The Filipino F4

Guest thua

Guest lilyphilia.

no! just please stop all those remakes! it sucks and it really pisses me off!

damn! they really are running out of ideas aren't they? that's just too sad..tsk >.<

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest miss scarlett

I'm not that surprised of this considering Meteor Garden was REALLYYY popular in the Philippines back then.

But I was surprised at the Mainland China production. I already considered Meteor Garden as the Chinese version because they spoke Mandarin. Having a HYD remake in China just means another version of it being performed in Mandarin, and I don't think HYD needs TWO Mandarin versions of the same story.

But then again, I was never a fan of the manga nor the anime nor the drama(s), lol, so I'm not expecting to watch this one as well, considering that I couldn't even finish the first version lol

Guest chorus

I think a Filipino version of Hana Yori Dango is not good.

I still want the original.

And the F4 fever had already passed and here they go again.

Well let's see if it succeeds. :)

Guest starskipper

To be honest ,the taiwanese version irritates me too.

the korean version only lee min ho irritates me.

this deals further damage

Guest tiffanydawn

To be honest ,the taiwanese version irritates me too.

uhh. i am just curious :) why are you irritated with the Taiwanese version?

Guest chopstick^^

moron! .. how can u diss chinese f4... and tell ppl it's a joke? .. Oh, HAR HAR... very funny? Not!???

Where is the joke? .. Can't u joke? .. So ain't funny! Why don't u just admit ur being racist!

Anyways, it's okay.. It just make's u look bad to look down on others!

Ur problem! Not mine!

edit .. okay i get the joke! there's too many remakes? .. or are u just dissin china version? .. They can do woteva they want! Let them be!

Guest thepianist

ugh i'm filipino and I think filipino dramas are so corny! They wreck everything! why thiss!!!!! > __ <

I love the korean f4 wahhh

Guest ohb0yitsMEL

i'm not very familiar with the filipino entertainment industry, but i heard from my friend, who's filipino, that they make a LOT of remakes of dramas from other asian countries. is this true? if so, i find that to be quite corny... i mean i know everyone makes remakes of each other, but i hate it when it gets excessive. then again idk for sure if it's true so don't bash me ;P just wondering.

to the poster: if u didn't want such a reaction, then u shouldn't have posted a subtitle like that. i don't think anyone would have got that "joke" until you explained it in one of your posts. even then it's still kinda lame -_- and i feel that it's only natural for people to have such a reaction, i would expect people from any race, not just chinese, to have a similar response. i'm not at all offended by this but i can understand why some people were hyped up by ur sub.

Guest Miss.Understood

"Just 'cause the Chinese one didn't richard simmons you off enough.."

what is that suppose to mean?

Meteor Garden came out before the Japanese one. (the drama, not manga)

^ Agreed.

The HYD fever is getting hot.

i'm not very familiar with the filipino entertainment industry, but i heard from my friend, who's filipino, that they make a LOT of remakes of dramas from other asian countries. is this true? if so, i find that to be quite corny... i mean i know everyone makes remakes of each other, but i hate it when it gets excessive. then again idk for sure if it's true so don't bash me ;P just wondering.

to the poster: if u didn't want such a reaction, then u shouldn't have posted a subtitle like that. i don't think anyone would have got that "joke" until you explained it in one of your posts. even then it's still kinda lame -_- and i feel that it's only natural for people to have such a reaction, i would expect people from any race, not just chinese, to have a similar response. i'm not at all offended by this but i can understand why some people were hyped up by ur sub.

Yes. You're right. It's way too much to expect from a place like soompi.

And for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure some people got the teasing without reading my explanation, but yes, most people are too sensitive on soompi.

If people get pissed off about it, then I'll just watch them crying even though it was not my intention.

And would you care to explain why you hate it when it gets excessive? 'Cause that is the point I am trying to make. Why do people care so much? Is it that hard to just NOT watch the remake?

Guest yojan17

Dennis Trillo? Mark Anthony?

I want Sarah to make a film with Richard Gutierrez, as hammy as he is ... he does well (well as in I don't have to pull my eyes out when he acts) in comedy. And it's a stamp of popularity, methinks. I really want her established.

About Rayver's acting, did you guys watch that one MMK he did when he played a jerk who got someone pregnant and he denies her in order for him to stay in school? Then goes on a downward spiral... he can actually act. The most bothersome thing about him is he's 19 and a 6 footer or whatever... but he still looks 12. And as Jessica Zafra said, he has Angelina Jolie lips. (BWAH)

I never watched Betty La Fea, I really like Bea and John Lloyd (sorry folks, ONE MORE CHANCE, ftw!) but 6 years is too much for a tandem. :lol:

I never got to see that MMK episode with Rayver. Maybe I'll try to to one of these days. :D LOL@ Angelina lips.

About this Philippine version of HYD, I don't think this will materialize sometime in the near future. I don't worry much about this, if they plan to do a remake, they may do so. No big deal for me. It's tiring to get yourself too involved in something that you don't have a control over *coughs*MyGirlRemake*coughs*. :rolleyes:

Guest et cetra

mm, the second dude in the picture's kinda cute... hehe. :)

not too sure if i'll be watching it though.. i'd have to scour the net for it. =/

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ★이은미❤슈&#5

As If The Korean & The Chinese One aint enough....

I Can't Deal W/ Another "Boys' Before/Over Flowers"

Guest *lyrynne*

another one then this.

really overrated and people keep on loving it

thank goodness i'm out

Guest isai12

ugh i'm filipino and I think filipino dramas are so corny! They wreck everything! why thiss!!!!! > __ <

I love the korean f4 wahhh

i think we should try.. if you dont like.. then dont watch it.. im a filipino too. but i dont want bash filipino seris though.. if i dont like them. then leave it. *peace*

Guest charmaine412

I Love both Taiwan and Korean version, just can't imagine the Filipino version. :rolleyes::unsure:

Archived