Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Besides a US tour, WG said they will go or may go to these countries this year: Japan (August), Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand (March), Europe (I thought I heard LIM specially mentioned Italy), Australia (Yeeun).

Italy? :w00t: *dies*

Now I've got to watch the whole recorded chat too :lol:

Thanks for the recap, I could follow live just the final 5 minutes (I was framed at work, and suddendly got the idea of trying with the smartphone to connect to UStream -- and incredibly it worked -- just some transmission pauses).

Well if the hints are as such, I have the impression too that the Wonder Girls are betting all in with this record. Changing sound, branding the song with their trademark name, and what seemed promising to me was Mr. Kelly blending nicely with them.

Gotta watch the chat now, thanks again everybody.

Edit Yup, Lim is saying "Italy" at about 41:00 ^_^

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, yeah, I'm a bit confused by that line-up. SS501 are doing individual activities as of now, Rain has stated he will focus on his acting career until he enlists in the army- he's been low-key till now, I doubt he'd attend DC. There is no way JYJ will perform there with all those SM artists in the line-up. And YG artists are known to be no-shows~

Actually, RAIN said the opposite about his 2011 plans.

He wants to focus on music -- i.e. an album + possible world tour -- after spending the last few years focusing on films & TV; running J.Tune; & studying for his master's degree.

His quip about having a supposedly 40-year-old's body is a hint that he realizes he'll be too old for pop idolatry after his military service.

In fact, I think RAIN could be JYPE's biggest 2011 trump card in the domestic market after the company merger, if all goes well.

But, yeah, some of the other purported DC artistes are head-scratchers.

Another puzzle, according to Chinese fan reactions, is the idea of Big Bang going to China (on top of making a DC comeback) ....

- - - - - - - - - -

Back to WG: Jordin Sparks also showed her support earlier in the day by retweeting a WF message with the trending tag.

screenhunter07feb110642.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Wonder Bakery sequel, or revisiting the kitchen scene in the JYP Nation MV....

Jane tweeted new pics of the girls making chocolates (presumably for Valentine's Day?)

2AM Changmin replied in between her messages, something about having to eat cereal instead? (What's he doing up so early.)

9kugq.jpg

by3j.jpg

l5xej.jpg

Cr: JANEyjk

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

Wonder Girls celebrate their fourth anniversary on live videochat!

20110210wondergirlsfour.jpg

On February 10, 2007, a five member group debuted under the title Wonder Girls, snagging the hearts of the Korean public. Three years, five smash hits and over fifty official Korean music awards later, the girls have found themselves betwixt two critical markets: while a hit-laden career has launched them into becoming household name throughout Asia, they have also become fixated with reaching similar heights of fame in America.

In 2007, the ladies swept Korea by storm with their highly addictive track, Tell Me, which, with its catchy yet simple dance and addictive tune, arguably revolutionized kpop choreography for good. Later on, the quintet continued its widespread success with So Hot, earning titles as ‘Korea’s Little Sisters,’ then dominated Asia with the Nobody craze. Although the hype has died down in Korea since the track’s release, Nobody is still gaining attention internationally and is commonly played on the streets of many Asian countries today. While gearing up for their official American debut in 2010, the Wonder Girls also released 2 Different Tears, which, with only a few weeks of minimal promotions in Korea, won the Girls awards on music shows and charts.

Since arriving in the United States, the Girls have opened for the Jonas Brothers, Justin Bieber, Earth, Wind & Fire, cracked the Billboard charts twice, and have mix and mingled with America’s elite as guests to NYC Fashion Week and other prominent events. They’ve worked with Perez Hilton, appeared on the Wendy Williams Show and performed on So You Think You Can Dance. They have top-notch producers molding their official debut album set to drop later this year. Even in America, they get recognized and stopped on the streets for photos and autographs.

Yet the Girls have seemingly decided to stay close to their humble roots, opting for modest lifestyles in New York. Today marks the group’s fourth anniversary, and the Girls celebrated with a live video webchat with their fans from the JYPE office this morning. During this chat, Twitter fans showed their support as the term ‘4WonderYears‘ hit the Trending Topics list.

In true Wonder Girls fashion, the five foodaholics began by talking excitedly about dining around the city for Restaurant Week and baking special chocolates that morning in the spirit of Valentine’s Day. They also opened an anniversary gift from groups of Wonderfuls in New York and Korea. While reading one of the Korean fan letters, leader Sunye had to pause as she teared up.

The members reminisced about their Wonder Girls World Tour last summer, citing Chicago (Sunye), Hawaii (Lim), Washington DC (Yoobin), New York (Sohee) and Toronto (Yeeun) as their favorites. They also chatted about the JYP US Tour and performing in China over Halloween. The Girls talked about future performances, talking about their upcoming stage in Thailand and hinting at possible performances in Australia, Europe and Japan later this year.

