Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

what a pitty...but can you copy that for me :D

btw, thank's for your attention dear...

Iks.. MArchy is his private docter cum wife not his Film maker.. U may need Audrey's help..

i haf resized his close-up pix...

re-posted following Azura...

close055ov.jpg

close032dc.jpg

close028cg.jpg

close017ej.jpg

Credit to Azura

I dun mind those big pics ..but thanks TY for these..

Man.....i just wanna rub my face against those sexy stubbles.......

Labonita babe..thanks for the Bangkok schedules..i hope My-Littlefish takes note of that..

Babes in Bangkok..wish i can join u ..(might pop over for all u know!!)

Just have lots of fun and JDG is one man u have to meet in person!!!

you know me too well TY dear....., need some injection....??i can make you dream about oppa's for a whole night...hehe....:)

Iks..., better ask audrey for help.....

Thanks dear.. save ur INJECTION to him.. me dun need urs but really need HIS INJECTION...

MUAHAHAHHAHAH...36_11_6.gif

I did remember u, ajummah.. however wat titled u have registered or played ? Or his Film Maker cum Wife..

Register!!!!!!!!!!! what!!!! lost............ yes Season 2 of LOST is very good.....

dunno what position to register, okie..... video cum baby sitter when he is not well..... i am good at sleeping on floor....

For those who wants a copy of the movie of JDG, just pm me lah! lets see how i can help you.

Inez- where u go? i looking hi/low for you????? u still in bed dreaming of him?

Register!!!!!!!!!!! what!!!! lost............ yes Season 2 of LOST is very good.....

dunno what position to register, okie..... video cum baby sitter when he is not well..... i am good at sleeping on floor....

For those who wants a copy of the movie of JDG, just pm me lah! lets see how i can help you.

Inez- where u go? i looking hi/low for you????? u still in bed dreaming of him?

Audrey..been out at JB..bought u babes 'Taegukgi' dvds..n did some cute T's.. :P ..

When r u leaving for G Highlands..?..

On Friday we r going to watch The Promise..so SG Jangers aka Babes of JDG..please join n have fun ya'all..!!

Audrey..been out at JB..bought u babes 'Taegukgi' dvds..n did some cute T's.. :P ..

When r u leaving for G Highlands..?..

On Friday we r going to watch The Promise..so SG Jangers aka Babes of JDG..please join n have fun ya'all..!!

thanks babee...... can't wait to see him LIVE again......

Now..... if only i can also watch "Typhoon"!!!!!!!!!!! Wait for me hor! on this show.... Thursday is the day.... so if any girls going to G this week, look me up k....

Wow, so ur friend has seen The Promise already? How'd she find it? It hasn't been getting good reviews in the 2 countries where it's currently being screened, but hey, still too early to consign it to the dustbin! And it did get nominated in both the Golden Globes and the Oscars so that's saying a lot! Did u notice am trying to ignore the last part of ur post? That's coz am still mighty envious and jealous of the gals who saw this hot man up close! :lol: And I refuse to take responsibility for my actions and feelings!

haha..... nope did not asked her about the movie coz she didn't want to talk much about it in the office but she said if she has such "kang tao" next time, maybe she will pass the tickets to me :P

btw, you gals enjoy the movie this friday:) ... and please post your reviews :D ..... can't join as it's my company's annual D&D

Transcribed from The Straits Times - Life! - Thursday, December 15, 2005

life-01.jpg

life-02.jpg

No Slave to love

Jang Dong Gun plays a slave in the movie, The Promise. But he is also a slave to work and that means he has no time to fall in love.

By Mak Mun San

Poor Jang Dong Gun. He may be one of the hottest stars in South Korea with women swooning at his every move, but when it comes to his love life, the dreamboat is still drawing a blank.

In town yesterday to promote his new film, The Promise, he told Life! that his hectic work schedule makes it impossible to fall in love.

“I’ve been flying in and out of the country over the last three years. It’s difficult for me to find a girlfriend, let alone maintain a relationship,” he said through an interpreter.

Jang told Time magazine in 2001 that he does not date even though he would “love to go out with a normal girl, holding hands or whatever”.

“But it is a delicate matter. Ones she goes out with me, the whole country will know,” he said then.

And if they were to break up, “she will be remembered as Jang Dong Gun’s ex. She will be a ‘woman with a past’”

Things apparently have not changed. Yesterday when asked about the possibility of finding love with his co-stars on movie sets, he replied with a chuckle: “I wished I could too, but in the last five years, all my co-stars have been male actors.”

