Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

So this means that LBH & SHK were together when they congratulated the groom? It looks like BH brought her over to the wedding... :unsure:

Sorry, can't get over it yet.. :blush:

Sis, we really cannot be sure of anything just based on the very rough gist & pics posted by Korean media speculation highlight (at best). While it appears that both did arrive at almost the same time.. it's still pure coincidence for now. Whether it's their first 'public' appearance at the same place, same time, same function.. well, who really knows.. as they do have the connection of being Artist View clients.. for quite awhile.

Of course, what happens inside the premises of the church where the wedding was held.. it's still unsure for certain since the ceremony was a really private one. None of the media were allowed inside.. that's why there have been no pics of the bride & groom as well as their guests and families. Unless the media has had a 'mole' from the inside or even some tidbits provided by the celebs' aides.. then.. the press are just like us fans.. assuming that everything went well, right?

Btw.. thanks to a special sharing.. BH actually stayed on about an hour at the ceremony before being the first to leave.. not just 10 minutes or less. So, it wasn't a hasty exit at all.

Guest ellabel

Great observation there about hanging on to the coat; always enjoy your vivid description of him from top to bottom ;)

Eventhough he only appears for a short while, he definitely created a storm, think he was the most photographered celebrities on that day!

Love to hear how Ellabel would describe his hairstyle :)

LOL..... janie-hunnie, u know me already by now, huh?..... :lol:

You know i will notice BH's hairstyle first and foremost. :lol:

Well, I'm also not crazy with the new hair-do of Hunnie. It's too long and too wavy for me. :wacko: Just like cynthia and rubie, I wud love to see him in another hairstyle but WTH!!!... he always compensate it with his impeccable suit and charm. He still looks dashing and dapper regardless..... what can i say?... love is blind and bald????!!! LOL

I think his hair color is a warm brown or even brandy-ish like wine.

Hope he gets a haircut soon. :rolleyes:

So, this he just went in and out? Maybe he had another pressing appointment but becoz he promised to come so he did even just to quickly greet the bride and groom. He's carrying the coat so he wont forget it and i guess it's really very cold in Seoul right now so anybody should always be ready with their coat anytime, anywhere.

[b]rubie sis, i din see CP..... is he not with BH? Who's that girl in a pink beanie? Lucky her! *envious*

rubie dear, thanks so much for sharing so many photos of our BH. ;)

i woke up at 3 am our time to see the updates & photos, but i dint know that it was maintenance time so i wasnt able to see earlier, & besides i was half asleep to understand what i was reading. :lol:

Byunghun is just so dashing.. i am amazed coz he never ceases to attend the important events of the people close to him.

Despite his busy sked and his stature in the biz, BH still remains to be "reachable" and accommodating to his old friends. I think he is somebody who cherishes friendships and value family a lot. He's such a sweet and caring person.

Please let me know any other important dates to remember / edit

- we'll start our own BH journal for us to refer

EverythingLBH January 2009 schedule

January (dates unknown)

Discovery Channel's SEOUL SAVVY airs in Australia & New Zealand -- KIV / any updates??

January 11

Byunghun-ssi at the wedding of PD Yoon Seok Ho -- he came! :w00t:

January 14

LBH in Tokyo Dome 2006 DVD & LBH Arena Tour 2007 DVD release

January 25

Byunghun in Park Joong Hoon's Talk Show on KBS2 -- cannot wait!

This is such a good idea, rubie hunnie. *thumbs-up*

Keeps all the Hunnies especially the always busy and clueless me updated. Thanks, rubes.

Really??!! :o People are still curious about BH and HK? I din know it's still an issue. :unsure:

Is this their first meeting or being in the same sphere since the break-up? Hmmm..... I dont think so.

