[TAIWAN DRAMA 2010] 呼叫大明星 / HU JIAO DA MING XING / CALLING BIG ST

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest katielovesyou

Aww it's Mike and Charlene. They look adorable together. I really want to see it. I wonder how long it's going to take to come out. ^^ Can't wait. Love Charlene and Mike.

Guest SweetSerein

omggg...how interesting..well not really the storyline but the eye candies in there. lol. I'll watch anything related to beautiful Charlene Choi and cutie MIke He. ^-^ im excited...

More pictures of Calling Big Star

872d088fdaef83c7f11f36bc.jpg

They could be looking for the lottery ticket here?

a5b0114b61a864d983025cbc.jpg

this is supposely when Mike is kidnapped in the drama and Sa takes care of him?

Credit: Asianfanatics MiSa thread

This fan asked Mike when Calling Big Star will broadcast, he isnt sure but it has been approved by China (why it was pending)..

...so i guess soon? And like i said maybe October..but i am not sure about it...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest JoongBoXiahJang

Calling Big Star will officially air on October 18th

Hope everyone will support mike's comeback drama, and Charlene's first idol serie!

Seems... interesting? I can't say about the plot, but I'm really looking forward to see Mike!

I'm not a big Charlene fan, but I don't mind her. I still can't get rid of her Twins image to watch this drama with Mike, though. I'm not getting the vibe from her... yet.

I guess I'll have to wait for the drama to see.

Guest JoongBoXiahJang

Some news article regarding CBS.

lol obviously I am a MiSa fan, but hope more people will like them after seeing them. First time seeing Charlene in idol serie, hope her professional acting for movies can turn into good serie acting as well :D Mike's comeback support as always!

Charlene Choi (Ah Sa) came to Taiwan to film an idol drama 'Calling Big Star'. Although she doesn't play the big star, outside the drama, she was definitely treated like one. Not only did she stay in the top suite in a 5-star restaurant, costing $15,000NT per night, she was also given her own car, stylist & assistant, letting her experience the total luxury of a big star.

Idol drama 'Calling Big Star' is godmother Angie Chai & Hunan TV's joint collaboration. Currently, they are waiting for the broadcast license from China's SARFT, if everything goes smoothly, the drama is expected to broadcast in October on CTS. The main leads for this drama is Hong Kong star Ah Sa & Mike He, and Ah Sa plays a bubbly female taxi driver. Because she really loved the script, even with an already full work schedule in Hong Kong, she still took time out to come to Taiwan to film, and also use the opportunity to eat her most-loved Taiwanese snacks.

Angie Chai gave Ah Sa a full 5-star treatment, but Ah Sa was fully prepared for 'Calling Big Star's famous evil director Lin He Long. His renowned constant swearing scared Ah Sa so much that she begged Angie in private: "Can you please tell Director Lin that if he wants to curse me, do it in private, otherwise he'll really make me cry!" However, her worries were all for nothing, as Director Lin has always been kind to the female leads, and not once did he curse Ah Sa!

0---

Mike He calls Ah Sa; will challenge F2 in October!

Source: Liberty Times

Translation: Sarah @ http://asianfanatics.net

After a few months of Taiwanese vs. Korean drama, the Sunday idol drama battle will start afresh in October. Ken Zhu's 'Momo Love' will replace Korea's 'Boys Over Flowers' and take on Vaness Wu's 'Next Station, Happiness' as well as Mike He's 'Calling Big Star' which will be airing on CTS. Poor Mike is about to be brutally killed by F2!

Taiwanese vs. Korean battle over; changes to battle of the 3 hot guys

The Taiwanese vs. Korean idol drama battle is almost over, and the Sunday idol drama battle will start afresh in October. Vaness Wu's 'Next Station, Happiness' will be up first, followed by Ken Zhu's 'Momo Love' & Mike He's 'Calling Big Star'. The 3 all haven't revealed their faces in idol dramas for some time. Mike practically disappeared from the idol drama battlefield since 'Bull Fighting' finished last year in February. Instead, he took on the big screen, filming movies 'Future Cops' & '7 Days'. Only this year did he return back to idol dramas, and collaborate with Ah Sa in 'Calling Big Star'. Recently, he has ended his work relationship with his old boss TVBS. He has only just been awarded freedom, but he is about to welcome F2's brutal kill, plus he is facing obstacles in finding a new boss; indeed is a difficult career choice.

'Momo Love' rushes filming

'Momo Love's director Winnie You is renowned for his slow but detailed directing. Although 'Momo Love' is set to replace 'Boys Over Flowers' but according to sources, since the drama began filming in May, they've been filming different scenes from different episodes, jumping all over the place. Only 3 episodes have been fully completed, and whether or not it will be ready for October, the crew & the actors may have to rush filming.

------------

sumarry of the mag scan above ^^^

HE is the entertainment’s industry’s best guarantee at box office – red hot popular star Bo Ye.

Big star Bo Ye has the star-status light shining down on him, but actually, his biggest wish is to go overseas to complete his postgraduate studies. Unfortunately, his father left a big pile of debt, his sister’s expensive school fees, his manager’s overdraft, and his good friend sinking into a financial crisis, all these continuous money pressures are all heaped onto Bo Ye alone.