His last few films were Brotherhood, Coastguard, 2009 Lost Memories and Friend – all male-centric movies dealing with issues of war, loyalty and survival.

Although there is a female lead, Hong Kong actress Cecilia Cheung in his latest movie, Jang said that he “barely had any chance to communicate” with her because of the language barrier.

Jang, 33, sent more than 600 fans into a frenzy when he arrived at Changi Airport’s Terminal 1 around 1 pm yesterday. He flew in from Hong Kong for a whirlwind one-day trip.

Wearing a white top, bright red shirt, a beret and a sunglasses, he waved and smiled at the crowd before being whisked through the barricaded pathway into an Alfa Romeo GT, one of a fleet of five cars waiting for him and his entourage of eight.

Dubbed one of South Korea’s four Heavenly Kings along with Bae Yong Joon, Won Bin and Lee Byung Hun, he was the last of the quartet to visit Singapore.

He was clearly surprised at the warm reception at Changi.

About two hours later, he attended a press conference at the Ritz-Carlton hotel, having changed into black top, black jacket and grey trousers.

Warm, down-to-earth and carrying no airs, he immediately won over the roomful of reporters with his very first words: A short greeting in Mandarin.

Jian dao nimen hen gaoxing,” he cooed. The Mandarin phrase means “I’m very happy to meet all of you”.

life007.jpg

life008.jpg

Not just a pretty face

To play the role of loyal slave in The Promise, Jang had to learn his Mandarin lines by heart. In fact, he was said to have repeated them so many times during the dubbing process that his throat exerted to the point of bleeding.

But he coolly downplayed the amount of effort he spent on speaking the language, saying simply: “I didn’t really study hard. Mandarin is very difficult to master because of the four intonations.”

Directed by China’s Chen Kaige of Farewell to My Concubine fame, the US $35 million (S $59 million) fantasy epic, which also stars Hong Kong’s Nicholas Tse, Japan’s Hiroyuki Sanada and China’s Liu Ye, is the most expensive Asian film so far.

Although the film has received unflattering reviews – Life! calls it “a spectacular failure” while The New Paper concludes it is “not so promising after all” – it has managed a Golden Globe nomination for Best Foreign Language Film.

Speaking to Life! later, Jang laughed when you point out that he has a track record of being involved in big-budget films. His next movie, Typhoon, which will be released early next year, is the most expensive Korean movie at US $ 20 million.

Asked if the high budgets were because he was the most expensive actor in South Korea, he said candidly: “I’m not aware of how much money other Korean actors are getting, but you can say I’m one of the most expensive actors.”

In a recent survey by the South Korean daily Chosun Ilbo, he was voted by the country’s 12 most influential film producers, as the most bankable actor in South Korea. In comparison, Bae, whose name is synonymous with the hallyu (Korean wave), was ranked 28th.

Last month Jang became the first Korean star to appear on the cover of the Asian edition of Time magazine, more proof of his rising star power.

Up close he looks smaller than the 1.8 m he is said to be. But his chiseled features, tanned skin and big eyes more than make up for his less than hunky frame.

His charisma lies not in his beautiful face, but in disarmingly relaxed and polite way he carries himself.

He is almost like Hong Kong actor Tony Leung Chiu Wai, who is famous for being enigmatic and yet very obliging.

Jang listened to the reporter's questions intently - he can understand a little English - smiling often bashfully. Then, in his low husky drawl, he delivered such detailed and earnest replies that you wished you spoke his language.

Born in Yongsan Gu but raised in Seoul, the elder of two sons entered showbiz in 1992 after his mother signed him up for an acting class.

He made his debut the following year in the drama serial Our heaven, but his most well-known TV role to date is the devoted rich guy in All About Eve, which shown on Channel U in 2001.

Thanks to his leading man looks, his foray into movies since 1997 has been a smooth ride, but it is evident from his recent works that he is determined to shed his pretty-boy image.

The oddball characters that he has portrayed so far include a gangster in Friend (2001), a deranged soldier in Coastguard (2002), a twisted soul in Brotherhood (2004) and a pirate in Typhoon.

“I like strong characters, TV dramas are limited in their scope. Movies allow me to express myself in different roles, ” said Jang, who has released four pop albums.

That strong, male image he so keenly projected melted away when his greatest weakness – kimchi – was brought up.

It was reported that when he was filming The Promise in remote areas in China for six months last year, he lost weight when his kimchi supply ran out and he had no appetite. Emergency supplies had to be brought in from Beijing and he survived on rice and kimchi for the rest of the production.

Does he always bring kimchi with him? Grinning like a schoolboy he nodded firmly and said in English: “Yes!”

Give that man a packet of kimchi.

munsan@sph.com.sg

credit: YoonEe, just jang dong gun

Thanks dear.. save ur INJECTION to him.. me dun need urs but really need HIS INJECTION...

MUAHAHAHHAHAH...36_11_6.gif

Which injection are u referring to, TY? U're making me awfully nervous! And no doubt Marchy is a master at such injections! :rolleyes::lol:

And TY, good eye there! That is a gargantuan siggy, iks! I know we can never get enough of this guy, but the mods may have something to say to that! :lol:

haha..... nope did not asked her about the movie coz she didn't want to talk much about it in the office but she said if she has such "kang tao" next time, maybe she will pass the tickets to me :P

btw, you gals enjoy the movie this friday:) ... and please post your reviews :D ..... can't join as it's my company's annual D&D

Still try to catch the movie please, ylin, one of these days, when the office is no longer as toxic! :P It's been pummeled by critics and some viewers alike, but I still maintain it's worth that trip to the cinema! :rolleyes:

Audrey, which movie do u mean? Do u mean THE movie u made? Really? It's meant for public consumption? Coz I would want a copy! :P I do have a copy of the first season of Lost but haven't seen that yet! Will try to during the holidays! And Merry Christmas to u too, and everyone else, of course! :)

Jian dao nimen hen gaoxing,” he cooed. The Mandarin phrase means “I’m very happy to meet all of you”.

Wat wud he say if he met us?

"Mama.. wo yao hui jia.. wo yao hui jia"

36_11_6.gif

Wat wud he say if he met us?

36_11_6.gif

Dearie, what does this mean?

The injection that ur mind thinking ... dear ..

Am not thinking anything, TY! Am trying to be good for Christmas lest Santa leaves me out of his Christmas list! :lol:

Which injection are u referring to, TY? U're making me awfully nervous! And no doubt Marchy is a master at such injections! :rolleyes::lol:

The injection that ur mind thinking ... dear ..

And TY, good eye there! That is a gargantuan siggy, iks! I know we can never get enough of this guy, but the mods may have something to say to that! :lol:

No doubt MOD will say b4 X'mas.. :lol::lol:

Dearie, what does this mean?

"Mommy, i want to go home.. i want to go home"

SG gals....

On this coming Thurday 22 Dec at 8pm,

Channel U programme "Men's Uno" will have coverage of JDG's in Singapore!

Inez, remember we took a pic of the host "Adam" at the airport? :)

Inez, remember we took a pic of the host "Adam" at the airport? :)

i will refresh her memory, remember, you call out to that guy and say "excuse me, look here" and you just snap him.... without us knowing who he was then...hahahah

'Typhoon' sets five-day box office record for 2005

SEOUL, Dec. 19 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's new high-budget movie "Typhoon" drew 1.8 million people during its first five days in theaters, setting a local box-office record for this year, its distributor said Monday.

The action film released nationwide Wednesday broke the August record of 1.4 million by "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance," a prize-winning thriller directed by Park Chan-wook, said CJ Entertainment.

The blockbuster directed by Kwak Gyeong-taek has been the talk of the town because of its star actors, record budget and theme of inter-Korean confrontation.

The plot centers on an attempt by a North Korean pirate, played by Jang Dong-gun, to make a nuclear attack on the Korean Peninsula, and efforts by a South Korean agent, played by Lee Jung-jae, to stop him.

The agent comes to sympathize with the North Korean, who grew up penniless in China after witnessing as a child the massacre of his family after a failed attempt to seek asylum in the South.

Shot in South Korea, Thailand and Russia, the movie cost 15 billion won (US$14.7 million) for production and 4 billion won for publicity.

The divided-nation theme has been frequently used in South Korean record-breaking movies in recent years, including "Shiri" (1998), "Silmido" (2003), "Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War" (2003) and "Welcome to Dongmakgol" (2005).

"Taegukgi," a tale of two brothers during the Korean War, which brought lead actor Jang to international stardom, holds the record of 2 million viewers in its first five days.

"Typhoon" was released on the highest number of screens, 540, at 115 theaters nationwide.

hkim@yna.co.kr

(END)

credit jangdonggun-club

Things apparently have not changed. Yesterday when asked about the possibility of finding love with his co-stars on movie sets, he replied with a chuckle: “I wished I could too, but in the last five years, all my co-stars have been male actors.”

:lol: ...

thanx for the article...