Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

4 KOREAN FILMS NOMINATED AT ASIAN FILM AWARDS

KIM Ji-woon's kimchi-western "The Good, The Bad, The Weird" topped the list of award contenders with 8 nominations at the 3rd Asian Film Awards (AFA) held in Hong Kong. The awards show – which takes place March 23 – is held in tandem with the Hong Kong International Film Festival (March 22 – April 13).

KIM's blockbuster was the highest grossing film to the end of 2008 at the Korean box office. It received AFA nominations in the categories of best film, director, actor (SONG Kang-ho), supporting actors (LEE Byeong-heon, JEONG Woo-seong), cinematography, visual effects and best composer.

NA Hong-jin's debut thriller "The Chaser" was next with 3 AFA nominations: best actor for HA Jeong-woo, best screenwriter for director NA, and best editor for KIM Sun-min. LIM Soon-rye's sports redemption drama "Forever the Moment" garnered a best supporting actress nomination for KIM Ji-young.

Finally, debut director JANG Hoon's "Rough Cut" drew attention to actor SO Ji-sub who received a nomination in the category of best newcomer. SO plays a violent gangster who dreams of becoming an actor and gets his chance.

Nigel D'Sa (KOFIC)

Source : www.koreanfilm

Credit : Hancinema

Upcoming K-Dramas of 2009!

This is for all the K-Drama lovers. To me, the only dramas that seem worth watching are Full House 2, Heaven's Postman, and The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House. As for the others, only time will tell.

2009 Alien Baseball Team

A Man's Story

Cain and Abel

Genre: Action, Romance

Episodes: 20

Broadcast: February 2009

Cast: Chae Jung Ahn, Han Ji Min, Shin Hyun Joon, So Ji Sub

Description: Cho In is a very gifted doctor who has everything that he wants whereas his older brother, Seon Woo, is jealous of all the attention that Cho In receives. Seon Woo blames his brother for taking everything good in his life away from him. Seon Woo blames Cho In for getting their father's love, getting more recognition as a doctor, and for stealing the woman he loves.

Cinderella Man

Genre: Drama, Romance

Episodes: N/A

Broadcast: April 2009

Cast: Han Eun Jung, Kwon Sang Woo

Description: The story of a man who would be playing two lives.

City Hall

Four Seasons

Genre: Romance

Broadcast: February 2009

Cast: Jung Ji Hoon (Rain), Jun Ji Hyun

Description: A story between a female war correspondent and an adopted child who becomes a mercenary for France.

Fashion King

Full House 2

Hateful but Once Again

*Ongoing*

Heaven's Postman

IRIS

Genre: Action, Mystery, Thriller

Broadcast: 2009

Cast: Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee, Jung Joon Ho, Kim Seung Woo, T.O.P

Description: Kim Hyun Joon (Lee Byung Hun) is an assassin who belongs to a top secret organization known as the "NSS" whereas T.O.P is an assassin who works in another secret organization located in the United States called "IRIS" and was ordered to kill Hyun Joon. Lee Myung Hee is a psychological analyst who plays an important role in bring Hyun Joon into the "NSS."

Princess Ja Myung Go

Queen Seon Duk

Swallow the Sun

Genre: Romance

Episodes: 24

Broadcast: June 2009

Cast: Ha Ji Won, Ji Sung, Jun Kwang Ryul, Kim Jung Tae, Sung Yu Ri, Yoon Yoo Sun

Description: This novel-based story revolves mainly around four people who are drawn to Seogwipo, Jeju for a project.

The Sons of Sol Pharmacy House

Unseen Warfare (Strange Heroes)

Genre: N/A

Broadcast: April 2009

Cast: Lee Jun Ki

Description: N/A

Friend, The Untold Story

Genre: N/A

Broadcast: June 2009

Cast: Hyun Bin, Kim Min Joon, Suh Do Young, Cha Seung Won, Jang Dong Geun (cameo), Joo Jin Mo (cameo), Park Shi Yeon (cameo)

Description: N/A

Triple

Credit : allkpop

Write your Valentine wishes

butter10.gif

Byunghun-ssi, our Hunnie-Valentine []

ps: hi hi Mr.KPop.. so good to see you back at the thread and that is awesome sharing on GI Joe. Everyone is really anxious to see how it'll turn out.. more pressure on the Storm, indeed. Byunghun-ssi.. Fighting!

February 11, 2009

Japan hopes to attract tourists from Lee drama

200902110025.jpg

Japan's Akita Prefecture is hoping to cash in when actor Lee Byeong-heon's upcoming television espionage series "IRIS," is filmed there in March.

According to Gyodo News Agency on Monday, filming on the high budget, high concept series will commence filming in the North Honshu prefecture over a period of three weeks. A sudden influx of tourism is expected which looks to generate the estimated 2 billion yen revenue.

