Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Rubie, there is no clip yet, just some very dark captures. :P

Aigoo.. it's really too dark to see and the interviewer sits sooooo far away from him, too.. :sweatingbullets:

Ooohh.. ohh.. it's the SPOTLIGHT concept.. all attention on Byunghun. :blush: No wonder he feels uncomfortable being the only focus.. could be nerve-wrecking as well. :sweatingbullets: But he certainly handled it better.. opening up to some personal things that we have not known before.

And .. in 10 years' time.. we too, wishes our Byunghun-ssi a truly successful acting career and an especially wonderful warm & happy family.. with son(s) and daughter(s) of his own.. the love of his life closest to him. :wub: We sincerely wishes you the happiness and true love you so deserved.. destined to be.

Why are you asking me this question, Mona? :blink: It wasn't specifically indicated.. the person or the year.. could be about LBH, could be someone else. :sweatingbullets:

Sigh.. please let's not assume that rubie knows everything. :wacko: Didn't I write that I'm surprised as well.. :huh: .. we certainly did not get any hints from BH (about a new girlfriend or someone he's with) if it was indeed him mentioned by his ex.

We just have to open-minded and wary at the same where articles such as these appear, some translation could (un)intentionally misled the readers.

yes, i assumed that, often, that you are LeeWikipedia... :lol:

i think you may have some inf or secret..

hehehe, m curious dear... :D

Actually, with or without another woman beside, He and HyeGyo is apart.. it is obvious! :phew:

Quite the unexpected ripples of revealation at the thread today, huh.. depending on how you see it.. from a rather similar yet contrasting situation. Speculations, questions, concerns.. part of fan-shipping daily vocabulary. :sweatingbullets:

Anyhoo.. is everyone settled yet..

Remember singer Shin Seung Hun, a close friend of BH.. one of the special guests who sang at his Tokyo Dome fanmeet in 2006 who later became the singing tutor for Byunghun during the Arena Tour Concert series in 2007? Also SSH had sang the OST for 'Once in a Summer' so beautifully and romantic.

An article of him published by the Korea Times.. to share (though not particularly mentioning BH in any way).. I especially like how he describes "aeibulbi" or the concept of his ballad.. please refer those highlighted in bold blue. It fits nicely to Once in a Summer's storyline and also relates to real-life relationships as well.. come to think of it.

ps: wonder what SSH thinks of BH's latest Japanese single.. maybe he was one of the friends BH called when Itsuka reached #1 at the Oricon chart. ^^

Maybe now.. BH could sing at SSH's concert as well. :lol:

---

November 2, 2008

Top Balladeer Gives New Twist

Singer Shin Goes Strong Both in Korea and Japan

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

081102_p13_top.jpg

Singer Shin Seung-hun

For a singer, it is important to have a signature style. But if that style stays for more than 15 years, that conventional trait may seem a bit boring for fast-paced fans today. That's why singer Shin Seung-hun decided to give a "twist" to his music.

"I've done mambo, rock and roll and even gospel, but people tend to forget those numbers and just put me under the label 'ballad singer'," Shin, dubbed Korea's "King of Ballads," told The Korea Times during an interview last week.

So the 40-year-old singer released his new project "Three Waves: Unexpected Twist'' which includes three separate albums that feature three different genres. The first album of the project is "Radio Wave," featuring modern rock.

081102_p13_top1.jpg

Singer Shin Seung-hun released his new project “Three Waves: Unexpected Twist” which includes three separate albums that feature three different genres. The first album of the project is “Radio Wave” featuring modern rock.

Making his debut on Nov. 1, 1990, the past 18 years have been fruitful, and although Shin expressed his worries in being known as a singer with only one image, he couldn't hide the fact that he was an expert when it came to Korean ballads, which carry the concept "aeibulbi."

"The term (aeibulbi) means that although you are sad, you don't show it. It's what our ancestors believed in as a national trait, and I can explain the difference with Western concepts. In the West, birds sing, but in Korea, they cries. Many animals don't 'make' noises, but they cry. We don't cry out loud, but in a silent and passive way. Instead of hating or asking our lovers to come back to us, we let them go and hope for their happiness. It's not about conquering, but letting things go and wishing for the best," he explained.

How did Shin start out as a singer of these emotional songs in the first place? "It's my personality. When I'm sad, I don't go out and have fun, I stay home and listen to music. I think I have that ballad sentiment in me," he said.

When it seemed he had no more competition here after winning numerous awards and performing at major venues, Shin realized that he needed to broaden his boundaries. In 2005, he reached out to Japan, only to find himself a nobody in the already sturdy local music market. "I already knew what it meant to be at the top. So I decided to try out something new, instead of leading a comfortable life here," said Shin.

The first few months were difficult, as Japan knew nothing of Korean music, let alone him. He started out as a rookie, riding taxis and introducing himself to the Japanese public, but the work paid off soon.

"I could see hallyu (Korean wave) in Japan, but this was only in terms of television dramas and movies. There was almost nothing known about Korean music, mostly because Japan already had a strong J-pop industry. Plus, the Japanese public was surprisingly exclusive," he explained about the Japanese music industry. "What I wanted was nothing special. I simply wanted people to learn and appreciate my music," he added.

The Japanese public not only appreciated his music, but they became yet another loyal fan base, leading him to perform at the Yokohama Arena after only appearing on a couple of television shows.

His experience abroad helped him gain confidence, and it also made him realize the downfalls of the Korean music market nowadays. "To be frank, I envy the Japanese music industry system. (Japan) has a very intense fan base and this not only helps in terms of earnings but also as a drive for singers to continue to work on their music,'' said Shin.

"Japanese fans are very serious when it comes to their favorite singers. They think downloading their music illegally is like betraying them, and this is what we need to realize as well. Being such an Internet-savvy country may have helped in various fields, but not the music industry. It takes about 40 minutes to download a song in Japan, but here just five. It's obvious that Japanese people would just run out and buy a single than waiting for a single song," he added.

Shin also advised Korean singers who were planning to go overseas, stressing the importance of capability. "It shouldn't be something of an exit from the sluggish local music industry. You have to be serious and good at what you do. If not, you will never succeed. If you don't have what it takes, nobody will notice," he said.

Asked if he would still choose to become a singer if he were starting again, Shin hesitated for a moment. "Maybe a movie director? The job also requires creativity and as I have already worked on creativity three minutes and 50 seconds long, I want to create something longer, like a three-hour film, complete with a director's cut. But that's just wishing," he smiled.

Credits: sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/art/2.../135_33726.html

Guest valley girl

rubie talking about SHG i think LBH really match for her .. Because SHG complete him, and LBH complete SHG too For me hehehe

talking about these

When asked “Your most unforgettable love?”, Song Hye Kyo opened her heart and said: “It’s my first love. I met him again after 2 years of break up and was really hurt when I saw him together with another woman.”

“Have you have the experience of patching up after breakup?” Song Hye Kyo said: “There are too many. There are many cases where I took the initiative to call for a patch up. Usually they would promise me that they will not make the same mistake again. But it was useless, we would break up again because of the same reason.”

if it really LBH why not , he is not cheating because LBH already broke up from her

yes, i assumed that, often, that you are LeeWikipedia... :lol:

i think you may have some inf or secret..

hehehe, m curious dear... :D

Aigoo.. rubie just rambles too much about BH all the time.. not necessarily knowing everything about him. Some of the girls here have been BH fans for much longer and had more experience meeting & seeing him upclose. :blush:

Always love to know more about BH & everything, too.. but.. I guess.. surprises like this could help spice things up.. once in a while. :P

Actually, with or without another woman beside, He and HyeGyo is apart.. it is obvious! :phew:

Yupyup.. both are very busy chasing their dreams & doing well in their career.. too busy for anything or anyone else.. very obvious.

rubie talking about SHG i think LBH really match for her .. Because SHG complete him, and LBH complete SHG too For me hehehe

if it really LBH why not , he is not cheating because LBH already broke up from her

It's too much to speculate when we don't know if he really is her first love. Things can change from what we thought to be. One question.. if it was LBH.. didn't realize that they had actually met again as both were trying hard to avoid each other in order to cut down unnecessary rumors.

Indeed.. they had already broken up.. way too long.. both are free for other relationships.. just that we had no idea that BH was dating again.. if he really did. He's been very secretive and discreet these days, unlike before. We don't expect him saying or sharing anything about it. (Assuming he's the person or first love as stated) it's a surprise that we learn about this from his ex.

sigskyperfectgn1.jpg

^ Cool banner dear Mona.. :blush: ..

Hope it's alright with you that we share it at the news-blog along with the other captures posted by Ching. :rolleyes:

Although SkyPerfect is the name of the satellite tv station.. our BH is simply the StormPerfect. :wub::lol:

Guest ellabel

Thanks to a lovely angel for the translation.

http://www.skyperfectv.co.jp/matsuri/byung...bh/spot_pic.jpg

Sky Perfect TV program has televised LBH's special topic from October 1st to October 31st, for a month.

The special topic's highlight, a long interview will be televised on Friday, October 31st.

In the program(-scene),LBH will introduce his private photos and speak openly about his view of marriage .

As for the view of marriage; "I think it's a destiny," he says.

Sky Perfect! Exclusive LBH festival(-fair) Special program

The one-on-one interview, titled "SPOTLIGHT," will bring out the real feelings out of LBH.

We get to see real LBH, different from what we see on movies and dramas.

He speaks uncomfortably, "It brings back memories but I'm embarrassed at the same time because I feel like you're looking at my childhood photo albums."

He's shown his personal side as well. "I hate insects since I got stung by a bee. I don't like cockroaches, neither."

About marriage, he says, "I would like to get married some day. But I don't think it can do it my own. I think it's a destiny."

The show will be repeated 4 times in November.

Thanks for this much-awaited account of BH's show in SkyPerfect.

May not be able to see it but I'm glad that we have the highlights here.

So, BH believes in destiny. I really hope that he will meet his "destiny" sometime soon.

At his age and stature, he really needs his own family who will serve as his anchor, strength, consolation and inspiration.

It's so nice to see the "human" LBH.... somebody who is shy about his childhood pics and afraid of bees and cockroaches. Despite all the glamour and fame, BH keeps himself rooted to the ground, always appreciative of what he has (family, friends, fans, recognition) and proud of what he has achieved.

Love your new siggy, Mona dear. BH is so king-ly. :D

Btw, who's that 4th guy in your 1st siggy? JWS? :unsure:

^ Cool banner dear Mona.. :blush: ..

Hope it's alright with you that we share it at the news-blog along with the other captures posted by Ching. :rolleyes:

Although SkyPerfect is the name of the satellite tv station.. our BH is simply the StormPerfect. :wub::lol:

willingly to share, dear Pandarube :rolleyes:

Love your new siggy, Mona dear. BH is so king-ly. :D

Btw, who's that 4th guy in your 1st siggy? JWS? :unsure:

Thank you dear, and yes he is one of my KINGS .. hhhaha

Thats right, the 4th king is THE GOOD :w00t:

i have good taste, right?? and my list is short enough to be take care properly... :lol:

Guest kimchibabe

sigskyperfectgn1.jpg

he is the most perfect star to blaze the sky!

like a monarch...a prince. ..he holds himself with such elegance and grace.

though reading only snippets of the interview, still knowing the latest of what he has to say fills the heart with joy.

he speaks of marriage and destiny..that may be the reason why he is taking his time, enjoying his being single.

seems that he is not searching for that special someone but opts to play the waiting game...

So glad to see the thread back again. Must say I am a bit worried with the repeated "error" mode.. can't help it. At least this time around.. should anything happens.. there's less of us as in number of members.. number of pages.. less heartache? :sweatingbullets:

he is the most perfect star to blaze the sky!

like a monarch...a prince. ..he holds himself with such elegance and grace.

though reading only snippets of the interview, still knowing the latest of what he has to say fills the heart with joy.

he speaks of marriage and destiny..that may be the reason why he is taking his time, enjoying his being single.

seems that he is not searching for that special someone but opts to play the waiting game...

He is the Best in our hearts, always and always.. and always. :wub: He's not afraid to be who he is.. to be appreciated as he is.. to be loved as he is.. to be true as the man he is.

Maybe I'd remember wrongly.. sometime ago.. he mentioned he doesn't quite believe in destiny.. that .. perhaps.. might be related to his role in Addiction and BSL, I think. But now.. for something so important as marriage.. a life with someone else.. he knew there's someone destined for him.

He said.. he can't do it alone.. on his own.. but he wanted to be married, indeed.. yet not in a rush in any way.. as if.. yup.. as if he's playing the waiting game.

Wow.. whoever this person is. I hope she knows in her heart how truly lucky she is.

The 29th Blue Dragon Awards (Nov 20) and the 7th Korea Film Awards (Dec 4) are coming up.. soon..

A lot of movies are being considered as the final nominees, tough choices indeed. I think 'The Chaser's lead actors and Song Kang Ho-ssi are undisputedly in the running for both awards. I just hope that GBW would be nominated as well.. and BH too..

We will have to weight and see.. hoping for the BEST.

---

Btw.. anyone with gist for the article of some sort of documentary planned for BH.. posted yesterday? It mentions something about another interview with him, last Friday. Hope we can read something about this as well.

