Cha Seung-Won 차승원 [Upcoming Movies: “Believer 2”, “Tyrant”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Guest JeatvVoon

JeatvVoon - you are an angel!

thanks for posting links to his movies...

B) I'm happy to share the movies with CSW fans!

Can't wait to watch his new movie "Saving my wife", have been waiting for this a while. I really liked "Jail Breakers" also starring Song Yoon Ah. Btw, are there any newer pics from this movie?

Next project with HJH will sure be interesting, cause I think she did a good job in EOE. As kdramafanusa said: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I think you should see HJH as an actress. Well qwerty_u, hope CSW can change your mind and you'll give this movie a chance ;)

I'm so glad we'll see more of CSW in future!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMMWJGbcA7c

Download link please!

CSW looked different in that screen caps. I hope someone can rip that scene and upload.

Here's the clip in iPod format, if you want it in .avi PM me.

Kim Jang Hoon 김장훈 - A Shower 소나기 (feat. Cha Seung Won)

I totally love him in that mv, it's so sad!!!

Guest jastinel

B) I'm happy to share the movies with CSW fans!

Can't wait to watch his new movie "Saving my wife", have been waiting for this a while. I really liked "Jail Breakers" also starring Song Yoon Ah. Btw, are there any newer pics from this movie?

Next project with HJH will sure be interesting, cause I think she did a good job in EOE. As kdramafanusa said: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I think you should see HJH as an actress. Well qwerty_u, hope CSW can change your mind and you'll give this movie a chance ;)

I'm so glad we'll see more of CSW in future!

Here's the clip in iPod format, if you want it in .avi PM me.

Kim Jang Hoon 김장훈 - A Shower 소나기 (feat. Cha Seung Won)

I totally love him in that mv, it's so sad!!!

Thanks for sharing that awesome MV, already save in my Ipod! At first I thought it was a movie and I wish he will do a movie with the same plot.

I miss CSW! I haven`t finish DL all his movies. Thank`s for having time to upload all his movie`s, your an Angel Sis!

Guest qwerty_u

i really have nothing against HJH, i think she's a so-so actress but yet this is her chance to prove herself and mature as an actress. btw, i've seen her on EOE and yes, she improved, but not to the point where I'm so impress. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Thanks for the pictures lil_crash.

Guest kdramafanusa

Besides his recent tv drama, can you post details on his co-stars? I am not familiar with Korean movies.

Among actresses, he worked with many beautiful & famous ones who had won awards at various film ceremonies. I haven't seen some of the earliest works so I don't know if he's paired with all of them or not (but they are in the cast list).

- Ko So-Young (If The Sun Rises In The West): Considered one of the most beautiful female celebs. She, Shim Eun-Ha, and Ko Hyun-Jung were huge names in the 90's.

http://koreanfilm.org/actors.html#kosy

- Kim Hee-Seon (Ghost In Love): one of earliest Korean Wave stars with immense popularity in Chinese speaking communities (especially China) dued to dramas "Sunflower" & "Goodbye My Love" with Ahn Jae-Wook in the late 90's; she's labeled Korea's #1 beauty by Chinese media.

- Jang Jin-Young (Ghost In Love): one of Korea's best actresses

http://koreanfilm.org/actors2.html#changjy

- Lee Na-Young (Message): i saw this sbs special mini-series a long time ago, i don't even remember. Her later works include "Ruler Of Your Own World" (best trendy drama), "Who Are You?", "Please Teach Me English", "Someone Special" (from Jang Jin; won her Best Actress award at Blue Dragon), "Maundy Thursday" (best selling melodrama).

http://koreanfilm.org/actors2.html#leeny

- Kim Hye-Soo (Kick The Moon): Sex symbol, possibly queen of red carpet (especially Blue Dragon). She topped MovieWeek magazine's Most Beautiful Face for the last 2 or 3 years.