The Wonder Girls also spent time answering questions and requests from their fans. At one point, they sang ‘Happy Birthday’ in Chinese to one fan, and Sunye sang Maybe (from the Dream High OST) live to fans. They shared their favorite numbers, favorite iPad apps, favorite types of chocolate, favorite movies, Lim’s entrance & adjustment into the group, and thoughts on living New York. ”It’s so good to walk on the streets here,” Sunye exclaimed and reminded, “Walking is really good for your health.”

The Girls also showed close, laidback relationships with the JYPE staff, playfully trying to get a few of them to come into the videochat.

On the subject of their album, Yeeun said, “We’re definitely working on [the album] and it’s going great, and some of the songs are already done recording … We’re very excited to release the songs.” Although they were reluctant to reveal any details about their upcoming songs, Sunye offered, “There will be our name in the song. It’s going to be really fun, addictive… yeah. I bet you’ll like it.“ Lim continued, “I would have to say is that it is very different than what we have done.”

cr: all kpop

“ Lim continued, “I would have to say is that it is very different than what we have done.

w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Found online a PowerPoint presentation of the 2011 Dream Concert for interested advertisers in China.

The docket title 终极韩流大型歌会冠名合作方案 (NXPowerLite) translates as 'Ultimate Hallyu megaconcert sponsorship scheme'. (NXPowerLite is a compression/presentation software tool.)

It has 36 digital pages; I posted the pair that featured WG below.

It detailed the proposed performers (some of which do sound improbable -- eg. SS501, Kara are still together? JYJ & SM artistes on the same bill?); an outline of media announcements for the concert; logo spaces for sale, etc.

I believe that Kara are still together. They've resumed activities in Japan and are planning on resuming Korean activities as well. So yeah. Anyway...back to Wonder Girls. I will be really awesome if they performed at the Dream Concert, but I agree with everyone that it seems a little skeptical...so yeah.

I only caught the last like 30 minutes...but it was still awesome! I can't wait for the new Album! And...Happy 4th Anniversary!! 4WonderYears. I'm so happy and proud!! :) Wonder Girls Hwaiting! ~Linda~

Sunmi will have long settled into university life now that WG album is pushed to April.

screenhunter03feb111642.jpg

Source: http://ent.msn.com.t...x?sn=1102100017

New school semester in March; Hyuna & others to become undergraduates

Korea Star Daily 2011-02-11

The new school semester is about to commence. Which celebrities are going to be college freshmen this year?

Actresses Ko Ah Seong & Lee Se Young, former WONDERGIRLS member Sunmi, 4Minute member Hyuna & other celebrities born in 1992 shall become college freshmen this March. Ko Ah Seong will study social sciences at Sungkyunkwan University. Lee Se Young has chosen media communications at Sungshin Women’s University & wants to focus on performing arts. Sunmi is going to Dongguk University. 4Minute's Hyuna is entering Konkuk University’s Faculty of Arts.

Hyuna, B2ST member Son Dongwoon, 'Secret Garden' actor Lee Jong Suk as well as [actress] Seo Woo are going to experience college life together at Konkuk University. Son Dongwoon who was accepted late left a message on Twitter: "Finally becoming an undergraduate after repeated applications. Thanks to everyone for their support. I will do my best." Fellow incoming freshman Lee Jong Suk will study at Konkuk's film school to learn more about acting. Seo Woo, who had once withdrew from Suwon Science University, has also successfully gained entry into Konkuk.

KARA's Goo Hara had graduated from high school last February before focusing on a show-business career. She is admitted by Sungshin Women’s University this year. [Actress] Ku Hye Sun, who had withdrawn from Seoul Institute of the Arts in 2003, is a 2011 freshman at Sungkyunkwan University. There are more older [celebrity] undergraduates this year than before. The oldest is arguably DJ DOC's Kim Chang Ryul. He did not complete his studies when younger, but has overcame his age & busy schedule to finally pass the college SAT & evaluation exams. He is entering Kyung Hee Cyber University's College of Cultural Arts Management. [TVDaily reporter Jin Minzheng]

Guest wonderr23

OMG!!! So i was right about the album being pushed to April!!!! :tears: I'm gonna go and sob for awhile. *sobs*

----

Wonder Girls on comeback album, US tour

By JONATHAN M. HICAP

February 11, 2011, 1:40pm

wg_8.jpg

The Wonder Girls during the live webchat. (Video grab by Manila Bulletin Entertainment)

The five members of girl group Wonder Girls held a live video webchat Thursday morning from New York City (10 p.m. in the Philippines) to update fans on their activities and also celebrate their fourth anniversary.

Thousands of fans from different countries including South Korea, Singapore, and Philippines joined the video chat and sent messages mostly congratulating the girls on their anniversary and asking them when the new album will come out.