Anyway.. it's nothing important to rush or anything.. really do not want to be a stalker at the thread either. Please just say "no" or "no idea" or "not sure" to some of the questions or comments posted. It really helps make the waiting of the person(s) asking a lot less tiring.. :sweatingbullets: .. and not to feel like a stranger stuck on a notice board.

This is interesting. Another spicy surprise?

Thanks to cacao's efficient highlight at lovelbh.com, Mr. Song Wan-mo's ARTISTVIEW website is now (partly) updated.

I've read some vague hints elsewhere before (plus one or two isolated Korean media reports on this - using BabelFish, as no one had provided any gist) ..

but guess.. this is as confirmed as it gets. Career-motivated & professional.. especially for Japan ventures.. all under the same roof. Perhaps, this is why Mr. Song resigned as VP from BH Entertainment to start ArtistView some 6 months ago.

Clients of ARTISTVIEW

Lee Byung-hun

Jung Woo-sung

Choi Ji-woo

Song Hae-kyo

Hakuryu

Source: client.htm via artistview.co.kr

artistbh1.jpgartistws.jpgartisthakuryu.jpg

artistjw.jpgartisthk.jpg

artistview.jpg

October 5, 2008

According to Song Wan-mo, the CEO of Artistview, successfully promoting his artists overseas has necessitated a segmentation of the agency into specific divisions catering to the U.S. and Japan. He cited the casting of actor Lee Byung-hun in a guest role in the 2007 Takuya Kimura-starrer “Hero” as one attempt to introduce the Korean megastar to Japanese audiences. Source: Variety com

Thanks to cacao-lovelbh.com for sharing the highlight

Bigger & clearer captures from LBH's 2009 calendar. Anyone getting them? :blush: It looks like BH & WonBin might be represented by the same publisher as last year.. I think.

Gotta say that this time.. BH wouldn't look as wild and badboy-Hunnie as in the 2008 calendar. :wub: He was in sooo GBW mode when they took the photos.. obviously. ^^

▲LEE BYUNG HUN 2009 CALENDAR (壁掛+卓上セット)

http://cart.ecv.jp/csb/csb?shopcode=000000...mp;sku=00000866

512718873636546605.jpg

796545053151930503.jpg

Source: http://www.chosunonline.com/article/20081104000067

source: LBH JOFC

http://www2.byung-hun.com/goods/images/goods_lbh_2009_B2.jpg

http://www2.byung-hun.com/goods/images/goo..._2009_table.jpg

A luxurious calendar which is taken by photographer, Mr Masaru Nagaishi who made the photograph collection "LBH MEETS LBH", reflecting daily life of Lee Byung Hun will be completed!

*Wall calendar*

B2 size 728 x 515 mm

(cover and 8 pages which include a bonus cut)

*Desk calendar*

130 x 180 mm

(all 13 pages which include a cover)

Price:

1. Wall calendar + Desk calendar - 4200 yen of(including tax, according to shipping charge)

2. Desk calendar - 2100 yen (including tax, according to shipping charge)

*Wall calendar is not available alone.*

[Privilege]

1. Privilege for sets of a Wall calendar + a Desk calendar - 2 photographs (A pattern and B pattern)

2. Desk calendar - 1 photograph (C pattern)

연말 남녀 주연상, 누가 웃을까

Year-end awards' leading performances, who will succeed? (babelfished; more or less :sweatingbullets: )

OSEN 기사전송 2008-11-05 08:38

200811050825382300_1.jpg

Top: Who else but our NomNomNom, most definitely! Yupyup!

Bottom: Kim Yoon Seok and Ha Jung Woo from The Chaser. Both actors have been winning awards one after another the whole year as their movie was released early 2008. Similar to GBW, The Chaser is a favourite feature in international filmfests.

Source: mcgwire@osen.co.kr via news.empas.com

Got this link highlighted at PlanetBH0712, seems there'll be a big release for GBW on November 21st. I'm not sure if it's the China, Hong Kong or Taiwan nationwide release.. can't find the clear indication from the website which has a great feature, btw. Check it out! :D

http://movie.yam.com/GBW/index.htm

Hope our Chinese fans & friends can help clarify this. It'll be awesome to add to the list of our GBW worldwide journal. Merci! :blush:

GBW's November 21? Where? help.gif

연말 남녀 주연상, 누가 웃을까

Year-end awards' leading performances, who will succeed? (babelfished; more or less :sweatingbullets: )

OSEN 기사전송 2008-11-05 08:38

http://nimg.empas.com/orgImg/pt/2008/11/05...825382300_1.jpg

Source: mcgwire@osen.co.kr via news.empas.com

seeing the latest pix, the GOOD and the WEIRD is getting slimmer while the BAD get slightly chubby !

That is quite good... cause i wanna see them like that :lol:

Got this link highlighted at PlanetBH0712, seems there'll be a big release for GBW on November 21st. I'm not sure if it's the China, Hong Kong or Taiwan nationwide release.. can't find the clear indication from the website which has a great feature, btw. Check it out! :D

Hope our Chinese fans & friends can help clarify this. It'll be awesome to add to the list of our GBW worldwide journal. Merci! :blush:

GBW's November 21? Where? help.gif

Fans in Taiwan are luck to watch GBW from 21 Nov.

It has not date of release of GBW in HK yet.

Fans in Taiwan are lucky to watch GBW from 21 Nov.

It has not date of release of GBW in HK yet.

Wahh.. it's the Taiwan release date for GBW, thanks luwali.. really appreciate the clarification. hug.gif rubie is absolutely clueless about it. :blush:

But don't worry, HK will surely screen GBW soon.. the rights to show the movie has been reserved during the 13th PIFF last month. Maybe in December for Christmas or New Year 2009, friends and fans in Hong Kong will have a great gala screening of NomNomNom. :lol:

Wonder how's the screening in Singapore getting on? Seems rather quiet without any sharing from anyone. :mellow: Hasn't started?

There's GBW screening in London on the 6th at the UK-Korean Film festival.. hope we'll get to hear something from our UK hunnies. And hopefully, too.. GBW will win Best Director Award at the Asia Pacific Screen Award in Australia on November 11th. Dir. Kim, fighting! fightpanda.gif

GBW Taiwan website - November 21st release!

Thanks to the cool highlight by valley girl at JWS thread :D

Wonder if it's BH who persuaded JWS to sign up with ArtistView? Looks like JWS is all ready to launch his official Japanese fanclub as well.. following in on BH and CJW's established sites, respectively.

October 24, 2008

In Hawaii, megastar Jung feels the love

Actor Jung Woo Sung is presented the Louis Vuitton Hawaii International Film Festival's 2008 Achievement in Acting Award.

When Korean movie megastar Jung Woo Sung flew home to South Korea on Tuesday, he took a new accolade with him.

In addition to having his film featured on closing night at the 28th Louis Vuitton Hawaii International Film Festival, HIFF jurors selected the star of "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird" for an Achievement in Acting Award. At the film's screening, Jung thanked his Hawai'i fans and joked to the 800 people who attended the film that he was the "good" character in the film. The local fans could not get enough pictures of the star and kept saying "I love you" in Korean.

I spent five days with Jung, and everywhere I took him, he ran into local fans. In Waikiki, Japanese tourists — who recognized him from the movie "A Moment to Remember" — kept asking to take photos, and I didn't see him refuse a single request for a picture or autograph. By the end of the year, Jung's management team plans to launch an official Japan fan Web site (www.jungwoosung.jp) that will feature several photos of Jung's HIFF visit, giving the festival additional exposure in the Japanese market.

I asked Jung what it was like working with two other big stars, Lee Byung Hun and Song Kang Ho, on the set of "The Good, the Bad and the Weird." Jung said, "Everyone had mutual respect for each other, and the hundreds of staff put their best effort in the making of this film." He added that Song's great acting skills and Lee's charisma contributed much to the film.

On a more personal level, I found Jung to be a very soft-spoken person, often quiet, but he expresses his opinion when he has one. He has a good sense of humor and loves a good laugh. Jung stands well over 6 feet tall and, as a model and actor, is poised in front of a camera. He exudes charisma in real life, and now I can see how that gets portrayed in his film projects. Director Kim Jee Woon, of "The Good, the Bad and the Weird," was sincere when he said that Jung is one of South Korea's coolest guys.

Jung said he was surprised to see so many of his fans in what he referred to as paradise. Asked by a reporter what he considered the good, the bad and the weird about Hawai'i, Jung said, "The good: I have a beautiful view of Waikiki shoreline from my hotel. The bad: I want to be a part of that beauty (referring to getting a swim at the beach) but can't because of the busy schedule here. The weird: I wake up every day at the hotel still wanting, but knowing I can't."

Source: The Honolulu Advertiser

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/.../810240301/1344