I think it's been ages and a lot of things happened so I'm sure they've moved on already. It's amusing that ppl will still speculate what can very well be just a normal coincidence. Well, I guess fans can always dream. Anyway, it's for free. ;)

So, this he just went in and out? Maybe he had another pressing appointment but becoz he promised to come so he did even just to quickly greet the bride and groom. He's carrying the coat so he wont forget it and i guess it's really very cold in Seoul right now so anybody should always be ready with their coat anytime, anywhere.

rubie sis, i din see CP..... is he not with BH? Who's that girl in a pink beanie? Lucky her! *envious*

It looked as if he just went in and then came out.. but it's not really that quick. Just that the media and fans were still waiting when he left (albeit much earlier than the other guests, obviously).. that's why we see lots of his pics too.. before and after.

I believe the girl with the pink beanie is one of the reporters for Korean tv news. From the clips, she rushed to every celebrity arriving at the ceremony with her mike ready to go. :sweatingbullets: Some really stopped to answer questions and posed for the camera (SSH, SYJ, Kwon Hae Hyo, Seo Do Young).. but despite her efforts.. she didn't get to ask BH anything.. he totally declined every attempt, not even stopping for pics. But he did wave to the fans, of course. :wub:

I think CP is probably exhausted with flying all over the world/US with BH, our Hunnie is just working non-stop.. *gotta give him a break, too* :lol: These days.. for local functions, BH comes with his new manager. Heard that the previously more familiar manager, Mr. Son is now promoted at BH Ent.

Waiting for the day.. BH cuts his hair.. :D .. for IRIS.. pleasepleaseplease..

Hi,

For LBH's appearance on 25 Jan on Park Jung Hoon's show, I think it would be broadcast on KBS World on Asia

Tue 11:25am / Europe Tue 04:25 (check KBS World schedule by your time zone), provided no changes bec of lunar new year.

I dont have KBS World but usually its programs have Eng subs.

Thanks very much for the cool update, Huang. As zashi mentioned earlier.. if it's on KBS/KBS World.. more non-Korean fans can actually watch the show, too. Hoping for some updates/fan-sharing on this later. Unfortunately for me.. KBS is just like the Discovery Channel.. only provided by cable/paid tv. Sobs!

Is it easy to register on KBS? I came across many Korean drama fans watching KBS streaming all the time.. but this blurr soul never actually stopped to join anything.. till.. it's related to her Hunnie.. of course. :blush: :sweatingbullets:

ff-movies.png

3 Stars out of 5

The Good the Bad and the Weird

22nd Dec 09:46

A tale of adventure set in the 1930s Manchurian desert where lawlessness rules.

2Y1O0361.jpg

Three Korean men fatefully meet each other on a train. Do-Won (Jung Woo-sung) is a bounty hunter who tracks down dangerous criminals. Chang- yi (Lee Byung-hun) is the leader of a group of tough-as-nails bandits.

Tae-goo (Song Kang-ho) is a train robber with nine lives. The three strangers engage in a chase across Manchuria to take possession of a map Tae-goo discovers while robbing the train. Also on the hunt for the mysterious map are the Japanese army and Asian bandits.

IL7Q1666.jpg

In this unpredictable, escalating battle for the map, who will stand as the winner in the end? Directed by, Kim Jee-Woon (A Bittersweet Life), The Good, The Bad, The Weird was a smash-hit box office sensation in South Korea, with over 7 million cinema admissions.

Starring: Jung Woo-sung, Lee Byung-hun, Song Kang-ho

Source: femalefirst.co.uk, captures from GBW-cafe.daum

January 14, 2009

Stars and fans descend on southern Seoul cathedral as Yoon weds

13212312.jpg

Producer Yoon Seok-ho

The stars were out in droves for producer Yoon Seok-ho's wedding last Sunday.

The cathedral in Nonhyeon-dong, southern Seoul, where the wedding was held, was packed with stars who came to congratulate Yoon, 52, who tied the knot with Han Hye-soo, 39, a hanbok designer.