Fans have been clamoring for a new album ever since the girls released “2 Different Tears” EP in May last year. The Wonder Girls were busy last year on their US and Canada Wonder World Tour concert.

During the live video chat, the girls politely declined to reveal the date of the album release but said it will be released before the midyear.

The girls said they are currently working on the album.

“It’s a big secret but we’re definitely working on it and it’s going great. Some of the songs are already done recording,” they said.

They added that “It’s different from what we have done. Hope you guys like it.”

The girls are currently working with American singer and songwriter Claude Kelly on their new album. Kelly has written songs for Britney Spears and Kelly Clarkson.

Kelly also greeted the Wonder Girls on their anniversary.

“Congrats to my awesome friends the Wonder Girls for 4 years of success,” Kelly posted on Twitter.

After releasing the new album, the girls will go on another concert tour and visit different countries including Japan in August.

Wonder Girls member Sohee thanked the fans for participating in the webchat.

“It was really meaningful and great time for us to have the live webchat today on our fourth anniversary,” she tweeted.

Source: http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/303741/wonder-girls-comeback-album-us-tour

I'm not shocked that the album release will be pushed to April or if its not to May, I kind knew that would happen b/c the girls just started recording for their new album not long ago and yesterday they said that they did not finish recording all the songs and top of that they have to learn new choreography's for their new songs and etc so it would be impossible for the album to be released by the end of this month or by March..I hope nobody gets me wrong but I really wish from now on they will stop announcing and tell us the certain day or month of their album release if they will keep changing it b/c it really started to be annoying

Guest korey89

I'm not shocked that the album release will be pushed to April or if its not to May, I kind knew that would happen b/c the girls just started recording for their new album not long ago and yesterday they said that they did not finish recording all the songs and top of that they have to learn new choreography's for their new songs and etc so it would be impossible for the album to be released by the end of this month or by March..I hope nobody gets me wrong but I really wish from now on they will stop announcing and tell us the certain day or month of their album release if they will keep changing it b/c it really started to be annoying

Yeah, I think majority of fans feel the same way, to be honest. It's been a long time now and JYPE always announcings dates they can't seem to keep. It's not exactly something the girls themselves can handle, which is why I'm trying to be really patient.

Part of me is glad they will be releasing the album in April and not within a month as planned. By all means, I think JYPE could have been capable of going on with their plans of their March release but that would mean overworking the girls (like it's been said before, they haven't finished recording and doing other stuff). Given more time can also lead to better results. I think the wait will definitely be worth it. =)

Guest ashenlo

Happy 4th Anniversary Wonder Girls and Happy 1st Anniversary Hye Lim!

this wonderful "jcsmark" uploaded a beautiful video for the girl's anniversary: please check it out and comment :-)

Guest jcsmark

OMG Wonderfuls!

reuploaded by me for sharing purposes, credits to hkleungkurt

Lim mentioned on Mnet Made in Wonder Girls that she did the opening performance for the 2006 World Cup match Korea vs. Togo in Victoria Park, Hong Kong before auditioning for JYPE. Lim did a good job considering she had to learn all the moves last minute and with no prior dance training at all. Wish there is a longer and clearer video of her performance!

^

Wow, where on earth did you unearth such a clip????? Even the WGHK board never mentioned it....

LIM's birthday is September 1, so that makes her still aged 13+ then.

Geez, JYP is right to say there is a lot of undiscovered substance in her.

If you don't mind, I have already posted your video on Twitter.

- - - - - - - - -

Catching up with the day's news...

China reports say the LiaoningTV CNY show which WG participated won the national ratings battle (9 competing TV stations) that night.

The rest of the article is about other related stuff & not so much about our girls so I won't translate it:

http://yule.sohu.com...279280649.shtml

FYI The state CCTV CNY show (2nd most-watched show in the world after the soccer World Cup, draws 5 times the Super Bowl viewership) dominates CNY Eve every year, so the majority of the regional TV stations would schedule their CNY shows in the preceding days.

- - - - - - - - -

Yoobin sponsor pic that is circulating among the various K-WFs boards.

I believe it is for the ASK ENQUIRED brand (one of the URLs was hyperlinked from http://www.ask4.co.kr ) but I could not find it at the site itself.

ec9ca0ebb988.jpg

Source: http://bbs3.telzone....o=T&pageIndex=2

- - - - - - - - -

WG (& the JYP Nation family) got a lot of free publicity in Korea today, thanks to the media writeups about Dalmation's impending comeback on Valentine's Day.

Go Day-Day go!

On the dark side, there are also a few news articles about a purported fledgling fan petition in Korea to kick out China-born Kpop artistes.

missA's JIA & FEI & f(x)'s Victoria were specifically targeted (how I wish the Korean media was more tactful by not publishing their photos).

What I gathered from fan translations: WG apparently also got dragged in albeit more indirectly, due to the Taiwan boycott of all things Korean after the taekwondo controversy last year.

Guest valentino_rossi46

In twitter some people mentioned the girls in Korea right now ?

They back for shooting new MV? Or record Korean song ???

Now I really feel the album will drop soon, in April, they wont push back anymore :)

Happy 4th Anniversary Wonder Girls and Happy 1st Anniversary Hye Lim!

this wonderful "jcsmark" uploaded a beautiful video for the girl's anniversary: please check it out and comment :-)

Hv just checked this clip, really nice XD. However, he should mentioned HyunA, cuz he wrote "Once a Wonder Girl, always a Wonder Girl" , so HyunA should be there, I know many people were not fans during HyunA days, however, she used to and forever a Wonder Girls, so in every anniversary, we should mention her :)

Guest jcsmark

^

Wow, where on earth did you unearth such a clip????? Even the WGHK board never mentioned it....

LIM's birthday is September 1, so that makes her still aged 13+ then.

Geez, JYP is right to say there is a lot of undiscovered substance in her.

If you don't mind, I have already posted your video on Twitter.

I was watching MIWG Ep.4 subbed and near the end Lim was showing Jane her pre-debut performance on her laptop. I was curious and randomly googled stuff. I found the video, however it is not the same as the one Lim was watching on her laptop. Lim's was a broadcasted recording of her performance, so there is a good chance that her full performance may be found online.

Hv just checked this clip, really nice XD. However, he should mentioned HyunA, cuz he wrote "Once a Wonder Girl, always a Wonder Girl" , so HyunA should be there, I know many people were not fans during HyunA days, however, she used to and forever a Wonder Girls, so in every anniversary, we should mention her

When I made the video I was debating whether to put HyunA's picture in it as well. "Once a Wonder Girl, always a Wonder Girl", to me HyunA will always be a Wonder Girl. I originally had a picture picked out for her but didn't include it. The reason why is because I asked some of my 4minute fans I knew and they were not comfortable with me putting her in WG's video. Thank you for watching my video! and also I'm a girl not a guy keke

Guest valentino_rossi46

^^ sorry girl :)

But I still think it's a little not fair to HyunA, she's in 4Minute now but she debut as a Wonder Girls too

Anyway, because the girls are in Korea now, can we expected they will cameo in Dream High ?

I think they will shoot new MV, and as Lim's expectation that all of the girls can have a chance to acting this year, I think our gorilla will understand and let them cameo in Dream High :)

2 'Dream High' OST tracks are dueling at a Cyworld Digital Music Awards poll. Is it for Song of the Month?

JYP's 'If' is holding off Sunye's 'Maybe' for now. The percentage swing has been pretty consistent: 52-53% vs. 47-48%.

The Flash-based scoreboard updates every few seconds or so. Here is a screengrab.

screenhunter02feb121744.jpg

Source: http://music.cyworld..._candi_list.asp

Wonder Girls 4th Anniversary Commemoration Events

238915042.jpg

On the 10th of February Wonder Girls celebrated their 4th Anniversary.

To celebrate their 4th Anniversary, Wonder Girls’ fan club WonderFul wanted to make it even more special for them. Hence, they made a donation of 1,212,000₩ (USD $1,078) to EunPyeong CheonSaWon (Angel’s Haven Orphanage) under the name of “Wonder Girls (Sunye, Yeeun, Sunmi, Sohee, Yubin, Hyelim)“. An orphanage which the Wonder Girls themselves have been to volunteer at before. A certificate has also been issued by the orphanage to recognize the donation made under the name of Wonder Girls.

Certificate.jpg

Donation Receipt

donation.jpg

Furthermore, about 600 postcards written by their fans was sent to the girls on their anniversary. Which was personally opened and read by the Wonder Girls on their live web chat held on the 10th of February in New York. Not forgetting Sunmi, a set of postcards will also be delivered to Sunmi separately.

postcards-510x197.jpg

Last but not least, a event by international WonderFuls to trend ‘4WonderYears’ on the Twitter’s trending topics prior to the live web chat on 10th of February was a success and it lasted for about 6 hours, throughout the entire web chat.

trending.png

credit image: @ll_borderline

This effort was also personally recognized by the Wonder Girls during the live web chat as well as their fellow colleagues who also congratulated the girls on twitter.

twitter-4wonderyears.jpg

Thank you to all the fans from other K-pop fan-clubs who also helped to trend ‘4WonderYears’ on twitter; our JYP Nation family’s Hottests, I AMs, Say A; Cassies, ELFs, VIPs, Shawols, SONEs, 4nias, BlackJacks and so many more!

cr. apple@WonderfulsWorld

------------

old videos, but i just saw these on YT...

cr. hyerimwoo@YT

Archived