Blue Dragon 2006: she won Best & Most Popular Actress for movie "Tazza: The War Of Flower"

kimhyesoo2.jpg

kimhyesoo1.jpg

- Kim Ji-Soo: She had a cameo appearance in "The Big Scene / Murder, Take One." She's really beautiful/elegant, also a very good actress.

kimjisoo1.jpg

kimjisoo2.jpg

movie 'This Charming Girl' with Hwang Jung-Min

- Shim Hye-Jin (Over The Border): Award winning actress

http://koreanfilm.org/actors.html#shimhj

- Song Yoon-Ah

http://koreanfilm.org/actors2.html#songya

-

-

* Actors *

- Lee Sung-Jae (Kick The Moon)

http://koreanfilm.org/actors.html#leesj

- Seol Kyung-Gu: He's considered one of Korea's best actors (along with Choi Min-Shik and Song Kang-Ho)

http://koreanfilm.org/actors.html#sulkg

- Park Yong-Woo (Blood Rain):

- Shin Ha-Kyun (Murder, Take One)

http://koreanfilm.org/actors2.html#shinhk

- Jung Jae-Young (Murder, Take One):

http://koreanfilm.org/actors2.html#jungjy

- Han Seok-Gyu (Eye For An Eye)

http://koreanfilm.org/actors.html#hansg

-

How about his new co-star?

I'm still working on her profile for the movie thread, here's what I have down.

Han Ji-Hye

Name : Han Ji-hye

Name (Korean) : 한지혜

Date of Birth : 29-JUN-1984

Field : Actor

Height : 171cm / 47kg

Related Links : Management Company | Fan Cafe | Cyworld | Daum | Cine21 | Soompi thread

Movie

Humming 허밍 (2008-03-13)

My Boyfriend Is Type-B B형 남자친구 (2005-02-03)

Singles 싱글즈 (2003-07-11)

Saving My Hubby 굳세어라 금순아 (2002.10.18)

TV

East Of Eden 에덴의 동쪽 (MBC | 2008-08-25 ~ 2009-03-10)

Likable Or Not 미우나 고우나 (KBS1 | 2007-09-03 ~ 2008-05-02)

Cloud Stairways 구름계단 (KBS2 | 2006-09-18 ~ 2006-11-07)

The Secret Lovers 비밀남녀 (MBC | 2005-08-29 ~ 2005-11-01)

Island Village Teacher 섬마을 선생님 (SBS | 2004-06-02 ~ 2004-07-22)

Sweet 18 낭랑 18세 (KBS2 | 2004-01-19 ~ 2004-03-09)

Summer Scent 여름향기 (KBS2 | 2003-07-07 ~ 2003-09-08)

Scent Of A Man 남자의 향기 (MBC | 2003)

내 인생의 콩깍지 (MBC | 2003-04-07 ~)

Awards (not yet completed)

2009 - Asia Model Festival Awards: Female Model Star Award

2008 - The 3rd Korea Drama Festival: Female Excellence Award (East Of Eden)

2008 - MBC Drama Awards: Female Excellence Award (East Of Eden)

2007 - KBS Drama Awards: Female Excellence Award - Daily Drama (Likable Or Not)

2004 - BaekSang Arts Awards: Best New Actress

2003 - KBS Drama Awards: Best New Actress

2001 - Korea Super Model Contest: Special Award

~ CSW & HJH at 2003 KBS Drama Awards~

086004024l.jpg%7Boption%7D

{{{EDITING}}}}

Next project with HJH will sure be interesting, cause I think she did a good job in EOE. As kdramafanusa said: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I think you should see HJH as an actress. Well qwerty_u, hope CSW can change your mind and you'll give this movie a chance ;) I'm so glad we'll see more of CSW in future!

I am also eagerly waiting till "Saving my wife" comes out. I am eternally greatfull that through that movie CSW got to act in City Hall and thus made it so special.

About his next project with HJH: I only saw her in EOE. I liked her character transformation (from a naive innocent girl to a mature woman who knows how to get ahead in life - but I hated the fact she had to marry such a despicable man).

But EOE wasn't such a great drama, at a certain point it only focused on 1 character (LDC played by SSH) and there was no development in the story so I lost interest. I think she has potential so ill just wait and see.

I am looking forward to this project b'cos of CSW. So far I have enjoyed all his movies & am confident in his ability to choose quality roles.

Guest theLEGEND

he reminds me of Clive Owen

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Yh7C99Uri5s/SZWP...clive-owen2.jpg

also a fave actor of mine.

You know what? I had finished watching one of his movies a few hours ago and there was this particular scene where Clive Owen wore a black frame spectacle. My response was like, "Gosh! I thought I saw Cha Seung Won there for a split second!" LOL! :P

lilcrash: Thanks for sharing those two pictures~ :)

Guest jastinel

Just finished watching CSW movie Eye for an Eye and Small Town Rivals.

I enjoyed watching him in STR for he was so hilarious. CSW is not new with political plot in his project.

I see him as Mi Rae in this movie. He looked totally different from JG, but still, I can see his beautiful and expressive eyes. In Eye for an Eye, I was expecting that he have done some action scene, there`s only few and

I really want more scene of him. His really a good actor! I see how he transformed himself in different roles.

Sorry, I`m not good in writing down my thoughts!

Love you Cha!

Once again thanks to JeatvVoon, because of you, I`m enjoying his movie!

Guest kdramafanusa

http://sports.khan.co.kr/news/sk_index.htm...p;sec_id=540401

http://www.esportsi.com/bbs/zboard.php?id=...asc&no=1594

Indian film "Black" (directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali) will be shown in Korea starting on August 27th. Nate conducted a survey on the 24th to the 30th on which domestic actor is most suitable for the role of the teacher (played by Amitabh Bachchan)? The result was out on the 31st.

20090731025001990303040.jpg

1. Ahn Sung-Ki (35%) - national actor

2. Cha Seung-Won (29%)

3. Seol Kyung-Gu (23%)

4. Ha Jung-Woo (13%)

CSW was fantastic (as he always is ) in Blood Rain.

Indian film "Black" (directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali) will be shown in Korea starting on August 27th. Nate conducted a survey on the 24th to the 30th on which domestic actor is most suitable for the role of the teacher (played by Amitabh Bachchan)? The result was out on the 31st.

Amitabh Bachchan is a known Hindi actor. I loved his movies from the 70's. In recent years his films havent been all that great. I think he recieved an award for his role in "Black" but personnaly I didnt like the movie. The director,SLB - was trying too hard to depress us as viewers and it didnt work for me.

And even if a Korean version was made, a much older actor than CSW is needed in that role

Guest luthien

Like the Moon Escaping From the Clouds Confirms Cast

by KPCulture

Actors Hwang Jung Min, Cha Seung Won, Han Ji Hye, and Baek Sung Hyun will join director Lee Jun Ik of King and the Clown in his third historical production – Like the Moon Escaping From the Clouds (구르믈 버서난 달처럼).

20090804_1249356450-1.jpg

Hwang Jung Min, Cha Seung Won, Han Ji Hye, Baek Sung Hyun

Like the Moon Escaping From the Clouds is being adapted into an action film from a three-book Korean manga series by Park Heung Yong. It was awarded the Republic of Korea Cartoon Culture Literary Prize by the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and in 2005, translated into English by Steven D. Capener. The story is set at the end of the 16th century’s Joseon Dynasty, following Japan’s invasion of Korea.

Cha Seung Won is cast as the protagonist, Lee Mong Hak, who dreams of overthrowing the incompetent politicial regime and starting a world revolution. He leads a peasant rebellion against societal injustice and for equality. Mong Hak excels in the art of fighting to the extent that he is called Joseon’s best butcher. Cha Seung Won is currently training in swordsmanship, horseback riding, and action scenes. Uhm Tae Woong was initially cast as this character.

Hwang Jung Min is in the role of Hwang Jung Hak, a legendary blind swordsman who faces off against Lee Mong Hak. Although Jung Hak can’t physically see, he has acute insight. Upon meeting Gyun Ja (Baek Sung Hyun) who is distressed about how to get revenge, Jung Hak teaches him martial arts as they chase after Mong Hak. Director Lee Jun Ik said that the screenplay was created with Hwang Jung Min in mind for this character.

Baek Sung Hyun has been cast as Gyun Ja. As the son of a concubine, he harbours resentment against the world due to his lesser status. With the help of Hwang Jung Hak, he chases after Lee Mong Hak to avenge his father’s murder. Ryu Seung Beom was originally cast in this role; however, he had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts after this production was delayed.

Han Ji Hye will play Baek Ji, a gisaeng and Lee Mong Hak’s longtime lover. When she is left behind by Mong Hak, she goes off to search for him. Lee Mong Hak and Gyun Ja fight for her love. In preparation for her first sageuk, Han is practising to play the gayageum and sing Korean poems.

The film [finally] goes into production at the end of this month and is expected to hit theatres in the first half of 2010.

Source: StarToday

Guest kdramafanusa

Source: DaheeFanel

August 4, 2009

The Reunion of the Dong-Chul Couple!

0412054500060800040.jpg

Haha, this makes me far too happy.

It’s been confirmed: The upcoming Lee Joon Ik sageuk film, Like The Moon Escaping From Clouds, has completed its main casting. And the leads are: Hwang Jung Min, Han Ji Hye, Cha Seung Won, and…Baek Sung Hyun. That’s right. After acting together (and having such great chemistry!) in their recently completed drama The Accidental Couple, Hwang Jung Min and Baek Sung Hyun are reuniting in this film. What’s even cuter is that Baek Sung Hyun is playing the role of Gyun-ja, an illegitimate child who decides to travel with Hwang Jung Hak (Hwang Jung Min’s blind swordsman character) in order to avenge the murder of his father at the hands of Lee Mong Hak (as played by Cha Seung Won). So maybe we’ll be seeing some brotherly love again? I can’t wait!

Okay, so this is a huge step down from the previous casting news of Hwang Jung Min, Uhm Tae Woong, and Ryu Seung Beom, but it ain’t looking so bad, considering. I’m still deeply disappointed that I won’t be able to see these three actors together onscreen anytime soon, but Cha is also a good actor (as he showed in his last sageuk, Blood Rain). And while Baek Sung Hyun isn’t the greatest actor in the world (he still needs to work on his subtlety, that one), his chemistry with Hwang is already confirmed, and I confess that I’m tickled pink that we’ll be seeing them together again. (Why do I have the feeling that Hwang’s previous casting in this film had an impact on Baek Sung Hyun’s decision to join this project?)

Director Lee Joon Ik reportedly said that he cast these actors because they all had good acting skills and each had very different atmospheres to them. He promises that this film will be an even more dramatic sageuk than The King and the Clown was.

Like The Moon Escaping From Clouds is scheduled to start filming later this month, and plans to hit theatres in early 2010. (Too far away!)

(Via Daily Economy and No Cut News)

Guest cleown

Yay, thanks for the news (:

I'm happy to see Baek Sung Hyun who frankly spoken really isn't the best actor but he's a cutie! Which probably helps this movie to gain some more popularity among the fans, since Hwang Jung Min and CSW aren't really what draws young women to watch a sageuk... I guess I'm standly alone here saying, CSW is MY reason to anticipate this. I do like Uhm Tae Woong a lot but I can't see him portraying a rebel. CSW is definitely a better choice.

Oh, and as for Han Ji Hye: I haven't seen much of EoE (gosh, it was so draggy), but I definitely think that she improved tremendously there compared to her past works.

The story sounds really, really good as the main character doesn't seem to be the good guy at all, though he has virtuous motives and goals. At least it sounds like Hwang Jung Hak and Gyun Ja are the actual protagonist, while CSW plays a villian - a sexy one, however :P

P.S. I'll try to post MF links to CSW's movies later. Thanks goes to JeatvVoon for sharing a few movies I didn't have.

Guest sam2006

He leads a peasant rebellion against societal injustice and for equality. Mong Hak excels in the art of fighting to the extent that he is called Joseon’s best butcher. Cha Seung Won is currently training in swordsmanship, horseback riding, and action scenes. Uhm Tae Woong was initially cast as this character.

likethemoon.jpg

Guest jastinel

Yehey, there is one movie that I can`t wait to see for next year!

It`s good to admire two wonderful actors, Suna and CSW, while Suna is resting, I`m busy with CSW movies.

Today I saw his movie "A day with my Son", I was surprised with the twist in this movie.

I hope all the newbies here like me, will get to watch it.

I also like to watch Blood Rain, may be I missed the DL of that here, I`ll just search for it.

For now I`m trying to finish DL-ding his movie "My Teacher kim".

Keep the good news coming!

a new movie?

woa, a new image? with another person? she ins't KSA?

uhm,besides suna, I can't think everyone

hahhahaha

but maybe I can accept if he invited my Mayor Shin when this flim starts. hahahah *^^*

Guest kdramafanusa

I'm happy to see Baek Sung Hyun who frankly spoken really isn't the best actor but he's a cutie! Which probably helps this movie to gain some more popularity among the fans, since Hwang Jung Min and CSW aren't really what draws young women to watch a sageuk...

HJM & CSW are not familiar names to young Soompiers or those who don't follow Korean films, but they and director Lee Joon-Ik have drawing power in Korea at least. :)

Best Selling Films of 2005

1. The King and The Clown (directed by Lee Joon-Ik)

9. You're My Sunshine (directed by Park Jin-Pyo; Hwang Jung-Min & Jeon Do-Yeon) - 3,051,134

11. Murder, Take One (directed by Jang Jin; Cha Seung-Won & Shin Ha-Kyun) - 2,475,291

14. Blood Rain (directed by Kim Dae-Seung; Cha Seung-Won, Park Yong-Woo) - 2,274,995

All-Time Best Selling Domestic Films

1. The Host (2006) - directed by Bong Joon-Ho

2. The King And The Clown (2005) - directed by Lee Joon-Ik

3. Taegukgi (2004) - directed by Kang Je-Gu

4. Silmido (2003) - directed by Kang Woo-Seok

5. D-War (2007)

Guest JeatvVoon

Hehe, talking about sageuk.. I just uploaded Blood Rain. I'm so looking forward to his new movie, out in 2010?? :wacko:

Blood Rain (2005)

(혈의 누, Hyeol-eui Noo)

m0010032bloodrainp1h585xt4.jpgm0010034bloodrainp3h585up5.jpg

Synopsis:

It is the 19th century Chosun dynasty, an era of loathing and vengeance towards Catholics. A transport ship carrying paper to the palace burns into ashes, and investigator Won-kyu is sent to the scene. Brutal murders follow suit, which are traced back to a curse by a Christian who had his whole family beheaded seven years previously. The climax builds to an unexpected ending…

Director: Kim Dae-seung

Cast:

* Cha Seung-won as Won-kyu

* Park Yong-woo as In-kwon

* Ji Sung as Du-ho

* Choi Ji-na as Man-shin

* Oh Hyeon-kyeong as Kim Chi-sung

Info:

Language: Korean

Subtitles: English (.srt)

Size: 700 Mb

Download:

Rapidshare Folder: http://rapidshare.com/users/CDREB8

Part 1/Part 2/Part 3/Part 4/Subs

I really like this movie, it shows different topics, like religion, opinion in politics rich-poor, intrigue...It was interesting to see the character development of Won-Kyu (CSW). You gotta watch this one, especially when you want to see CSW in a sageuk before his new one "Like The Moon Escaping From Clouds".

There are a few brutal and bloody scenes, so be warned! ;)