Yoon has produced many popular TV dramas, including “Winter Sonata,” “Autumn Story” and “Summer Scent.” Yoon joined KBS in 1985 and is currently managing his own drama company, Yoon’s Color.

200901111853481118_1.jpg

200901111647291010_1.jpg

Some 200 fans from all over Asia - mostly from Japan - showed up at the wedding venue for a glimpse of their favorite stars, including actors Lee Byung-hun and Song Seung-hean and actresses Son Ye-jin and Song Hye-kyo.

Unfortunately, Bae Yong-joon from Winter Sonata and Won Bin from Autumn Story couldn’t attend the wedding due to other engagements.

Source: Inside JoongAng Daily, captures from empas.com

Guest cynthia05

It looked as if he just went in and then came out.. but it's not really that quick. Just that the media and fans were still waiting when he left (albeit much earlier than the other guests, obviously).. that's why we see lots of his pics too.. before and after.

I believe the girl with the pink beanie is one of the reporters for Korean tv news. From the clips, she rushed to every celebrity arriving at the ceremony with her mike ready to go. :sweatingbullets: Some really stopped to answer questions and posed for the camera (SSH, SYJ, Kwon Hae Hyo, Seo Do Young).. but despite her efforts.. she didn't get to ask BH anything.. he totally declined every attempt, not even stopping for pics. But he did wave to the fans, of course. :wub:

I think CP is probably exhausted with flying all over the world/US with BH, our Hunnie is just working non-stop.. *gotta give him a break, too* :lol: These days.. for local functions, BH comes with his new manager. Heard that the previously more familiar manager, Mr. Son is now promoted at BH Ent.

Waiting for the day.. BH cuts his hair.. :D .. for IRIS.. pleasepleaseplease..

The pink beanie girl is indeed a reporter with one of the TV stations...she will literally rush to and grab every star she spots (personally witnessed that in Busan)....but haha was gently brushed away by our Hunnie!

Nowadays, CP only accompanies him on overseas trips or some important functions which he wants him to. The "guy" always beside Hunnie is his new PA cum driver (not really manager) and Mr Son has more important duties to attend to.

Yes yes can't wait for the new hairstyle to come along. The day u see it will be when Iris is ready to start filming. Oh no, we will still see him in that hairstyle in the talkshow and Berlin Film Festival??

The pink beanie girl is indeed a reporter with one of the TV stations...she will literally rush to and grab every star she spots (personally witnessed that in Busan)....but haha was gently brushed away by our Hunnie!

Indeed! :lol: BH actually held her arm as he walked briskly past the pink beanie girl (that's why she's so lucky as Ella noticed).. sort of preventing her from pushing forward (in her rush & grabbing mode ^^). And totally agree that BH simply brushed her off very nicely.. he's always so gentle.. even when excited fans actually threw him bouquets of flowers at the Blue Dragon red carpet last year, he stopped.. turned around to pick it up without missing a beat.

Nowadays, CP only accompanies him on overseas trips or some important functions which he wants him to. The "guy" always beside Hunnie is his new PA cum driver (not really manager) and Mr Son has more important duties to attend to.

Thanks Cynthia for the info update.. so, it's not really his new manager but the guy has indeed been beside BH almost at every occassion recently (sometimes.. I think BH looks a bit serious with him). What happened to the usual PA.. the one who's supposed to be BH's cousin.. apart from CP?

Yes yes can't wait for the new hairstyle to come along. The day u see it will be when Iris is ready to start filming. Oh no, we will still see him in that hairstyle in the talkshow and Berlin Film Festival??

Oh please.. no no no no2.gif .. maybe.. he will appear differently.. since it's another set of event. Berlinale is like Cannes.. so, it's more formal with tux and everything.. :blush:

Guest cynthia05

Indeed! :lol: BH actually held her arm as he walked briskly past the pink beanie girl (that's why she's so lucky as Ella noticed).. sort of preventing her from pushing forward (in her rush & grabbing mode ^^). And totally agree that BH simply brushed her off very nicely.. he's always so gentle.. even when excited fans actually threw him bouquets of flowers at the Blue Dragon red carpet last year, he stopped.. turned around to pick it up without missing a beat.

Thanks Cynthia for the info update.. so, it's not really his new manager but the guy has indeed been beside BH almost at every occassion recently (sometimes.. I think BH looks a bit serious with him). What happened to the usual PA.. the one who's supposed to be BH's cousin.. apart from CP?

Oh please.. no no no no2.gif .. maybe.. he will appear differently.. since it's another set of event. Berlinale is like Cannes.. so, it's more formal with tux and everything.. :blush:

Sometimes, I think he is over-protective of BH (Hunnie doesn't need a bodyguard...so to speak!)....You mean Mr Kim, the plump guy? Is he the cousin??? And CP.....is not really his cousin!

Sometimes, I think he is over-protective of BH (Hunnie doesn't need a bodyguard...so to speak!)....You mean Mr Kim, the plump guy? Is he the cousin??? And CP.....is not really his cousin!

Yup.. the new guy appears a bit more protective of BH (particularly at KSW's wedding).. or maybe I'm just used to Mr. Son instead, who's like a friend to BH (the Screen Quota protest rally). The plump guy.. his name Mr. Kim? Yupyup.. the one with BH in the KBS documentary when they were gardening.. right? :rolleyes: Is he still around.. during Once in a Summer's filming.. he was like BH's shadow. :lol:

Uhh.. CP.. really not his cousin? :huh: WhOops.. then.. who is? (But he was with the family during that prayer time, etc)..

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

Hello hunnies,

Thank you for all nice pics and posts you worked so hard. :w00t:

I am busy catching up with them. :sweatingbullets:

Indeed BH is the best dresser and he understands how to dress following TPO. Especially the groom PD Yoon is senior so it was the good choice BH wears tie. As everyone says, his hair is too red and his pants are too short.

But overall I give him a passing mark! :wub: Hehehe

It’s too bad there is no picture of CJW. She also knows what to wear for the special occasion very well.

I don’t know how come she did not appear to the press. :huh:

SHK maybe had the reason why she had to rush into the building passing media and fans.

I believe this is the first appearance to the same public occasion with BH since their breakup. :sweatingbullets:

At Cannes, BH arrived as soon as HK left despite the speculation by media. At PIFF they were staying at the same sponsored hotel at the same time but they never joined the same event.

So they overcame the first step carefuly and safely, although I don’t know how they acted inside during his 1.5 hour stay. :unsure:

The new domestic manager-driver is Mr. Yoo who is a newcomer since last June. He replaced the young Mr. Baik who was BH’s relative or cousin as rubie says? ( I have heard he left BH ent. )

Thanks very much for the cool update, Huang. As zashi mentioned earlier.. if it's on KBS/KBS World.. more non-Korean fans can actually watch the show, too. Hoping for some updates/fan-sharing on this later. Unfortunately for me.. KBS is just like the Discovery Channel.. only provided by cable/paid tv. Sobs!

Is it easy to register on KBS? I came across many Korean drama fans watching KBS streaming all the time.. but this blurr soul never actually stopped to join anything.. till.. it's related to her Hunnie.. of course. :blush: :sweatingbullets:

I registered KBS web before and it was not difficult at all.

But I am too lazy to log in, forgetting passwords etc. as always.

Maybe you could try this address. I can watch the TV just clicking the channel. If you cannot, I will find out how to register somewhere.

http://able.kbs.co.kr/live/

Indeed BH is the best dresser and he understands how to dress following TPO. Especially the groom PD Yoon is senior so it was the good choice BH wears tie. As everyone says, his hair is too red and his pants are too short.

But overall I give him a passing mark! :wub: Hehehe

It’s too bad there is no picture of CJW. She also knows what to wear for the special occasion very well.

I don’t know how come she did not appear to the press. :huh:

SHK maybe had the reason why she had to rush into the building passing media and fans.

I believe this is the first appearance to the same public occasion with BH since their breakup. :sweatingbullets:

At Cannes, BH arrived as soon as HK left despite the speculation by media. At PIFF they were staying at the same sponsored hotel at the same time but they never joined the same event.

So they overcame the first step safely, although I don’t know how they acted inside during his 1.5 hour stay. :unsure:

So good to read your post, Sung-ja.. I learnt a lot from you as well as Cynthia.. awesome sharing about BH! :wub:

Despite the wavy reddish/warm brown hairstyle or his attire (which is nothing wrong).. his always charming, professional and smart appearance, he passed with flying colours indeed! :D Totally agree that wearing a tie for PD Yoon's wedding is indeed a very appropriate thing to do (that is great observation, Sung-ja)..

From the latest update that just came out.. there were really a number of fans (+ media) coming to Seoul to catch a glimpse of the stars at the wedding. Probably a reason why some celebs choose a different approach/had cold feet instead.

Interesting tidbit, huh.. the Cannes rumor was just something that happened coincidently.. yet, the media were too quick to speculate.. BH was not travelling by his own means, he had to depend on Paramount's consideration.. and just because they're both there.. he really could not have met/crossed paths with SHK.. even if they wanted to.

However, at PIFF.. staying at the same hotel.. they could have met (big 'maybe' here) as Mr. Song was there as well..

But yeah.. so far, no one knows what really happened at the wedding.. behind the walls.. it's not exactly a huge gathering but really just close acquaintances of the bride & groom.. so, hope for the best between them.

Seriously.. it's already 5 years along the way. Avoiding each other no longer works.. could they even do it anymore.. especially now being managed by the same agency.

The new domestic manager-driver is Mr. Yoo who is a newcomer since last June. He replaced the young Mr. Baik who was BH’s relative or cousin as rubie says? ( I have heard he left BH ent. )

Mr. Baik.. the same as Mr. Kim as Cynthia mentioned? :unsure: Maybe he has a better offer outside BH Entertainment.. we had thought he's the cousin or at least a relative to BH (he's always at hand when BH needed anything).. someone who lives with his family. :unsure:

I registered KBS web before and it was not difficult at all.

But I am too lazy to log in, forgetting passwords etc. as always.

Maybe you could try this address. I can watch the TV just clicking the channel. If you cannot, I will find out how to register somewhere.

http://able.kbs.co.kr/live/

Thanks so much for the info, Sung-ja.. will definitely sit down and check this out. Definitely don't want to miss the talkshow when it airs.. if possible.

Speaking of which.. the Park Joong Hoon Show is once again under criticism by the media. Despite PJH as the anchor and the concept of inviting famous stars.. somehow.. the show isn't breathing fire but catching cold reviews instead. :mellow:

Hopefully BH's appearance in the show will help something.. in some way. Just hope that he doesn't surprise the fans too much too soon or are we ready for it.. :sweatingbullets:

Guest cynthia05

So good to read your post, Sung-ja.. I learnt a lot from you as well as Cynthia.. awesome sharing about BH! :wub:

Despite the wavy reddish/warm brown hairstyle or his attire (which is nothing wrong).. his always charming, professional and smart appearance, he passed with flying colours indeed! :D Totally agree that wearing a tie for PD Yoon's wedding is indeed a very appropriate thing to do (that is great observation, Sung-ja)..

From the latest update that just came out.. there were really a number of fans (+ media) coming to Seoul to catch a glimpse of the stars at the wedding. Probably a reason why some celebs choose a different approach/had cold feet instead.

Interesting tidbit, huh.. the Cannes rumor was just something that happened coincidently.. yet, the media were too quick to speculate.. BH was not travelling by his own means, he had to depend on Paramount's consideration.. and just because they're both there.. he really could not have met/crossed paths with SHK.. even if they wanted to.

However, at PIFF.. staying at the same hotel.. they could have met (big 'maybe' here) as Mr. Song was there as well..

But yeah.. so far, no one knows what really happened at the wedding.. behind the walls.. it's not exactly a huge gathering but really just close acquaintances of the bride & groom.. so, hope for the best between them.

Seriously.. it's already 5 years along the way. Avoiding each other no longer works.. could they even do it anymore.. especially now being managed by the same agency.

Mr. Baik.. the same as Mr. Kim as Cynthia mentioned? :unsure: Maybe he has a better offer outside BH Entertainment.. we had thought he's the cousin or at least a relative to BH (he's always at hand when BH needed anything).. someone who lives with his family. :unsure:

Thanks so much for the info, Sung-ja.. will definitely sit down and check this out. Definitely don't want to miss the talkshow when it airs.. if possible.

Speaking of which.. the Park Joong Hoon Show is once again under criticism by the media. Despite PJH as the anchor and the concept of inviting famous stars.. somehow.. the show isn't breathing fire but catching cold reviews instead. :mellow:

Hopefully BH's appearance in the show will help something.. in some way. Just hope that he doesn't surprise the fans too much too soon or are we ready for it.. :sweatingbullets:

The plump & cheerful Mr Kim (gardening with BH at his house in KBS pgm) left quite a while after which the young Mr Baik (not too sure if he is related to BH) joined....he was with him at Arena performance and also 2007 Rubeurs' birthday party. Guess he could not handle the pressure (just my wild guess)? But Mr Yoo seems very settled into this job but I find him quite aggressive unlike the rest of the friendly managers (especially Mr Son). CP is family but not his cousin......

Totally agree that BH knows how to respect and dress for the occasion...needless to say, I always admire his sense of style....be it casual or formal....he can just carry the clothes off very well but when it comes to his hair.....hahaha....he definitely needs his stylist around when the hair goes long and unruly (like now heheee!!)

The plump & cheerful Mr Kim (gardening with BH at his house in KBS pgm) left quite a while after which the young Mr Baik (not too sure if he is related to BH) joined....he was with him at Arena performance and also 2007 Rubeurs' birthday party. Guess he could not handle the pressure (just my wild guess)? But Mr Yoo seems very settled into this job but I find him quite aggressive unlike the rest of the friendly managers (especially Mr Son). CP is family but not his cousin......

Yes.. Mr. Kim, I sure know which one.. spot on ^^ but Mr. Baik.. have to say I'm not familiar with him at all. Might have seen him in clips (maybe?) but definitely could not remember him. Any hints in which clip he's in or pic that we can share.. just to know which one was he.

As for Mr. Yoo.. maybe he has some security/bodyguard experience to be quite strict & aggressive around BH.. although it's clear that.. BH does ignore him sometimes (which is funnily understandable :P ).. as long as the arrangement works accordingly to BH Ent.'s wishes to keep their Boss safe & sound. :blush:

But certainly very glad that Mr. Son is still with BH Ent... he's the most friendly/familiar person seen with BH over the years.. as well as Mr. Song :blush: via Artist View.. of course.. he's now busier than before but still, a close partner & friend to Byunghun-ssi.

Totally agree that BH knows how to respect and dress for the occasion...needless to say, I always admire his sense of style....be it casual or formal....he can just carry the clothes off very well but when it comes to his hair.....hahaha....he definitely needs his stylist around when the hair goes long and unruly (like now heheee!!)

LOL! Totally agree about the hair.. it can get quite unruly indeed (but cute!) :lol: But it's ok because BH just goes his way no matter what, what's comfortable and natural to him. It's nothing too bad that it's worrying or anything as long as he'd always dress appropriately which he does.. every time. Top points!

Btw.. do you know.. how 'family' is CP to BH.. if they're not cousins? :huh:

Guest Janie Simply

Why sudden outburst of these Misters, I only know about Mr. Song and here's article, could be a repost, from Busan last Oct where CEO Song shared about his vision at APAN Summit.

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/content/view/7114/1/

PUSAN – Maturing talent management and localizing promotional activities are paving the way for Asian actors in overseas markets, according to participants at the Asia Pacific Actor’s Network forum held Friday at the Pusan Film Festival.

The roundtable event saw representatives from pan-Asian tenpercentaries like China’s Chengtian 18 Artists Management, Korea’s Artistview and SM Entertainment, together with a mix of actors from various territories, discussing the state of cross-national casting within Asia and Hollywood.

According to Song Wan-mo, the CEO of Artistview, successfully promoting his artists overseas has necessitated a segmentation of the agency into specific divisions catering to the U.S. and Japan. He cited the casting of actor Lee Byung-hun in a guest role in the 2007 Takuya Kimura-starrer “Hero” as one attempt to introduce the Korean megastar to Japanese audiences. Han Jae-min, prexy of SM Entertainment, echoed this view by emphasizing the importance of localization. “If our talent goes to China or Japan, they will need to speak the local language. That’s why we are also selecting partners and establishing branches in these overseas markets, to help our actors and actresses move into those countries.”...

Guest Janie Simply

The website on Artist View states that SHK joined the company in Oct 2008 must be around Pusan time :rolleyes:

http://www.artistview.co.kr/aboutus.asp

Anyway, I believe the couple has moved on long ago so I am going to rest at peace :) and rubie, I like to trust the goody from your grapevine, I mean undercover agent :rolleyes: It makes more sense that LBH stayed longer at the wedding; why rushed all the way there and just do a hi & bye thingy and created such a commotion on his mentor's special occasion... that would be pretty unprofessional right and you know your hunnie won't do that <_<I know I know it's the media who created the storm...

You know i will notice BH's hairstyle first and foremost. :lol:

Well, I'm also not crazy with the new hair-do of Hunnie. It's too long and too wavy for me. :wacko: ...

Hope he gets a haircut soon. :rolleyes:

Ellabel & all, delightful reading on the thumbs down hairstyle critique but yeah the rest of his attire including sun-glasses & smile compensate it all :D

Oh and for the hair thingy, I'm a newbie so I just learned that there is this thingy call "camera test" where weeks before actual acting, actors will have to try on different hairstyles in front of the camera to see which one best suits their character that they are going to portray. Guess this hair-do won't pass IRIS Spy since it's pretty bushy & unruly :P

Anyway, when I first spotted the wavy and brownie hairstyle, my antenna immediately wired me to one of SHK pics from PIFF last Oct, so just thought I shared :sweatingbullets:

20090111160912382.jpg23ecf01f62b1bcefe0fe0bd1-1.jpg

^ Thanks for the 'camera-test' info-thingy, Jan :blush: .. I've never really heard of that before although it makes sense of course (we sure learn something everyday by sharing).. for the actor/drama production to test the upcoming appearance of a certain role.

Let's hope the red-wavy hairstyle will not pass the test. :lol:

The website on Artist View states that SHK joined the company in Oct 2008 must be around Pusan time :rolleyes:

http://www.artistview.co.kr/aboutus.asp

Although I knew about Artist View for quite awhile.. since June.. this part of (detailed) info, is new to me. But if I'm not wrong.. it's around thereabouts of PIFF that Artist View website was first updated with the clients' info. LBH of course is a longtime client since 3 agencies before (he was already with Mr. Song since I can remember).. then came CJW.. and most recent were JWS, SHK and Hakuryu.

LBH was the first to have an official Japanese fanclub (2004/05), then followed by CJW's Lily (2007/08) and most recently JWS (Nov 2008). Maybe.. SHK will have hers next.. who knows.

Variety.com for years have been quoting Mr.Song's success in managing BH's overseas career particularly in Japan, and clearly both are a fave at PIFF too.

Guest ellabel

December 21, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The Weird

Posted by luna6 rbhcool.gif

Holy Kimchi Western! “The Good, The Bad, The Weird” is the action picture of the year and provides the kind of popcorn entertainment not seen since Joon-ho Bong’s “The Host”. The film takes inspiration from the Spaghetti Westerns of yesteryears and incorporates that style into the backdrop of Manchuria, China circa 1930’s, a chaotic time not so dissimilar to the days of the wild west in America. The visuals are stunning, with colors as bright as a comic book and action sequences that are exhilarating. Some of the reasons for the action scenes having such a unique look lies with director Ji-woon Kim’s unique technique of incorporating wired cameramen following the actors as they ride & fly through the dessert.

The actors, especially Byung-hun Lee and Kang-ho Song, give the type of performances that stays in your head long after the end credits roll around. Although Woo-sung Jung’s ultra-cool persona may have been just too precise, Byung-hun Lee simply gives the most charismatic performance of his career rbhcool.gif & Kang-ho Song gives a performance that will make non-Koreans understand why he is so revered by Koreans.Check out “The Good, The Bad, The Weird,” for pure popcorn fun you’re going to be hard pressed to find a better movie. thumbup.gif

Credits: lunapark6

rubie sis, i like this type of review... very simple, concise and personal.... tt's like coming from the heart, not complex or critical. It's so spot-on on what I want to say about the movie and it's stars. Thanks for sharing.

Hi,

For LBH's appearance on 25 Jan on Park Jung Hoon's show, I think it would be broadcast on KBS World on Asia

Tue 11:25am / Europe Tue 04:25 (check KBS World schedule by your time zone), provided no changes bec of lunar new year.

I dont have KBS World but usually its programs have Eng subs.

Thanks for the heads-up, Huang dear.

I have KBSWorld at home so I hope I dont forget the date and time. :sweatingbullets:

rubes hunnie, i know our dear sis, Armin subscribes to KBS... she regularly watches their dramas on line. Maybe you can ask her.

OH NO (part 2)!!! :o:sweatingbullets: Really hope our BH will not go to the Berlin Film Festival with that hair.

I really think he will have a shorter hair for Iris... I havent seen an international spy with medium long, colored thick wavy hair.... LOL..... Think James Bond with BH's red wine/warm brown shade/highlights. LOL ..... BH can always wear a wig if he's in disguise. :lol:

I think the camera test is not only for the hairstyle but also for the whole outfit, including make-up that the actor will use in the movie. If he has to project a certain persona then usually they have dress rehearsals or something like that to see the effect on camera.

Hahaha!!! I got :wacko: with all the Misters names...... So, CP is not a cousin? :unsure:

Well, still, my fave is still Charles Pak and you know why rubie hunnie. ;):P

Thanks cynthia and Sung-ja for all the tidbits on BH's circle of men.

Maybe the reason why PJH's show is not rating well inspite of the high-profile guests is that he doesnt solicit any new or controversial answers from his guests. Usually talk shows are being watched becoz of the controversies or rumors that will be cleared or created by the interviews given by the VIPs.

BH can help PJH's show to be a by-word or talk of the town if he will announce there who his gf is and when he is getting married. Surely, that will create waves and will make the audience curious of his show. Just my thots. :rolleyes::lol:

Guest Janie Simply

I think the camera test is not only for the hairstyle but also for the whole outfit, including make-up that the actor will use in the movie. If he has to project a certain persona then usually they have dress rehearsals or something like that to see the effect on camera.

Ah, that's how Park Chang-yi's character came about; How fitting :sweatingbullets:

Guest Janie Simply

Opps, sorry for taking up another space by mistake :blush:

LBH was the first to have an official Japanese fanclub (2004/05), then followed by CJW's Lily (2007/08) and most recently JWS (Nov 2008). Maybe.. SHK will have hers next.. who knows.

You could be the first to know, so pm me when you know B)

Looks like rubie-hunnie knows a lot about Miss Song, she must be on your better-be-good book, right :rolleyes: