Is It Time To Get A New Computer?

esskeigh

XP, Version 2002
If I view the system info for my computer it says...

Microsoft Windows XP, Home Edition, Version 2002.

My computer's been a little slow these days but I'm not sure if it's from age or what.

Is it time for me to get a new computer now?

Does it bother you? Because most people can clean it up and it will feel like new again. Personally I would just format and live with it until Windows 7 comes out, I think its supposed to be out by the end of the year and everyone seems to hate vista so you might as well avoid it.

Thanks for your quick reply! I have no idea when it comes to fixing computers and stuff so... How do I format it? I mean, the slowness is bearable so I can still wait until later to get a new computer. I'm glad there's an alternative.

Guest RnBaddict

Thanks for your quick reply! I have no idea when it comes to fixing computers and stuff so... How do I format it? I mean, the slowness is bearable so I can still wait until later to get a new computer. I'm glad there's an alternative.

To format yu need a Windows XP CD

Guest dolcedor.

Maybe you can simply upgrade your RAM; it's fairly cheap nowadays. If I were you, I'd upgrade my RAM and wait till July to get a new computer. I think that's when they start giving out coupons for Windows 7 with every PC. Don't quote me on this though; you should double check.

Guest WeEzY

well the OS has nothing to do with the computer being slow. i have the same verision and mines runs fine for everyday use. what kind of processor do you have? if its a Pentium 4 or even a Athlon, i would def upgrade

What ram do you have? Perhaps you need to do some serious cleaning with it to run smoother.

I don't mind accepting it as donation for my server =P

Do us a favor and tell us your specs:

start>my computer>(in the left pane)view system information

either you can screen cap it and show it to us or just tell us text based.

System:

Microsoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Intel ®

Pentium ® 4 CPU 2.80 GHz

504 MB of RAM

Thank you for all your replies! Sorry i didn't update in a while..

Guest yumiyuko

upgrade your RAM...

but i recommend...buy a new specs to duo-core...if yu have a budget(well...they are cheap nowadays right?)

Guest vinylswing

Do you have lot programs running in the background that you rarely use.

If you do, close them or removing them from auto-starting will make your computer run faster.

Guest r4nd0m

wow, its probably best to get a new comp. depending on wat u want to do with it, if you just use it just for typing up stuff chatting, music and stuff like that, you dont need to get high end hardware. if you play games on the other hand, you should get the higher ends.

Archived