and Yoon So Yi graduate from Dongkuk University

On February 18th, actor Kim Suro and actress Yoon So Yi attended their graduation ceremony at Dongkuk University .

On this day, Kim Suro and Yoon So Yi graduated from the School of Arts and School of Drama, respectively. The two actors were also acknowledged for their promotional contribution to their school, and were each awarded medals of distinguished service.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/kim-suro-and-yoon-so-yi-graduate-from-dongkuk-university

• 1 month later...

Gyeongju World Culture Expo ready for grand opening

1105311401(1).jpg

The Organizing Committee of the Gyeongju World Culture Expo operated promotional booths at the Tour Expo Daegu Gyeongbuk in April. / Courtesy of Organizing Committee of Gyeongju World Culture Expo

By Chung Ah-young, Lee Hyo-won, Korea Times

05-30-2011 15:53

The 6th Gyeongju World Culture Expo will run from Aug. 12 to Oct. 10 in the old capital of the Silla Kingdom (57 B.C.-935 A.D.) in North Gyeongsang Province.

This year’s event will feature the theme “The Story of a Millennium — Love, Light and Nature” to usher in a new millennium through various historic tales of Silla which created its flamboyant cultural heritages.

“We’re preparing to make the event the best ever held in all aspects such as content, size and facilities. We will reveal Korea’s culture and the province’s prowess to the world by hosting the high-quality event,” Kim Kwan-yong, governor of the province, said.

The event, to be held for 60 days at the Gyeongju World Culture Expo Park and other venues around the city, will take place in association with the 2011 Daegu World Championships in Athletics in order to draw more tourists to the region. The sports event will take place from Aug. 27 to Sept. 4.

The expo, organized by Gyeongju City and the Organizing Committee of the Gyeongju World Culture Expo, will invite some 40 countries and consist of 100 programs in four categories — official events, performances, multimedia and exhibitions, along with other sideline programs.

In addition to opening and closing ceremonies, there will be thematic performances, an international dance festival, street performances, puppet theater, a b-boy and university students’ festival, and regional culture showcases.

The biggest characteristic of this year’s expo is the mix of state-of-the-art technology with Silla’s brilliant culture for the first time in the nation.

The multimedia section will present 3D film and a multimedia show featuring the Gyeongju Tower, the city’s landmark.

Exhibition corners will display animation characters, traditional puppets and fossils from around the world.

Other programs comprise four major events that will be held every 15 days during the expo — “A Special Day” on Aug. 11, “A Special Big Event” on Aug. 27, “Hangawi (Chuseok) Festival” on Sept. 12 and “Highlight Stage” on Sept. 26.

Sideline events include the World Dance Festival, which features troupes representing 16 countries from around the globe including Greece, Turkey, China and Japan.

Also not to be missed are opportunities to taste traditional foods from different countries and a folk costume fashion show.

Hungarian, Russian and Rumanian artists will reenact a European festival by offering outdoor performances and events. Passersby can enjoy mime, magic and acrobatic shows as well as meet painters sharing their artwork on the street.

Family audiences should also check out puppet shows by Czech, New Zealand and Thai participants, and an exhibition featuring dolls from around the world.

Another interesting opportunity is a corner that invites expo-goers to try on traditional Silla era costumes often seen in period dramas.

Other sideline events include engraving one’s name on a brick to build a 15-meter “dokkabi bridge.”

1105311403.jpg

Promotion

The expo has attracted some 8.5 million visitors since its inception in 1998. This year, organizers are expecting some 10 million will come to the event.

As the expo is nearing its opening slated for Aug. 12, the organizing committee is stepping up efforts to make the event a success.

The committee has set up large-sized promotion installations in popular areas and operated promotional booths at international events nationwide.

Early this month, the organizers promoted the expo at the World Taekwondo Championships which took place from May 1 to 6 in the city with delegates from more than 150 countries.

It plans to hold overseas promotional events in China to attract Chinese tourists by visiting Chinese governmental agencies to ask the cooperation for the expo.

In June, the committee will tour Japan, the United States and Hong Kong following its tour to the major cities in Japan in March. Foreigners living in Korea will also be encouraged to draw overseas tourists to the event.

Ticket information

Admission is 6,000 won for children aged 4 to 11; 8,000 won for students aged 12 to 17 and 12,000 won for adults.

Visitors can save up to 30 percent by buying tickets in advance. Those who make purchases before Aug. 7 will be entitled to a 20 percent discount and can receive an additional 15 percent off for groups of 20 or more.

Visitors should also hold onto their tickets to enjoy savings at nearby facilities during the course of the expo, including Gyeongju World, the Teddy Bear Museum, California Beach and hotels.

For more information visit cultureexpo.or.kr or call 1588-7890.

4 big draws at the 2011 Gyeongju World Culture Expo

Main performance — ‘Flying’

“Flying” is a nonverbal fusion martial art directed by Choi Chul-gi who worked on “Nanta” and “Jump.”

It is based on a story revolving around “hwarangdo,” or the code of chivalry during the Silla Kingdom, which symbolizes its spirit and manners.

The show portrays various incidents between a hwarang, or Silla knight, and a “dokkebi” (goblin), going beyond time and space in a mixture of acting, dance, martial arts, music, light and multimedia.

13064208993145.jpg

3D animation 'Byeongnucheon'

One of the expo’s signature projects is a specially commissioned film project.

Since 2000 four thematic films have been presented during the event to much acclaim. This year, audiences will be able to enjoy “Byeongnucheon” (The Bracelet of Blue Tears), a spectacular 3D animation.

The fantasy adventure began with the aim of spearheading Korea’s nascent stereoscopic film industry, and combines live action sequences featuring top actors and computer graphics.

The star-studded cast features Yun Soy, an actress known for films such as “Arahan” and “The Twins”; Kim Jung-hoon, a popular singer-actor who has appeared in TV soaps such as “Princess Hours” and is now active in Japan and China; and Ha Yoo-mi, a household name who won the Golden Acting Award last year at the MBC Drama Awards for her role in “My Wife Is a Superwoman 2.”

Ji-gwi (Kim), a lowly commoner, dies of despair over his unrequited love for the beautiful Queen Seondeok (Yun). He becomes a specter that appears in the form of flames, and the queen has no choice but to have him sealed off under a stone. But when the kingdom and the queen become endangered, Ji-gwi comes to the rescue. As a result he is able to save the Silla Kingdom and find true love.

The tale is inspired by a combination of local stories, including the reincarnation myth of King Munmu and the folktale of Ji-gwi.

The 20-minute film will be screened 16 times a day during the course of the expo.

Multimedia show at Gyeongju Tower

The highlight of the expo is an outdoor multimedia show that features the Gyeongju Tower as its centerpiece.

It features video, lighting effects, laser beams, fireworks and sound designs surrounding the 82-meter-high tower, a supersized replica of a nine-story wooden pagoda at Hwangnyong Temple.

The show is an upgraded version of the 2007 Moonlight Laser Show, and aims to offer a unique audiovisual spectacle that celebrates the origin of life, the vibrant culture and history of the Silla Kingdom — from its rise and war-torn fall and destruction, to hopes for a bright future. It culminates in a grand finale that makes the Gyeongju Tower disappear altogether, which is rendered through the application of 3D optical effects. It is the first time the technique is being showcased in Korea.

The 20-minute show will take place every day after sunset. On weekends, the show will be followed by a range of rock, metal, pop and jazz performances. The World Music Festival, running for an hour, will take place in front of the tower.

‘The Story of Millennium’ exhibition

A special exhibition invites visitors to learn about the Silla Kingdom’s history and culture at a glance.

The multimedia displays comprise of digital and analogue aspects that include interactive and hands-on sections.

The exhibition is designed to be viewed in a one-way sequence, beginning with a “prologue” that guides visitors into a starry, moonlit space. The journey continues through the history of the Three Kingdoms Period and the Silk Road, and concludes with an “epilogue” that captures visions for the future.

gwcef.jpg

http://www.cultureexpo.or.kr/

Trailers

15s [Download]

20s [Download] [Download] [Download]

30s [Download] [Download] [YouTube]

The Bracelet of Blue Tears

theme_image.jpg

http://www.cultureexpo.or.kr/expo/en/video/theme_image.html

Movie [Download] (Korean)

Movie [Download] (English)

Movie [Download] (Japanese)

Movie [Download] (Chinese)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest tappthat

thankyou melusine for the photos of singles I totally think YSY looks beautiful of the recent shoots.  I find that her with her hair all blown up & heavy makeup she actually rocks the photos but I still think that shes an awesome actress.  Btw where aren't there heaps of her fans on here supporting this talented person:unsure:........again thankyou melusine :wub:

Guest jjowah

i'm such a fan of hers since her early drama w/ chun jung myung! i also loved her in antique house with jung chan. I saw her most recent movie, "have we met before" and enjoyed it very much. she has a unique aura to her and can act in a variety of roles. she seems to be very down to earth and committed to volunteerism. II hope she gets a big role in the near future...either in a drama or movie. she always seems to play the righteous good girl type of character so i'm hoping to see her in more of a femme fatale or quirky comedic project. i personally love to see act with lee jin-wook again!!! She would also match Lee Sang-Yoon, Daniel Choi, Lee Minki, So Ji-Sub, actually any actor!

• 1 month later...

July 6, 2011 - SBS Midnight TV Entertainment 한밤의 TV연예 [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgaWBAgNn9o] [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QlKFu4C9Ok] [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeqCyJH8vTM]

20110701101330717.jpg

via Star Financial News

20110707161126442n2_162629_0.jpg

via My Star News

20110707001206069.jpg

via TV Report

20110707154846697h9_155811_0.jpg

via JKN

2011070622281552702_223217_0.jpg

via BNT News

20110707083235299e7_084428_0.jpg

via Newsen

20110706234538792e7_235853_0.jpg

via Newsen

2011070621490823902_215702_0.jpg

via BNT News

20110705090705876e7_091508_0.jpg

via Newsen

2011070621490823902_215702_0.jpg

via BNT News

2011070623162584502_232220_0.jpg

via BNT News

20110707070850338l3_082223_0.jpg

via TV Daily

Yoo Seung Ho would like to show a more masculine image through “Warrior Bae Dong-Soo”

by VITALWARNING on July 6, 2011 at 10:44 pm

allkpop

On this week’s episode of SBS’s “One Night of Entertainment TV”, actor Yoo Seung Ho and actress Yoon Soyee were interviewed for their upcoming drama, “Warrior Bae Dong-Soo.” They revealed their thoughts on working together and on future image transformations.

When Yoo Seung Ho was asked, “How did you feel when you found out you were cast alongside Yoon Soyee?”, he replied, “I liked it. We’ve always been close friends, so it felt good.”

Yoon Soyee added, “I’ve been friends with Seung Ho since he was young. We pranked a lot during middle school, but now that he’s in high school, he’s become awkward around me.”

The interviewer then asked Yoo Seung Ho, “How does it feel acting in your first antagonist role?”. He replied, “I liked it, but I’m not always a bad character.” Yoo Seung Ho was then requested to make an evil facial expression, but the actor couldn’t hide his innocence as he burst out with laughter over the request.

Yoo Seung Ho also expressed his thoughts about his changing public image. “Ever since I starred in ‘The Way Home’, many people think I’m still young and call me the ‘nation’s little brother’. I’d like to show a more serious and masculine image through my role in ‘Warrior Bae Dong-Soo’. I’ve even taken the university-entrance exams, so I’m an adult now.”

Yoo Seung Ho “I’m No Longer a Boy”

by: cherryspirit on Jul 7, 2011

Soompi.com

“Warrior Baek Dong Soo’s” Yoo Seung Ho expressed his desire to become nation’s top actor during his appearance on yesterday’s episode of SBS’s “Midnight TV Entertainment,” alongside fellow castmate Yoon So Yi.

To the reporter’s question “What are your thoughts on the evil character you’re playing in ‘Warrior Baek Dong Soo’?”, Yoo Seung Ho stated, “I’m surprised that I was offered a role like this.”

Actress Yoon So Yi complimented “Yoo Seung Ho has a twinkle in his eyes and his action moves are outstanding.” When asked about any possible romantic developments between her and Yoo Seung Ho, the actress shyly replied, “It gives us the chills because we are just too much like siblings.”

Yoo Seung Ho expressed a strong desire to change his cute image by adding, “I enjoyed popularity for a long time as the nation’s young brother. I will exude my masculinity this time in ‘Warrior Baek Dong Soo.’”

July 12 & 19, 2011 - SBS Strong Heart 강심장 [YouTube]

13582051.png

85320022.png

70217499.png

10055570.png

57598368.png

77561124.png

Yoon Soy confesses "I am so into Jeong Yup"

HanCinema | 2011/07/11

10000009910.jpg

Actress Yoon Soy showed her affection for singer Jeong Yup.

Yoon Soy said that she was "so into singer Jeong Yup recently" in the SBS TV program "Kang Heart" recording session. "I was originally a fan but now I'm an even bigger fan. I am following him on Twitter secretly. I am going to go to his concert one day".

On this day, Yoon Soy couldn't help but feel nervous as it was her appearance in an entertainment TV program for the first time in a long time and she spoke about how she visited the surgeon's because she didn't like the way she looked and how roughly she was raised by her strong mother.

"Kang Heart" starring Yoon Soy will be aired on the 12th at 11:05PM.

July 24, 2011 - SBS Running Man 일요일이 좋다-런닝맨

Watch online: [WeeklyKvariety] [Japan25.com] [kdramddluv]

Download: [Kpopella] [Kpopweb.net]

BTS photos: http://www.kourier.co/gallery/running-man-in-gyeongju-korea/

20110724174340646a4_175025_0.jpg

via OSEN

20110724174427624l3_185202_0.jpg

via TV Daily

20110724173040545e7_174411_0.jpg

via Newsen

20110724174522318.jpg

via Star Financial News

2011072633323903.jpg

via Break News

2011072417494873194_180300_0.jpg

via My Daily

20110724173557608e7_174451_0.jpg

via Newsen

20110725094300227b8_113210_0.jpg

via XSportsNews

2629_L_1311558065.jpg

via Arts News

20110724202500222b8_204715_0.jpg

via XSportsNews

20110724184720665.jpg

via Star Financial News

20110724184346209a4_185822_0.jpg

via OSEN

20110724181351889e7_182422_0.jpg

via Newsen

Yoon So Yi chose to be on Kang Gary’s team in Episode 53 because she had seen how Gary had been showering Song Ji Hyo with his love in Running Man, and wanted to receive some of this love too. Song Ji Hyo - after hearing the news that Yoon So Yi had requested to be on Kang Gary’s team - coolly replied, “It’s okay, it’s Tuesday.” Yoo Jae Suk said that Kang Gary was the greatest because he has Song Ji Hyo as his Monday Girlfriend and now Yoon So Yi as his Tuesday Girlfriend. To this, Gary replied, “Ah, but I need to love on Wednesdays too.” Yoon So Yi touched Kang Gary’s face to help rub in some sunblock he had missed. Yoo Jae Suk told Yoon So Yi that everything in their car belonged to her. Yoon So Yi replied by asking if Kang Gary was hers too. Gary reacted quite happily to this question and So Yi took this as a definite yes. Later on, she clarified that even though everything in the car belonged to her, Yoo Jae Suk did not - only Gary. [source: Running Man Trivia 1, 2, 3, 4, 5]

Complete episode recap @ Dramabeans

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

W Korea, September 2011 [also via Style.com]

01010501000143804_1.jpg

01010501000143803_1.jpg

01010501000143801_1.jpg

01010501000143805_1.jpg

01010501000143802_1.jpg

Yoon So Yi Transforms Into "Portrait of a Beauty"

by: melkimx on Aug 26, 2011

Soompi.com

Yoon So Yi, who currently stars in the SBS drama "Warrior Baek Dong Soo," will appear in the September issue of W magazine with a reinterpretation of the 2008 historical movie, "Mi In Do" ("Portrait of a Beauty"). The movie is about a talented Joseon-era woman who must take over her brother's identity as a painter after he commits suicide. This liberal twist on an old story suited the concept of the pictorial, which was meant to be a modern take on old-style beauty. To achieve this amalgamation, the stylists mixed modern and traditional hanbok and makeup. The result was a gorgeous fusion of modern and traditional beauty.

The actress proved that she took the photoshoot seriously and had no problem trying many different poses. It's reported that everyone present at the shoot loved her.

"Yoon So Yi perfectly understood the concept of the photoshoot. She was a model who upgraded the overall quality of the spread. We were impressed by her commitment and concentration for every shot," a staff member said.

Actress Yoon So Yi fuses traditional and modern for ‘W’ magazine

by phenom on Aug 26, 2011 at 4:38 pm

allkpop

Actress Yoon So Yi, who is currently playing the reckless, laid-back character, Hwang Jinju, on SBS‘s ‘Warrior Baek Dong Soo‘ had a 180-degree transformation for a photo spread in ‘W‘ magazine.

For this photoshoot, Yoon So Yi did a reinterpretation of traditional fashion with a modern twist.

Wearing a modern mix-match of the Korean traditional ‘hanbok’, Yoon So Yi displayed her alluring beauty with make-up that accented her eyes.

In order to shoot photos that were picturesque, Yoon So Yi gave a variety of poses and expressions and worked in front of the camera with absolute sincerity.

One staff member at the photoshoot commented, “Actress Yoon So Yi is a model who perfectly understood the concept of the photoshoot and increased the quality of the shoot with her various poses and expressions. As much as she is an actress who acts, when she was doing the photoshoot, she acted in each shot to bring out emotions and amazed us with her a high level of concentration.”

• 2 months later...

October 17, 2011 - Gee Chun-Hee's Miss Gee Collection at Seoul Fashion Week.

20111017201902722e7_202415_0.jpg

2011101800410064402_004655_0.jpg

20111017202230795e7_203125_0.jpg

20111017202045726e7_203037_0.jpg

October 17, 2011 - Only You VIP premiere. [YouTube] [YouTube] [YouTube]

20111017221327165e7_222246_0.jpg

2328_L_1318853894.jpg

20111017220911160e7_221717_0.jpg

October 20, 2011 - The 6th breast cancer campaign ‘LOVE YOUR W‘ was held at The RAUM in Yeoksam-dong, Gangnam. ‘LOVE YOUR W’ is organized by W Korea and the campaign promotes early screening for detecting breast cancer in order for women to live a beautiful and healthy life. [via allkpop]

20111020185530953e7_190309_0.jpg

20111020191609362b6_192042_0.jpg

20111020193120924c4_195036_1.jpg

20111020191146360b6_192042_0.jpg

20111020191357361b6_192042_0.jpg

2011102018420882094_185142_0.jpg

20111020185723183e7_191028_0.jpg

2011102019163517998_192312_0.jpg

PP11102000060.jpg

20111021032005441l3_034220_0.jpg

20111020185929184e7_191028_0.jpg

2799_L_1319102637.jpg

20111020181557342a4_181851_0.jpg

20111020193120924c4_195036_0.jpg

November 1, 2011 - Incheon airport.

20111101182604854l6_184706_0.jpg

20111101182604854l6_184706_1.jpg

20111101182604854l6_184706_2.jpg

via AJ News

November 4, 2011 - Maldives.

2011110815523168514_221427_0.jpg

via http://twitter.com/#!/soy00/status/133320184046960640, TV Daily

credit as labeled + Yahoo

Yoon Soy to replace Eugene in new series

by Jessica Kim, 10Asia

20111122185007147l3_190215_0.jpg

Yoon Soy [3HW.com]

Actress Yoon Soy has been cast in a TV series starring Jae-hee, according to a press release by promoter 3HW.com on Wednesday.

3HW.com said that Yoon will star in a drama named "Color of Woman" set to premiere on major daily paper Dong-A Ilbo's new general programming channel Channel A in December.

Yoon will play the role of main female character Byun Sora who is born to an average family and with average looks yet works hard to succeed at both work and love in the series telling of two women competing against in each other at a cosmetics firm.

Former S.E.S member-turned-actress Eugene was originally cast for the role but she decided to step down from the show because her sister recently got into a car accident.

"Yoon was so perfect for the role that we had handed her the synopsis as soon as it got completed. She wasn't going to be able to appear on the show due to her busy schedule but thankfully, she can now," the show's producer Logos Film was quoted as saying in the statement.

Yoon said, "I think my role will be even more attractive because I think I'll be depicting on the worries and suffering that the majority of women feel in regards to their work."

The series will be created by producer Kim Soo-young of hit MBC series "Goong" and writers Lee Shi-hyun of movie "Miss Gold Digger," Choi Yun-ji of drama "Jealousy," Jun Yong-sung of movie "The Host 2," and Park Hyun-jin of movie "Lovers of 6 Years."

Yoon, 26, made her debut in 2001 and has since appeared in a number of films and dramas. Her last project was SBS TV series "The Warrior, Baek Dong-soo" which wrapped up last month.

Yoon So-yi cast as lead in Color of Woman

by girlfriday | November 23, 2011 | Dramabeans

Cable drama Color of Woman has cast its leading lady (or recast, after Eugene dropped out). Yoon So-yi, who most recently starred in fusion sageuk Warrior Baek Dong-soo, will be taking on the very difficult job of romancing Jae Hee in his first project since his return from the army.

I’m excited for Yoon So-yi, who’s having a good year. She’s not a new star, but she has yet to be a headliner, so this is the next big step in her career. She was great and really expressive in Baek Dong-soo as the daughter to all and lover to none. Her unrequited love for best friend/first love Dong-soo pretty much killed me. (It also didn’t help that her romantic rival was a cardboard cutout who paled in comparison to the spunky, badass Jinju.)

Anyway, in Color of Woman, she’ll be playing a career woman at a cosmetics company who’s bright and ambitious, and works her way up from nothing. She comes from an average family and is described as having average looks, which is always a hilarious description for female leads. Yes, because most women are this statuesque and born with her bone structure. Comedy. Her character undergoes a massive upheaval at the outset of the drama: she’s betrayed by her boyfriend and her dream of becoming a teacher goes down the drain. So she turns her life around by starting at the cosmetics company where drama and hijinks ensue. It’s described as a melo-comedy, so… I guess it’s going to try for poignant and funny, though I’ll tell ya, that’s not really the easiest combo out there.

Also joining the drama is Shim Ji-ho (Stained Glass, Frozen Flower) as the second male lead. He’ll be playing the nice, warm, daddy long legs type, who’s a good listener and keeps to himself, enough to be considered secretive.

Color of Woman will air Mondays and Tuesdays on cable network Channel A. It’s been planning for a December premiere, but that’s pretty tight scheduling, by my count. We’ll see if they make it!

20111121121050168a4_122602_0.jpg

via http://twitter.com/#!/soy00/status/138282874980933634, OSEN

Related links:

[10Asia] Jae-hee to take on 1st small screen role in new series

[10Asia] Lee Soo-kyung cast in Jae-hee series

• 2 weeks later...

http://tv.ichannela.com/drama/woman/

10 min preview: [YouTube] [Nate]

bg_main.jpg

color2y.jpg

“The colorful romance between four men and women”

color1s.jpg