Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest kdramafanusa

WOW! :w00t: That is so awesome, Helena! Love the description captures.. the CF info seem so detailed.. unlike I've seen before. :blush:

DC Inside has lots...lots of goodies (Daum Cafe too, but only registered members can have access), it is very addictive. :P

GBW DVD from Innoform (Singapore)

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.549993/qx/details.htm

Guest valley girl

Dc LBH just opened?? yay!!.. it's so Rare Senior actor has it's DC i hope Jung woo sung has too ,,

rubie it's more complete than baidu, because usually baidu took from DC..

usually all fans Gather it's celebrities picture here like snapshot fans, or fan art

congratulation for opened LBH DC ~ it means he has his place in youngster !!!

i will go to dc LBH

anyway caps from KBS

e1259090131sdtvx264600ptf9.jpg

cred dcinsung

Mike Edwards: You’re about to make your Hollywood debut, how do you feel about that?

I’ve actually had two Hollywood experiences, the first was I COME WITH THE RAIN, with Josh Hartnett, and the second is GI JOE. It’s been quite a good experience, although everything was so different. I’ve been working in Korea and I don’t want to lose my place. If I have the chance to work with Hollywood people again then why not, but I’m always going to be working in Korea.

ME: Did you get to hang out much with Dennis Quaid and Brendan Fraser?

Dennis Quaid had to shoot earlier than me, so we only met for one day of shooting and a couple of rehearsals and I never met Brendan Fraser!

ME: That sucks. But you get your own action figure though right?

Yeah, it’s coming out. It was really strange, I had it in my hand and although it was so tiny I could tell it was me! They’re so detailed.

ME: Aside from getting your own action figure, what were the main differences between making a movie in Korea and the US?

American productions are more rational than the Korean ones, they think time is really important because they don’t want to waste the money. You always gather at 6am! But not in Korea. They just decide right after a day’s shooting that, like, we’ll meet at 12 O’clock or something! And it’s less like a family in America, but maybe because it’s all still so unfamiliar to me. It all feels too logical, for example I had a couple of days to visit places and the studio guys just said ‘why don’t you just look over the contract again’! It sometimes make me feel like I’m not a human and that’s pretty bad. :mellow::( :(

Mike Edwards

Chief Film Critic obsessedwithfilm.com

G.I. Joe Movie Rise Of Cobra In-Package Action Figure Images

storm_figure.jpg

For a bigger image, click this ^^

Source: hisstank.com

Thanks to roger@bhjwlove.com

9th avenue related

But don't know what it says. :blink:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/rogerr1/euo.jpg

Were the handwritten messages(?) on the right, by BH and CJW? :unsure:

Anyone knows where BH is now.. LOL! it's rubie's fave question. :P

Since IRIS is going to start filming in March.. most probably and much-awaited.. maybe he'll stay on from Feb 28th, after the Japanese fan meet. But even with the filming-on-location (so anticipating more news & pics, obviously).. really hope to see BH & the GBW team at the AFA most especially. Btw.. Sung-ja and michikyou-san.. are you hunnies nearby Akita? :blush:

Lee Byung Hun and Sienna Miller in G.I. Joe

February 6, 2009: News Bites

By APA Staff

leegijoe.jpg

Lee Byung Hun helps raise the cobra, Dev Patel joins M. Night's cast, and Charlyne Yi has a great script about love. All this and more in the latest edition of News Bites.

Lee Byung Hun's Hollywood debut

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra, the movie adaptation based on the action figures produced by Hasbro, features big names such as Dennis Quaid, Channing Tatum, Sienna Miller and Marlon Wayans. It will also star South Korean actor Lee Byung Hun, who was recently nominated for the Asian Film Awards best supporting actor award for his performance in The Good, the Bad, the Weird. G.I. Joe will mark his American film debut, as he plays the part of Storm Shadow, an ex-G.I. Joe Team member turned Cobra. Fans will be able to see him swinging plenty of swords and practicing martial arts on August 7th, 2009 in the U.S. --Megan Chun

Source: asiaarts.ucla.edu

Februari 8, 2009

This is about BH & Rubeurs' new homepage, just so warmly surprised to see it mentioned in Malaysia's major Malay weekender pull-out, in the Bintang Asia (Asian Stars) section.