Lee will play a rogue national security agent who smuggles into Japan. Scenes shot in Akita will mostly involve the actor's infiltration sequence. Other candidate districts in Akita that are currently being considered are Semboku and Oga.

"Whenever my wife watches Korean dramas I sometimes watch it passively, but since Lee Byeong-heon is popular I believe he will have positive influence here," said Akita governor Sukeshiro Terata.

The Akita municipalities are now organizing sponsorships with local businesses to organize a reception for Lee and plan to provide room and board for the 80 member production staff.

Production is set to begin in March 10 with Lee, Kim Tae-hee, Jung Joon-ho, and Big Bang's T.O.P. (Choi Seung-hyun) filming the opening action sequence. The 20 episode espionage thriller will be helmed by movie director Yang Yoon-ho, who directed "Holiday" and "Libera Me," and producer Kim Gyu-tae who directed the KBS2TV drama "A Love to Kill."

By Song Woong-ki (kws@heraldm.com) via koreaherald.co.kr

February 11, 2009

Korean drama 'IRIS' to generate W3 Billion in Japan

090211.jpg

The Korean drama "Iris" starring top actor Lee Byeong-heon is expected to generate some 200 million yen (3 billion won) in economic benefits in Japan's Akita prefecture, where it will be shot.

Kyodo News says the prefecture officially announced the Korean drama will be shot there for 3 weeks from mid-March. Officials expect the economic effect will include a rise in tourist numbers.

Scenes shot there will mainly focus on Lee, who is playing an intelligence agent fleeing Korea and infiltrating Japan. The production agency Taewon says Akita was picked for its snow covered scenery. As for the exact location in Akita, either Oga or Senboku districts will be the likely choice.

Akita governor Sukeshiro Terata said, "I get a glimpse of Korean dramas when my wife watches them. But 'Iris' starring Lee, highly popular in Japan, will have considerable positive impact to our prefecture."

Akita officials plan to form a corporate support team to help the shooting as well as a reception for the Korean actor. Accommodations for the drama's 80 Korean staffers will also be provided for free.

The first shoot on March 10 is an action scene featuring Lee, Kim Tae-hee, Jeong Jun-ho and TOP, a member of the boy band Big Bang. The 20-episode spy action series is jointly directed by filmmaker Yang Yun-ho, known for the movies "Holiday" and "Libera Me," and TV producer Kim Gyu-tae, who made the drama "Love I Want to Kill."

Meanwhile, Lee is returning to the small screen for the first time since the SBS hit drama "All In" 6 years ago. He will hold a large scale fan meeting in Tokyo on Feb. 28 -- he will be meeting his Japanese fans more than one year after his LBH Arena Tour in late 2007.

Source: KBS Global

Guest celina86

Hey Guys :D

Just dropped in to say Hi... very sorry I wasn`t able to visit lately due to so much work and falling ill twice :sweatingbullets: Luckily I have a week off next week so hopefully I will be active again here :D

I hope you're feeling better Rubie, if you're not, get well soon! *hug*

Here's something I made for Valentines Day. Anyone may use it however they please, hope you like it :D

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t123/Hi...fter01/lee2.jpg

Hope everyone, including our Hunnie has a lovely day :wub:

Ohh H! rubie's fever has dropped since but the temperature is now rising fast! :w00t: LOL! Our ninja-girl would not miss leaving her print on Hunnie's chest, huh! :lol:

The Valentine wallie is fabulous, I'll put it up soon.. a HOT treat, indeed! :wub:

Unlike before.. our Hunnie will have a great Valentine's day this year.. with his girl.. :blush:

Hey Guys :D

Just dropped in to say Hi... very sorry I wasn`t able to visit lately due to so much work and falling ill twice :sweatingbullets: Luckily I have a week off next week so hopefully I will be active again here :D

Hi Celina! BIG BIG HUG for you! hug.gif

So sorry to hear about you not feeling well, please don't worry and take things easy. Looking forward to see you soon, we're not going anywhere. :D

Guest kimchibabe

I've been tuning in on Discovery Channel and it seems HIP KOREA has not premiered yet.

But it was good to see the teasers with BH doing some boxing jabs. That alone already thrilled me. :rolleyes:

Really looks like a very insightful documentary....not to be missed.

It's the official version, Innoform bought the rights to distribute the movie in Singapore (it's like PMP in Malaysia).

official site: http://www.innoform.com.sg/productDetails....PRODUCTS_ID=430

Innoform DVD sets are not widely available at online stores with international shipping though.

I don't know how much GBW DVD goes for in Singapore, but I found HKFlix's pricing for this particular title very high (it's almost the same price as other Korean version).

really?? okok... i go and check out the prices in stores and let you guys know.. :P

Ohh H! rubie's fever has dropped since but the temperature is now rising fast! :w00t: LOL! Our ninja-girl would not miss leaving her print on Hunnie's chest, huh! :lol:

The Valentine wallie is fabulous, I'll put it up soon.. a HOT treat, indeed! :wub:

Unlike before.. our Hunnie will have a great Valentine's day this year.. with his girl.. :blush:

Oh dear Rubie, I hope you found an ice pack for that temperature :lol:

Hehe indeed I had to leave my mark, who could resist it? :wub:

Thank you for the kind compliment, I hope you all have a lovely day :D

Nice to see you back Celina and a beautiful graphic as always :)

Guest celina86

Oh dear Rubie, I hope you found an ice pack for that temperature :lol:

Hehe indeed I had to leave my mark, who could resist it? :wub:

Thank you for the kind compliment, I hope you all have a lovely day :D

Nice to see you back Celina and a beautiful graphic as always :)

Hi H, It`s great to see you too :D

And thank you so much :blush: I absolutely adore yours too :blush:

IRIS GETS A DRAMA AND A MOVIE

th_090211.jpg

Lee Byung-heon and Kim Tae-hee’s much-anticipated match-up in the upcoming action-spy drama, Iris, will also be producing — simultaneously — a film version.

Producers from Taewon Productions say, “The movie will be produced alongside with the drama, and be shown in theaters after the drama’s end, with a separate story.” The drama won’t merely be re-edited in film form, but rather, a different version will be made entirely — a first time for a project of this kind.

The two projects will be undertaken by different directors. The drama will be shot by PD Kim Kyu-tae, who worked on KBS dramas A Love to Kill and Loveholic; the film will fall to Yang Yoon-ho of films Holiday and Libera, ME.

According to one rep, “The work of scriptwriting will be divided between them and on the filming location, the drama and film teams will operate separately.”

The cast for the drama (and film) also includes Jung Jun-ho (The Last Scandal of My Life), Kim Seung-soo (Why Did You Come to Our House), and Big Bang’s TOP. The 20-episode drama will shoot overseas in Japan, Russia, and Turkey to a tune of a 20 billion won production budget.

The project most similar to Iris is the joint Korea-Japan “telecinema” production featuring a stable of Japan’s top screenwriters with Korean directors and producers, to be shown in theaters and on television in both countries. The difference is that the telecinema is more like an omnibus film, with separate parts written and filmed by a different team, featuring separate actors. (One being Hero Jaejoong and Han Hyo-joo’s Heaven’s Postman.)

Iris is scheduled to air on KBS in September.

source: dramabeans

A little something I made for Valentines Day... with love :blush:

http://i42.tinypic.com/21ahfh2.jpg

That is a sweet Valentine banner, Celina.. love the red.. goes so well with our Hunnie. :wub:

Always good to see you sharing with everyone at the thread.. hope it will inspires others too. :blush:

Btw.. your awesome BOF banner is unfortunately a bit over the limit of 400 x 175. Hope you can reduce the size, huh.

For Malaysian ASTRO viewers on Valentine's Day

Small-screen romance

COUCH potatoes have lots to look forward to this Valentine’s Day. Just cosy up on your favourite settee and keep your remote handy. Here’s what is on offer:

> Once in the Summer, 9pm (Astro Kirana 122)

Lee Byung Hun (Suk Young) and Soo Ae (Jung In) star in this moving Korean romance about 10 days of love over a 30-year span. The sophomore film from director Jo Geun Sik goes back and forth from the present to that fateful summer 30 years ago when the leads first met.

In 1969, South Korea was in the midst of great economic change and political turbulence under the Park Chung Hee regime; set against such chaotic times, the film brings out remarkably simple and genuine sentiments with a heartwarming yet heartbreaking love story.

Source: star-ecentral.com

Still searching/hoping for a clip on this..

February 5, 2009

Jung Woo-sung's daily life aired on TV

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun...70/projectj.jpg

A documentary about actor Jung Woo-sung was shown on On Style. On Style is a cable television channel. "Jung Woo-sung's Project J" aired on Jan. 23 and 30.

Think this is the video you are looking for:

Thanks to Lucktosee for sharing and roger@bhjwlove for highlighting

Guest celina86

That is a sweet Valentine banner, Celina.. love the red.. goes so well with our Hunnie. :wub:

Always good to see you sharing with everyone at the thread.. hope it will inspires others too. :blush:

Btw.. your awesome BOF banner is unfortunately a bit over the limit of 400 x 175. Hope you can reduce the size, huh.

Thanks Rubie :wub:

Oh sorry, I didn`t know that... I`l just get it removed :sweatingbullets: