☆ ★------why Do We Never See Hot Guys With Av/below Av Girls?

mintcracker

Cld it be cos of shallowness, or do u thnk it's more thn that
Okay I've been noticing around soompi and irl how prevalent this question comes up.

You know how people say both sexes are shallow.... Sure, that's true. But why is it that pretty girls can go with average/below average guys, while it never happens when it's a hot guy?

Do you think guys are simply more shallow creatures, or is could it be due to their pride and their innate competitive nature?

I.e feeling the need to appear the 'man' with their mates...cos bagging a hot chick=extra swagger right?

What do you guys think? Feel free to post an opinion :lol:

Guest rurokenshin

well, i think the majority of guys are more shallow..

and of course pride w/regards to frds and other guys is important too

but ya, it doesnt apply to all guys..but more to guys than girls

Guest i_4got

I'm a guy, and I can admit it: yes, on average, guys are more shallow than girls.

I actually learned a bit about this in Sociology class. Men are more prone to physical attraction (being attracted to a girl based on looks), and women are more prone to emotional attraction (being attracted to a guy because he's really nice/romantic). I mean, these are just generalizations so there are definitely exceptions. But on average, it's usually how our attractions play out.

Guest colloquy

Okay, generally speaking: Guys are more interested in beauty.

Girls are more interested in money/power than looks .

Not to say that the personality isn't an important factor in either case.

Both sexes are shallow. No matter what someone may say or think, they're both shallow. It's just that guys still need to find their spouse attractive from time to time whereas a woman who is secured and happy will always be okay with theirs. That's the general case, anyway. Haha...

As for what I really think...young men just want to have fun. In order to have fun, you need a hot "date." Therefore, guys always gotta be with pretty girls. But...when they're ready to settle down, they'll find a more average looking gal. Mainly because they don't want their guy pals to be ogling at her. And THAT'S what I think. =D

i wouldn't necessarily say NEVER.

majority of the time....

the willies won't salute uglies.. and you know how guys tend to think w/ that

Guest Tonkatsuuu

It doesn't matter if you're average/below average on looks if you're a girl. What really matters is that you cook his damn dinner and clean his house.

Guest Inspector

Guys are not more shallow. We are just more "visual" creatures. Both guys and girls can be shallow...but most girls are shallow in other senses... such as money, education, and so on. We can not truly like someone if we are not physically attracted to her. It don't mean she got to be all that. As long as she is "physically acceptable", her personality can do the rest.

when haveu seen a below average girl have the confidence to even make themselves visible to a good lookin guy?

at least average or below average guys will still make conversation nad talk to a hot girl.

a below average girl could have the greatest personality in the world. but she doesnt have the confidence to show it off. a below average guy however does have enough confidence to show it off to a hot girl.

on the reals. girls are just as shallow as guys if not more cuz most girls have been sheltered a lot more then guys and thus kept from understanding the outside world as much.

maybe around the mid 20's this may change. but definatly in undergrad college and high school, girls dont see to much of the world that guys are already exposed to.

there are all kinds of combinations. I've seen hot guys with 'plain' or what some people may think of below average girls...other people may think those same girls are cute or pretty. Everyone has different ideas about what's pretty or beautiful or whatever. (I mean--some girls think Lee Jun ki is ugly, and Jun Jihyun is just an avg girl--like there are millions of her running around the world) Most guys want pretty/hot girls--but how many of them (or you male people here--) would be willing to put up with a hot girl with a rotten personality, just because of the way she looks?

Guest daulism

What are you talking about? Kim Sam Soon totally hooked up with a hot guy.

Lol, on the more serious factor.. I think everyone's shallow in their own way, because after all, a hot guy who is probably concered with his looks at every angle will probably see a girl's inperfections right away at first impression. Same goes with hot girls.

Of course, you know what they say, "Beauty captures the eyes, while personality captures the heart", or something like that

Guest 한스 ㅋㅋ

Someone has got their eyes open.

NOw can we pretty please stop saying that Inner beauty in a girl beats physical beauty?

Coz that really makes me laugh whenever someone says that.

Its so crack up, you see the proof in your own world, yet everyone always denies it.

Guest linuhhparkk

well, i think everyone is generally equalyl shallow,

but i'd have to say...i think guys are more shallow...IMO.

Guest ManekiNeko~*

i dont know why you're asking this question.

if girls refuse to date guys like this:

ugly_man.jpg

fugly-219x178.jpg

then guys should be able to refuse girls like this:

ugly_man.jpg

humor_vice_fugly2254.jpg

If you selected against any of those people above, then you're shallow too.

Don't tell me that this is an exaggeration, because any selection based on looks is being shallow.

I'm shallow

so what?!

And I see 8+ guys dating girls that are below 5 all the time. Just let them be.

Guest i_4got

humor_vice_fugly2254.jpg

I believe we've all finally gotten the opportunity to see ManekiNeko's true self. I can't seem to be able to take my eyes off... and for some reason, I can't seem to be able to keep my lunch down either. :crazy: lol

The fact that looks are a higher priority for most men than they are for women doesn't mean that women are any less shallow than men. Shallow women just value other things, like the amount of money a man has.

Damn, homie. I swear you should change your name to Truth. lol

Guest KeikoBlue2

A majority of hot girls, without all their makeup, is really just average. They're just able to conceal their flaws better.

Guest plegend2007

IN LA, I SEE IT A LOT, ESPECIALLY HOT YOUNG BUCKS WITH RICH 40 YEAR OLD COUGARS WHO ARE BELOW AVERAGE LOOKING....

I ALSO SEE A LOT OF YOUNG HOTTIES WITH 40 YEAR OLD BALDING FAT RICH SUGAR DADDY'S.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL TELL YOU.....YOU HAVE MONEY THEN YOUR DATING NETWORK HAS NO BOUNDS IN MOST CASES.

Guest mikasaranghae

IN LA, I SEE IT A LOT, ESPECIALLY HOT YOUNG BUCKS WITH RICH 40 YEAR OLD COUGARS WHO ARE BELOW AVERAGE LOOKING....

I ALSO SEE A LOT OF YOUNG HOTTIES WITH 40 YEAR OLD BALDING FAT RICH SUGAR DADDY'S.

WHAT DOES THIS ALL TELL YOU.....YOU HAVE MONEY THEN YOUR DATING NETWORK HAS NO BOUNDS IN MOST CASES.

now that i think of it, you are right. look at the playboy owner who has 3 wifey who are at his grand-daughters' ages ...lol

Archived