Byung Heon lancar laman web Byung Heon launches website

BARU-BARU ini Lee Byung Heon melancarkan perubahan laman webnya secara rasmi. Peminat Byung Heon dapat berhubung secara terus kepadanya melalui ruangan luahan peminat yang terdapat di laman web ini. [Recently, Lee Byung Heon officially launched his new & revamped website. Fans of LBH could now communicate directly with the actor through the message function at the website.]

Byung Heon menjamin bahawa peminat seluruh dunia dapat mengakses laman web ini untuk mendapatkan maklumat terkini tentang perkembangannya. [With the new website, BH hopes his fans from all of the world would be able to access info of his latest updates.]

Sebelum ini, laman web Byung Heon sudah pun wujud tetapi belum dikemas kini. Selepas memperbaiki laman web tersebut, Byung Heon berharap peminatnya berpuas hati. [Prior to this, there was already a LBH official website but was not updated. With the improvement made, BH truly hopes that his fans will be happy and satisfied.]

Source: utusan.com.my

More gist on this article would be lovely! :blush:

장근석 “닮고싶은 배우 이병헌, 눈빛 카리스마 멋져”

Jang Geun Suk: I wanted to be an actor like Lee Byung Hun, with charisma & great eyes"

뉴스엔 기사전송 2009-02-07 08:01

20090207jgs_lbh.jpg

박선지 sunsia@newsen.com

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com via news.empas.com

-- I believe it's more than once that young actor JGS (HwangJini, Baby & Me, Beethoven Virus) mentioned LBH as his fave actor/idol to emulate.

Hope someone can share simple gist on this (or more).. what actor Im Chang Jung said about BH, his closest buddy. Seems like a really great sharing.. especially learning from his own friends about Byunghun-ssi.

Please.. anyone.. help..

임창정 “한때 이병헌과 동거..심하게 싸운 적도 있다”

뉴스엔 기사전송 2009-02-08 11:32

20090207icj_lbh3.JPG

[뉴스엔 박세연 기자]

가수 겸 배우 임창정이 배우 이병헌과 심하게 싸운 에피소드를 공개했다.

임창정은 7일 방송된 MBC ''명랑히어로'' ''명랑한 회고전''에 주인공으로 출연해 이병헌과 과거 동거했던 남다른 친분과 인연을 소개했다.

임창정은 "이병헌과 과거 친해지게 된 뒤 영화에도 같이 출연하자고 했었다"며 과거 이병헌과의 에피소드를 하나씩 풀어놨다. 이병헌의 집에 다짜고짜 눌러앉아 동거를 했던 임창정은 "일 나가는 이병헌을 따라간 적도 있었는데 그럴 때면 나를 (이병헌)매니저로 착각한 사람도 있었다"고 말문을 열었다.

임창정은 "신문지를 둘둘 말아 이병헌에게 과도하게 접근하는 팬들을 차단하고 있었다"고 밝히며 당시 ''해뜰날''에 출연 중이던 자신을 알아본 한 팬이 "''이 오빠도 연예인이야!''라고 소리치더라"고 밝혔다.

한편 임창정은 이병헌과 동거를 시작하게 된 계기를 묻는 질문에 "(이병헌의 집에)그냥 무작정 눌러앉아 있었다. 나가라는 얘기는 안하고 헛기침만 하더라"고 말해 웃음을 자아냈다.

임창정은 또 이병헌과 주먹다짐 가까이 심하게 다툰 에피소드를 공개했다. 임창정은 "술 한잔 먹고 옛날 얘기를 하다가 섭섭했던 것에 대해 얘기하던 중 친구들보고 다 나가라고 하더니 나를 어떻게 했다(?)"고 너스레를 떨며 "그래서 함께 달려들어 멱살잡고 싸웠다"고 조심스럽게 말을 이었다.

임창정은 이어 "당시 울면서 집을 나와 내가 1년간 안보고 지내다 1년 후 전화를 해 ''진짜로 안보고 살 거냐... ''며 다시 사이를 회복했다"며 "한번 싸우고 나니 더 돈독해지는 게 생기더라. 더 의지하게 되고 더 형 같고..."라고 말해 흐뭇한 미소를 짓게 했다.

Source: 박세연 psyon@newsen.com via news.empas.com

Hope someone can share simple gist on this (or more).. what actor Im Chang Jung said about BH, his closest buddy. Seems like a really great sharing.. especially learning from his own friends about Byunghun-ssi.

Please.. anyone.. help..

임창정 “한때 이병헌과 동거..심하게 싸운 적도 있다”

뉴스엔 기사전송 2009-02-08 11:32

http://usera.ImageCave.com/rubhie/20090207icj_lbh3.JPG

[뉴스엔 박세연 기자]

Source: 박세연 psyon@newsen.com via news.empas.com

This is what I read from sina.com

In a MBC programme on 7 Feb, Im Chang Jung Feb said that he had once sever links with Lee Byung Hun for one year.

ICJ and LBH are good friends that had once stayed under the same roof, their friendship was unveiled when LBH attended ICJ's son's first birthday party. However, their friendship was once put on test after a drinking session.

According to ICJ, he and LBH did not contact each other for a year and the reason behind it was that there was a conflict during a drinking sesson. He said LBH who was a bit tipsy during one drink session told everyone "All of you get out" and the sesson ended in an unpleasant atmostphere. ICJ who was also there, felt hurt and did not contact LBH for almost one year.

As in how the contradictory was resolved, ICJ said that it was him who took the initiative to call LBH to said " Hiong, I need a famous big brother" and with such humor, the contradiction between the two was resolved.

This is what I read from sina.com

In a MBC programme on 7 Feb, Im Chang Jung Feb said that he had once sever links with Lee Byung Hun for one year. ICJ and LBH are good friends that had once stayed under the same roof, their friendship was unveiled when LBH attended ICJ's son's first birthday party. However, their friendship was once put on test after a drinking session.

According to ICJ, he and LBH did not contact each other for a year and the reason behind it was that there was a conflict during a drinking sesson. He said LBH who was a bit tipsy during one drink session told everyone "All of you get out" and the sesson ended in an unpleasant atmostphere. ICJ who was also there, felt hurt and did not contact LBH for almost one year.

As in how the contradictory was resolved, ICJ said that it was him who took the initiative to call LBH to said " Hiong, I need a famous big brother" and with such humor, the contradiction between the two was resolved.

Wow, this is so unexpected but guys will be guys, huh. ^^ The 'silent fight' was probably before 2000 (any idea?).. just a normal thing that just got out a bit, but must say that ICJ really knows how to break the ice with BH. :lol: It's cool that he took the first initiative to contact his hyung.. BH probably did not remember what happened in the drinking session that made ICJ stopped talking to him. :sweatingbullets:

Even though we often say that their friendship is really close over the years.. they're simply normal guys with weaknesses.. of course. Like everyone else.. though the relationship got tested by a misunderstanding, it truly stood its ground.. even after a year, not talking.

An awesome sharing, ylin.. I'm glad they're back as friends.. even closer than ever. I thought it's already well known how BH attended ICJ's wedding, movie premieres.. as well as the funeral service for ICJ's mom while he had supported BH's BSL and GBW premieres.. just to state a few.

Uhh.. oh.. wait.. could it be the 'conflict' broke out after that (secretly-taped) show years ago which had tricked BH into thinking that some guys were harrassing and going to beat ICJ.. the same one that had BH standing up for his friend. I remember reading from somewhere.. BH said that he never saw ICJ for awhile after that.. as he had hid himself from BH & did not contact him again. My personal observation.. BH was pretty upset with the whole incident when he knew that it was all a ploy.. (going by it.. who wouldn't?).. and he was drinking at the particular moment.

If this was the reason for the contradiction.. by all means.. ICJ should be the one making the move to break the silence between them. ;)

An absolutely absolute blurr.. this rubie. Very soon.. she will be under tonnes of bricks for being so blurr bricks.gif

I had a phone-call today from our Omma Butterfly.. seems that there is a MEN'S UNO the Malaysian version.. and our BH on the cover.. just like the HK version. the blue mismatch. :P

And soon after that a soompi friend PMed me the same message and a Japanese angel also emailed me saying that BH specifically said he had interviews with the Men's Uno of China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Malaysia!!! What... it's already here! WAHHHHH! :w00t: I totally did not realize it at all.. still pouting & complaining that we have no Men's Uno. *now rubie runs from all snowballs!

Ching.. watch out for it, too. Hope we can get ourselves a copy and share the interview.. huh.. huh.. :rolleyes: :blush:

OOOOOPS! I see OMMA LS at the thread! :w00t: Waves to LS! So good to see you here!

And I just saw kdramafanusa / Helena's post about GBW DVD by innoform, Singapore.. it's not quite the official DVD right? :unsure:

An absolutely absolute blurr.. this rubie. Very soon.. she will be under tonnes of bricks for being so blurr bricks.gif

I had a phone-call today from our Omma Butterfly.. seems that there is a MEN'S UNO the Malaysian version.. and our BH on the cover.. just like the HK version. the blue mismatch. :P

And soon after that a soompi friend PMed me the same message and a Japanese angel also emailed me saying that BH specifically said he had interviews with the Men's Uno of China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Malaysia!!! What... it's already here! WAHHHHH! :w00t: I totally did not realize it at all.. still pouting & complaining that we have no Men's Uno. *now rubie runs from all snowballs!

Ching.. watch out for it, too. Hope we can get ourselves a copy and share the interview.. huh.. huh.. :rolleyes: :blush:

OOOOOPS! I see OMMA LS at the thread! :w00t: Waves to LS! So good to see you here!

And I just saw kdramafanusa / Helena's post about GBW DVD by innoform, Singapore.. it's not quite the official DVD right? :unsure:

rubie, I am not sure I can get Men's Uno in Sitiawan. But I will be looking out for it. :P

Thanks to Helena / kdramafanusa for the translation at IRIS-soompi.com, original article at sports.hankooki.com

February 9, 2009

가슴앓이 끝 이병헌 "촬영날만 기다려"

'아이리스' PD 확정에 활짝

이현아 기자 lalala@sportshankook.co.kr

byunghun_02.jpg

Lee Byung-Hun's waiting eagerly for filming day to arrive

'IRIS' PD confirmed

Actor Lee Byung-Hun expressed his happiness about the team being confirmed for TV drama <IRIS> (script by Choi Wan-Gyu; PDs Kim Kyu-Tae, Yang Yoon-Ho).

Kim Kyu-Tae, the confirmed PD of this drama, spoke to Sports Hankook on the 8th. He said that he and Lee Byung-Hun held their 1st meeting on the 7th. Lee and others are looking forward to the filming....

<IRIS>, with its 20 billion Won investment, is a huge drama which encountered some setbacks as a result of not having a confirmed PD.

<IRIS> was originally led by <I'm Sorry I Love You>'s PD Lee Hyung-Min, but he dropped out. <Beethoven Virus>'s PD Lee Jae-Gyu turned down the offer. Lee Byung-Hun's been following the series of events with anxiousness.

On the 6th, the drama's production company Taewon Entertainment announced the final director(s) - PD Kim Kyu-Tae of TV dramas such as <A Love To Kill>. It's true that there is burden on his part since he'll be directing a spy (a genre rarely tried in Korean dramas) drama with a huge investment of 20 billion Won. He will give his best (capacity) as a director for everyone to see. The production team expressed their intention to produce a good work.

IRIS team will head to Japan around March 25 for their 1st shooting overseas. Lee Byung-Hun, Kim Tae-Hee, Big Bang's TOP (Choi Seung-Hyun), and others will begin filming in Japan.

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Quick news.

Today (Feb. 9) the governor of Akita prefecture in Japan officially announced the location plan of Korean drama IRIS in his general press conference. The IRIS will be aired in 16 countries including Japan and KBS is the broadcaster in Korea.

The location will be start the middle of March and will take about 3 weeks. :w00t: The proposed cities are Senboku, Oga and Kita-Akita so far upon the request by producers where they can take the snow scenes.

They are also suggesting the drift ice ice corted trees scene of Ani area and Akita domestic railway which runs through the prefecture.

The scene of Akita will be more than 60 minutes of the whole drama.

About 80 staff members will stay in Akita for the shooting.

Akita prefecture is expecting 200 Million JPY of economic effect.

The supporting committee of the Akita location has been already established since January and they will start looking for members who will be the financial sponsors mainly from local companies and organizations from tomorrow till the end of March.

The committee has a plan to have the welcoming reception where the casts and staff will join and also the public shooting for those sponsors.

The part of the scene where the escaped chief agent of the national security service–LBH- hides out in the city of Akita will be shot.

The governor also named out of both LBH and KTH introducing as the very famous actor and actress- commented that especially LBH was very popular in Japan so that it would be very good opportunity for the prefecture.

He himself does not watch Korean dramas very often but occasionally joins his wife when she watches them.

Sorry this is just a quick note. I will work more tomorrow.

I just copy many addresses here for the day. (Japanese only)

http://www.sakigake.jp/p/akita/topics.jsp?kc=20090209h

http://www.akita-abs.co.jp/realtime_akita/...ws8611276.html# (VOD)

http://www.47news.jp/CN/200902/CN2009020901000721.html

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/fl...0090209098.html

http://akitapref.exblog.jp/10838094/ Blog by prefectural staff members

http://www.pref.akita.lg.jp/www/contents/1...les/tirashi.pdf

P.S.

I called the committee to get more information for the first thing in the morning but the lines has been busy already and have not contacted them yet.

You can imagine how the response is big. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

But the detailed schedule and the shooting place will not be open to the public. :tears::tears::tears:

Guest kdramafanusa

It's the official version, Innoform bought the rights to distribute the movie in Singapore (it's like PMP in Malaysia).

official site: http://www.innoform.com.sg/productDetails....PRODUCTS_ID=430

Innoform DVD sets are not widely available at online stores with international shipping though.

I don't know how much GBW DVD goes for in Singapore, but I found HKFlix's pricing for this particular title very high (it's almost the same price as other Korean version).

^ That is awesome news Helena! So.. the GBW DVD is finally here.. I know many are already asking about the DVD, in Malaysia and elsewhere. Definitely will look out for the set at the stores later.. :lol: And will certainly share the info at the blog, too.. Merci beaucoup! :wub:

Thanks so much Sung-ja for the quick news on IRIS.. we're so lucky to have you sharing with us about the latest development. Things are really building up momemtum in Akita especially. With LBH as the leading actor.. everyone is very excited indeed.. hope it's alright that I've posted the info to share at the IRIS thread, too. Things are definitely moving along.

From the date, looks like IRIS will start filming after the AFA in Hong Kong (about 2 days later).. so, we can be almost sure that Byunghun-ssi & the GBW team will be attending the awards. :w00t:

ps: rubie is a bit under the weather since yesterday :tears: (my head is heavy as the falling bricks but still miss my Hunnie like crazy, obviously) .. may not post till much, much later. But will have some PMs to reply.. to get something out of my head & chest.. like literally *oops* :sweatingbullets: So, in the meantime.. please keep on posting & talking about Byunghun-ssi! :blush:

Guest stupidwisdom2

just wanted to pop in and say I was watching the online podcast called "The Totally Rad show" and they started talking about GI Joe. They basically said they were very nervous about how good the movie would be, one of the host said the secret weapon was our own LBH!

check it out @ http://revision3.com/trs/

the part about LBH starts at around 37:40 (its a very brief mention :) )