The Filipino F4

Guest thua

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ERR. Is it just me or are all Filipinos actors look East Asian? Why can't they have actors that represent the typical Filipino, you know, the 99% of your country that have dark skin?

And who actually watches Filipino dramas other than Filipinos? Not me. I hear people getting anxious for TW-Dramas and K-Dramas a lot.

Lol, not all Filipinos are dark. And if you happen to come across a light skinned Filipino, that doesn't mean he or she is mixed with Chinese. There are dark and light skinned Filipinos, just as there are dark and light skinned Cambodians, Vietnamese, etc.

P.S. I can understand why some Filipinos are ashamed to be Filipino/are hating on their own country. Yeah, we may not have the BEST environment, technology, entertainment, etc. as compared to more successful countries in Asia such as Korea or Japan. But, damn, try to see what we DO have and try to give the country as much lovin' as possible! Lol.

Lol, not all Filipinos are dark. And if you happen to come across a light skinned Filipino, that doesn't mean he or she is mixed with Chinese. There are dark and light skinned Filipinos, just as there are dark and light skinned Cambodians, Vietnamese, etc.

P.S. I can understand why some Filipinos are ashamed to be Filipino/are hating on their own country. Yeah, we may not have the BEST environment, technology, entertainment, etc. as compared to more successful countries in Asia such as Korea or Japan. But, damn, try to see what we DO have and try to give the country as much lovin' as possible! Lol.

I totally agree with you on this one.

People are so into Korean, Japanese, Chinese actors/singers/models that they've been drawn into their appearance/style.

I admit, I like them too, but I still have love for some Filipino artists well.

Especially when it comes to singing, Filipinos really nail it in.

Don't underestimate their looks. ~

Also I feel like the half-Filipinos are getting all the attention.

The full-blooded ones are always caught in the cold.

Well, most of the time.

But I think the Philippines can be a much better country.

"Just 'cause the Chinese one didn't richard simmons you off enough.."

what is that suppose to mean?

Meteor Garden came out before the Japanese one. (the drama, not manga)

no i think the poster meant the mainland china remake thats happening this year.

so its been :

1. MG

2. HYD

3. BOF

4. mainland china

5. filo one

I totally agree with you on this one.

People are so into Korean, Japanese, Chinese actors/singers/models that they've been drawn into their appearance/style.

I admit, I like them too, but I still have love for some Filipino artists well.

Especially when it comes to singing, Filipinos really nail it in.

Don't underestimate their looks. ~

Also I feel like the half-Filipinos are getting all the attention.

The full-blooded ones are always caught in the cold.

Well, most of the time.

But I think the Philippines can be a much better country.

we also beast in dancing!~

---

but anyways, i hope it wont be cooornyyy like the other ones..

Guest ichigo_no_powder

i knew this was going to happen, the filipino media was obviously the next one to create their own version of HYD. waiting for thai to start =.=

F4 looks pretty good but i think the girl is really unattractive, even for a character as 'plain' as makino

Guest incomplete.

Too much, or too little is not good. It should be something in between.

They should at least know the limit, what's with all these hype over BOF? Yeah, really I wonder what's country is going to have thier F4 next.

I must say some of the guys look good though.

Guest blackvelvetfever

I'm gonna be honest, all these adaptations are getting too repetitive and it's just one country after another but if they can make it somewhat unique to all the other versions then goodluck to the Phillipines series.

Guest inubaka25

Filipino F4 don't look bad. They actually look pretty hot.

Is the first guy on the left the main guy Joonpyo/Domyouji?

The second guy looks like a Hanazawa Rui/Jihoo guy?

and the third actor looks like Yijung/Sojirou? kind of guy

and the last guy on the right goes for the last F4 person

I mean, its cool that they're doing it. Whether or not it's goign to come out awesome and a huge hit as the Korean and Japanese one (and Chinese one? Inever watched it) is going to be based on how well they act and how well the story is going to be.

The mangaka is probably going to be super rich. Luckkyyy. There aren't a lot of successful mangakas like her.

Guest carla03

omo... not those guys please. Im fine with sarah..but i guess abs should give chance to their other stars..i mean i can see that star magic has really a lot of new and pretty stars. I think those guys don't really deserve to be called f4..weeeshh.. sorry for their fans.. :blush:

Guest wakeupluv

i don't think you'll get to see this remade in the US. If they did, they would change it to where it wouldn't be the same. Besides the US doesn't show mini-series on tv, so it wouldn't work. I never watched Meteor Garden, but a lot of friends love it so. It just doesn't get old does it?

This thread should be locked before people get the wrong idea or information.

It's not even confirmed that ABS-CBN bought the rights to do the drama and there's a two year ban on Hana Yori Dango remakes after the Korean one. For sure those aren't the actors playing the "Filipino F4."

And people should calm down on the hating. If ever there was a Filipino remake, it will be done specifically for the Philippine audience. No one is forcing YOU to watch.

Guest last love.

Omfg. Seriously? First, Twilight... Now this? @_@ Aish, hopefully, they don't butcher it. D:

But it should be interesting to see Sarah Geronimo as Makino. o_O She is, after all, the pop princess of the Philippines. -o-;

Guest ling_ling

this is crazy!

thts like four countries making it

who next

japan - tht wud be good cos it is a japanese manga ...

lol i hope to god they dont make a western one cos tht wud be soooooooooo stupid !!!!!!!!!

this is crazy!

thts like four countries making it

who next

japan - tht wud be good cos it is a japanese manga ...

lol i hope to god they dont make a western one cos tht wud be soooooooooo stupid !!!!!!!!!

Have you been living under a rock for the past decade or something?

Hana Yori Dango (2005) was the japanese version with Inoue Mao and Matsumoto Jun that even lived through a second season (2007) and a film (2008).

Archived