“5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30… what an interesting lotto ticket..” Just when this strange set of numbers makes Bo Ye feel he has no hope at all, luck takes an amazing turn, surprising the unprepared Bo Ye. Unfortunately, he had accidentally taken De Xin’s (played by Charlene) book folder instead of his, losing his ticket which was inside. So where is this 3 hundred million dollar ticket gone? How can he just give it up like this? Bo Ye ponders how to get near De Xin to get his ticket back, without revealing this big secret. The final date for claiming his prize is nearing, and Bo Ye can only resort to his last option; using his invincible style, to give up his charming idol kiss to protect his undercover game!

preview is out on CTS, screen caps! >>> Official name [Calling For LOVE]

check out pics here - http://asianfanatics.net/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry6331030

Calling Big Star Preview!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_lurD0Nq9w

@ 1:02..Ah Sa is so cute with that smile =D

There is 3 previews out, a 15 sec one, 30 sec, and 1 minute, the above combined all 3 into one video and there is a little bit of eng subs.

Ohhhh~ there seems to be A LOT of kissing scenes =]

OCTOBER 18!! I cant wait for it

Guest JoongBoXiahJang

cmrz090919.jpg

Some cute gifs to share!

20090917_a216d930573f8594278aj85997.gifoutput.gif

new trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y_tWgdvTeA

summary of the 4 main characters. ill do the rest later okie hehe

ENJOY!

Bo Ye – played by Mike He

26 years old, he is the brightest star in the entertainment industry. With his charming smile & misty eyes, his sometimes sunny, sometimes melancholy personality electrifies every young girl from top to bottom, and it’s as if every cell inside them lives purely for Bo Ye.

Amongst the topics of fan girls, when asked who is their most favourite, charming male artist, it’s definitely going to be Bo Ye!

With continuous dramas and endorsement contracts piling in, his charm captivates the audience and he has the skill of excellent interpretations of different roles.

But behind the cameras, lies the real Bo Ye, and very few can understand that deep in his heart, he doesn’t like this job, which other people would die to have!

Bo Ye studies business administration and in private, he has a calm but responsible attitude. So to pay off the huge debts that are heaped onto him, as well as supporting his sister’s education, he doesn’t have a choice but to become this big star.

Upon the sudden financial crisis, De Xin comes into the picture and turns the whole situation into a big complicated mess, stopping him from successfully dating the girl he liked. But the most important thing is that somehow, his inner heart begins to undergo a transformation that even he himself can’t understand, and fate plays a joke on him once again..

Chen De Xin – played by Charlene Choi (Ah Sa)

23 years old, she is a taxi driver who came all the way from Hong Kong to Taiwan to find her father.

She’s friendly & natural, kind & has an enthusiasm to help others, although the synonym of part of her personality is ‘nosy’!

But the easygoing De Xin quickly settles into Taiwan’s life and culture; whether it’s Taiwanese snacks or fun sight-seeing places.

Her mother passed away a year ago, and the only memory De Xin has of her father is an old photo, taken 30 years ago. Hence, she decides to become a taxi driver, not only because of her superb driving skills, but by taking passengers everywhere, and meeting people from different places, she may meet someone that knows her father; that is the real reason why De Xin decide to become a taxi driver!

But, fate lets her meet big star Bo Ye, who mistakes her for paparazzi. One minute he gives her the cold treatment, the next invites her to become his taxi driver, and also talks to her about his problems. Although De Xin cannot stand Bo Ye, but why is it that every time she sees his melancholy eyes, her heart aches?

De Xin feels that she is very strange; didn’t she come to find her father? Why is it that everything that’s happening is contrary to her expectations..

Zhong Wei Li (Ah Li) – played by Chen Zhi Kai

27 years old, he’s optimistic and energetic, his driving skills are first-class, and the drifting techniques in Initial D are a piece of cake to him.

Not only is Ah Li a taxi driver, actually his true identity is successor for his family business.

Dropping this luxurious job & instead choosing to be a taxi driver at a shabby car dealer, it’s not because he has nothing better to do, but it’s because he wants to avoid the thing he’s most afraid of – arranged marriage!

Because when he was little, the memories of his many aunties hugging and kissing him left a scary shadow, and from then on, whenever Ah Li met a girl who had perfume or make-up on, he would run far away, as far as possible! Ah Li, with this phobia of women, one day meets his colleague De Xin, but he finds that he can be himself and eat, play and talk with her. De Xin doesn’t put perfume or make-up on, and her natural and outspoken personality is exactly the type of girl he likes, but isn’t De Xin his colleague & buddy?

An affectionate feeling spreads through his heart, leaving him confused whether his feelings towards De Xin is friendship or love..

Yang Wei Chen – played by Tracy Zhou

22 years old, she’s a 4th year business management student. With her stunning temperament & elegant beauty, she’s recognised as the campus belle.

She’s the typical ‘guys love, girls envy, everyone dotes on her’ perfect girl.

But behind this beautiful girl, with a privileged family background, lies a lonely, sad girl.

Because her parents were an arranged corporate marriage, her father has always had a cold attitude towards her mother, and he spends most of his time overseas on business trips. Watching her mother face silence & loneliness alone, Wei Chen tells herself; she must be brave & pursue her own happiness!

Although she has many suitors, the guy she truly loves is the shy boy-next-door guy she had met at a café years ago. Now that a few years have passed, he has turned into big star Bo Ye. But although his identity has changed, Wei Chen still doesn’t change her mind, and is determined to be with Bo Ye forever..

Archived