Title: 呼叫大明星 / Hu Jiao Da Ming Xing

English title: Calling Big Star

Genre: Romance, Comedy

Episodes:

Broadcast network: SETTV

Broadcast date: 2010

Air time:

Synopsis

Mike He plays a reluctant big star who entered the entertainment industry to support his family. Now that he has earned enough money and his contract about to end, he happily starts planning for the next stage of his life. Around the same time, unfortunate financial downturn struck his agent, his sister and his best friend. Feeling obligated to help them he contemplates on renewing his contract. Totally depressed by this thought, he buys a lotto ticket hoping that he can win the big one and save him from this dilemma. As luck would have it, he wins the jackpot but loses the ticket before he can cash it. Now he is chasing after a taxi driver, played by Charlene Choi, all over town in order to get it back.

Cast

Mike He as Bo Ye 柏野

Charlene Choi as Chen De Xing 陳德馨

Chen Zhi Kai as A Li 阿力

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest destinedisaster00

Does the synopsis sounds more like a movie than a drama to anyone else? There doesn't seem to be a lot of substance to the story beyond the drama being played out by Mike He.

I agree. While I was reading the summary,

I thought, "I wonder how long Mike He can chase a guy around for..."

Guest novemberbaby

Hm, skeptical about this drama since I don't like Charlene enough to watch a drama of hers. I just hope there's an actual meaning to the plot.

• 3 months later...

cbs.jpg

credit: charlene thread

i am anticipating this!

i love charlene, Misa couple looks cute =]

sad thing is, i heard it will be delayed becos it is a taiwan-mailand drama and the drama hasnt recieve permission from Mainland to broadcast.

Guest Khikarugal

cbs.jpg

credit: charlene thread

i am anticipating this!

i love charlene, Misa couple looks cute =]

sad thing is, i heard it will be delayed becos it is a taiwan-mailand drama and the drama hasnt recieve permission from Mainland to broadcast.

they make a cute couple.

Guest crazy lulu

total ditto on the synopsis. seems bleh to me. i'm willing to watch some of the films she's in, but i think i'll opt out on a drama.

Guest vanggirlie

looking forward to this too. not a huge charlene fan but i don't think she's bad either. love mike tho.

agree that even tho it looks like there won't be much to the plot i won't mind if there is good character development. altho i do think there'll probably be more to it then just the above.

0409_00282_011b2.jpg

credit: on.cc & google

about the synosis..the drama nor the drama preview is out yet. I am sure this not a real synosis..it is probably just the minimal people know about the drama..

when the drama does come out, we'll know...

they airing date is suppose to be july after "Knock Knock I love You"...but again it maybe delayed..

i hope not though =/ we still have hope cause dramawiki still says "Jul-2009"

Guest JoongBoXiahJang

ahh it is really making me mad how the serie is being delayed again. I heard it was going to air on July 26th, but then I heard they didn't make it on time in mainland china so another serie took its place.

I really want to see this.

Guest oh tangerine x

im excited to watch another mike he drama.

wish they would give out more info for the plot tho =/

• 2 weeks later...

wow, wat a bummer. D-Addicts just has it as "2009" now..and the "july 2009" spot is replaced by Roseate Love.

2z8vvhv.jpg

credit: wiki.d-addicts.com

More photo to help us through anticipation

85bce1c258b574d5f002fc05611b7e2f.jpg

W020090311497445781378.jpg

credit: google

Guest beta_shen

MIKE HE -fangirls- i loooooooove him -points at sig- cant find my matching avvie but w/e

hes almost the only reason i want to watch this drama .___.

but since im an absolute dramajunkie im sure after i start ill be hooked :]

^ and yeah that made me sad when i saw that the other day =/

Archived