Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Thanks ylin for sharing the clip, really appreciate it. :blush: WOW! That is really a great clip.. the NomNomNom getting together (something before the DVD comes out) for a drink & casual talk. That is so awesome, everyone is just so nice and sweet.. especially Byunghun-ssi.. so adorable when he's shy. :wub:

Celina, hope you won't throw snowballs at rubie for not being clear before.. although this BOF gif appears much smaller in diameter, the file size is too big.. more than 40KB which is the limit for soompi banners. You can actually use the BOF banner before if you had reduced the size accordingly.

Hope you'll understand. :sweatingbullets:

- File size cannot be more than 40KB (40,960 bytes)

Signatures:

- Maximum of 4 lines of text.

- Maximum of 2 banners/images that can be on the same line as long as they fit the size requirements

(you cannot substitute an image for a line, vice versa)

This means you can have a maximum of 6 lines. (4 text + 2 images)

Empty line still counts as a line

Each line must be short enough that it doesn't wrap. The maximum number of characters per line varies depending on the font size you use. The limits are listed below and remember that spaces count~!

size=1 : 140

size=2 : 125

size=3 : 110

Mixed : 125

Font size for lines cannot exceed size=3 (size=2 is the default)

Maximum width for each banner/image = 400 pixels

Maximum height for each banner/image = 175 pixels

Maximum file size for each banner/image = 40KB (40,960 bytes)

For Malaysia fans, today Chinese Sin Chew Daily newspapers Sin Chew Plus has the men’s uno interview.

There are 3pages and I manage to scan only the 1st page. :P

menunokj4.jpg

The title says "Lee Byung Hun, this man is not too cold".

For Malaysia fans, today Chinese Sin Chew Daily newspapers Sin Chew Plus has the men’s uno interview.

There are 3pages and I manage to scan only the 1st page. :P

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8933/menunokj4.jpg

The title says "Lee Byung Hun, this man is not too cold".

Why does it say "this man is not too cold" about BH? :huh: He's like the most warmhearted person. :blush:

Hope Ching can share a bit more of the interview gist. Good for you, huh.. and everyone, BH on our Chinese Daily, too.

Btw, yakisikli123.. thanks very much for the GI Joe posters & trailer for 'I Come With The Rain'.. the movie might be out sometime middle of the year or much later.

Guest Sung-ja e Seiko

I Come With The Rain will be released in JULY

Two Hollywood movies which Korean star LBH appears and finished the filming will be released universally from July in order. Mr. Son Seockwoo- the representative of LBH’s agent company BH Entertainment clarified on Feb.12th that U.S.- French joint production movie 'I Come With The Rain 'which was not to be decided its new release schedule before is set the release day in around July in various countries in the world including Japan.

In this 20 million dollars (28 billion won) budgeted movie, LBH acts as the Hong Kong organized crime syndicate boss who confronts against former LA Police who investigates a disappearance case in Asia.

In addition to the film, LBH appears in another Hollywood action blockbuster 'G.I.Joe' and it will be released at the same time in Korea and U.S.A. on August 7. More than 200 million dollars invested film describes the confrontation of a member of guerilla unit and villain cobra army corps. LBH took the role of “ Storm shadow’ who was attached to cobra army corps.

Source: hankyung.com

http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview....0107&page=1

I translated this ad to English from machine translated Japanese from original Korean ad.

So maybe it is not very accurate but you know that, finally finally it comes!

Also, the release schedule of “G.I.Joe” in Japan was rescheduled. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

Now Aug. 7 same as U.S and Korea.

'G.I.Joe' Release Schedule

http://www.gijoemovie.com/intl/releasedates/

'Bungee...' Screening Looks Back on Late actress

090216.jpg

Four years ago on Feb. 22, actress Lee Eun-ju took her own life. On the 21st, the Korean Film Archive will hold a free screening of her well-known 2001 film "Bungee Jumping of Their Own" at the Cinematheque KOFA in Sangamdong.

After the screening, director Kim Dae-seung. who debuted with "Bungee." and script writer Go Eun-nim will talk with the audience. with film critic Lee Dong-jin as the MC.

"Bungee" catupulted Lee Eun-ju to stardom after she gained public attention for her films such as "Trout." It is a love story transcending time, place and death. Lee played the lovely heroine opposite actor Lee Byeong-heon.

After it opened on Feb. 3, 2001, the film earned high critical and public acclaim and was watched by 960,000 viewers, which in those days made it a box office hit.

Lee Eun-ju starred in a total 9 films including "Bungee." She committed suicide on Feb. 22, 2005.

In an interview with Yonhap News in Seoul before her death, she looked back on "Bungee," saying, "I get emotional thinking about the film. There were many memorable scenes including a shadowy scene in which I teach the waltz."

The archive stated, "'Bungee' portrays Lee's confident beauty. As the story is about lovers who cannot forget each other even after death, the film will be a fitting reminder of her on the anniversary of her death."

Credit : KBS Global

^

Oh.... I saw that movie.

For sure LBH will get emotional everytime he remembers that movie. I mean especially with her female lead not in this world anymore.

At least it's nice that she's still being remembered.

Well done, Sung-ja with the latest gist! :w00t: Maybe it doesn't say anything about premiering at Cannes or Venice, etc.. but for now.. just knowing the movie will be finally shown is more important for fans who have been highly anticipating the release. Finally, indeed!

It's really great as well that the Rise of Cobra's Japanese release have been brought forward with the rest of the countries. Now.. that's more like it. :D

So.. it's ICWTR first, followed by GI Joe and then IRIS. July.. August.. September.. our dates with Hunnie are fully booked! :wub:

Dear hunnies, do check out the IRIS thread for further updates and info on the upcoming series. Also the GBW thread for details of DVD, release dates, etc.

Things are slower lately due to the inevitable bouts of illness but hope everyone, especially our Byunghun-ssi are doing well & will be happy always.

Kim So Yeon Casted for IRIS

20090217_kimsoyeon_605.jpg

After her poised, refined role as Joo Hee in SBS Gourmet last year, actress Kim So Yeon has been confirmed for the 20 episode spy thriller drama IRIS today. She joins an all-star cast who had been confirmed earlier which includes the likes of Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee, Kim Seung Woo, Jeong Jun Ho and Big Bang member T.O.P.. The production has been highly anticipated since it was announced with a budget of 20 billion Korean won.

IRIS is based around about the story of spies/agents and the work that they carry out. Kim So Yeon plays an attractive agent called Kim Sun Hwa working for the North Korean intelligence agency and is sent to infiltrate the south for information. During the course of her mission, she falls in love with Kim Hyun Joon (Lee Byung Hun) who is working for the South Korean intelligence. Because of that, she eventually fails in her mission and betrays her organization

20090217_kimtaehee.jpg

She will form a triangle relationship with Seung Hee (Kim Tae Hee) who is a psychological analyst working in the same organization as Hyun Joon. Filming will begin in mid-March in Akita province, Japan and will be shown in September through KBS2TV.

Source : allkpop

February 17, 2009

Local Dramas Enduring With Support In and Out

By Han Sang-hee

Staff Reporter

Actor So Ji-sub who will star in new SBS drama "Cain and Abel"

The economy looks gloomy, and a dark cloud is casting a shadow over the local drama industry. But producers and networks alike are striving to keep up with demands from viewers, with support in and out of the country.

Local television network SBS will offer a new drama "Swallow the Sun" this July and has joined hands with renowned Canadian circus troupe "Cirque du Soleil" for the show. "After discussions with the vice president of the troupe in Taiwan, we decided, in Las Vegas, to bring the circus in April,'' Yoo Chul-yong, the producer, said.

He added that they decided to appear without any royalties, as it considers Korea a potential market. The new drama is being made by the makers of 2003's hit drama "All In," writer Choi Wan-kyu and Yoo.

Seogwipo, a city on Jeju Island, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the production company for "Swallow the Sun," as the drama is to be filmed entirely in the city, with the exception of scenes abroad.

