Hey Cutie >__<

Guest xxxxxxx

Guest xxxxxxx

paranoia?
I'm an okay looking person so I don't get people complimenting on my looks that much. Thus, I get annoyed when immature guys come up to me and say " Hey cutie" or "You're beautiful." I don't know why but it bugs me because I take it as mockery or making fun of me. Is there anyone who feels this?

When people do that to me, I really don't know how to respond back. I don't want to be " Yeah, I know" as a joke because that makes me sound conceited but at the same time, I don't want to ignore them because they'll believe that I'm a deaf person or something.

What do you guys do?

Today, I was waiting to get out of my art class when it basically happened

Boy 1 and Boy 2 is behind me. I'm listening and I'm just ignoring and I know they're acting sarcastic

Boy 1: Hey Cutie

Boy 2: Hi, I know I'm cute

Boy 1: No not you. I'm talking to the chick in front of me.

Boy 2: She's not even turning around to say hi

Boy 1: Hi Cutie

Boy 2: She's still not turning around. Omg, she's not interested. She's out of your league, dude.

Is there anyone that experiences this? How do you respond? Am I too paranoid?

Guest screamxlove

Ehhh, I think you're just being paranoid...?

You may not think you're cute (or you think you're okay), but it's... really up to the other person to think that.

If they think you're cute, then you're cute to them.

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

you should just say "I know I am". It may sound conceited or whatever.

but just go for it. It's not like they will care.

Guest BrittanyKim

they're just trying to be nice... or holla at youu

i'd have to agree with screamxlove

just turn around and give them a smile or something, but if you don't want them to do it do what 한스 ㅋ ㅋ told you to do haha

Guest bonjour tristesse.

you're being too paranoid ; i know you believe that youre not pretty but at least take the compliments you know? it would like come off rude to others to just ignore them completely. lol

Guest aaircrash

It's happened to me before

If you know their being sarcastic, just laugh :D and be like "Yeah, I know I'm cute <3"

If you don't think their joking/moking just smile :)

Guest The Pink Panda

Boy 2: Hi, I know I'm cute

Boy 1: No not you. I'm talking to the chick in front of me.

lol what? that's pretty funny

Guest colloquy

Why didn't you just fire back with a Hey the first time he talked to you? So what, he called you a cutie, doesn't mean you should act rude about it.

Guest faerie87

just ignore, a lot of ppl who use those phrases probably use it on other girls too. however it's a diff story if he's cute/a guy you like

I've stumbled upon a couple of guys like that in the past.

They would be saying stuff like, " Hey my friend likes you. " etc etc.

But they say it in a jokingly matter.

There are too many guys out there that love to play around.

I don't know if it's for "attention" or for the hell of it, but they sure know how to kill people's moods.

And what's even more funny is that they think they're cool acting in such a way.

Ughh, anyways.

Best to ignore it. ~

As long as they don't mess with you physically.

Guest xxxxxxx

Haha, these are really cool suggestions and comments. It's actually no big deal for me, I just wanted to see how others react.

I know I'm too paranoid but it's a bunch of immature guys who say it for a joke. I know they're not being sincere so that what annoys me.

Guest linguazn

just ignore them they're being jerks.

there's no reason to be paranoid... if they say you're cute, fine then, you're cute!

even if its a compliment that has no substance. that's how i like to think it ;)

Archived