"We signed the MOU last July, promising support for the overall filming of the drama. We will help them film in some of our best locations and also try to help alleviate any hindrances during the shoots. It's more of a mutual relationship,'' an official from Seogwipo's Supporting Investment Division said.

She added that the drama is planning to use exact location names, so the city anticipates a boost in tourism.

Meanwhile, Taewon Entertainment's "IRIS," starring actors hallyu leader Kim Tae-hee and Lee Byung-hun, managed to get support from not only Seoul city, but Akita Prefecture, in Japan, which anticipates that the drama will bring in approximately 200 million yen, or 3 billion won, in revenue. The province also decided to provide free lodging to the drama's 80 crewmembers.

Seoul will also offer its support to the drama, which is striving to become the next "Winter Sonata" and entertain international fans. "The main support we are offering is administrative. We also recommend places that we think will fit the drama. As "IRIS" will be filmed here in Seoul, it will also be a good way to introduce interesting places to not only local viewers, but viewers abroad,'' a Seoul official told The Korea Times.

Meanwhile, MBC's upcoming drama "Cain and Abel" held a press conference at Cheongju Airport last week and hinted at support from the city in North Chungcheong Province.

The city will in fact provide 500 million won and offer administrative support by allowing filming inside city buildings and organizations. In return, the producers decided to film the drama in Cheongju for more than eight episodes out of the total 20.

"It's exceptional to be supported with such an amount of money from a city, especially in such difficult times. Cheongju is looking forward to attracting more tourists to the city with the help of the drama and hallyu star So Ji-sub,'' Plan B Pictures, the production company, said in a statement.

090217_p14_local.jpg

Popular drama "Boys Over Flowers" was fortunate enough to receive support from New Caledonia.

The drama aired episodes in which five characters took a trip to the beautiful island, and now it will offer viewers episodes taking place in Macao.

"When news hit that Korea was filming the next `Boys Over Flowers' series, there were proposals from Japan, Hong Kong and Taiwan, but we wanted to offer viewers places that were new to our fans. It's not just about pretty locations or promoting a certain area, but a way to promote the drama industry and bring more interesting scenes,'' the drama's production company, Group Eight, said through a statement.

Credits: sanghee@koreatimes.co.kr

Guest ellabel

Gosh!!! :o I miss BH and I miss the bamboo forest and the hunnie pandas. :wub:

Too many work and things to do makes me a dull HUNnie panda. :lol:

First of all, I hope rubie dear that u r doing fine already. I'm sure all those BH updates can cure you fast.

Take it easy hunnie sis.

Hope you are also feeling better celina.

G.I. Joe Movie Rise Of Cobra In-Package Action Figure Images

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun...torm_figure.jpg

For a bigger image, click this ^^

Source: hisstank.com

I wonder how much is the Storm figure. Really love to have one.

More gist on this article would be lovely! :blush:

장근석 “닮고싶은 배우 이병헌, 눈빛 카리스마 멋져”

Jang Geun Suk: I wanted to be an actor like Lee Byung Hun, with charisma & great eyes"

뉴스엔 기사전송 2009-02-07 08:01

http://usera.ImageCave.com/rubhie/20090207jgs_lbh.jpg

박선지 sunsia@newsen.com

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com via news.empas.com

-- I believe it's more than once that young actor JGS (HwangJini, Baby & Me, Beethoven Virus) mentioned LBH as his fave actor/idol to emulate.

I also love JGS. He's young but a talented actor. I think he sings too.

I love him in Hwangjini and also in Beethoven Virus.

He surely knows who to idolize. ;)

just wanted to pop in and say I was watching the online podcast called "The Totally Rad show" and they started talking about GI Joe. They basically said they were very nervous about how good the movie would be, one of the host said the secret weapon was our own LBH!

check it out @ http://revision3.com/trs/

the part about LBH starts at around 37:40 (its a very brief mention :) )

Errr..... forgive my ignorance but what is an online podcast and The Totally Rad Show? Is it a shown in Korean?

A chingu from the US said that there are many ppl saying bad things about this new G.I. Joe film.

Nice to hear that some ppl think the movie is good and that BH is the secret weapon. Wow! That's a big complement for LBH.

I hope you're feeling better Rubie, if you're not, get well soon! *hug*

Here's something I made for Valentines Day. Anyone may use it however they please, hope you like it :D

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t123/Hi...fter01/lee2.jpg

Hope everyone, including our Hunnie has a lovely day :wub:

Wow!! :w00t: Awesome wallie, Helena. Love it!! :wub:

Same with celina's V-day artwork.... lovely! :w00t:

Belated Happy Heart's Day to all my HUNnie sistahs here.

Guest kimchibabe

Is ICWTR festival material? I know films have to be lobbied to get screened in festivals so maybe the production did not make an effort to have it screened in Cannes.

Now with the said release date, it might not join Cannes anymore. But I hope it will. It will be good for BH.

I know BH is busy preparing for IRIS....miss him. :blush:

Is ICWTR festival material? I know films have to be lobbied to get screened in festivals so maybe the production did not make an effort to have it screened in Cannes.

Now with the said release date, it might not join Cannes anymore. But I hope it will. It will be good for BH.

I know BH is busy preparing for IRIS....miss him. :blush:

Personally, I'd say the movie is a festival material given the ensemble of talented director & actors but the number of delays have made it quite uncertain to really see it playing at the festival circuit but since it'll be released (most likely) in July and Cannes being in May every year.. maybe, there's a chance of seeing BH again at the international podium. But for now.. especialy when it concerns ICWTR.. let's just wait and see. And hope for the best.

ps: it's not that ICWTR wasn't lobbyied enough for Cannes, Venice or Berlin.. quite the contrary as the Director's clout is what makes it a fave mentioned every time despite the eventually disappointing no show. It's unfortunately something related to one of the cast (not BH) of the movie that kept pushing the movie from being screened.

Not sure the real accuracy of the news that came out today As this is already confirmed by CJW herself by her own admission.. rubie is only reading third-party updates but Heartiest Congratulations to Ms. Choi Ji Woo on a new relationship with fellow actor, Lee Jin Wook. They acted together in Air City 2 years ago.

It's definitely about time for CJW, good for her.. age is just an age, a number for everyone. What matters is that she finally founds happiness (after a really long time) with LJW who clearly loves her.. a lot. CONGRATS! :blush:

Perhaps.. it's a sign for BH to do the same.. with his girl.

Fighting, be happy.. be in Love!

***Another article from KBS Global about her joining the drama, "Iris"..........

ACTRESS KIM SO-YEON TO JOIN "IRIS" AS SEXY AGENT

090219_s.jpg

Actress Kim So-yeon will join the high profile cast of the upcoming spy action drama series "Iris" starring Lee Byeong-heon and Kim Tae-hee. She will play a sexy agent.

The drama's production agency Taewon Entertainment said, "Kim will turn into a provocative warrior playing Kim Seon-hwa, a North Korean agent. She is up for some intense action scenes."

Under the order of the team chief played by actor Lee Seung-woo, Kim Seon-hwa doggedly tails South Korean special agent Kim Hyeon-jun (Lee Byeong-heon). After being abandoned by the North regime, she fatefully falls in love with Lee. She creates an intense love triangle with Kim Tae-hee and Lee to the very end.

"Iris" is expected to air on KBS 2TV in the second half of the year. Filming will start next month in Akita Prefecture, Japan.

Credit : KBS Global

No one is spared from Korea's BOF syndrome.. dontcare.gif

200902201010261631_b.jpg

VOD Streaming at ytnstar.co.kr

---

Like kimchibabe-sis, despite my unwell-ness.. I really miss Byunghun-ssi, always wondering what he's been up to and with whom. :sweatingbullets:

Well.. a fan can wish the happiness of her/his fave person.. no? :blush: And I'll never stop, too.

Although BH is obviously preparing for IRIS as well as having some personal time off before the madness of filming starts again.

I sure hope we'll see him next week.. so many fans are especially eager to know how he's been..

Btw.. even if a person of the thread is sick & unable to ramble.. come on.. others are not infected, too.. right? :sweatingbullets: